TTC a Miracle 2009

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by Brennan&Leosmama on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:06 am

Stacey- sorry about the episode. 5 nights of steriod treatments doesnt sound fun. The party sounds so cute!! I love planning the boys parties!! Good luck with it!!

Tasha- Sounds like Malika is doing great! Good luck with the move.

I had a nice 3 day weekend!! Yesterday was a busy day off though. I had to get to dentist in the am to get a filling replaced. Then we took the boys to chuck e cheese! They had a blast. I was afraid it was gonna be pack b/c everyone was off school and it was raining. It wasnt too bad though. Our washer died on sat. so DH had to get my brothers out of storage. We only have room for a stackable and luckily my brothers was in storage so we bought it off him!
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom on Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:29 am

Denise-I’m doing good and feeling good! Not sure when we’ll start TTC again…I can’t until after I get AF one more time which should be in the next couple of weeks. I’m not sure I’m ready yet cause I was so annoyed by the BS from last time.

Stacey-I’m glad you’re doing better now!! Oh my gosh…When Ben Turned 1 he did the same thing too. I think it had to do with teething…he also did it after his shots for 1 year which I think just messed him up!

Tasha-I’m glad Malika is growing so well and you’re enjoying her so much! They really are a blessing.

DH and I went to NH with Ben this past weekend and it was fun up there. He’s starting to transition to one nap a day and it’s going to be kinda challenging to get him to do it with going to the grandma’s and stuff. Sigh…one of these days I’ll get to stay home!
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:30 pm

Stacey - Hope you are doing okay. MS is a terrible disease. I know someone who got it at a young age and she really struggles with it. Hopefully you can get your symptoms under control soon.

Kate - Glad to hear that you're doing good. It's so hard when you have trouble TTC. You will just have to start again if and when you're ready to. It's important to give yourself some time if you need it.

Becky C. - How is your friend that's considering IVF doing? How was Nick's show?

Denise - How are things with Alexa and Alyssa?

AFM - Just catching up on laundry, etc. while my Babies nap. There's always something to do which makes my days go fast. They always say to sleep when the Babies sleep - YEAH RIGHT! Haha! They have their two month immunizations a week from Monday. It makes me a little nervous to be honest. I just hope that they handle it well and aren't in too much discomfort - during or after. Yikes.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Tasha - I felt the same way with Brody's B-day. He is not overly interested in anything yet since he is still trying to figure things out. So that mean I had to pick the theme and I was so overwhelmed with all the stuff out there. I just took a day and looked at everything I could. I also wanted to make his party easy and I figured music is very easy since you could even put out pots and pans for the other children to play with if you do not have instruments. Actually we are planning to put some pots and pans and tupperware out as well as the instruments because he loves those as much as any instrument we have. LOL At least you have plenty of time to pick out your theme. Hope something jumps out at you, so it is easy. DH and I were just talking about how Brody's smile across the room will make all anger, frustration, worry or sadness disappear, if at least for a moment. I pray now more then ever that everyone who wants to get to experience this feeling for themselves one day.

Becky C. - So bummed about the Pat's loss. That was a horrible game. I was thinking of taking Brody to the Little Gym but I think he may still be a bit to young. I am thinking maybe once he starts walking I might sign him up.

Becky - Nice for being able to buy the washer off of your Brother!! I can not wait for Brody to be walking so we can try Chuck E Cheese.

Kate - I am hoping it is just teething. Brody has never taken two naps a day and I really wish he would. UGH. Hopefully Ben transitions easily.

Clare - Praying those babies handle the immunization well. Brody has never had a problem with htem luckily. He sleeps a lot on the dsay he gets them but that is it. I hope it is the same for for.

AFM: Brody is sick. He started to run a fever yesterday and it is still here today. I am thinking it might be teething but have no way to know for sure. I have tried to call his Dr. office but no answer, I assume it is due to the snow we are getting today. I feel so bad for him, he is miserable! I give him Ibprophin and that does not really do anything. I can get his temp down by using a cold compress on his neck, back and armpits but then the poor thing looks at me and chatters his teeth. He is not really eating anything but he is taking his bottle which is nice. I really wish the Dr.'s office would answer so they can tell me if I am doing everything right or if there is something else I should be doing to help him.

Otherwise, I had my MRI on Sunday. It is getting sent to my Neurologist and I will see her on Thursday to schedule the steroid treatment.
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:41 pm

Just stopping in to let everyone know I finally have internet at my new trailer. I should be able to start checking in more often now. Also, I had my 36 week appointment today. I am measuring 35 cm (same as with Kieya at this point) and am a loose 1 cm dialated (was closed with Kieya) and 25% effaced (didn't tell me with Kieya). I'm hoping that since I'm already dialating I will go a little early. I have been having problems with sciatica, back pain, & pain in my left foot & ankle which the dr is not sure exactly what is causing it & I would just like some relief. Anyways, I gotta go so I can unpack a little more stuff. Will try to check in tomorrow & do some personals.
KieyasMommy

Job : Board Eligible Orthotist/Resident Prosthetist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:35 am

Alicia-yay for having internet!! SOunds like you are getting really close!! YOur LO will be here in no time!!
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:38 am

Wow Alicia ~ I can't believe you're that far along already!

Clare ~ we're doing ok here. Just a bit sleep deprived but it's not as bad as it could be (I probably just jinxed myself!). Good luck with the vaxes. Remember it will hurt you more than them Smile If they take binkies I would definitely make sure you have them on hand. I know with Alexa she'd scream but as soon as I would scoop her up, she'd stop crying.

Becky ~ how are you feeling?

Stacey ~ with Alexa's 1st b-day I just picked the princess theme....all because I found cute princess birthday invites at the dollar store - lol. Good luck with your MRI.

Natasha ~ I love Malika's little face! Her whole face lights up when she smiles. I hope that when you start trying for number 2 it happens fast for you!

Becky C ~ how are you feeling, my dear? I mean about football ;o) LOL. And about the pregnancy...I hope you are feeling fine!!

Hi to EOE. I'm getting ready for my appointment at the chiro today. I have to go and tame Alexa's wild a$$ hair. OMG it was beyond a hot mess this am!!
denise73

Job : SAHM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:03 pm

Clare-Babies are pretty resilient….Ben just gets mad while he’s in the office then calms down by the time we leave so I’m sure they’ll be ok. They’ll probably just need some extra snuggle time that day. How is breast feeding going with the two of them.

Stacey-We had to get into a flow of two naps and he did pretty well till now. We’ll figure it all out! LOL Sorry Brody isn’t feeling so well=( Sorry that the doctors office hasn’t called you back.

Alicia-Hi! Glad to hear things are going well.

Not much happening around here! I think AF is going to be showing soon so that’s good if we decide to start trying. OH Matt had an interview with CVS at their main corporate headquarters doing IT work so everyone keep your fingers crossed for him!
Bensmom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:48 pm

Fingers crossed for you guys Surprised)
denise73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:52 pm

Becky-Glad you guys got a deal on your brothers washer!

Kate-Nick went until about 18 months with the two naps a day and boy do I miss them! Its not too bad now cause usually his nap is 3 hours. Glad you had fun in NH! Fingers crossed for Matts new job and AF coming! I am coming in to see Dr. P on Monday the 31st! I am in pain and I need his help!

Clare-Glad everything is going well! As for my BF she just had her last IUI cycle on Saturday so if this one isn’t successful then they will start IVF.

Stacey-UGH, the Pats are a touchy subject around here, they played like such crap. I hope Brody is feeling better and you are too! I wanted to tell you that Brody is actually our front runner for the new baby’s name! It seems to be the only one we agree on!

Alicia-Glad you are all moved in and already making progress!!!

Denise-Seriously? Did you watch that game? I mean, as far as I am concerned when you have such a great season and you get to the first game of the playoffs is it the best time to totally change your offense? Brady didn’t throw to Branch in the entire first half! Then you waste 7 minutes in the 4th quarter on one drive??? I was yelling at the TV and Nick was copying me, lol. As for this whole pregnancy thing, I am not doing to good…read on, lol.

AFM-Just when I was starting to feel better this pregnancy throws another thing at me. Looks like I have symphysis pubis dysfunction. Basically my groin, hips, and thighs hurt to the point where I can barely walk at times. Just touching my pubic bone causes so much pain! There really isn’t anything they can do, I am going to see a physiotherapist who I saw when I was pg with Nick for my back so I am hoping he can help! Resting is all that helps it so I told DH I am going to have to be able to take it easy when I come home from work.

Other than that I told Stacey I think we have decided on a name for the new one. Not to copy her or anything, lol, but DH and I agreed on Brody James. There are a couple I still like but this seems to be the only one we can agree on!

Off to watch Idol, not sure about the new judges though!

Becky C.
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Becky-He'll be able to help! He'll take the muscles and hopeully release them enough for you to get some relief! My cousin's son was born in November and they named him Brody too!

I'm off to shovel snow when Ben goes down this afternoon...probably about 6 more inches. Yay...NOT
Bensmom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama on Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:53 am

HI everyone! How was your weekend? I know several of you were very happy with the football games!!! Sat. night I rented Despicable Me. We all put on our PJ's had milkshakes and watched it! Fun family night and the movie was cute! Yesterday I went to lunch with my girlfriends!! We went to Olive Garden and it was yummy!!
Brennan&Leosmama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:02 am

Becky-I just looked at your etsy shop! So cute! What kind of fabric do you use for your napkins? Do you just take them and hem up the edges and have one side the back side of the fabric or do you fold them so they're both "nice" sides? I need a freaking project and this would be great for me for Christmas gifts and stuff! I just need to get my sewing machine out...and get some motivation=)
Bensmom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama on Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:06 am

Thanks Kate! The napkins are just hemmed so only 1 nice side. Most of the runners are both sides. I have more runners and placemats to add to my store. I will be making napkin rings too. My mom is going to start doing aprons as well. She is the one who sews! She really enjoys sewing so she is adding more projects!
Brennan&Leosmama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:41 pm

Kate - I exclusively pump now. Tandem feeding at the breast with no help was hard for me. I'm glad that they're at least getting my milk. I want to give them breastmilk for at least six months - maybe longer. Good luck with your decision on whether or not to TTC again. It must be hard on you and your DH.

Denise - I'm getting more used to the sleep deprivation, I think. I tell people that my old tired is my new awake. Smile It's all very rewarding and totally worth it! I'm just trying to savor every moment as much as I can. Smile

Becky C. - I've heard of that issue with pregnancy and it doesn't sound fun at all. Are you taking anything for the pain? Tylenol might be the only thing, I guess, but thought I would ask anyway. Good luck to your friend. Hopefully the next IUI works for her.

AFM - Not much is new. We're doing good. I went snowshoeing on Saturday morning and it felt SO good to get some fresh air and exercise a little. Refreshing! I think that doing things like that makes me a better Mom, to be honest. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:28 pm

Clare-
WTG on pumping for the twins! It's not easy work-- up are doing great Smile

Denise-
Hoping you are getting some more sleep these days.

Becky S- Sounds like a fun family night!

Becky C- How are you feeling these days?

Kate- You'll know when the time is right to start TTC again. Smile

I'm missing tons of persies-- sorry ladies.

Things here are okay. Jillian is 7.5 months tomorrow and a rolling machine. She's everywhere. Not really trying to crawl much yet and no teeth. She just weaned from bf'ing this week and all of the sudden I'm bummed out about it Sad She self-weaned and hasn't even attempted to nurse from me. My milk supply was already going down so I think she was getting aggravated. She was nursing like 5 minutes every hour at times and never satisfied. She was also having green poops off and on which is a milk imbalance. I think it's b/c she's my last baby that it's harder. She also doesn't really like my frozen milk so that's all going to waste Sad She's on formula now and gaining weight, nice wet diapers, etc. She also isn't a fan of babyfood so we are still working on that daily.
Mr. Colin is turning the corner with his behavior. I don't think I posted here but we've been having a very hard time with him. He was extremely aggressive, acting out, fighting us over everything. He's not doing to preschool anymore due to all of this. Over the past week though he's really been coming around! We've been working really hard and it seems to be working.
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Job : RN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:44 am

Jeannette- I cant believe she is 7.5 months already!!! Sorry about the self weaning. Sounds like she is doing great. SOrry about the issue with Colin. I am glad he is coming around! I hope he continues to get better!!

nothing new with me
Brennan&Leosmama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:33 pm

I just had a quick question. When did you all get your first pp AF? Was it heavier or more crampy than before you were pregnant?

Just curious. I forgot to ask my doctor this question when I was at the doctor for my 6 week pp appt.Hope everyone is doing well!

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:33 am

With Brennan I got AF 3 months after. I stopped BF about same time. It was and still is heavier after having Leo.
Brennan&Leosmama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:44 pm

Alicia - Glad you have internet now! You are so close now. YEAH!!

Kate - KFC for Matt!!

Beck C. - Obviously I am partial to the name Brody. :} I can tell you that we get so many comments on thast name. It is funny with the older people though, they have never heard of such a name so they give you really wierd looks when you tell them.

Clare - WOW you go girl, BF twins!!! I got AF while I was BF, not sure why. However mine was heavier and more crampy and like Becky it has been ever since.

Jeannette - So glad to hear Colin is doing better. Sorry you are bummed about Jillian self weaning, I can imagine that would be hard.

AFM: Brody is doing much better. His temp spiked to 104.3 and the Dr had me bring him in becasue she said a temp should start high and go down but his started low 101.5 and crawled up over a few days. They sent him in for a chest x-ray. That was horrible. They put him in that crazy contraption and he screamed like crazy looking at me with those "Why Mommy" eyes. I hope I never have to do that again. They said he just had some virus and don't you nknow the next day his temp broke. HE is feeling much better now.

SO I am getting ready for his first Birthday Party. I am so excited. He is now pulling himself up on everything so we bought him one of those toys that he can walk behind. He loves it!! He gets behind it and runs across the room, then he wants you to turn it around so he can run across again. It is so cute. I think he is so close to starting to walk.

I am doing much better. THe MRI showed a new spot on my brain and I guess it lite up when they gave me the contrast dye which means it is active. At least that is what I was told. My Neuoroligst said that the new spot is in the location of the brain which controls the right side of each eye which explains everything. They have me scheduled to go in for steroid infusion for 5 days beginning on Feb 7th. Getting scheduled in those places is crazy. We are very hopeful the high doese of steroids will make that spot inactive so my symptoms will go away.KFC it works and I do not have any crazy side effects
sstjohn77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:40 pm

Kate - Hope your DH gets the job.

Becky C. - Nick takes 3 hr naps! Man are you lucky. Kieya only takes one 1 1/2 -2 hour nap a day every since she was a little over a year old. Sorry to hear your in so much pain. Hope it eases up for you.

Clare - Glad the twins are doing good & yay for being able to give them Mommy milk! As for my 1st pp AF, it wasn't until around 5 months (stopped bfing at about 4 months). It was a little heavier for the 1st few cycles but then went back to about the same as before having Kieya.

Jeannette - Glad to hear Jillian is doing good & Colin's behavior is improving.

Stacey - Glad Brody's feeling better. I had to do a chest x-ray with Kieya in that contraption also. Not fun at all! Everyone was shocked though when I actually calmed her down enough that she stopped crying by just singing to her. Hope everything goes well with your treatment. You will be in my prayers.

AFM - I took Kieya to see an orthopedist on Friday. Her femur is twisted in and her tibia/fibula are twisted out. He says that because her body is compensating for the femur being twisted we don't need to do anything for that but he was concerned about her complaining of her feet hurting. After x-rays he confirmed that her feet are fine but her arches just are not developed yet so we are doing inserts to help support her arches & hold her feet in a better alignment. She absolutely loves the inserts & has not complained about her feet since getting them.

As for the pregnancy, I went to the dr on Tuesday at 37 weeks 2 days. I have progressed to 2-3 cm and 50% effaced. Dr told me to take it easy this week to make sure I make it past the weekend so he will be there for the delivery since he is not on call this weekend. He said if I make it to my next appointment he may send me over to the hospital to be induced. I think I will most likely tell him I would prefer for him to just strip membranes & let my body do what it wants. I really don't want to be induced. If he strips membranes I will just stay with my MIL for the night just incase I wake up with contractions like I did with Kieya the morning after. I can't believe my little girl could be here next week if not before.

Well, I gotta go so I can clean the house a little before I go to bed. TTYAL.
KieyasMommy

Job : Board Eligible Orthotist/Resident Prosthetist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Alicia - Wow, you could calm her down in that thing. Props to you!!! YEAH for Kieya's new arch support. That must feel so much better. I can not believ that you are that close to delivery either. I can not wait to see pics of your new little bean.
sstjohn77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Alicia ~ yay for another baby on the board. I was "stretched" out the day before Alyssa was born. Not exactly stripped but he moved my cervix all around. Hurt like a mother, too. But I went into labor 12 hours later for I guess it worked!

Stacey ~ aww, poor Brody. I'm sure he was over it rather quickly, though. Sorry about the new spot on the brain but I'm glad you're getting in for your treatment. Have you sold your old house?

Clare ~ you're my hero. I didn't even try to attempt to BF one baby - lol. Alexa and Alyssa are doing well. Alexa is pushing her 2 year old boundries but other than that, she's doing pretty well. Alyssa is an easy baby so no complaints here....other than she shot poo at me last night. Gross. As for the AF, I got mine at 6 weeks PP with Alexa b/c I was on bcp. I'm still waiting for this one although I'm pretty sure I had O pains a few weeks ago so if she's coming, it'll be soon.

Jeannette ~ sorry about the self weaning with Jillian and about Colin. Hopefully it's just a stage for him and he'll outgrow it.

Hi to EOE. I know I'm missing a bunch of you. And I have no real reason for not posting....just lazy. I usually get on here to type up something then someone wants or needs something. Kids are cutting into my time!
denise73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:06 am

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! It was pretty relaxed for us which is nice. Brennan starts Tball practice tomorrow night. That means my life is gonna be a lot busier!! Probably 2-3 nights a week and sat. mornings.
Brennan&Leosmama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:33 am

I haven't forgotten you!! My space bar is missing so typing is difficult as soon as i get my new computer i will post again!
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next