TTC a Miracle 2009

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by KieyasMommy on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:55 am

Don't have time to read right now & do personals. Just wanted to give everyone a quick update. I took Kieya to the doctor and she has mild viral pneumonia and an ear infection. The doctor said that he did not see the tube in the ear that is infected. She has been really fussy like she is in a lot of pain whenever she wakes up from naps (she sleeps on her left side which is the side that is infected so everything drains there when sleeping) until tylenol kicks in. I don't think the antibotic is working. I'm afraid she will have to have another surgery to have a tube put in that ear again. My dad is in the hospital right now. He has been having chest pain. They don't think that it's a heart attack but they are not sure what's causing it. The cardiologist is suppose to see him today. My cousin who has lupus also has pneumonia right now. So does her son who is about a year old. He's not getting any better and will probably be admitted to the hospital today. Her nephew who is also about one also has pneumonia. My best friend's mom had a heart attack over the weekend and is not doing good. My weekend has been terrible. I've been cramping a lot. AF still has not arrived and no BFP (I tested yesterday morning). Well, I better get back to work. I'll try to check back in later today.
KieyasMommy

Job : Board Eligible Orthotist/Resident Prosthetist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:19 am

O gosh that's terrible! I am sorry you and your family is having such a rough time. Praying for you dear and keep us posted
ajvinsh

About My Family : love

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shannon luddy on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 pm

hey girls!

Stacey- hello! your right, I have been lurking, this has been the busiest month and it seems everytime i sit down to catch up on here, DH says "lets go we are late, or hey I thought we were going to go eat?!" haha. ps. i heard that hair theory is true!

Alicia- wow you have so much going on! I am so sorry to hear how sick everyone is. I hope those meds kick in soon, poor Kieya and her ears. thats so painful. praying all of this clears up soon.

Aara- sorry about the OK house. I hope you find that one that makes you guys jump out of your seats soon Wink ps. this is my first nephew by blood, i have 2 on my DH side (4 and 13 months)

GIgi- praying for you, I hope you get well soon. (((hugs)))

Candace- yay i hope these next 10 wks fly by!!

clare- (((hugs))) as always. anticipating the 5th with you.

Becky- i hope the house situation works out for you soon.

Jeannette- YAY for IKEA. you are a great mommy! try not to feel guilty, you can't help this stage of tiredness etc. it will pass.

maureen- that pizza/movie night sounds awesome. i should do one with my mom. Thats great that shes going to visit. that was funny about the Hawaii thing, most people would jump at the chance! haha my brother is the same way, so i understand.

Becky- wow im sorry about the cousin issues. Strangely enough, i have the SAME issues with my cousin whom I used to be very close to. I know how tough that is to be around them and pretend like everything is ok when it is definatly not. props for being strong!

Holly- rest up! (((hugs))) poor thing.

Im sorry to who i missed, I have been so out of the loop i feel. nothing too new with me, MATTS DEPLOMA ARRIVED IN THE MAIL!! its true afterall Wink He is the first male to graduate in his family for many generations back. and when it arrived, he opened it in the kitchen and his dad was really proud. he actually said to my MIL "hey matts diploma is here!" He never says anything remotely postive to him or to show that hes proud, you could hear it in his voice though and it was nice. The job meeting lunch thing he went to went great. Hes feeling very confident about it and we are pretty much back to wait to see if he gets contacted. meanwhile, things here are stressful living with his parents.

I threw him a graduate party and it was a hit! but I am now exhausted from putting it all together for days and then we had a work meeting the following morning at 8am. then we worked till 3:00am. we are so ready to leave that restuarant. UGH.

I have decided to go back to school now that DH is done. I might want to be a nurse. any pointers you nurses? they have a degree here at the community college that partners with a big hospital here. It's a real nursing degree etc and I already have all but one of the requirements. I really feel like i need to go back and do it, for myself. I never did before bc it got away from me with getting married and then him going back, and i always just thought i wouldnt need to bc i knew i wanted to be a stay at home mom. But now that doesnt seem to be happening for now! so, off i go Wink

wow this is really long! sorry i have been MIA hope everyone has a decent monday.
shannon luddy

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful free spirited man, and we have a doxie pup whom we adore. We are hoping to be blessed with a baby soon.

Job : photographer/server

View user profile http://www.shanleephotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Stacey - Please update us after your appointment today. Better yet, tell us that your in L&D with your baby in your arms!

Gigi - Hope everythings going well & your headache is gone. Please keep us updated.

Holly - Glad your surgery went well. Make sure you get plenty of rest.

Shannon - Yay for DH's diploma arriving in the mail. Good luck with going back to school and accomplishing your goals.

Forgot to update you earlier about my ob/gyn appointment last Thursday. The doctor and nurses are all excited that DH and I are not preventing but not trying. He said that I can deliver there when DH and I do get pregnant again. He is not concerned at all about it because everything went so smoothly with Kieya and I told him that my MIL lives close to the hospital he delivers at so I can always stay with her at the end of the pregnancy if I need to. The only bad thing is that I have an inclusive cyst on the back of my head that I want removed. He said that I will need to have that done either before I get pregnant or after delivery because I will not be able to do it during the pregnancy because of increased risks of complications. AF still hasn't arrived so I'm hoping it will have to be done 9 months from now. If AF does make her appearance I may go ahead & see how much it would cost me to have it removed. I shouldn't have to go into the hospital because it's not too big. Last time the just did it in the office. The told me then that if they didn't get it all it could come back and it did so now I have to do it again. Well, I gotta go eat lunch before my next patient.
KieyasMommy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:30 pm

Maureen - That is awesome that you got some quality time with your mom.

Holly - I would have to say that the old wives tale was true for you. She has a TON of hair. I must also say that is by far my favorite picture. I would love to have it as my wall paper on my computer it is so great!! I get a joy looking at it every time you post.

Jeannette - It sounds like there may be some truth to this little old wives tale. Sorry you are not feeling well. I hope you get a second wind anytime now so you can enjoy the rest of the pregnancy.

Denise - Hmm, ok so it is 2-1 now on this old wives tale thing.

Gigi - Wow, Praying your headache goes away quickly. Glad to hear your blood pressure is down though.

Aara - Ok so you and Denise make it 2-2 about the heartburn thing. I was hoping it was true and I would have a baby with tons of hair but I guess I just have to wait and see. :} Sorry the house did not have you both jumping for joy. Hope you find something soon.

Becky - Ok, so you make it 3-2 back in my favor. I am hoping for a baby with tons of hair. It would make the heartburn seem worth it. LOL How did the baptism go and seeing your cousin?

Candice - I hope you do not go past your due date either. This is killing me. LOL so glad to hear everything else is going so well.

Becky - That would be so cool if your MIL switched houses with you guys!!! I will pray she sticks with it.

Alicia - Praying for Kieya and your dad and the rest of your family!!! Sounds like you have a ton going on. Yeah for the dr. apt going so well. I hope you get a BFP, that would be so great.

Shannon - I hope the heartburn theory is true. I would love to have a baby with tons of hair!! Going back to school to get your degree sounds like an awesome idea, then you always have it to fall back on, even after you become a stay at home mom. I know it is going to happen. :}

I am still here and no baby yet. I have my Dr. apt in one hour. I love my Dr. but she is a stickler for "your body will have the baby when it is ready". I mention that because she does not seem like the type that would assist in helping the body along at all. So I know she would never strip membranes or any of those things some Dr.s do when you are so close and so miserable. So with that in mind I know I am going to get there, she will check me out and I am sure she is going to say well you are still 1 cm and not much going on. Or my worst fear .... It looks like your cervix is closing up again and you are not dilated at all anymore, plus the baby seems to have moved back up inside so he is no longer low. LOL

I am trying to prepare myself for a very non-eventful apt. Although, I wish I could run laps around the parking lot or eat my weight in sugar and have it spike some number on my chart which would have her tell me to go straight to the hospital to be induced today. I know, that is a very selfish thing to say and I should be embracing these last few days/week but I am so miserable now. Just so you all know I did make the above comment, tongue in check and would never do anything to put my health at risk or this baby's. :} I am just in so much pain, all the time and none of it is labor pain, not to mention I want so badly to be holding my baby or at least to know my body is working towards that goal. I just feel like there is no end in sight. I actually had a dream last night that the induction did not work and the Dr. said there is nothing else we can do except wait for the baby to come out on his own. I was a month past due when I woke up!!!!!!

Also, I swear if one more person tells me that I look like I am having an easy time or "Wow, you are so small for being due in two days" I am going to scream. I do not feel like my belly is small. Not to mention that the weight of my belly has gotten to the point where the muscles under my belly feel bruised and hurt all the time. I guess from holding up the weight. It hurts to walk anymore unless I hold my belly up. I took pics this morning before I left for work and one of them is of my bare belly. I am going to post them to my blog later today when I get home form my Dr. Apt. DH and those people who have seen the bare belly say I look big but people who see me in the store or on the street or passing at work say I look small. I wonder if the clothes make me look smaller? Sorry for such a long vent session. I am really excited and probably much happier in person then I come off on my rants. I know I can rant to you ladies and tend to put on a happy face for everyone else.
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:45 pm

Stacey-
I am cracking up b/c most of us have been in your shoes! At my 40 week appt, I was damn near determined to think of a way to get Olivia out. Walking all over, considering what I could eat, hell, I thought maybe I'd just act crazy in the office to get myself admitted!!! LOL. I even begged DH to DTD to help get the baby out. Of course he was all for it but no baby. I'd still be pregnant with Olivia b/c she was one stubborn kid. We know you are kidding too Wink No worries. Anything you've come up with is something pregnant women all come up with! I was eating eggplant and trying to find bumpy roads to drive on.

FWIW- Not that I want my new LO to come this early at all, but I'm already finding myself trying to think of things to make myself go into labor this time around so I can have this baby like 10 days early. And I want to be in labor b/c this will be my last chance to see if it happens. I'm having a c-section anyway though. Update when you can.

AFM: I had a bad night at work Sad One of my elderly patients had a stroke right in front of me. I went to ask her if she wanted meds and she started to climb out of the bed and then fell back on the bed with a very strange expression on her face. She never said a word after that. Called a response team to come evaluate her and the ICU team said stroke. She was apparently quite a hot ticket the night before. I felt so bad. She has a history of strokes though. I felt bad b/c her daughter came up and was like, "but she's looking at you." I had to explain that her eyes were open but she wasn't "looking" at me. I just happened to be standing where she was looking. The CT scan didn't show a bleed yet but the dr's are thinking it will show up within the next 24 hours or so. Complete change in mental status though. Sad
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Job : RN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:46 pm

Stacey - I'm with jeannette there...I know I was trying to think of everything to get mine out...especially Lynn...I was even DTD every night trying to get something moving...i was taking laps around the house (walking) spicy foods were through the whole pregnancy so that wouldn't do it...lol...I was so uncomfy...

sorry about your patient jeannette...i can't imagine doing what you nurses do and have to deal with, I probably would have been freaking out and scream for help...lol

stay away AF...Alicia needs a BFP!!!! I should have been a cheerleader in high school...lol
ajvinsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:59 pm

Stacey - Hope your appointment went well today and he told you to go on over to L&D.

Jeannette - Sounds like you had a rough day at work yesterday. Hope today goes better.

Well, I think I'm out this month. I have been cramping a lot and I just went to the bathroom and saw a little pink on the tp when I wiped. I think the reason I'm a little late starting is because I just came off the patch.

Just talked to my mom. VA is discharging my dad. He is on restricted activity (can't lift more than 5 lbs) until he gets a stress test done. He's hoping to get it before he comes down here to visit us on the 11th because he really wants to be able to pick up Kieya. If not someone else will have to put her in his lap or she will have to climb into his lap. Well, I gotta get back to work.
KieyasMommy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:59 pm

Gigi - Hope everything is going okay for you today. That stinks that you have to be on bedrest. I'm sure they're taking good care of you, but it would still be nerve-racking, I'm sure. Please keep us posted as to how you're doing.

Stacey - I've heard that going into natural labor is better than being induced. It's all heresy though, so who knows if it's true. I'm sure I would be getting antsy too. I don't know if you mentioned it or not, but how are you sleeping? I HATE not being able to sleep!

Holly - How are you doing today?

Denise - How's it goin'?

Candice - Six inches is a fair amount! We are having some snow flurries today, but it's more cold than anything. Although it felt warmer today since it was above zero - you definitely notice the difference! You're from NC? We were just there on our summer vacation last year. We went to Asheville and saw the Biltmore Estate. It was amazing!

AFM - I've had a few AF type cramps the past couple of days. I'm not feeling real depressed about it though. I think the thought that we have a plan is keeping me going. I think I mentioned this, but we decided to do IVF in May, but will give IUI another shot after this cycle. My husband gets his bonus during that time of year which has contributed to making our decision to do IVF then instead of now. And as long as we're waiting, we might as well do one last IUI just to say that we did all we could before doing the most aggressive treatment. We're going on a trip on Sunday for about a week which will hopefully be fun too.

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Jeannette - I am so glad that I am not the only one who has thought of these things. I swear time has literally stopped going forward and it is killing me. Sorry about your night at work. I have so much respect for the type of work you do. I think fixing computers is a breeze compared to what you have to deal with each day.

Aara - Glad to here there are others like me. I have gone "Shopping" every day this week. Not to buy anything per say but just to walk around the store's since it is to cold to walk outside. IT does not appear to be working yet.

Alicia - the apt went well but not going to L&D yet. LOL KFC it will happen soon. So glad to hear they are discharging your dad. Hopefully they can get the stress test done ASAP so he can pik up Kieya.

Clare - My Dr. said that it is better to go into labor naturally then to be induced as well. I guess when you are induced labor can be more painful and take longer. When you go into labor naturally things tend to progress more easily. I am not sleeping well at all anymore. I have to pee every hour or so and that wakes the baby who tends to kick me for like 20 minutes while I fall back asleep. The past couple days I have been so tired I could barley see straight, feel like I am going to fall asleep standing up but then when I lay down I swear I wake right up and can not nap. UGH, the crazy thing is that the Dr. said I should be able to get some sleep during labor. I guess if you take drugs, then you are rather comfortable and can catch a few zzz's. Here's hoping for some good drugs. LOL I hope you have a ton of fun on your trip and that your cramps are just the little bean digging in. When is your beta? Is it this Wednesday? KFC it is positive!!!!

My Dr. apt went pretty well. TMI, so she stuck in her fingers to begin the check up and immediatley said, Wow he is very low. I guess that is a good sign. She said I am 90% effaced and 1-2 cm dialated. My cervix is still behind his head so I do not think she could strip my membranes even if she wanted to but at the end of the check up she was very excited about my progress and said, let's move him around a little. Back in went her fingers and I really have no clue what she did but HOLY CRAP was it uncomfortable. She said that hopefully what she did would help things progress.

After the apt. I decided to get some walking in so I went to Target and picked up a few remianing items from my registry. I got one huge deal that I am so proud of. I am trying to buy up all the things I will need for the first year so I do not have to worry about being able to afford them later. Well I wanted one of those exersaucers. You know the ones they sit in and can bounce, move, jump and play with the toys. I have been looking at them everywhere but they are so expensive so I have been putting it off. I figured I would buy one second hand because a place near me has them for $30.00 second hand. Anyway, while at Target I noticed a few of them with the orange price tag which means they are discounted. While checking them out I realized they are normally $100.00 and were marked down to $49.99, I had my 10% discount coupn with me for any items left on my registry so I grabbbed the box and went over to customer service. Sure enough it let me add it to my registry so I got it for another 10% off the already discounted price. I paid $45.00 for it and it is normally $100.00. TEAH, that really made my day!!! YAY Me! LOL
sstjohn77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:29 pm

Stacey I will say this...induced labor for me anyway did seem to take longer

Nathaniel 4 weeks early - my water broke at 1230am and he was born at 706am without meds - 6.5 hours

Alex two weeks early - around 630pm my contractions were 5 min apart...went to the hospital and he was born at 1154pm - 6 hours (but I was uncomfy and contracting all day)

Lynn - we induced a couple days before her due date b/c with the boys and my mom it was easier to have it planned since she had not come on her own yet (not to mention how uncomfy I was by then too...they gave me the meds at 830am and she was born at 830pm - 12 hours...pain wise...i cannot remember enough to compare...once you hold that baby the pain just seemed to disappear...
ajvinsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:00 pm

Stacey-
I'm glad that your appt. went well. I'm guessing that baby Brody will be here in 5 more days. Just my guess though. I'm thinking 40w3d for you. Probably b/c I went 40w3d with Olivia and she was my first. I was 1.5 cm at my 40 week appt. Keep walking around! I'm KFC for you! I'll be checking in lots to see if he has made his debut!!!
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Stacey - My beta is this Friday. Thanks for the positive vibes!

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:48 pm

Stacey ~ Yay for 90%. That is awesome. I'll bet you go into labor yourself. As for being induced. I'm in the minority again. I had a very good induction experience - 4.5 hours of labor, one hour of pushing, and no meds other than the Cervadil to thin me out. But then again, I was 9 days late so that may have had something to do with it. Glad everything seems like it's progressing.

Clare ~ things are good. We are, apparently, getting two snow storms and I'm not too thrilled with that. I'm ready for spring. Sorry about your cramps but don't count yourself out yet!

Alicia ~ holy moly you've got alot going on. Thoughts to you.

Becky ~ here's hoping MIL wants to switch houses.

Jeannette ~ I saw your FB post about Olivia rocking out to her new music. ow cute! Sorry about your patient. I've had patients stroke out or code in front of me and it totally sucked.

Maureen ~ when is your interview? I'm curious to hear all about it.

Aara ~ sorry the house wasn't great. I hope you find something soon.

Shannon ~ good to see you! I'm glad you posted.

Hi to EOE. I am sitting here listening to Chris watch videos from YouTube on his phone and it's annoying me at how loud it is. I don't know why but seriously dude, turn it down!!

I'm getting ready to watch the news and then probably go to bed. I've been having some tension headaches again - they come in clusters for me - and my neck and upper back hurt. I really need some muscle relaxers but I don't want to go to the doctor to ask for them. I'm always afraid they'll think of me as a drug seeker - lol.

I hope everyone has a good night!
denise73

Job : SAHM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:51 pm

Hello all.

I'll get to my situation in a minute but first I will attempt some personals. lol.

Stacey - I personally can't believe that you still pregnant lol. I know you can't either lol. i think that your doctor probably stripped your membranes or tried to by moving your baby's head. That's what it sounds like to me. I hope it happens soon for you. On the other note great freaking deal on the exersaucer. I do love target though.

Aara - If you don't mind me asking where is the ideal location that you looking to find a home in? I know I am here in York and we have a nice selection down here which is really no further than those other places. Come to my end of town!

Jeanette - that's funny about trying to figure out what to do to go early. I feel the same way. At this point I am so frustrated with the Pre-e that I say take me at 37 weeks and let's call it even ya know. I have had a painful pregnancy this time and I am just ready for the pain one way or another to go away!

I know I am letting alot of people out but I am frieds, shall we go into my drama for a minute.
So this morning they wake me up at 6am for the vitals and NST. It's supposed to be a 30 minute thing ya know well turns out to be a 2.5 hour thing since Lily will not to any acceleration or decels either. So the nurse tells me that it's could be a sign of distress in the baby and she will have to consult with maternal fetal medicine and have a scan. My headache has returned with a vengence and then to top ot off my bp starts to go up again. just when I thought I was finally getting better or feeling better to say the least. I ended up having the scan and she did recieve a 8 oout of 10 on the bio phsysical profile. They gave me some Farracet (sp) at 1 but that didn't help I only took one though. BP has slowly gone back to normal but we did find out that our little girl is breech. Which for the longest time she was head down but apparently has turned in the last 48 hours. I am still hoping to go home soon but my faith is dwindling as I type. I really didn't think this would be so hard but it is. Keep sending me prayers I need them all and hopefully will keep this one in until at least 37 weeks!
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:54 pm

Stacey - Ohh I forgot I have only good experiences with induction as well. Caleb was induced I was 2 cm and 50% effaced and from start to finish it took 8 hours and only pushed like 3 times. Olivia as you know was a bit longer but keep in mind she was early and my cervix wasn't really ready so it took longer but once I did dialate and thin out it was very quick and I didn't push at all she just came out lol. Good Luck!
Tommygirl2002

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:24 pm

Gigi ~ ugh, girl! I hope that you are feeling better soon. And I hope that baby decides to stay in there for at least 3 more weeks! Tell her to turn herself around or you're going to put her in a time out!!
denise73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mfowler08 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:41 pm

Becky--That would be great if your MIL would trade houses with you. DH's cousin did that w/her mom. Only unfortunately they found out after they moved in and started taking down the wallpaper to paint that they had mold. Crying or Very sad

Alicia--Wow...you really did have a bad weekend. I am glad to hear your dad is well enough to be discharged. I hope he's able to get in to his follow-up appt's soon.

Shannon--The best advice that I can give you if you are thinking about going to nursing school and don't have any healthcare experience is to get your Nursing Assistant Certification. I think most programs are only 3 months long (at least here in WA). It's a great way to get a slight taste of what you will deal with (naked people, bodily fluids, etc) You can also typically continue to work at that job doing evening shifts or weekends while you are in school. I absolutely love what I do....but it is not for everyone. You don't go into nursing (or medicine) for that matter for the money...because you will just be unhappy. I really feel it is a calling for me. Good luck. Feel free to ask me questions anytime!

Stacey--I love your new belly pics! I agree that for some reason you do look smaller wearing clothes (hmmm...that sounds kind of strange, lol). But the more I compared the pictures I could tell you really weren't...I think it's the way the shirt drapes over the end of your baby bump. I had to laugh at your reaction to the cafeteria cashier...go hormones go!! As for your doctor's comment about sleeping during labor, i don't think I've ever heard of someone doing that...unless maybe she means a nap after the epidural? But I've never had a baby, so I don't know. Haha!

Jeanette--Sorry you had such a rough night at work. I am assuming she was post-op and therefore not a TPA candidate?

Clare--I am still praying for you! Have fun on your trip! Where are you guys going?

Denise--I haven't heard back about the interview yet.

Gigi--I am praying for you. I'm sorry the Fioricet didn't work for you. I hope you get to feeling better soon, and you make it to 37 weeks.

AFM: I just do not understand some of my staff!!! One of my nurses was late showing up for her shift so I had my secretary call her at 7:15 (shift starts at 7). She was still in bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She finally gets in at 8:30. My manager approached her and asked her what the deal was b/c this is the 2nd time since the beginning of the year that it happened. She got all defensive and said "Well I have TWO alarm clocks, I didn't wake up!" Can you believe it?!? If I was late like that and my manager approached me I would be horrified, apologetic and say I would make sure it never happened again. This woman only works 3 days a week...and just came off of having a long weekend off. My manager was so pissed at her attitude that she decided to make it an official verbal warning. I can't say that I blame her. Fortunately, other than dealing with that this morning my day went well.

I haven't hear back from the HR lady about a day/time for the phone interview yet (I checked my email obsessively today, lol). But I did get the benefits package in the mail. So I am going to go read through that and send her a thank you email. She must have put it in the mail RIGHT after I talked to her on Friday to get it here so fast. I know how slow the mail room is at my hospital. LOL
mfowler08

About My Family : Happily married to Vincent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:39 am

Maureen - Yay for the benefits pack...
that is rather frightening about the other nurse...I would be worried as a patient that she does not care about her job...

Stacey - I should have said that even with being induced the hard labor with the real painful contractions was not long and it only took a few pushes on all three of mine for the babies to come out...

Gigi - within 45 minutes of Camp Hill...and York does fall into that catagory...but all we hear about York, we both are iffy...and the city schools always seem to big. we have seen some nice houses, but they are york, or harrisburg with york or harrisbug city schools. i don;t know where you live but I don't know the area to know if there are any good areas where you won't get shot sitting on your front porch or playing in your backyard...
I hope you are feeling better soon and they can do something to keep that lil on cooking a lil longer at least...

I think Rob like the house we saw the other day, b/c he keeps asking me my honest opinion and then he tries to say well we can do this to fix that and is that the only reason? I will bbl...i have to get Nathaniel moving for school...
ajvinsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:01 am

Aara - It's easy. York is huge. The city school district and the city itself is small in comparison to York. My kids go to Central York School District and I live in what they call North York. It's not the city kinda close to it but we haven't had any crime or murders or anything like that. But Central School District has a lot of municipalities in it and is the largest school districtin York county. You could live in a lot of places and be in this school district it's a really suburba kinda of school district the only city that really goes there is North York Boro and that is where I live. We have like 12 zip codes in York but we do have some nice homes too. Manchester in York county and Emigsville area are very nice with some homes like the ones that you were looking at and they are priced well too. I know looking for a house is difficult it was really hard for us too. I hope you find the one your looking for.

Denise - That's so much. I already need the time out since she turned on me. I just know that she is going to be my C-ssection baby. Can you really have 4 babies and avoid a c-section? lol.

SO I had my nst and Lily did very well today. The nurse just told me that things look to be going in the right direction that hopefully today will be the day. Keeping my fingers crossed I am so ready to go home. My BP was a bit elevated but my headache is coming back so by lunch I will probably need the Migraine medicine. It does work I just need to take two of them instead of one. So that is what's going on today. Ohh Yeah and i lost the 3 pounds that I gained, it must have been water becuase I do nothing but pee the last 8 hours. They just keep force feeding me the water.

Clare - I know this Friday is the day and i am hoping for the best for you!!! Ok Gonna go and rest a bit they had me up at 530. I am gonna rest until my breakfast comes then get up and take a nice hot shower!!!
Tommygirl2002

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:26 am

Stacey-yay for progress!! I completetly understand how hard the end is. I was lucky enough to not go 40wks with either. I hope whatever the Dr did helped and you will be in labor soon!

Clare- KFC AF stays away.

Jeannette- sorry about your hard night at work.

Gigi- poor thing. I hope you are feeling better and this LO stays in there longer.

Maureen- I hope you hear something soon.
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:00 am

I have decided to work from home for the rest of my pregnancy. I really do not want to go into labor at work, not to mention the office chairs are a killer on my back.

Clare - I will concentrate on praying for a BFP for you!! That should take my mind off of me and hopefully all that extra praying will help you out to. :}

Denise - I hope I have the same labor experience as you!! I am hoping that since I am already thinning out on my own and the baby is low that I will dialate easily and labor willbe quick. I hope you feel better. Tension headaches are the worst.

Gigi - Wow, you poor thing!! Praying that you begin to feel better and things start to turn around for you!! It is so crazy how different each pregnancy is. Praying you can get out of the hospital soon. I really like the sound of your induction. I would love to have it go smoothly, quickly and not even have to push. Pass some of those good labor vibes my way and I will pass some of my pregnancy holding pattern vibes your way!! LOL

Maureen - I thought my Dr. was crazy abotu sleeping during labor to as I have never heard about anyone doing that but what do I know. LOL I can not believe that story about that nurse. I would be so appoligetic as well. I hope you get the phone interview realy soon. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Aara - I am feel a lot better about hearing the stories about an induction not being absolutly horrible. I was getting nervous about that.

Still no labor yet. I have started getting this painful feeling in my va-jay-jay. I swear it feels like someone is scratching me with their nails from the inside. When it happens it takes my breath away. Has anyone else had this feeling? Also, I am just curious but for the ladies who went into labor, did the baby keep normal movement patters or did the movement slow down priro to labor? Brody is still moving a lot but I am just looking for any sign. LOL
sstjohn77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:33 am

Stacey I had the...kinda like pins poking me in the va-jay-jay (LOL) maybe the nurses came explain what it is...I was always told it was normal by my midwife...
I recall all three of mine continuing to move...up until delivery day when contractions really got going...

Gigi - I'll keep looking, but it looks like all of the ones down there that we can afford and have four bed is either in west york area or is attached to another house in some way or another. After living in a townhome for three months in OH just to wait on a house, and my grandparents living in a double...there is no way Rob and I want to be attached to anyone...
glad everything is looking good so far for today Smile
ajvinsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:50 am

Stacey ~ Alexa was kicking while I was pushing. I specifically remember saying to the nurse "so, aren't they supposed to stop moving so much as they're being pushed into this world?" She laughed and said, "usually, yes, but apparently not your baby."

Gigi ~ hope you get to come home soon!

Aara ~ good luck on the houses again!

Becky ~ I'm moving to FLA. We're getting snow again tonight and then a big storm from the Gulf again on Friday. I'm over snow and winter.

Maureen ~ I hope she calls to do that interview soon!

Hi to EOE. I'm just popping on really quick while Alexa finishes eating. I'll BBL.
denise73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:25 am

Yeah I am going home today!. I am just waiting for my OBGYN to come in a tell me that too!. I just had a scan from Maternal Fetal Medicine and they are please with everything that she is doing. She is recommending that I go home on Modified Bedrest. Yay, works for me. I do have to be seen in her office once a week for a NST and BPP. But right now everything looks good. She did tell me if it was 2 weeks later she would just say ok lets get this baby out and over with lol. She feels like I am just starting out with the Pre-e and that it may get worse but it's not bad enough to have to stay here so I am a free woman. Just have to see if that is what my OBGYN says as well. Hopefully they both agree on the plan becuase it will go alot easier if they do. OOhh yeah and now Lily is Transverse not Breech. It just keeps getting better. lol. She told me to tell her to go to the light the door will open for you lol. We will see how that works lol.
Tommygirl2002

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next