Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!!

+8
kariweber
KoopMomma
mommy2monkeys
newlywed514
southernbelle
shell516
Mattiegrl
denise73
12 posters

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Go down

BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!! - Page 22 Empty Re: BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!!

Post by denise73 Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:13 pm

Ok - I went back and read.

Mattie ~ umm, your SIL is being a little thick headed. I got it in the first two messages that you need time and space and to please give it. She did keep making it about her. I'm sorry you are dealing with it and hope that you get what you need.

Kari ~ I hope you have a great Turkey Day, too!! I should be able to get on now that I can see without my eye-stabbing pain.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!! - Page 22 Empty Re: BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!!

Post by shell516 Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:49 pm

Hola chickas! It's meeeeeeeee!

Misty - Hope the big move went well! I'm excited for you and the family - a fresh start is a great thing. Plus, you're going back to school which I know is something you really wanted to do. Good things. Keep us posted!

Kari - Hiya! I have a teacher question for you. Dylan is in the 1st grade and we had our parent / teacher conference yesterday for the 1st quarter. One thing he has struggled with since day one is self confidence. Almost 90% of the time, he KNOWS what he's doing, yet he won't volunteer to answer questions and is nervous about his classwork. The teacher and I are at a loss. Do you know how I can boost his self esteem without making him big headed? LOL Or is it a maturity thing? He's the youngest in his class FYI. How are those boys of yours?

Mattie - Sorry about the issues with your SIL. I know I probably told you this before but I have a cousin JUST like that. It's all about her. Whoa is me. I've been dealing with her practically my whole life and all I can tell you is this - stand your ground. Don't back down and sacrifice what is important to you in order to satisfy her. Bottom line. How are things going as a SAHM? I know for a little while there you were bummed about being alone so much. Hope you and the family are doing great!

DENISE - Ahhhh! I miss you! Can Alyssa please come out so we can schedule our lunch date that is now a year overdue?!? LOL Seriously, we suck. Freaking ONE hour away. I'm so sorry you've been so sick. I cannot imagine that. I hate being sick normally, let alone being overly preggo! Speaking of preggo, I saw some really cute pics of Chris and Alexa painting Alyssa's room. How adorable! She is getting so big. Does she understand that the baby is coming?

AFM, Delaney is potty trained (with the exception of naps and night time)! I'm excited and sad about that one. She's my BABY and she's growing up too quick. Boo. I will tell you all this much, skipping the whole Pull Up thing this time around made life much easier. We went straight from diapers to panties and it went very well. She even poops on the potty! WHEW! Sorry that I've been MIA but I'm going to do my best to get on more often. I miss you all very much!

In case I don't get back on before Thursday, HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF MY LOVES AND THEIR FAMILIES!
shell516
shell516

About My Family : My name is Shelley (29), my DH is Ryan (31) and we have two kiddos, Dylan (6) and Delaney (2)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattiegrl Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:18 am

Denise- Stupid nurse.... I cant stand when people in the medical field are like that! Glad you are starting to do better tho.

Kari- Yay we are getting cold weather now! Its about time.

Shell- Yeah, Im trying to "put my foot down". Im just not used to/ not good at focusing on my needs 24/7. Tell you what, its been really nice not talking to her for awhile. Even Brett is mad at her and doesnt want to be around her. At least I know he has my back 100%. I love him. As for SAH, lets just say I have had a LOT of meltdowns lol. But, its getting better. My mom came in town today (gonna b here until tues) and helped me turn around my living room and dining room, plus we are gonna paint a wall and get organized. I already feel better. I think the biggest thing is that I feel like Im always moving, I just want/need a home.

Wow, Delaney is out of diapers? I am with you about not wanting them to grow up. I love the little smiles, hugs, and kisses.

AFM: Brett and I are looking into buying a house so I can have a home for once in my life. We shall see where it goes...

Mattiegrl
Mattiegrl

About My Family : Just another crazy california family and lovin it!

Back to top Go down

Post by shell516 Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:35 am

Mattie - I'm so glad Brett has your back on the situation. That truly makes all the difference. Yay for your mom coming into town for a few days! I'm sure her help and company will be appreciated and enjoyed. Ooooh, what color are you going to paint the wall?

AFM, gotta go jump in the shower and get ready for work!

I'll be back later!
shell516
shell516

About My Family : My name is Shelley (29), my DH is Ryan (31) and we have two kiddos, Dylan (6) and Delaney (2)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattiegrl Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:13 pm

Shell- Yes, it will be a nice little break from things Smile. As for the paint color we are thinking a merlot (sp?) wine color just as an accent wall, we have high ceilings and everything else is white so I dont think it will look to dark. Fingers crossed lol. So hows the dog?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, eat lots and lots Smile
Mattiegrl
Mattiegrl

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:00 am

Happy Thanksgiving!!
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by kariweber Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:17 pm

Mattie- My friend has a high ceiling and went with a similar color and it looked beautiful! Good Luck!

Denise- Alyssa... ollie ollie oxen free! Come out come out wherever you are!!!

Shell- Yay! Missed hearing from you! As for the confidence issue... I would recommend something like Boy Scouts... (or some similar program in your area, maybe through the YMCA) It is not only a good bonding experience between boys, helps them to build friendships, but it is also very much a confidence building experience. The thing about Boy Scouts is that it focuses on good character traits and being smart and responsible. That is all seen as a good thing, a positive thing. Sometimes with sports and other "boy" activities, being smart isn't really seen as a good thing, you need to be "tough" and "macho", etc. which can make a boy feel like school isn't so important. You may also ask his teacher what kinds of techniques she uses to illicit responses in class. If she is always relying on children putting up there hand when they know the answer, she is probably only hearing from about 1/3 of the class. Ask her if she can try some techniques that would gently encourage Dylan to participate, like: pair-share, pulling sticks with names from a jar, rolling a die, etc. He may just not feel confident because he is never expected to be. Part of building children's confidence is gently pressuring them to do something you know they can be successful in. Then pushing a little more as time goes on. The other side of the coin is... he doesn't WANT to participate. He may not see it as important. He may not be engaged enough with the teacher to want to do this. In that case, the teacher needs to work with you to make Dylan understand that participation isn't always an option, and that it is something good learners do to be better. You may want to start with a challenge like, "I want you to raise your hand to give the answer at least once today..." and then up the ante a little at a time. Enlist his teacher to help keep track of these things with you, and you can even make it a chart or reward system. Hope that helps!

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and to all a good bite!

Kari
kariweber
kariweber

About My Family : DH is Chris (32), Zach (7-2-05), and Jackson (4-21-09), Love all my boys!

Back to top Go down

Post by shell516 Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Mattie - Speaking from the interior design world, accent walls are GREAT. They give you a little burst of color if you aren't willing to make the full commitment of painting the whole room. Plus, it's easier to repaint one wall rather than the whole room. Sounds like it will be beautiful! Happy Painting!

Denise - Miss youuuuu!

Kari - I really missed you ladies as well. Thank you SO much for your input. Coincidentally, we actually signed Dylan up for Boy Scouts (well, Cub Scouts at his age) this year! I LOVE it! I always thought of Scouts as camping and stuff like that. I've been really impressed with their emphasis on being a good citizen and doing the right thing, etc. Thankfully, he seems to be enjoying it very much. I'm so glad my friend (her DH is a den leader) talked me into signing him up. His teacher is really great and I think she's doing a lot on her part to improve the situation. He did tell me yesterday, "Mom, I didn't cover up my paper once today!" He was doing that during classwork because he was unsure of his answers but I think she's challenging him to try and open up. He's a very sensitive little boy and I can tell he has one of my horrible traits of trying to be "perfect." My motto with him is always, "You don't have to be the best, just do YOUR best." I'm trying to go about this the right way because I don't want the adverse situation either. I don't want him to scribble on a sheet of paper and think he's Picasso but I want him to be sure of himself when he actually knows the answers or knows what he's doing. I think I'll try what you said about challenging him to raise his hand to answer or even not cover up his paper. His kindergarten teacher said the same things about him last year so I'm hopeful that this will be the year he comes out of his shell. Again, THANK YOU for your insight. I truly appreciate it! (If you ever have an interior decorating question, I'll give it my best shot!)

Happy, happy Thanksgiving to all of my wonderful girls and their beautiful families! I hope you enjoyed your day as much as we did! Always good to get together with family and eat good food. I'll CBL!
shell516
shell516

Back to top Go down

Post by shell516 Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:30 am

Echo, echo, echo.....

Are you girls REALLY going to make me entertain myself here?

Miss you all! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend!

Hope to catch up with all of you soon!
shell516
shell516

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:07 pm

Okay, so i have been terribly out of the loop. Moving across the country hasn't helped. lol. Anyways. Glad to know i can check out u girls on FB though for quick updates.

Wow, Tara is pg? Congrats.

Just a quick checkin. ((hugs))
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

About My Family : My little boy is 3, daughter will be 1 in March, my husband is over-the-hill, and i am halfway up it.

Job : Nursing Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattiegrl Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:03 pm

Hello everyone! How was your Thanksgivings?
Mine was good and yummy. Love the paint color, our place feels much more like a home.

Misty-where did you move again? Nevermind...just saw that it says "soon to be Ohio" on your location lol. how are you liking it so far?

Denise- Im getting really excited to see that baby!!! I wonder what she'll look like?! Ugh, cant wait!

Just wanted to let you know that Im SOO thankful for all of you! I wish we all lived close to eachother. I just love the fact that we all have different personalities, life styles, and beliefs yet we all support eachother and are pretty good friends (at least I think so lol). I just feel really blessed to have a group of moms that aren't crazy (we'll we are all crazy, but the good kind). So thanks.
Mattiegrl
Mattiegrl

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:34 am

Mattie ~ I was gonna say....we're all crazy - lol. But I feel the same way. I tell you girls stuff I won't tell my family or neighbors. Sometimes you need this!! I'm ready for this baby to come, too. Oy. My pelvis is hurting again. I've definitely figured out it's because of walking and stuff because when I was sick and just laying around doing nothing, it felt fine.

Shell ~ I miss you, too!!! We will definitely do lunch after Alyssa is born. The more the merrier!!

Misty ~ glad you made it up north. Are you getting snow? I'm sure you probably are. We're supposed to maybe get some on Sunday. I'm not sure if I'm ready for it yet!

I had my 37 week appt the other day and my first internal......no change at all. Figures. I just wanted something because I never dilated or effaced with Alexa until I went in for my induction. SO I've started taking evening primrose oil tablets to help ripen the cervix. It doesn't make you go into labor but helps you along. Hopefully that'll kick in!

The Diva is awake so I've got to go get her. TTYL.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:15 pm

Mattie - Ahh, i totally feel the same. We have all known each other for awhile now. And there are some things i don't tell anyone that i tell you guys. Love you all too!

D - Gosh your getting close. Excited? Ready? All of the above? So excited for you. Can't wait to meet Alyssa! Alyssa and Alexa. Love the names. Got a little snow, nothing major. Trey was excited about it though. It was his first time seeing it.

So much to get done, so little time to do it in. Ahh. ttyl
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

About My Family : My little boy is 3, daughter will be 1 in March, my husband is over-the-hill, and i am halfway up it.

Back to top Go down

Post by kariweber Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:54 pm

I try to explain to my husband why this forum is so important to me... he doesn't get it. It is nice to know that you can talk to women who are mostly all at the same stage of life and motherhood as you. You guys get it. I love this forum.

KARI

P.S. Denise- oy. That was the hardest part of both my pregnancies. Hang in there. Try not to think about whether you are dilating or not. You will get to the end of the race regardless. For me, knowing that I WASN'T progressing was FAR worse than just being pregnant for longer. It is so defeating!
kariweber
kariweber

About My Family : DH is Chris (32), Zach (7-2-05), and Jackson (4-21-09), Love all my boys!

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:46 am

Kari - So do 5 year old kids whine and cry alot too? I am soooo tired of Trey's whining. I could puke. Just hoping there is an end in sight. He has trouble transitioning from one activity to the other. i.e - Leaving a playground, changing his diaper, etc... Frustrating.

Hi EOE!!!! Happy Friday.
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

Back to top Go down

Post by kariweber Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:19 pm

Misty- Mine... not so much. But he has his days! Right now, my 19 month old is driving me up the wall! When he is happy he NEVER. STOPS. TALKING. or SINGING, or ... NOISE-ING! I love it, but sometimes you want to be able to have a conversation at a normal decibel range with the person sitting RIGHT NEXT TO YOU! LOL!

AFM: Baked bread today, LOVE that smell! Decorated the house for Christmas, except for the tree. We have to go get one still, and then we will do that part. Oh, and Chris didn't put the lights up because it was really raining hard here today. I would rather he didn't electrocute himself for the holidays!

Kari
kariweber
kariweber

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:41 am

Kari ~ that's why I won't have him check again until 39 or 40 weeks. He doesn't feel cervical checks are necessary but will do it if I want. I'm better off not knowing!! And LOL about Jacks. Alexa does.not.shut.up. Unless she's sleeping. The girl is a serious chatterbox. And a drama queen. Oh, now THAT is lovely!!!!

Misty ~ sorry Trey is being like that. Alexa goes through that. If she doesn't want to do something you better look out. You're either going to get a horrible dirty look, whining, or she throws something. We've been doing time out but like last night, after being told a million times to stop jumping on the couch, she got a swat on the butt. Which led to some drama crying (because her feelings were hurt) which led to her climbing up on my lap and sobbing for 20 minutes. Sigh. LOVE it :/

I hope everyone had a good weekend....except for Shelley ~ I cannot believe the Steelers ended up winning that game - lol. I am meeting my friends for lunch today. Alyssa's room is almost done. I need to post pics. And I took my 38 week belly shot. Huge!!!!
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattiegrl Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:59 pm

ugh! my post is not here....so here is the jist of it all.

Hi
Denise- love the pics! how are you feeling? Where is that baby?
Kari- wish i had a bread maker

I had put way more than that but i dont feel like retyping it all, so thats it for now
Mattiegrl
Mattiegrl

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:21 pm

Kari - Mmmm baked bread. Love it. Do you use a bread maker?

D - Gettin' close!!!!!! Any BH's and all that fun stuff yet?

Mattie - How's life?

AFM: Frank is still searching for a JOB. Wish us luck.
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

Back to top Go down

Post by kariweber Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:15 pm

Misty- Yeah, I have kind of an old Sunbeam one... works well, I have a few recipes that I like.

Kari
kariweber
kariweber

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattiegrl Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:42 pm

Vent:
So I was on Babycenter and saw a post that said "scared", so I read it. It was this person who wanted to abort her baby because she "didnt want to give up her lifestyle"!!!!!! She was in a commited realationship, had the money, was 26yrs old and was even excited about having the baby when she first found out. But she wanted to travel and do other things first!!!! WTF?! I then realized that there is a entire group of " Termination for Non-Medical Reasons". It really made me want to cry. How could anyone do this? She even said she wanted to start ttc in a year or so? I am pro-life, but I do understand why people would get an abortion.... getting pg at 16, having a medical reason, dont have any money, or other reasons. But just because you want to? really? The group leader has had 3 abortions and no kids.... the web site is called BABYcenter, cant they go find somewhere else to go promote this crap? There are so many resources out there for this type of thing...why on this site?

By the way, if any of you have had an abortion I am not trying to put you down, just mad at this stituation
Mattiegrl
Mattiegrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattiegrl Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:44 pm

I hope I didnt offend anyone :/

where is everyone?
Mattiegrl
Mattiegrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22