Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC a Miracle 2009

+13
CJTTC
KieyasMommy
ajvinsh
denise73
shannon luddy
Brennan&Leosmama
BeckC1210
Tommygirl2002
Bensmom
momtoogsncjs
CJ71903
Admin
Adrienne1010
17 posters

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 11 Empty Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by CJ71903 Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:50 pm

Becky - Sorry to hear that your craft show was a bust. It's too bad that they couldn't have put your table in a better spot. Are you going to do anymore shows? Sometimes the ones closer to Thanksgiving (at least around here) are good.

Alicia - I can't believe that you're already 26 weeks! I'll bet you are itching to get into your place so that you can start setting stuff up!

Candice - I'll be 28 this month and I agree with you that time really flies! Doing anything special for your birthday?

Becky C. - Hope you're feeling better. You will find out your baby's sex before Christmas then? That will be fun for you and your family!

Adrienne - I can't believe that Jalen is going to be 2 already? Sounds like you have some good gift ideas in mind for his birthday!

Denise - When you mentioned varicose veins down there, it made me curious to know if I have them. I don't know that I have a handheld mirror though. Smile

Maureen - Sounds like work is keeping you busy! That would have to be stressful especially when people don't come in or whatever. Hope you've been able to relax some.

Kate - How are you today?

AFM - We had a great doctor's appointment today - Baby Girl weighs 4 lbs. 13 oz. and Baby Boy weighs 4 lbs. 14 oz!!!!! The ultrasound was so cute - Baby Girl was sucking her thumb and we found out that Baby Boy has hair since it was sticking up because it is floating in the amniotic fluid!!!!! Smile

You guys were talking about Christmas shopping? I'm done and have everything wrapped. Smile I did all of my shopping online and wrapped it pretty much when it came in. I just ordered a present for my in-laws yesterday so that should be the last thing I have to wrap. The last three gifts we have to buy will be gift cards.

Have a good day!

Last edited by CJ71903 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:53 pm

Clare- well...you really didn't have a choice, but to shop early! Good for you for being done! I'm jealous, but at the same time proud of you! Very Happy
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Adrienne - Yeah, I didn't have a choice, but to do my shopping early. I'm glad that I thought of doing it because it feels good to be done with it. I love the holiday season! Smile
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Clare ~ yeah, don't have your DH look. They're gross and I'm sure if I asked Chris to look he'd be scared for life. I'm well on my way to being done with shopping, too. I got 4 things in the mail today and wrapped them all. I only need to buy a few things and then I'm done. I want to be done by Thanksgiving.

Hi to EOE. Alexa isn't feeling well. She only had a cough and was pulling on her ears. Well, she thew up twice today and now has diarrhea. So we're doing the claritin/robitussin route for the cough and drainage right now. Plus the vaporizer and vicks on the feet. I got an Rx from the doc for her and we'll start that tomorrow. I didn't get it til late this evening and I didn't want to give it to her and send her to bed not knowing if she'd have a reaction to it or not. It's a combi of antihistimine and decongestant.

I have an icky cough now. I don't need this. I'm headed to bed and I'll chat at you later.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Thanks girls=) My number today was 157 so I need 314 or higher....big money big money.
Apparently I had to have tested on the first day (unless my number is going down) I could have without even knowing I had O'd. Maybe I did know and that's why I tested? Hummmmm mommy's inuition? It's hard not to hold out hope since my line got darker from last week to this week. I just hate setting myself up for disappointment.

Clare-That is so cute about the baby's hair floating in the fluid!

Denise-I hope Alexa is feeling better soon...blargh to sick kiddos!
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:17 pm

Kate my Fingers are crossed for you! PS Ben is sooo cute!

Clare- JEALOUS! I haven't even started yet. I have made a list by that is about it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. TTC for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 4 yrs. and Omri 20 mths. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Job : Graphic Designer

https://ttcamiracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:39 am

Kate ~ here's to BIG number jumps <3

Just an FYI ~ every time I cough it feels like the baby is gonna fall out of me....
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:18 pm

Denise- I felt like that with Omri and I went into labor at 37 wks!

AFM: I am on CD19 which is about 5 DPO and have a really TMI (wet feeling down there) never had this before. Common?? Plus SUPER HUNGRY.
Admin
Admin
Admin

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. TTC for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 4 yrs. and Omri 20 mths. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Job : Graphic Designer

https://ttcamiracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:30 pm

Heather ~ before I got my BFP with both of my kids, I had 48 hours where I couldn't get enough to eat. I mean, I ate all day and all night and still woke up at 3 am starving. And I also had increased wet discharge. And this happened about 6 or 7 DPO for me. So it's possible Smile As for the baby coming out. Seriously, this cough is killing me. I'm all for her coming early but as long as she's "full term early". So she has 2 more weeks to stay in there!!
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:08 pm

Christmas shopping is so much fun! I already ordered my Mom and MIL and I'm waiting for them to come. I got them Grandma necklaces on Etsy with each child's name and birthstone on it. I got DH's grandma a photobook. I have got to get something cool for the Grandpa's still though. I got Bath and Body Works little things for each of the godmother's. I think the godfather's are getting Dunkin Donuts gift cards.
Our nieces and nephews are each getting a pair of Gymboree pj's. I ordered them all back during a big sale. We have 7 kids to buy for. I also my BIL/SIL's girls a few extra things since we buy more for them.
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Job : RN

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm almost done with Christmas! Smile Right now Kohl's has Fisher Price toys at 45% off and if you have a Kohls charge card you can get an extra 30% off with the code HOLIDAYGIFT and free shipping with the code FREE2MVC. So I got a bunch of stuff for the kids I had to shop for!

Kate- I've got my fingers crossed for your numbers to double! Very Happy

I think I'm going to box up a bunch of Jalen's toys and give them to Goodwill this weekend. He'll be getting some for his birthday and more for Christmas and we're running out of space!

Oh, and my mom is weird! She send me a weird message on FB this morning. I had posted something like, "thanks to all the veterans, this means you dad" b/c my dad is a Vietnam Vet and so she wrote how sweet I was and then she went on to say that their cat attacked her this morning at scratched her face and bit her neck (which is really odd b/c the cat is nice) and then here's her quote
I feel compelled to tell you that before I was pregnant with you I was at a low point in life (depression, malaise, whatever). At 30, I found myself in a 'surprise' pregnancy. You became my miracle and I love you just as much as I did then (no, I mean more). The promise of my newborn daughter has delivered a beautiful (inside and out), responsible genuinely good person. Thanks for being YOU. XOXO Mom
I don't even know how I'm supposed to reply to that. Sigh.
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:19 pm

I other, good news. I got a free smoothie at Panera today! Very Happy The Panera's around us just started having a reward card program, so I'm excited! It was really good. It's the little things that make me happy.

I also had a coworker in an email tell me that I'm an 'excellent mom. Excellent!' Very Happy I guess it's "Tell Adrienne That She's Awesome Day."
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:09 pm

Denise - I don't think that I even want to look! Lol! Maybe it's one of those things where "ignorance is bliss." Smile Hope you start feeling better soon and get rid of your cough.

Kate - Hope your numbers are nice and high tomorrow!

Adrienne - I love Panera's strawberry smoothies! I don't think I could eat one right now though because of the gestational diabetes. I used to get one of those smoothies after I hit the gym. They're so tasty and are low-fat too, I believe! I wouldn't know how to respond to a comment like your mom's either.

Jeannette - I love Christmas! Smile It's one of my favorite times of year!

Question for those of you who have nursed your Babies: What kind of nursing bras did you buy? How many? What kind of nursing tank tops did you get? Thanks!
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:32 pm

Clare-While I wasn't successful at nursing I got my nursing Tanks at Target as well as my nursing bras. They were comfy and convienent when I was nursing. They were nice to wear even after I stopped because they had nice support for the ta ta's while the milk was going down. I had 4 tanks and 2 bras.
Bensmom
Bensmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:27 pm

Clare ~ smart girl ;o) I didn't nurse but a few of my friends did and they all bought the tanks from Target. They loved them.

Kate ~ what time is your blood draw tomorrow? Will you get the results tomorrow or do you have to wait until Monday?
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:46 am

Clare- I have another show tomorrow. I think this one will be better. They advertised in the paper plus they have fire/police dept. coming out, home depot and a few other stores! SOunds like the babies are doing great!!

Denise- poor Alexa. Hope she is feeling better soon.

Kate- keeping fingers crossed!

Heather- keeping fingers crossed for you too!

Adrienne- I have the Panera card too! I have a free smoothie waiting for me!

I have started Christmas shopping. Brennan picked out 2 train sets he liked so I got one and now he cant stop talking about the other one. Saying it is his fav. NOw i have to return the one and buy his "fav."
Yesterday was Thanksgiving feast at his school. DH and I both volunteered. MIL and my dad both came for the meal too! It was nice. YEsterday afternoon I had to go to Dr and get 3 shots. My arm is killing me now.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:10 am

Just thought of something funny last night. I know this is random, but my doctor referred to the mucous plug as "the gift that keeps on giving." Haha! I asked a question at my appointment on Wednesday about how do you know when you've lost your mucous plug and he said that many women don't even know since they just have increased discharge for awhile.
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:23 pm

Clare- I got my nursing bras from Motherhood. I got a few of the sleeping ones which I lived in around the house b/c they were the most comfortable, and then a few of their regular nursing bras for when I actually left the house and wanted to look normal. Smile Oh, and stock up on the nursing pads! I loved the Lansinoh ones.

I also post on Ju Ju Be's forum, called the Pink Room. I've actually met some of these women IRL. It's pretty cool to become friends with someone when you just have the love of diaper bags in common in the beginning. We've had 2 official get togethers since I've been posting there and I've met about 8 women. 1 woman I actually meet for lunch occasionally b/c we work near each other and we've even gone to the State Fair together. Smile

Anyways, one mom (who is the mother of 4...and I thought they'd be off the wall crazy kids, but they were the most well behaved, best mannered children I had ever met!) has a 14 month old daughter. The daughter recently got really sick. She was having seizures and they couldn't figure out why (and still haven't figured it out). Then she was having digestive issues. While the mom kept pushing for more tests instead of being blown off by the doctors, the doctors found the girl had a neuroblastoma (cancer) in her abdomen. They were able to remove it (the size of a tennis ball!!!) and further testing seems to show it hasn't spread anywhere else. It really is a miracle that they found it b/c her symptoms really don't have anything to do with the cancer. It could have grown and spread for a long time, undetected. It's just so scary.

The JJB mamas (referred to as Pink Ladies or PL) are doing a raffle to raise money for the family. You can read the details of the raffle here if you are interested: https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=131053443586399&v=photos&so=0#!/group.php?gid=131053443586399&v=wall (you might have to click on the event tab. If you click on the photos tab, you can see what is up for grabs. The tickets are $5 each or 3 for $10. You get to pick which items your tickets go towards. The drawing is held early next week.

About 3 or 4 months ago another mama in the Pink Room lost her son to Neuroblastoma. He was Jalen's age. I actually couldn't bear to follow the story because I was too sensitive and b/c I couldn't help but compare her DS to my DS. I still feel guilty that I couldn't follow along and I only know little information about it, but it was just heartbreaking. I have a good feeling about this little girl (her name is Julianna) and I just know that she's going to be ok.
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Adrienne- that is so scary. It is great that the mom kept pushing for test and they found it early. I will check out the raffle!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:30 pm

Quick post....175 so no doubling. Now I wait till it's "over" blah! I'm ok but I was getting used to this idea! I'm kinda glad cause we need to move and Matt needs a new job! LOL
Bensmom
Bensmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:33 pm

Kate- so sorry. Sad <<<HUGS>>>
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:42 pm

Kate - ((((Hugs)))) That stinks. Hope you're holding up okay.
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Kate - So sorry for the loss, but you seem to be in a good frame of mind and handling the situation well. I'll be thinking of you.

Adrienne - What a miracle for them to find the cancer! Amazing!

Clare- I'm glad to see you just trucking along on your Chirstmas list lol. I have the boys done and Olivia done and my mother in law is done too but I still have Lily and a few others. My priority is my kids first then the rest will get done when it can lol.

Maureen - that nurse should have been fired! That's ridiculious!

Becky - Sorry the show wasn't a big seller like you were hoping but maybe another chance to sell some more will come your way soon.

Becky C- Sorry it's been rough with Nick. I know it's hard being pregnant and having to deal with a naughty little toddler that is so cute when they are bad you can't help but smile lol. Okay I added that part because he is so cute lol lol.

I'm sorry I know I have forgotten some people but I am going by memory. Nothing new going on with us. School, daycare, kids activities housework keep it busy around here. I am still getting A's in all my classes which is just an accomplishment for me since i have never got A's before. Andrew started Wrestling for the first time, Caleb is in Garden club, and Olivia and Lily well they are just cute and nice to watch lol. I have made some great friends at school, one's that I talk to about everything and I swear it feels like I have known then forever. Well that's about it for me. Mom is coming over tonight to visit and I am going to see if I can get a box of diapers out of her lol. I'm bad I know money is just tight!! Talk to you all later!
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Clare-I saw my mucous plug and that’s exactly what it looked like it should have been called, lol. It was just a blob, about the size of a quarter. I went into labor about a week later.

Denise-Every time you cough you feel like the baby is going to fall out? Well every time I cough I pee my pants, wanna trade? Lmao

Heather C.-I have had that wet feeling with both my pregnancies! Fingers crossed for you!

Jeannette-I am all about Christmas this year! I think its because Nick is at a good age and I feel like Christmas has this kinda magical feel about it again!

Adrienne-So I would not know how to respond to your mom, lol. That is so sad about those kids. I have such a hard time watching or hearing about anything like that now that I have Nick, its not just you!

Becky-Glad you had fun at Brennans school!

Kate-So sorry, I am glad you have a positive attitude about it.

Gigi-I know, no matter how much trouble he causes he is just too cute to stay mad at for long. Not quite sure how I am going to do it with two, lol.

AFM-Had a talk with my cousin who watches Nick for me 3 days a week. I wasn’t sure if she was going to want another one, considering she does it for nothing. So she told me she definitely plans on taking both kids! Which is a huge relief because I was going to have to find daycare and I wasn’t looking forward to that. But this way they are with someone I trust, who is an RN, and they are with their cousins. I am so happy!

Other than that I have been feeling better. I am still taking the unisom and my doc told me to take it through 16 weeks, Oh, and I swear I am huge, lol.

We are going to tag our Christmas tree on Sunday!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by CJTTC Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:41 pm

Kate: So sorry. Hugs to you and your DH.

Clare: DH and I are getting massages and going out to dinner for my b-day. Nothing too much b/c we still don't want to leave the little man with our parents yet! Also, I bought my nursing tanks from motherhood and target. I had a hard time with bras b/c I am "blessed" in that dept. I ended up going to a specialty shop about an hour away called the Milky Way. I only had one bra that I wore out of the house but I didn't really nurse while I was out. I would just pump a bottle before we left and I didn't stay gone for more than a few hours at a time. I still live in my tanks at home. They are so convenient when nursing. On the mucous plug. I lost mine the morning I went into labor. I thought that I wouldn't know when I lost it but believe me I knew exactly what it was. It won't be long. Congrats on your Christmas shopping. I haven't even really started.

Candice

CJTTC

About My Family : Candice and Jason have been TTC since March 2007. We have endured multiple failed IUIs and have two children from 2 IVF cycles. We have a daughter waiting for us in heaven and our son, Carson was born 4-7-10! We are so blessed to have this little boy in our lives!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next