Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC a Miracle 2009

+21
SCJC+J
JustAMom
mommaking0105
shannon luddy
Bensmom
KieyasMommy
mfowler08
sstjohn77
skylasmom
ajvinsh
momtoogsncjs
BeckyC1210
waiting4baby
CJ71903
Tommygirl2002
denise73
raevynnlea
Adrienne1010
Motherof2boys
Brennan&Leosmama
Admin
25 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 40 Empty Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by waiting4baby Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Maureen - Don't you even think about leaving us!
waiting4baby
waiting4baby

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:36 pm

Maureen-
I work Women's Health. This particular pt. had a 12 hour reconstructive surgery-- breast implants, tummy tuck, lipo, you name it. Plenty of opportunities to form lots of little clots and any one of them could have traveled Sad I'd put $$ on a DVT too Sad I mean, I see DVT's and PE's at work but I've been lucky enough not to have one cause a CVA on me yet. I'm hoping I can get an update on her.
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Job : RN

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:05 pm

Candice - You're in the home stretch! Have you heard about pineapple and strawberries helping with implantation? I've heard that some women that do IVF eat these and I figured it can't hurt for me to eat them after an IUI. They're good for me anyway. Thanks for the encouragement, as well!

Maureen - Thank you for the prayers! I don't want you to leave. I enjoy hearing your updates about what's going on in your life. Just because we don't have kids yet, doesn't mean that our lives aren't interesting. Smile What kind of muffins are you making?

Holly - How are you doing lately? Thanks for thinking of me too!
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:29 pm

Maureen ~ if you think about leaving us, we will hunt you down!!!!

Clare ~ I'm so happy this IUI seems so much better for you this time around. I've never heard of eating that for implantation but hey, it can't hurt.

Jeannette ~ wow, that would have been scary. I hated when my patients tanked on me in the medic unit. That sucked.

Holly ~ how are you feeling this weekend? Did you get some rest?

Hi to EOE. I'm just sitting here waiting for some choc. chip cookies to finish cooling. I've been an eating machine today. My AF is coming so I'm sure that is why I'm hungry today! Alexa took forever to go to sleep tonight but hopefully she's down for the night. Chris is next door playing Play Station with the neighbors. Like a kid. I'm getting ready to go to bed. I tried to nap today but Alexa was knocking on the bedroom door and then she'd giggle really loud. She is getting so funny and I am loving this age.

I hope everyone has a good night. TTYL.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by mfowler08 Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:47 am

Damn...I should know better than to try to do my taxes before I go to bed. Now I am pissed. Adrienne...maybe you can help explain something to me. According to the H&R block program I am using, there is a tax credit for purchasing a new vehicle in 2009. Well DH and I did, the first week of January. But the H&R program is saying only vehicles bought after Feb 16th 2009 qualify. WTH is that?!? I wouldn't be pissed if I hadn't seen that they were offering tax credits for vehicles...but now I am b/c we did, but it seems like we bought one a month too early. Evil or Very Mad
Whew...vent over. Now I need to go make me some muffins.
mfowler08
mfowler08

About My Family : Happily married to Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:53 am

Maureen - you can't leave...look at me, we have our three and are done, but everyone here is family and it would not be the same without any of you. I don't do my taxes...DH does, he is the one that understands it more Smile I always went to H & R Block and they did mine...

DH is making pancakes, Alexander seems wired and I am sssooo tired again lately. I took a two hour nap yesterday and was still falling asleep at 9ish last night...

Jeannette - I don't know how you do it...you either Maureen and anyone else in healthcare, thank you. I tried to be a vet assistant once b/c I ove animals I thought it would be a great position for me, but I passed out the first time I saw them stick a tube down a dog throat...after a little while decided I could not do it b/c I was TOO in love with the animals...

Stacey - LOVE the picture!

Clare - glad your IUI went well...I am anxious to hear the results...lots of baby dust!

MMMM...Denise - Not sure if I would wait for them to cool...I love warm cookies, especially chocolate chip Smile
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

About My Family : love

Back to top Go down

Post by CJTTC Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:56 am

Maureen: You better not leave us. I know your life is getting ready to be incredibly busy but it wouldn't be the same without you. Sorry your taxes are pissing you off. I hate tax time. I am one of those that doesn't think that our system is fair. When I wasn't working (in graduate school) DH and I got tons of money back. Now that I work we give the federal govt so much money and never see a dime. Plus depending on your income (you will see when your DH is working again) you don't qualify for normal tax breaks such as writing off student loan interest. Hello I owed lots of money in student loans to get my education and why shouldn't I be allowed to write that off?! Sorry vent over. I know how frustrating tax time can be. Good luck.

Clare: Yes I have heard of eating pineapple for implantation (never strawberries but they can't hurt). I think it is the bromelin (?sp) in the pineapple that can theoretically help. I ate it with both IVF cycles after my retrieval and transfer. Good luck.

Jeannette: That sounds scary. There is no such thing as a benign surgery. Most times things turn out perfectly but when they don't they can be very very bad. Sorry you had such a rough night and I am sorry that you are already swelling. Yuck. I guess this is going to be a difficult pg for you. Just remember one day at a time. Are you going to find out what you are having? I can't remember if you have already told us that or not.

Denise: How cute is Alexa!! I can't believe how big she is already. They grow up so very fast.

AFM: Well I am off today. I did my 24 hour shift yesterday and I have another tomorrow. I think I'll only have 6 left after that before I go to 5 8-hour shifts. I thought I would be dreading working 5 days a week and I am dreading getting up so early every day but I think it will be best for my pg self and this little boy. My DH's grandmother has been in the hospital all week so he came by last night and we went up to see her while I was working (there were no surgeries going at the time). She had a heart cath with stents placed early in the week and her hemoglobin has continued to fall (gradually). They did a CT of her pelvis to be sure she wasn't bleeding from the area with they cathed her and she wasn't. Still confused on where her blood is going. She has already received 3 units of blood. I am hoping they figure it out very soon and get her home. She is ready to be home.

Candice

CJTTC

About My Family : Candice and Jason have been TTC since March 2007. We have endured multiple failed IUIs and have two children from 2 IVF cycles. We have a daughter waiting for us in heaven and our son, Carson was born 4-7-10! We are so blessed to have this little boy in our lives!

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:43 pm

Maureen- It would not be the same if you stopped posting here.

Clare - I have heard about pineapple helping with implantation. In fact the IUI I got pregnant I bought a whole pineapple, I cut it up into pieces and make a fruit smoothy everyday during the TWW. I can not say if that is what caused the BFP but I felt like it helped.

Candice - I hope your grandmother in law gets better very soon and they can figure out where her blood is going so she can go home.

Holly - Thanks for the comment about the pic. I fogured it was time for me to put something up. :}

AFM: DH and I spent the day deep cleaning the house. We figure we want to get the house in a condition where we are not embarrased to have guests that way when I go into labor it one thing we do not have to think about. :}
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi ladies sorry no personals today....I've been going around the house getting stuff to where I want it for goin back to work tomorrow. Everything is all clean and pretty pretty but I have a little boy who won't take a nap! He's in the swing right now and is being quite so I guess that's good. I'll try to keep up this week..wish me luck tomorrow!
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:20 pm

Denise - That's so funny that Alexa was knocking on your door waking you up from you nap! That would be a really fun age! Chocolate chip cookies sound wonderful right now! I made some chocolate chip cookie bars yesterday, but I'm not used to my new oven completely yet and they got a little over-done. Oh well.

Candice - Not too many crazy shifts left for you! Hope your DH's grandma is going to be okay. It's really hard to see grandparents age. Oh, and I had to mention about the pineapple that now I'm hearing that it can cause uterine contractions. Do you think that's true? Now I'm afraid to eat anymore of it.

Stacey - Hope the cleaning process wasn't too bad for you. It's nice to have a clean house. It will be great when you're done - one less thing to worry about before baby arrives. I asked Candice this, but have you heard of pineapple causing uterine contractions? Now I'm afraid to eat anymore of it.
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by mfowler08 Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:13 pm

Wow...what a difference between yesterday and today at work. Yesterday was great. Today was INSANE!!!! Actually, it probably wasn't as bad as it seemed but I have this one RN who is a total drama queen. His patient was as sick as he kept making her out to be...nothing the doctors or I could do would relieve his anxiety. I was so ready to smack him, LOL. At least I have tomorrow off.
But tomorrow will be a busy day...8:30am go see my doc for an overdue physical. I have to fast after midnight for bloodwork, yuck! 11am meet with trainer. After than I am off to the post office to ship some boxes to the inlaws. Then to the bank to get my WV RN license application signed by a notary. Then to the grocery store, and back home to clean and cook dinner. Whew...I'm tired already!
mfowler08
mfowler08

About My Family : Happily married to Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting4baby Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:05 am

Hi girls. Some of you asked, and that was sweet... But I'm doing fine. I am still super stressed out, but I got to spend a lot of time with my baby girl today which was awesome. Thanks for all of your kind words.

I think of you all, even when I don't post. My surgery is on Friday. I'm getting nervous because I've never been under anesthesia. I know it will be fine, but my body likes to do crazy things and I'm worried I will have a terrible reaction to it. Oh well. As long as I come out alive, all will be great.
waiting4baby
waiting4baby

Back to top Go down

Post by NicksMom1210 Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:45 am

Holly-Good luck with your surgery, I am sure you will do great! Just wanted to let you know, and I know most others have, I can never seem to manage everything there is to do around the house, work, and Nick. I have just decided that he comes first! I get frustrated pretty much daily, feeling like I can't keep up with everything. It has become easier now because Nick is running around himself so if I have to clean a room I just put him in there with me. It does get easier, but some stuff is always going to get left behind, I just make sure its never him! If other stuff needs to wait, it waits!

Clare-Sending sticky baby dust your way! I hope you having a less stressful experience this time means great things!

Kate-I hope you have a great day back at work today!

Maureen-Don't you ever think about leaving us! You are part of our family Smile

AFM-Sorry about my lack of persies, I hope everyone is doing well and had a great weekend!

Went out with the girls Saturday night and had a great time. We went out for sushi and then to a bar to see a band play. We danced and had a great time! I didn't drink much, but since I rarely drink boy did I have a headache the next day! DH was great and let me sleep until 10:30am on sunday, which I haven't done in forever!

Went to MILs for dinner last night and she had pulled out DH's baby book. I had asked her about DH's weight when he was a kid, wanted to see if he was small like Nick. She has always said she never remembered him being small or anything. So when I looked in his baby book he was 18lbs 9oz at his 1 year visit....same as Nick! It makes me feel much better to know that he just takes after his dad and it isn't because there is anything wrong with him. I wish she pulled it out sooner!

Taking Nick to his first class at the Little Gym today! Hope he likes it!

Have a great day everyone!

Becky C.
NicksMom1210
NicksMom1210

About My Family : DH is Chris-30, DS is Nick 12mos, We have three dogs-Jayda (a boxer), Abbie (a chihuahua), and Brady (a dacshund)

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:03 am

Clare- I am glad it went well and wasnt painful! KFC!!!

Candice- yay 29 wks!

Stacey- cute picture!

Maureen- you have to stay!

Kate- good luck today!

Holly- love your pic!! Good Luck with the surgery.

Becky- yay girls night!!

Hi everyone!! Hope you all hada nice weekend! Mine was pretty easy. Yesterday we had a baptism and the went to my parents for football and dinner. Other than that just hung out.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:49 am

Maureen- You're not allowed to leave us. I'm serious. We'll hunt you down!

As for your new car credit question (and I totally had to look this up) there were credits for Alternative Motor Vehicle Tax Credit (which basically refers to certain hybrid vehicles). There's a list of cars that qualify. As for the Feb. 17thd thing...it's for the conversion of any motor vehicle into a qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle. So...depending on your car, if it's a hybrid, it *may* qualify, but there's a limit on the number of cars per brand. If you let me know what kind of hybrid, I could look into it some more for you. But, I'm assuming the dealer would have let you know when you bought the car if it qualified.
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:53 am

Holly-
What type of surgery are you having done? I missed that somehow. Good luck! We will all be thinking of you!

-------

https://ttcamiracle.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=8
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40