Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC a Miracle 2009

+21
SCJC+J
JustAMom
mommaking0105
shannon luddy
Bensmom
KieyasMommy
mfowler08
sstjohn77
skylasmom
ajvinsh
momtoogsncjs
BeckyC1210
waiting4baby
CJ71903
Tommygirl2002
denise73
raevynnlea
Adrienne1010
Motherof2boys
Brennan&Leosmama
Admin
25 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 6 Empty Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:50 am

Stacey- I had that happen to me once with Brennan and I ended up passing out. Take care of yourself.

Ok I have narrowed it down to 2 pics. I will also show the pics of boys that will also be on card. I like the grass one the best but wasnt sure b/c Leo isnt looking. The one of him alone is a good one though.
TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 6 4-10
TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 6 2-17
TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 6 232323232fp73274_nu324__2_7_244_WSN
TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 6 232323232fp73279_nu324__2_7_244_WSN
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:54 am

Ok, So I am playing with the Friends or Foes option on this web site. I tried to add all of you as friends but I am not exactly sure if it lets you know there is a friend pending or not. You have to accept me as a friend and it appears to do so you just go to your profile and then the Friends or Foes tab then scroll about half way down and following the instructions to accept my request.

I like this site. Thanks Heather!! It is fun playing with all the different stuff.
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Motherof2boys Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:59 am

WELCOME!

Also, new advatar picture width is 180x180 so you can enlarge you pictures if you want.

lol...i think that is all the changes for today...got to get back to my brides.
Motherof2boys
Motherof2boys

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. Hopefully TTC in Summer of 2010 for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 3.5 yrs. and Omri 1yr. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Job : Graphic Designer/Business Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi everyone. I finally found you. Thanks Denise for directing me here. Just a quick post before my 1st patient comes in for the day.

Heather - Thanks for getting this site up and running. It looks great!

Maureen - I love the pic. It's nice to finally put a face with the name.

Gigi - I love the pics of Olivia. She is so beautiful.

Becky - I like the 1st family photo best. Love the individual pics of the boys.

Stacey - Sounds kinda like what happened to me a few times. Once I found out I was anemic and started taking iron supplement it stopped though. Not sure if that was what was causing it or not but one of the girls I work with said she had the same thing happen to her and she was also anemic and didn't have any problems after taking the iron supplement.

Sorry I don't remember who had the sick kids but I hope that they are feeling better.

Sorry if I forgot anyone. I didn't take any notes when I was reading. I know, bad me. I'll try to do better next time.

Well, since I've been gone for a while, I'll do a quick update. Kieya was sick again last week. We spent part of Thanksgiving day at an after hours clinic because Kieyas was running a fever of 103 and it was not going down with Motrin or Tylenol. Well, they discharged her with a diagnosis of acute bronchitis and gave us a prescription. She's been taking that and is doing much better now.

I'm very upset with the daycare right now. I picked Kieya up yesterday and went to check her diaper when we got home. Well, the diaper was completely dry however her bottom was raw. They had let her sit in a dirty diaper WAY to long. She was in so much pain because of it she was in tears when I was putting ointment on it. Also, she had had a BM at daycare & they did not clean her very well. She was still very dirty up front in her girly area and she also has a little dimple at the top of her crack that was not wiped well. Talked to her morning teacher this morning when I dropped her off and she said that she will discuss it with the owner and they will find out who was responsible for her when her diaper was changed the last time. I am furious to say the least. I'm actually going to leave work later between patients and drive over there to have a talk with the owner myself.

Well, I better go because my patient should be walking in the door any minute now.

Alicia
KieyasMommy
KieyasMommy

Job : Board Eligible Orthotist/Resident Prosthetist

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:27 pm

Stacey - Yikes! That sounds awful - hope it doesn't happen again. It would freak me out too. I'm feeling fine - just very ready to start this next cycle. It's going to be around two weeks before AF comes though - not too long in the big picture of things, I guess. Hopefully it goes fas. I just hope that that cyst is gone so that I can move ahead with my next cycle. I'm glad that the doctor has been so proactive with putting me on BCPs to get rid of it even though it was small. Some doctors won't do anything to help it along. I had been feeling nauseas from the BCPs (he put me on Yaz), but I switched to taking them at night and with food and that seems to help. It's amazing how your perspective changes about IUI when you're faced with possibly having to do IVF - makes it not seem so bad (even though IVF certainly isn't the end of the world - just more expensive and physically taxing). I kind of had a bad attitude about the symptoms that I had when I was taking meds for the IUI last time, but now I'm just so excited to be able to try again and that our doctor is still so confident that it will work. Sorry for the book! Smile

Alicia - Oh my goodness - poor Kieya! I would be livid at that daycare. I hope that that never happens again. I also hope that those antibiotics do the trick and she can feel better for good.

Becky - Those pics are very cute! They turned out quite nicely.

AFM - We're going to a hockey game tonight! Woo hoo! I'm excited - I love professional hockey. We're going to have great seats too - my husband got them from someone at work who has season tickets and wasn't using the other two tickets that he has. So, my husband will be home from work early to pick me up and we're off to the game!
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:07 pm

Stacey-
The additional blood volume of pregnancy can make you feel weird at times. I would definitely suggest getting your blood pressure checked though. You need to make sure it's not too high/too low. Do you have an occupational health nurse on site? They can do it for you. Oh, and the iron issue-- ask your dr. for a script for Repliva. It's an iron supplement that doesn't cause as much constipation. I needed that last time around.
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Job : RN

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:06 pm

Just testing my siggy
KieyasMommy
KieyasMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:19 pm

Becky - I like the pics you choose!

Alicia - The last time I had my blood checked they did say I was a little anemic. I wonder if that could be it. I have yet to buy the iron supplements because I was afraid of them making my digestion slow down even more but maybe I will go out and get the supplements tonight. I am so sorry to hear about Kieya, glad she is feeling better. OMG I would be so angry at the daycare. That is unacceptable. I hope they have some answers for you. Love the siggy!

Clare - I agree about your perspective regarding the various treatment options. I am very hopeful that IUI will work out for you. It sounds like your Dr. is excited to, which is great news. Hopefully the cyst will be gone and you will get to start a new cycle ASAP. Have fun at the game.

Jeannette - I will ask about Repliva, that is good to know. I think I may go to Wal-Mart after work and check my blood pressure since I need a few things anyway. :}
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by raevynnlea Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Becky- I like the ocean picture...

Heather C- for some reason- your picture coveres the first few words of your posts on the left side..

Is there a way we can choose a color for our text and have it as a default?
raevynnlea
raevynnlea

About My Family : Im a WAHM.... Im so blessed to be with my Boo every day!!

Job : WAHM

http://thealdamafamily.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:03 pm

I'm here I'm here! I just have to play around and figure stuff out! Thanks Heather C!
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:05 pm

Kate- I am glad you made it over!!! How are things going?
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Back to top Go down

Post by Motherof2boys Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:10 pm

Heather A. ~my picture should be fixed. Each post person is different so you have to select the color you want. I can change the color for our default white but not custom for every person.

Kate~ Welcome i see you got my FB message Smile

Also, I would like to see more ppl belong to the forum so if you can suggest to others that would be great and each thread is private Smile
Motherof2boys
Motherof2boys

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. Hopefully TTC in Summer of 2010 for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 3.5 yrs. and Omri 1yr. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:19 pm

Things are going....the poor guy has reflux so he likes to sleep either in his swing or his car seat right now. He's on zantac but DH just called the ped (I have seriously called SO much...I am totally that mom) to see if they'll switch him or up it.

He's on neutramagin (Becky C-where did you find the best price for it around here??) but still has the WORST time pooping and farting. He gets so red in the face and tends to yell out.

I'm doing ok now mentally much better than I was. I had a really hard time with anxiety (not sure if I mentioned this before) but my midwife put me on some medications.

I joined a new mom's group and I really like going but it's hard to see the other babies being so happy and content and my guy just eating and then being so uncomfortable. Oh well! It's nice that they understand though! Hummm what else what else...... I can't wait to go shopping in January for new clothes! I am waiting till I absolutely have to go back to work so I don't have to get stuff I can't wear again. I'm going back as only the assistant manager so I need nice clothes to wear rather than my scrubs. I am SO sick of wearing all the stuff I wore through pregnancy and can't WAIT to have more than like 6 shirts to wear=)

I missed you guys...I figured it was just me but I tried every day to log on!
Bensmom
Bensmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:20 pm

Oh! Where do you guys get those fancy siggies?
Bensmom
Bensmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:24 pm

Here are 2 sites to get siggys. The first one is normally a shorter wait
http://www.sigvillage.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=register2

http://vipsignatures.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=siggies&thread=23791

Sorry your little guy is still having a hard time. Yay for the moms group!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:03 pm

Kate - Glad you were able to find us. I just found my way over here today also. I hope that Ben's doctor does something soon that helps with his reflux.

Becky - Thanks for the websites

Just talked to the owner of the daycare. She is very upset about what happened with Kieya yesterday. The afternoon teachers are not there yet but when the 2 that it could possibly be get there she said that they are going to sit down and have a meeting about it and find out why she was left in the diaper so long and why she was not cleaned properly. She said that everyone up there (not just the 2 in ?) is going to get a course on how to properly change a diaper especially a little girl's diaper. I also spoke with Kieya's teacher and she stated that Kieya has been fussy when she changes her because of the diaper rash but with each diaper change it does seem to be getting better and Kieya is not fussing as much. I've got them using cloth training pants instead of the disposible because of the rash right now. I'm hoping to completely switch her over to them because it will save us a lot of money because we wont have to buy diapers. The only problem is I can't use the cloth training pants when she is sick because she almost always gets diarrhea and that is terrible to clean up afterwards.

Well, just got a call from my boss and I have to go to our other office so I'll check back in later.
KieyasMommy
KieyasMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:14 pm

Kate ~ glad that you are feeling better. As for poor Ben, it could work itself out. Or it could take awhile. Some babies have way more sensitive systems than others. I hope he gets to feeling better soon. And I feel ya about the clothes. I STILL hate shopping and it's been almost a year.

Stacey ~ what you described was EXACTLY what happened to my SIL and the problem was her iron. I would try, like Jeannette said, to get the one that won't back you up and get on that. You don't need to be getting light-headed and passing out.

Becky ~ I like the one where the boys are looking, too (the ocean one) and their individual ones are adorable!

Jeannette ~how are you feeling. And Professor Fuzzyface - OMG I almost peed when I read that Very Happy

Adrienne ~ are you through letting your power go to your head - lol. I'm going to get suspicious if my posts start disappearing!

Alicia ~ OMG I would have head's rolling. Seriously - why do people do such stupid stuff. I'm glad Keiya is feeling better.

Heather C ~ I will see if the girls from my other board want to come here. Many of them don't want to go to BBC because of the no-siggy thing.

Hi to EOE. I'm brain farting right now. I did get a message back from Candice and she is waiting to get approved to get in over here. Hopefully she'll be here tonight. I was also able to get back to our board on MMT. I hope that Shannon gets my email and finds us, too.

As for yesterday, it was the day where nothing went right. First, I was giving Alexa a bath and doing my hair while she played a bit. She started SCREAMING and I look. She pooped in the tub. First time ever. And it freaked her out. I have to call Chris up from downstairs and he's pissed b/c his workout got interrupted. I told him the tub needed to be cleaned out. He did that and Alexa fought me the rest of her bath. We moved to our second bathroom but I wouldn't let her stand up b/c there was no bath mat. So she screamed. Then she didn't want to get dressed.

We finally get out of the house, we get stuck behind some super slow truck over the mountains and are almost late for our pics. Get there, Alexa doesn't want to smile. They take over 100 pics, I swear she's only smiling in 3 of them. We pick our package, they run out of paper to print the pics. So we leave, go eat, and come back. Pics are all done.

We go to my neighbor's to install her carseat for her son, it took forever. We come home, install Alexa's new seat, it won't tighten in the middle position for some reason, no biggie. I don't particularly care for her to be in the outboard seat but hey, whatever. So Chris is getting frustrated b/c Alexa's crying and we're trying to get this seat in. Well, she pooped again!! I take her up, clean her up, we finish the seat, she plays, and then goes to bed. Oy vey. Seriously, I was so exhausted at the end of the day, I just wanted to go to bed. Go into our bedroom - the *&%$^% sheets were still in the dryer!! I had to make the bed. needless to say, I was very grumpy when I went to bed.

It's totally funny today but yesterday, not so much. We got her pics done at Portrait Innovations. They were ok. I actually prefer Penney's. But, for what they gave in their package, it was better to go there. But their additional sheets were $15 a piece where if I would have gone to Penney's, I could have gotten them for $3.99.

I will try to scan them in and post them - illegally of course - lol.

I'm going to go and straighten up a bit. My friend is coming for dinner and I need to move some toys around!!
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by shannon luddy Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:17 pm

hey girls!
i made it! im sure i will have some questions later, im just glad i made it through. how is everyone!?

shannon
shannon luddy
shannon luddy

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful free spirited man, and we have a doxie pup whom we adore. We are hoping to be blessed with a baby soon.

Job : photographer/server

http://www.shanleephotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:23 pm

Denise - What a day! Hope today goes better for you. I would have been grumpy when I went to bed too. Alexa sounds like a little pistol! It's great! Smile

Kate - Glad you made it over! Sorry to hear that Ben has reflux so bad. Did they say when it might go away? Hopefully soon - poor little guy.

Shannon - Glad you made it over too!
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:26 pm

Clare - how is Yaz working for you? Would you believe I was allergic to it?? Apparently it has a sulfur base in it and I'm allergic to sulfa. And my former OB "forgot". Luckily I only get a rash but still.

Shannon - yay. I was hoping you'd find us!! BTW - your photog website is AWESOME.

Alicia - glad you had a talking to with them.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:51 pm

Denise - That's crazy because I'm allergic to sulfa too, but I haven't gotten a rash from it. It made me nauseas, but I am taking it at bedtime after eating so that seems to help. Otherwise, it's fine, I guess. They know that I'm allergic to sulfa too and still gave it to me - weird. Only about a week left of it (I hope), so that will be good.
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:08 pm

I just thought I'd post an interesting article I came across today! It's about the 10 Truths I Wish I'd Known Sooner:

http://www.realsimple.com/work-life/life-strategies/truths-i-wish-id-known-sooner-00000000025614/index.html

I really like #1, 7, 8 and 9! And if you don't feel like reading the whole thing, here's what #9 says:

9. Ask for help. It’s possible you’ll get turned down. It’s even more likely that you’ll feel vulnerable and exposed. Do it anyway, especially if you are the helpful sort yourself. Those of us who like to offer assistance and hate to take any are depriving other people of the opportunity to be generous and kind; we are also blinding ourselves to the reality of mutual dependence. You wouldn’t wear pink hot pants and pretend they were flattering. Don’t pretend you don’t need help.
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:14 pm

Denise-Jeez sorry you had such a shitty day yesterday! I hope dinner is fun tonight with your friend!

Shannon-Hi! I just got here today too!

Adrienne-I like number 9 too!

So Ben is on Previcid now….well not yet but he’ll get a dose tonight. It was funny (well not really) but my MIL came over to watch Ben while I went to get the samples at the doctors office and fed him and was like ok you’re not supposed to cry you’re supposed to be happy and content! It’s funny because I say the same thing to Matt but he’s like how do you know? And I said cause that’s what most babies do! They have full bellies! I am really hoping this stuff works for him because I want him to be comfortable instead of sad 90% of the time he’s awake!
Bensmom
Bensmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:27 pm

Kate- Jalen didn't have the same problem as Ben, but he was VERY colicky. He'd cry all the time for NO REASON AT ALL! It was so frustrating for the first 4-5 months. He eventually grew out of it, but I know how it feels to have such an unhappy baby. It made me feel like such a crummy mom, even though there was nothing I could do. Hang in there...this will pass. But in the mean time, it seems like you're doing everything you can to make him happy.
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

Back to top Go down

Post by Motherof2boys Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:31 pm

Denise~ I want to go to Portrait Innovations near us but I am debating. My brother is freelance photographer and should be here in a couple of weeks so I might have him come down to do them....humm...
Sorry you had a horrible day. ((HUGS))

Kate~ I am glad you are doing good. Poor Ben. I hope it works out better for you.

For those of you joining please let us know if you need any help or you can go to the tips and tricks area in announcements.
Motherof2boys
Motherof2boys

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next