TTC a Miracle 2009

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Okay, I don't remember who said something about taxes and school tuition but here is some info on 2009 taxes and filing...
http://finance.yahoo.com/taxes/article/108642/tax-breaks-for-almost-everyone?mod=taxes-filing

Swaying Pink for #3! TTC#3 since July 2010

Admin
Admin

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. TTC for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 4 yrs. and Omri 20 mths. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Job : Graphic Designer

View user profile http://ttcamiracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:17 pm

Admin wrote:Okay, I don't remember who said something about taxes and school tuition but here is some info on 2009 taxes and filing...
http://finance.yahoo.com/taxes/article/108642/tax-breaks-for-almost-everyone?mod=taxes-filing

That was Candice. What actually happens (and totally sucks) is that you're allowed to deduct your student loan interest on the first page of your tax return. BUT...once you make over a certain amount, you're not allowed to deduct it anymore (it's called a phase-out deduction). That is the case with many deductions...once you make $xx.xx you can't use that deduction anymore.

ETA: Denise- there's an explanation in that above article about car purchases!

Last edited by Adrienne1010 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:18 pm

okay...so woke up this morning to no power...apparently it had gone off shortly after we went to bed b/c when I went to quickly get milk this morning at 5ish for Lynn it was warm, just a little cold. Now I am worried about some of the foods in the frig...

Now as usual lately I seemed to have acquired a headache, but there is to much to do to just lay down and the lil ones are not napping yet Sad Like Holly I never seem to get anything done even though I do a lot...

I will do persies later, I really cannot focus at the moment to even try and think...
ajvinsh

About My Family : love

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:57 pm

Holly - Good luck with your surgery! I imagine that you would be nervous, but everything is going to be okay. I'm glad that you posted because I've been thinking of you lately and hoping that you're doing well. I know what it's like to be stressed out and it's not fun. I'm sure that Gwen helps you to keep going though - kids do that. Sending you lots of hugs!

Maureen - I hate it when people are overly dramatic! That nurse of yours sounds like he needs to relax. Good luck with your physical! Hope it's painless and that it goes well!

Becky C. - Glad that you had a nice time with the girls on Saturday night! There's nothing like going out with friends sometimes!

Becky - Sounds like your weekend was a bit like mine - pretty low key. I don't mind it at all though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Hello everyone-

Clare - I am glad everything went as planned this time. It just seems better all around. Good Luck.

I just wanted to pop on and tell you all about my last two day. So yesterday I woke up and had a mild headache. By noon it was pretty bad and my tylenol wasn't touching it. So I was taking tylenol every 4 hours on the dot. LAst night it got so bad I thought I was going to have a stroke. I was scared. I finally called the on call doc at 10:30 to some guidance. FYI he was a dickhead. lol. I told him about the headache and he said "Well Ms Davis Pregnant women do experience headaches". Thanks ass I know that. But this is not the normal headache. I have never had a headache like this and i don't get them often either. He said to take Advil 2 tablets and put Ice on my head and go to sleep. So I took one advil tablet becuase that is all that I had here anyway and 2 tylenol and went to sleep. Woke up at 5am in so much pain that I could feel my head pounding with my heartbeat. I figured I have an appt to day with the OB I would just wait it out. Well the doctor's office cancelled my appt becuase they had no power. I freaked out on the phone and explained what was going on and why i really needed to see the doctor today. So They had me come in right away for a bp check. My levels was elevated for me. My baseline is usually 130/60 mine was 140/85 today. Doesn't seem like much but they felt it warranted bloodwork. I have been having this pain in the upper right side of my chest under my boob for like 2 weeks and have some blurry vision yesterday. I was given some Tylenol with Codeine for the pain and now I am just waiting to see what the results say. The doctor feels it may just be the start of Preeclampsia and I will need to be monitored. Pray for me and the baby that everything will work out.
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:20 pm

Try not to stress Gigi...that will make the BP worse...I had high BP some with Lynn...it just turned out to be stress and they found very quickly to not test my BP until the end of my appts. I am sure all will be fine, put your feet up and take it easy, will be thinking of you Smile

Holly, praying your surgery goes well, you probably do not have anything to worry about but I know how you feel, I panic with the thought of being put under...

Becky & Becky C - glad you both had nice weekends Smile
ajvinsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:45 pm

Gigi - Wow - you've been through a lot lately! I hope your headache gets better - headaches like that can be extremely unnerving. What a douche that doctor was! I can't stand people, much less doctors who are supposed to be caring for you, who act like that. Hopefully you don't have to deal with him ever again. I hope you are able to rest a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:25 pm

Gigi~ I am thinking of you. I had that with my first pregnancy and it was horrible I got it at 35 weeks and was induced at 36 weeks because of it. But Ezra was healthy and everything was fine Smile

Admin
Admin

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. TTC for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 4 yrs. and Omri 20 mths. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:12 pm

Gigi-
I'm thinking of you. It does sound like you *may* be starting with Pre-E. Try not to stress if you can. Did they give you a 24 hour urine to bring home? And did they find protein in your urine at today's visit? Those pieces of info will give you some more info about what's going on. Any time a pg woman has a blinding headache and things appear fuzzy should be seen. I can tell you that with my Olivia I was induced when my bp hit 148/90. I was 40w3d.
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Job : RN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:20 pm

This may be a touch subject for some but here is goes...

I have been thinking alot about how I enjoy being pregnant but only want to have one more of my own. What about becoming a GA Surrogate?? Would any of you ever think of doing this?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NicksMom1210 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:33 pm

Gigi-I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you are feeling better and what a jerk that dr was! I would complain to your regular dr when you see him!

Heather-I give people a lot of credit for being a surrogate. I don't think its something I could do because I would be afraid I would get too emtionally attached carrying that LO around.

AFM-Nick had a GREAT time at the Little Gym today! He was the only boy, and quite the ladies man! We are definitely going back. It was a little pricey, $350 for 20 weeks of classes, but on the way home I was talking to my mom and she wants to pay for it for him so that was a nice surprise!

TTYL!

Becky C.
NicksMom1210

About My Family : DH is Chris-30, DS is Nick 12mos, We have three dogs-Jayda (a boxer), Abbie (a chihuahua), and Brady (a dacshund)

Job : X-Ray Tech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi,

Okay we have been on this site for 2 months now and I would like to get everyones feed back on it, please.

Thanks!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Maureen-I’m tired too just reading what you had to do!

Holly-OMG what a cute pic!

Becky C-10:30!!! So jealous but not so jealous of your headache! Yay for grandma paying for him to go to the little gym!

Becky-I’m glad you had a nice relaxing weekend

Gigi-That is a pretty big difference and the 60 and the 85 is a big jump. Jeez keep us posted I’m going to be worrying about you!

Heather C-I haven’t ever thought about being a surrogate but I really enjoyed pregnancy so I don’t know! As for the site I really like it….it’s user friendly and I like the page. It’s just pretty!

I survived my first day back! LOL I really started missing him a lot after lunch and the drive to my MIL couldn’t go fast enough. I guess he didn’t nap too much (big surprise) but he was good. I really can’t wait for him sleep to consolidate itself. It seems like he’s always sleepy! But then again that could be because he doesn’t take solid naps. Oh well. Matt and I are watching some shows that we need to catch up on so I should do that!
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:20 pm

Heather-
I think I *could* be a surrogate but only for someone really special to me and I couldn't do it for $$. If I had a friend who just couldn't get pg and really needed me, I think I could. I honestly don't think I could do it now though b/c of my own health concerns, but some years ago I think I could have. Again, only for the right person.
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Job : RN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:55 pm

Gigi ~ if you are feeling bad, get your butt to the hospital. We don't need you or baby girl getting sick.

Kate ~ I'm glad your day went pretty well. The first day I had to go back to work, I sobbed when I dropped her off. Then again, it was 4:30 in the am and I felt horrible. Don't worry about his sleeping. He'll work it out.

Maureen ~ holy moly, you were a busy girl today!! I hope you got everything done that you wanted/needed to get done.

Holly ~ good luck with your surgery. You'll do fine. And you'll be feeling better after it's all said and done.

Heather ~ I like the site. I have only had one time where my post got eaten. The only thing that I would change is how dark the background is. When people use darker colors to type, you can't read it. Other than that, it's great. And as for being a surrogate, I don't think I could do it. Other than like Jeannette said - for a close family member. Not even sure I could do it for a friend because I didn't really like being pregnant. I was sick for almost 20 weeks, had kidney stones, swelling, a horrible rash. I love my daughter to death and I plan on having a baby #2 one day but I think I am one of these people who suffers through pregnancy. I know that sounds horrible and every pregnancy is different but that's my take.

Becky C ~ I'm so glad Nick had fun and he seemed to be a little Rico Suave. And how cool your mom is going to pay for it. Bonus, bonus Very Happy

Becky ~ how's things in FL? Do you know it was actually 68 degrees here today?? AND then on Friday....snow. Yuck.

Clare ~ sending sticky baby vibes to you. And yes, my little door knocker. Ugh. Alexa cracks me up sometimes. Other times, she makes me want to sit in a corner and suck my thumb - lol.

Adrienne ~ have you started getting busy yet? I know it's tax season. I don't like tax season b/c we hardly ever get to see you - lol.

Candice ~ I think you'll feel better working every day, believe it or not. I've done 24 hour shifts and they totally stress your body out when you don't get the sleep you need.

Hi to EOE. That is all I can remember right now. I am very sleepy. I actually ran today for my workout. I did 4 miles straight through. That is the longest I've run since before I was pregnant. Now I'm ready to crash - lol. I'm getting ready to read my paper and go to sleep.

Ugh - she is crying. She fell asleep only an hour ago. Grrr. TTYL
denise73

Job : SAHM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:52 pm

Denise~ I understand about the darker background, but for me personally it is harder for me to read on white or plan colors. But maybe in a couple months we will change it up Smile

TTYL!!!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mommaking0105 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:45 am

Hearther C - about surrogate...I think I would do it if I didn't have any problems and it was a smooth 9 months...but the hard thing about that is the fact you have this child in your stomach but it won't come home with you....i have thought about selling my eggs to help someone else get pregnant..that's an idea i whtink I would do.

I'm okay just hanging in there.....i really wish it was sat. already...i want to sleep in and i don't want to worry about this stupid people coming in and out of my classroom on Thursday to tell me that i'm doing something wrong....i just want to be able to teach to my students the way they need to be taugt to....sorry about that lil' rant but now a days it's like everyone that isn't in a classroom but has to come up with what we need to do always say we need to do something that doesn't make sense to do in the first place. i'll explain later. gotta go...powder doughnuts and a sunkist are calling
mommaking0105

About My Family : I'm a teacher, wife, and mother to a wonderful daughter

Job : Teacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CJTTC on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:14 am

Denise: Yeah for 4 miles!!! I have never been able to run 4 miles straight. I hope I like working (or at least not mind too much) the 5 days a week. I know it will be easier on my body. At least it will give me an idea of what it is like just in case I ever decide that this call thing is not working for me.

Clare: I have never heard of pineapple causing contractions. The only thing I can tell you is that most things like that are probably only true if you eat a ton of it. Just add a little into your diet if you want to and try to relax. Don't eat it if it makes you nervous b/c your body doesn't need extra things to worry about right now. When is your beta?

Holly: I love Gwen's pic! She is so adorable. Good luck with your surgery. I hope they are able to do it laparoscopically and that you are back on your feet in no time.

Heather C: Thanks for checking into the student loan interest thing. We used to do our taxes on our own but since I graduated from anesthesia school we decided to see an accountant to be sure that we were taking advantage of everything possible so that we don't end up paying. Oh and I like the new site. It did take me a little while to get started but I find it very easy. I don't really like getting email notices everytime someone posts but that would be my only complaint. Thanks for doing it. I also think that it takes a very special person to be able to be a surrogate (for the right reasons) for someone else. Dealing with infertility and the loss of our daugther has taught me to really appreciate the important things in life. My sister volunteered to carry a baby for me if we ever needed to pursue that route. It is a wonderful and selfless thing to do for someone else. I don't know how hard it would be to give that child up. I guess you have to really know yourself before you can make that decision. I think it is admirable. Good luck is making such big decision.

Adienne: You know exactly what I am talking about. Tax time gets on my nerves for that very reason. I am sure it gets on yours for others. I know you probably have to put in a ton of hours starting very soon. Hope things go smoothly.

Gigi: Any news yet? I am hoping that you are starting to develop preeclampsia. I am glad you are being your own advocate. Sorry the on call doc was so insensitive. What a jerk! Hoping that your tests are negative. Please keep us posted.

AFM: Doing good. I guess I passed my glucose test. The RN said that no news is good news and that I should hear within 2-3 days. That was a week and a half ago. So I am thrilled with that news. My mom and I are going to one of her friend's house today to look at "baby things". She has a boy and a girl and she is ready to get rid of lots of things so I am going to see if there is anything that I am interested in. It is hard b/c I really don't know what I need. LOL! Only 6 more call shifts left and I am thrilled. I got to rest a lot on this past long shift so I can't complain. Hoping that they continue to go smoothly. My friend and I did an u/s the other night at work and this baby is definitely head down. His head is so low!! I guess that is why I feel all of these sudden urges to pee! I think we are going to have another 3D u/s next week. We could get a second one for $50 so why not take advantage of that! We love to see him. Not just to see what he looks like but really to see him moving and alive and well in there. What a wonderful thing!

CJTTC

About My Family : Candice and Jason have been TTC since March 2007. We have endured multiple failed IUIs and have two children from 2 IVF cycles. We have a daughter waiting for us in heaven and our son, Carson was born 4-7-10! We are so blessed to have this little boy in our lives!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:36 am

Heather C - I think being a surrogate is great, though I cannot see myself doing it...I would be afraid of falling in love with the baby after carrying it around inside me for nine months. I love the board, very easy to get around and nicely put together.

Tasha - I actually chuckled when you said about people coming in and out of the classroom telling you that you are not doing it right...I feel that way when I have to go to the school meetings about Nathaniels IEP. Though I must say this last one the other week I did not get that feeling which I was grateful for...

Yay Candice for the good glucose...I agree, why not have another u/s...I loved having the extras with Lynn. I remember I had gone in and asked my midwife to find something that would justify another u/s and that is when lynn was measuring on the big side so she didn't have to fabricate anything anyway...lol

Lynn did not sleep well last night, she would not stay asleep for more than 20 minutes at a time, if that. at 130am I just brought her out to the living room and put her in her pac n play with noggin on so that Rob could sleep and I dozed off on the couch when she let me...not sure if it was teeth or gas or what but I am feeling tired right now...

I got chapter four done on my new book, onto chapter five...I should be hearing something soon about when the release for my second is...
ajvinsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:58 am

I posted earlier and it isnt here...

Gigi- I am thinking of you and hope you are better soon. Like everyone else said Try not to stress.

Heather- I think being a surrogate is great but I do not think I could do it unless it was for my sister. I think I would get too attached to the baby. I think the site is great!! Thanks again for doing it for us!

Becky- yay!! You are in trouble if he is already a ladies man!!

Kate- I am glad you survived your first day back. My first day back with Brennan was hard. I cried all the way to work. Leo was easier though.

Denise- you were probably as warm as us yesterday!

Tasha- hang in there until the weekend!

Candice- yay for passing!! and for the u/s. Have fun looking at baby stuff.

Aara- sorry you had a bad night.

The past few mornings the boys have gotten up between 4-5. They came in our room and I let them in bed. I have to get up at 5:20 so I do not want to try to get them back in there bed when i have to be up so soon. DH doesnt like them coming in our room and said they need to stay in there bed. If it happens again tomorrow I will let him deal with it!
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:07 am

I just wanted to post about another diaper bag contest! I'm just full of them! Wink This is not a Ju Ju Be, but instead, Fleurville (MS3 Mothership bag to be exact). Go here for details and to enter: http://www.mommy-mentor.com/2010/01/blog-giveaway-win-free-fleurville-ms3.html

Adrienne1010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:42 am

Kate - YAY for surviving your first day back!!!

Clare - I have not heard that about pineapple. I did hear it can ripen a cervix but I asked my Dr. about that she did not seem to agree. She said it was an old wives tale. I used it after my last IUI and I did get a BFP but again who knows if it was from the pineapple or not. :} I would do what feels comfortable to you. I think the most important thing is that you are not stressed out while you body tries to catch that egg.

Maureen- I hope you got everything done that you needed to yesterday. sounds like you were very busy.

Holly - Good Luck with your surgery!! I love the new pic!!!

Becky C. - wow I wish she had pulled that baby book out sooner. That would have taken a lot of stress off of you. How nice that your mom wants to pay for Nick to have those classes.

Aara - Losing power sucks. When we lose it for any extended amount of time I go through the fridge and toss anything that could have gone bad but that is just me. I had a really bad case of food poisoning when I was a Sr. in High school. My Sr. class ordered a foot sub from Subway for a Sr. class party and I guess they made it that morning and left it out until we picked it up at 4pm. Then our party started at 5 and we obviously left it out for people to snack on. Needless to say the whole Sr. class was really sick the next day. After that I do not take any chances. I hope your power is back on now.

Gigi - Umm, what a jerk. Obviously you know pregnant women have headaches and this one must have been bad enough for you to call someone. That is why women do not call their Dr.s with questions all the time and it can end up causing major issues. I am praying everything is ok with you and the baby. I hope they figure it out ASAP and you begin to feel better.

Heather C. - Obviously being a surrogate is not something I can do since I have fertility issues but before I knew I had fertility issues I always thought I would love to do something like that to help out. I personally admire any women who would be willing to give themselves in that kind of manner to change the lives of others. As for the site. I like it. I think it is easy to navigate and I have not had any issues which is nice.

Tasha - I never understood why parents now a days side with the children and not the teachers. I mean when I was in school, if I was not doing so well or my teacher said I had a problem my mother immediately sided with the teacher and came down hard on me to make an improvement. Maybe that is why I graduated a year early with honors. I hope you get some support from the parents so you can give the students what they need to be great additions to society.

Candice - We do our own taxes right now using online software and I have been toying with going to an accountant this year to see if we could be missing out on money we do not know about. Have you found that going to an accountant is worth it? Meaning you tend to take advantage of items you would not have known existed otherwise? YAY for passing your glucose test!!

Becky - I hope those boys are going to let you sleep some time soon.

I am just counting down the days. Is it me or does it feel like time has simply stopped. It is crawling by now. Everything is sore, especially the joints in my fingers. Which is crazy because my fingers have nothing to do with pregnancy, at least I thought. I guess I notice the finger thing a lot because I work researching issues on computers all day long which means a ton of typing. UGHH.. Also, I have a new symptom as of yesterday I swear my morning sickness has come back in full force. Did anyone else have that? The weird thing is that I will feel fine and then all of a sudden without warning I will get sick. When it occurs I do not notice any strong smells, I am not hungry or full. I can not figure out what could be causing it. I had 3 such episodes yesterday and I have no clue what is causing it so I can not avoid anything to stop it. Also, TMI but I literally can not digest anything with even the smallest amount of carbonation any more. I had a small soda the other day and I had the worst gas pains for 4 hours. OMG it hurt so bad. I have started trying old wives tales to encourage labor but nothing is working so far. I have made sure my Dr. approves anything I try because I did not come this far to make a mistake now. :} So far the only thing she has said absolutely not to is Primrose Oil and Castrol oil. She said just because it is natural does not mean it can not cause issues and since they do not know everything it can do, it is safe to stay away from it. I figure no biggie, there is a ton of other stuff I can try. LOL I tried spicy food but I have been eating that the whole pregnancy so that did not help. Last night I had Chinese Food for the MSG but still nothing. I am going out to buy fresh pineapple today. Last time I was at the Dr. she wanted DH and I to DTD. I am trying to talk him into that but he is uncomfortable knowing the baby is there. I know that most of this stuff does not really work but I figured when else can I try it. LOL Anyone else know of any old wives tales that I could try?
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:48 am

Stacey- The only time I had m/s at the end of my pregnancy was when I was in labor and it was time to push. I thought I was going to throw up the whole time. I just kept my eyes close, and focused on the pushing and not puking. I wish I would have felt better to experience everything better...but it just didn't happen that way. Hopefully you LO wants to make an appearance soon! I love your avi, BTW! When I went to the hospital in labor, they didn't really believe me, even though they saw the rhythmic ctx on the monitor. They had me walk around, and that totally worked! My water broke right in front of the nurses station! Very Happy

Adrienne1010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:39 pm

Candice~ I took care of the email notifications.

If anyone else has this problem this is something you can change on your own in your profile Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:41 pm

I'm with Adrienne there Stacey...the only time I was sick at the end of any of my pregnancies was when I was in labor...though mine did not wait until having to push...

DTD could help b/c of something to do with the semen causing contractions...your DH does not have to worry, he cannot hurt the baby, I don't think you can even get that far in to hurt the baby...
ajvinsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next