TTC a Miracle 2009

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by Adrienne1010 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:14 pm

Becky- soooo sorry about your mortgage issues! That's a huge bummer. After learning about different kinds of mortgages in college...I learned that the only one that I'm comfortable with is a fixed rate (we have a 30 yr fixed). They have so many different "creative" mortgages out there...I think they're mostly a scam. I hope you can figure something out to keep your house. I like our house, but I don't love it. I'd like to sell it, but we'd lose money (we bought when prices were at their peak).

Maureen- I'm thinking you may take a pay cut...but cost of living may be a lot lower, YKWIM? I hope that's the case! Good to hear you got a hold of the HR lady (finally). Very Happy

Stacey- ahh nesting. You're house will never be that clean again! Wink

Becky C- I'm glad I'm not the only one with a weight-shift! Why does it like to settle in the tummy area? Sigh.

Aara- GL with the possible new house!

Clare- I'm dying for your 2ww to end. I can't imagine how you're holding it together until the beta!

Jalen is getting molars. This is not fun. I can't wait for teething to end! But...there's more to come. I'm really busy at work...so that sucks. Other than that, not much new.

Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mfowler08 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:24 pm

Jeanette & Candice--Right now I am making $41/hr, but that is including my charge RN differential. DH makes about $35/hr not including his night shift differential. I knew it would be a pay cut going out there b/c of the low cost of living....I just didn't realize how BIG of a paycut, lol.

Adrienne--I hear ya on the creative mortgages...kinda scary. The husband of one DH's nursing school classmates is an accountant. After they graduated from nursing school they were bugging us about not buying a house yet. We told them we didn't have a down payment yet. They had just bought a beautiful HUGE brand new house in Ballard which is a trendy neighborhood in Seattle. He told us we should do what they did, get an interest only mortgage. I couldn't believe an ACCOUNTANT was recommending that to us...how is that any different from renting!?! LOL

I just got 2 emails from the HR lady. The ICU manager is really interested and wants to set up an phone interview, so I have to email her some dates and times I would be available to talk on the phone. I am so excited!!!
mfowler08

About My Family : Happily married to Vincent

Job : RN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:15 pm

Clare-It’s good that you at peace with things at this point

Becky C-I have been meaning to ask how your brother is doing with everything that has been going on with him? I seriously need to lose some weight too…I just need to watch what I eat. We are going to do a biggest loser thing at work.

Aara-It’s good that you were able to do some yoga with the kiddos!

Becky-I’m sorry you guys might have to move. I can understand being private about exact finances but we’re here if you need to vent or be sad or bummed. It’s no fun being in that situation but if you guys are able to save more money or not get into debt it’s the right thing. That is really sucky that his uncle suggested that to you guys

Stacey-It sounds like a bunch of water retention

Maureen-I hope the cost of living is much lower esp if you’re going to be making much less. It must be exciting and adventurous moving to a whole new region!

Adrienne-I’m not looking forward to the teething process!

Ben is finding his thumb these days! It’s cute but we don’t want him to suck it…right now Matt is making some silly faces and noises at Ben and he’s cracking up! It’s so fun now that he can interact with us so much!
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Maureen-
Best of luck with the interviews!!! I'm sure you will do so well Smile
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:33 pm

Clare ~ I am glad you are feeling peaceful! I have a little chat with the Big Guy every night about my friends who are trying to have a baby!!

Holly ~ I hope you are feeling ok and that your surgery went well.

Stacey ~ it is pretty common for morning sickness to come and go at the end. I had it and it stunk. Hopefully the little man will come soon and you'll get back to feeling better!

Kate ~ I loved it when Alexa started laughing at us. Now she teases and laughs at us if we do something either funny or if we hurt ourselves, the little turd. She loves it when we come up the steps and she is on her tippy toes looking over the gate and we say "boo". It cracks her up.

Becky C ~ I used to go out with the guys all of the time, too. I think it came from working with mostly all men so I tended to have more man friends. You know how women can be bitches - lol. And yay for big pants Very Happy

Becky ~ sorry about the house situation. I hope you can find something so you can stay in your house.

Candice ~ I'm glad you got lunch! It's nice to be recognized.

Maureen ~ well, the cost of living in WV is WAY lower than Seattle/Washington state. So the amount they pay you is probably comparable to what you'd be paying here. That is why we live in WV and not northern Virginia. It is VERY expensive over there and we'd rather drive 45 minutes to work (well, not me anymore) and enjoy our money than to work for our house.

Aara ~ you go, girl, with your yoga. I like yoga. We have the P90X system and it has a yoga DVD and it's no joke.

Jeannette ~ how are you feeling? Is that baby letting you get any rest?

Hi to EOE. I am getting ready to go to bed soon. Alexa is asleep and Chris is snoring on the couch. I am waiting for my one load of laundry to dry. I was excited b/c I went and bought a new pair of jeans today and they are one size smaller! And I am feeling bloated today, so maybe they'll be even better tomorrow - lol.

TTYL
denise73

Job : SAHM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:28 am

Poor Lynn just went after the cat and she hissed and batted her paw at her...so now she is crying...Chy tolerates the kids, she is not a lovey cat with anyone but me Smile

I got the cover proof for Ben, The Miracle Horse yesterday...looks wonderful...I should hear something next week about a release date, which means it will be available on the publisher site at a new book sale price very soon...

Stacey??

Maureen, that is great news...KFC for you!

Denise, I have a mommy yoga dvd...but we also have netflix now...or the use of the streaming from DH's mom and I found some of the 10 min dvd's on it for streaming...its not a lot, but when you do it alone and then with the two lil ones and then again with Nathaniel it turns into a few times a day...lol

Kate, we never wanted the kids to suck on fingers and thumbs either...that is why we went to the binki from the start...it's a lot easier to make disappear than the thumb Smile

I am excited about seeing the house tomorrow...Rob said he is still kind of hung up on the house in Newville...but maybe when we see this house he will like it better. It is still an hour drive from my family...maybe a little closer to Robs than we are now...

I keep hearing "mine, mine" out of the bedroom...both Lynn and Alex are yelling it so I had better run...ttyl
ajvinsh

About My Family : love

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:04 pm

Stacey - I am thinking of you and hoping everything is progressing for you. Ohhh one more thing that I heard can get some contractions going. Nipple Stimulation. I know the thought isn't pretty but it may get them going. I know that since my nipples are itchy all the time some times when I itch them I will have a contraction from it so I know I have to go lighter lol.

Kate - Caleb and Olivia both are binky babies. Caleb was done with his at like 9 months and the plan is to take Olivia's at 1 with the bottle but with the baby coming I am afraid that she will just take the baby's when she wants one lol. I feel like I am overloading this little one. She is turning 1 and lossing the binky, bottle starting the cup full time and here I am bringing another baby into the mixed to really mess with her. Ugh I just get so upset with myself sometimes.

So yesterday was a disaster. As you all know I am still sick with this headache and so called sinus infection. Well yesterday afternoon I called the doctor about this heaache and the fact that it's been 6 days with it not going a way even with the codeine. So I went to the doctor's and my protein in my pee was throught the roof and my pressure was elevated. So off to labor and delivery I went. They gave me some oxycodone orthe pain in my head and I was monitored. I was sent home on strict bedrest until Monday when I go back to be evlauated again. She didnt feel the need to have me deliver this weekend becuase of the pre-e but did say that if anyhting changes or the headache gets worst that may change. SO I am back to the non-stress test every week and weekly appt. She is hoping to keep the baby in there alteast until 35 weeks which is only like 12 days away. So I decided to take this weekend and get some things in order since I am not really on top of things lately. I have to get my bad packed and some things together for the baby which should be over 5 punds by then and can hopefully come home with me. Really don't want a NICU baby again and feeling like I am being pulled between 4 people causes more stress but whatever is best for the baby and myself at this time is what is best. Just thought I would come on really quick and give an update and to see if Stacey had her baby yet. TTYL!
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:19 pm

Gigi - your in my thoughts...I hope you can keep that lil one in there a little longer at least...take it easy this weekend like the doc says.

Holly - Thinking of you also, hope the surgery went well and the pain is not too great...
ajvinsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting4baby on Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:57 pm

Gigi - Oh my goodness. I think it is a great idea to get things in order now since you never know when it could happen. The week before I had Gwen (which we did not know was the week before she was going to be born) I went out and bought all the things I would need to keep her alive and healthy in my house. Thank god I did. I had to have people set up her crib and wash all her stuff while we were at the hospital. I will say, try not to be too disappointed if the baby ends up staying in the NICU. I know Gwen wasn't 5 pounds yet, but being born even only 5 weeks early can require a short stay in the NICU. I understand why you don't want to go through that again, I just don't want you to be sad if they keep the baby in as a feeder and grower. It definitely shouldn't be along stay, if there is one at all. I really hope you feel better. We are all here for you. I will send positive "stay put" vibes. Hugs.

Thanks for the good thoughts, ladies. The surgery went fine. I am sooo sore. I was so worried about something going wrong or not being able to wake up after, I forgot to prepare myself for the pain. Ouchy. This morning I overdid it. My lovely husband didn't get up with Gwen when I asked so I got her up, did breakfast, cleaned the kitchen and started preparing for the babyshower I am co-hosting tomorrow. Way too much and I'm paying for it now. So I'm in bed. But I will be fine.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:47 pm

Becky - This economy has caused a ton of issues for people. I am sorry that you are stuck in the situation with your house. Praying something works out.

Maureen - Do you know what the cost of living difference is for the two areas? I wonder if that is why you would have to take such a big pay cut? Hope the interviews go perfectly. Good Luck!!

Denise - YEAH for the new smaller jeans!!!

Aara - I am still here and waiting for this baby. :}

Gigi - Thanks for the insight into nipple stimulation. My boobs actually started to feel a little sore today, which is interesting since they have not felt sore this whole pregnancy. They have itched but not felt sore. Maybe that is a good sign and nipple stimulation will help kick start things. I am praying that your blood pressure goes down and you stop spilling protein in your pee. I am szorry you are on bed rest, that must be so frustrating, especially if you want/need to get stuff done.

Holly - Glad the surgery went well but you need to take it easy. Poor thing!! Hope you get some rest sounds like you have a big day tomorrow.

I am still here, waiting for this baby to show me a sign he is on his way. I have the worlds worst heartburn right now. It is so bad I swear my ears hurt and my stomach is upset. On a positive note however I just read and article that said women who tend to have medium or bad heartburn during their pregnancy have baby's with a lot of hir. While women who do not have much heartburn have baby's with little or no hair. They say there is actrually medical proof to it, something about the hormones that cause baby's to have a lot hair aslo being responsible for relaxing the muscles that cause heartburn. I have had horrible heartburn. Has this been true for any of you? It will be fun to see if it is true.
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:08 pm

Holly - Ouch! Rest up and hopefully you'll be back to your old self soon. Women are such multi-taskers - it's hard to just sit back and hope that someone else will take over when you're not 100%. Hope the babyshower goes well tomorrow!

Gigi - (((Hugs))) I'm thinking of you today and hoping that you're feeling better soon.

Stacey - Tell that little boy to get out here! Smile I'm sure you're so ready to have him in your arms. Hope your heartburn gets better. My friend had terrible heartburn right before she had her son - so bad that she couldn't sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by mfowler08 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Gigi--I'm sorry you still are not feeling better, but at least the doctor seemed to really listen to you. I hope you are able to relax this weekend and not stress too much.

Holly--I'm glad the surgery went well. Take it easy with your feet up!

Stacey--Darn...I was hoping you were in L&D today! Haha! Sounds like you are doing good though (except for the heartburn).

Clare--How are you doing? You are in the 1WW now...I am so excite for you!

AFM: Yesterday I got to spend a couple of hours with my neice and 2 great neices. I hadn't seen them since June! The girls are getting big so fast (they are 3 & 4 1/2 yrs old). The oldest is usually very shy, and has never talked to be before. But yesterday she actually took my hand and wanted me to play with her. I had a blast!
Then my mom called, she said she just realized that between our work schedules she figures she only has 6 more opportunities to spend time w/me before we move. It was the first time she had really sounded sad about it. So I invited her over and we made pizza and watched a movie together. She was also telling me that she thinks she found someone she trusts to stay at her house and look after the animals so she can come visit us this fall. This was shocking b/c my mom really doesn't like to travel (I offered to pay for her to come to Hawaii w/me several years ago...but she never took me up on it).
Other than that I am kind of bored right now. I want to start going through the closet in our spare bedroom, but need DH w/me b/c most of the stuff in here is his...but he's sleeping and won't wake up for at least another 3-4 hours. Maybe I'll play a little Sims 3, lol.
mfowler08

About My Family : Happily married to Vincent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:42 pm

lol...I can relate on the packing Maureen...anytime I get started I have no idea what to do with any of it b/c it's not mine. I cannot be the one to clean Nathaniel's room either b/c he has all of these little pieces that he builds stuff with, but it all looks like broken trash to me Sad
go play Sims 3...I love it but have not played ina while...Rob got me the expansion for christmas and I have nto been able to play it b/c something is not working and the tech people are not being very helpful...

Darn Stacey...you weren't supposed to post...you were to be in L&D

Holly, glad the surgery went well...now get some rest...
ajvinsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting4baby on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:45 pm

Why does it sometimes not post my posts???

Stacey - I heard that was an old wives tale, but I had TONS and TONS of terrible heartburn. It was so painful and, well, look at my kid! =)

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:38 pm

Stacey- I had bad heartburn with both of my kids and they were super hairy at birth! It was wild. Hoping that this little guy decides to come out this week. Hang in there. The light at the end of the tunnel is shining bright now!

Gigi- I am so sorry about the pre-e. Sad Make sure you get lots of rest this weekend and give your body a chance to relax and for your little girl to keep cooking. I've never had pre-e myself but I know it's miserable. Thinking of you!

AFM: We got a little snow today. We also went to Ikea and got a new futon thing for the kids playroom (which we still need to assemble) and a desk chair for DH for our home office. We went out for Mexican too. I was exhausted this afternoon and took a nap on the sofa. I've been sort of a mess lately so I'm hoping to be normal soon. This pg has just been draining on me which is making my spirits low. I'm just so not myself anymore and it's crummy at times. I feel guilty about feeling like this so that doesn't help either. Ahhh!!!!
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:48 pm

Stacey ~ Ok - I'm the odd one - I had tons of heartburn and Alexa STILL doesn't have hair - lol. Oh, and your boobies are going to start aching b/c they are getting ready for the milk to come in.

Holly ~ tell that hubby to start taking care of you!!

I have more to say but Alexa is running crazy all over the house and she should be sleeping!
denise73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:24 am

Hey all
Just wanted to tell you that I am in the hospital on hospital bedrest. They are trying a new medicine to get the headache away. I will be here at least until I am thinking the earlies tuesday. I know I am not leaving until the headache is gone. So far Dh is with me but this sucks being away from the kids. But apparently this is what needs to be done. Good News is my BP is down so that is good. I will keep you posted as much as I can. Thank you so much for the support and encouragment that I have been getting from all of you and it means so much to me to know that your all here for me. Again thank you for being good friends!
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting4baby on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:51 am

Gigi - I'm know you are bummed about being away from the kids. I would be too, but I'm glad you are at the hospital where they can take care of you and make sure you get the attention you need. Hugs. We are always here for you. I hope that headache goes away. Yay on BP going down, though!

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh on Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:52 am

praying for you Gigi...hope that they can do something to help and keep your lil girl in there a lil longer

stacey - I guess I was an odd one too...woth alex and lynn i had terrible heartburn that my tums was my candy...lol...but they did not have much hair at all...

Holly - have I mentioned that i love that picture of gwen you have as your avatar...
ajvinsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh on Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:53 am

oooo...forgot...going to see the house later today...cross your fingers that it is at least a nice house and not a waste of time to go the whole way up there...it is about an hour and twenty minutes to drive...
ajvinsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NicksMom1210 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:45 am

Just came on and saw that the post I did last night didn't show up Sad

Stacey-Had HORRIBLE heartburn and Nick had tons of hair!

Aara-Hope you love the house!

Holly-Glad you are feeling better and that everything went well. Hope you get some more time to rest!

Gigi-I hope you start feeling better ASAP and that little one stays in as long as she needs! It must be hard being away from the kids, but you just have to get better for all the kids! I will pray for you and your family!

AFM-Nothing much new, we have a baptism today for our friends daughter. I will be seeing my cousin who I used to be incredibly close with and aren't anymore due to A LOT of family issues. Whenever we see each other its hard because I do miss our relationship, but not all the drama that her and her mother have caused me. It is their mission in life to talk about me and my family on a daily basis. The things that I have heard they have said are unforgivable but its still hard to see her. I wish I did interesting things so they would have something true to talk about, lol.

Talk to you all later!
NicksMom1210

About My Family : DH is Chris-30, DS is Nick 12mos, We have three dogs-Jayda (a boxer), Abbie (a chihuahua), and Brady (a dacshund)

Job : X-Ray Tech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CJTTC on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:58 am

Gigi: I am so sorry you are in the hospital. I am glad that they will be able to monitor you more closely and keep a watch over your BP! Hope they can get your headaches under control. I know you miss your babies.

Stacey: How are you doing? I can't believe your due date is almost here. I know you can go anytime and I keep waiting for a post from you. Good luck.

AFM: Well we got lots of snow for our area (6 inches)! I know that is not a lot for some of you ladies but for us it is a ton. The roads are still covered and it is like 16 degrees now so I don't think much melting is going to take place. I do have to work tomorrow so I am giong to be extra extra careful driving in. At least there isn't much traffic that early and I only live about 10 minutes away. DH will take me if it is bad. It isn't really the snow that bothers me but the roads are just a sheet of ice.
I have been feeling really good lately. I can't believe I am now 30 weeks! I also can't believe we are going to be able to bring home a baby in less than 10 weeks! I am not going past my due date! LOL! I think I told you all that I did officially pass my glucose test and my hemoglobin is fine too. My BP is still really good and I have gained about 15 pounds! So I am right on track so far. Hoping to stay that way. I know things can change fast so I am just grateful everyday to be healthy and to have a healthy baby growing inside of me. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

Candice

CJTTC

About My Family : Candice and Jason have been TTC since March 2007. We have endured multiple failed IUIs and have two children from 2 IVF cycles. We have a daughter waiting for us in heaven and our son, Carson was born 4-7-10! We are so blessed to have this little boy in our lives!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:09 pm

Gigi ~ I'm glad you are getting yourself taken care of. I know it must suck to be away from your family but you need to keep yourself well, too. And hopefully it's not a permanent thing. Hugs.

Holly ~ I hope you are feeling a bit better today!

Aara ~ good luck house hunting.

Becky C ~ I'll be hoping you have a drama-free day.

Candice ~ we were supposed to be far enough north to not be touched by this storm. Umm, yeah, 7.5" of snow later, I think they MAY have miscalculated. The good news is that it is getting warm enough to melt the snow from the roads.

Hi to EOE. I'm just sitting here on a lazy Sunday, debating if I want to go downstairs and workout. I usually don't workout on Sundays - they're my rest days - but Alexa was so fussy this week that I didn't get to work out for 3 days in a row. So I should at least go and walk.......yuck.

Anyhoo ~ have a great day!
denise73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh on Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:01 pm

ok...we are back...the house was okay, but it does not have Rob and I jumping out of our seats saying this is the one Sad
I like the downstairs...has a large family room, perfect size for our 50" tv and the room to sit far enough back from it...had a sitting room, a dining room, s study with built in shelves...
then we went upstairs...it use to be a double house and the upstairs showed it by having to many doors and crowded rooms...and it needs work upstairs and there looks to be water damage, but it may just be water damage from before that the leak had been fixed, but she being an old woman many not have bothered with the walls and stuff...its a decent size, but I am not really that excited about it...
the town is small and nice and quiet also, plus it is up in the mountains more...
ajvinsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:56 am

Good Morning everyone!

Gigi- hope you are feelnig better today. You are in my htoughts

Holly- make sure you take it easy!

Stacey- I your LO is ready soon!! I know you are too!

Maureen- that is nice you spent some time with your mom.

Aara- sorry the house was just OK.

Thanks for all the support with my house situation. DH mom is talking about switching houses again. She keeps changing her mind. I hope she sticks with it and maybe this will be our way out!

Brennan has T-ball practice tonight!! It might get rained out though. He got his glove out and practiced with DH last night. He was all excited!!
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next