TTC a Miracle 2009

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by denise73 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:12 pm

Kate ~ thanks! I'm getting excited. Slowly. I just want to at least get to Monday b/c that would be the longest AF has taken to get here over the past 5 months. I didn't know you were house hunting. I hope it's easy for you to find something.

Becky C ~ seriously, it must have been the in the air last night. I have no excuse for not getting any sleep, though. We have a spare room with a bed and 3 couches. I just didn't feel like moving.

Natasha ~ how are you feeling? This is your last week of work, right?

Gigi ~ how are things with Miss Olivia today? Speaking of Olivias, we were watching Olivia on Nick Jr. tonight and I was singing "Olivia" to Alexa. Well, she starts singing back "Ohhhhlavalava" in baby speak. I was cracking up. But she kept saying it over and over so I know she was trying to say Olivia.

Holly ~ how is Gwen's poor little nose? Is she still stuffy.

Maureen ~ how is life in WV? Are you liking it? Does it seem weird to not be on the left coast anymore? The good thing is that you can get on here at "normal" east coast time - lol.

Hi to EOE. I met a few friends for lunch and a play date for the kids today. My one friend has a son who just turned 1 and the other friend has a little boy who is 3. The kids had a blast at the mall play area. It was nice - hardly any kids there so they had the run of the place.

I'm just tired from not sleeping well last night. I'm getting ready to head back there now. I hope everyone has a good night.
denise73

Job : SAHM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:11 am

Denise...that is so cute about Olivia (the pig) that is Aislynn's favorite cartoon and she sings it everytime...that and bob bob bob bob (spongbob squarepants) Rolling Eyes older brothers....lol

We are trying to wake up...lol...getting things ready to go up to the new house again today. A friend of mine is bringing their van over at 8am so we can load them up as well Smile and then we are off and back to work on the new house. Still so much to do and this weekend and next for Rob to do anything, he needs to do what he needs to so that I do not need him to do what I need too...that way I can go up and paint more during the week. I have to be up there on the 13th to meet up with the plumber guy...or was it the Sears guy...can't remember, but oen is coming on the 13th and the other Rob is hoping he can schedule him for that day as well...

The list of tings we have to do and things we need to bring with us keeps growing...
I got one room kind of painted the other day, i never realized how difficult it was to paint a ceiling, but I did it, all by myself and then the walls...I just need rob to fix a crack in the window frame and then I can paint the edges/corners and all the trim...
today Rob will mainly be focusing on our bedroom...our furniture is all wood and heavy so we need to get our room done so that we do not have to move things to paint...the kids rooms will not be that bad to move around if we need to paint after we are in...
ajvinsh

About My Family : love

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mfowler08 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:13 am

Clare--I am sorry to see you taking a break, but I completely understand. Sometimes I still feel like odd man out since I am not TTC. It hasn't been easy during this move either b/c the first thing everyone asks is "Do you have kids?" When I say "no" they say "Oh that's good, it makes moving so much easier that way". I know they have no idea how insensitive that is, so I just keep my mouth shut and cry on the inside. I am still praying that you get your BFP. Take your time away and come back to us if/when it feels right.

Gigi--That was really nice of your mom to get up with Lily last night. Can you talk her into doing that for you once a week? LOL

Stacey--Sorry you guys are having a rough time right now. You have a lot of transitions you are going through. But I'm glad you are getting the counseling. Hopefully you can learning some new communication & coping strategies.

Aara--You sound so busy I am exhausted just reading about it.

Candice--Congrats!!!! I hope you and Carson are both doing well (oh...your DH too, lol).

Becky--Hope you are enjoying your time in the Keys.

Denise--Yep it cooled way down yesterday...I loved it! Looks like it's going to be in the low 70's this weekend. That is much more my style. I was embarassing Vincent when apartment hunting b/c I asked everyone if the place had central air conditioning. They would look at me funny and he would explain that we were from Seattle & no one had A/C out there. One lady told us that if any place we look at DOESN'T have A/C, then we need to run away fast. LOL

Tasha--So glad to hear your appointment went well. Your time is coming up soon!

AFM: Well I was wrong about the day shift position for the job. The Medical ICU is a night shift job with the opportunity to 'rotate' to shift on an as needed basis. I really don't want to be alternating back & forth between shifts so I decided to go with the Neuro ICU. They are letting me wait to start work until May 3rd. I go into their employee health department on Tuesday to have them go over my immunization status & get my ID picture taken.

Yesterday we put a deposit down on an apartment we really like. We looked at the townhouse just down the street from his dad's place. We liked it, but it was a little too small for all our stuff. This other complex is really new looking and has tons of amenities. If I can find their website again I'll post the link. We aren't going to move in until April 23rd because his family is out of town next weekend and I have to contact the moving company to bring the trailer out of storage.

My mom has been calling me almost everyday. I know she really misses me, but it's getting to the point that I really don't have anything new to say to her. But I would never tell her that. I am really hoping I can convince her to come visit us in the fall.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
mfowler08

About My Family : Happily married to Vincent

Job : RN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:46 am

Maureen ~ LOL about the AC. Most places do have it. It is a requirement for me ;o) I'm sorry your mom is missing you so much. When I first had Alexa, my mom called everyday and then wondered why I wasn't talking. Well, I'm tired, we had just spoken not 12 hours ago and all this baby does is eat, sleep, and go to the bathroom. Now I talk to her twice a week, like I used to.

Aara ~ good luck today.

Hi to EOE. I was up at 7 again today. I don't like getting up early when I don't have to - lol. Alexa is eating yogurt with her fingers and I should be updating my checkbook but I don't feel like it. I think I'm going to do some school work today when she naps and then go for a walk when Chris gets home. We sold our hot tub and the people are coming to get it today. I really thought we would use it more than we did. I hated getting into it because we could never get the chemicals right and you always smelled when you got out of there. Well, I could smell it. Chris never said he could.

We're going to hang a swing up there for Alexa so I'm excited to do that. She slept pretty good last night.

Although she's flinging yogurt right now so I've got to run. BBL.
denise73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mommaking0105 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:32 am

Maureen - glad everything is getting all in order.

Aara - glad everything with the new house going good.

AFM - yes...only one more week of work for me until I don't have to worry about getting up early to go to work. Today is going to a wonderful day outside...but i have a runny nose and sore throat again so i'll be doing house work today and going outside tomorrow i guess. Feel good today...yesterday i was feeling nausea which I thought was weird, but i'm so close to the end i figured that it was normal.
mommaking0105

About My Family : I'm a teacher, wife, and mother to a wonderful daughter

Job : Teacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mfowler08 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:25 pm

Tasha--I love your new picture!
mfowler08

About My Family : Happily married to Vincent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mommaking0105 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Thanks Maureen....
mommaking0105

About My Family : I'm a teacher, wife, and mother to a wonderful daughter

Job : Teacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs on Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:38 pm

Just popping by to check and make sure I didn't miss anything!!! It's super nice here today and I've spent the day cleaning the house with Nick and the kids and going through clothes bins from last year. Making up bags of stuff to give away or take to the consignment shop. Nick's had the kids outside for like 2 hours now and it's so peacefully. Got a nice family dinner in the oven too. It was a great Sunday here!
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom on Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:06 pm

Denise-Yep we’re trying to find something reasonable that we love. It’s hard in RI because prices are stupid! We found a 4 bed colonial that we like (from the outside) but they had water damage from the flooding we had so we have to wait to get in there. I’m hoping we can offer low, if we like it, and then get in. I would LOVE to sleep till 7….not sure what that’s like anymore

Maureen-I’m hoping the move gets easier on your mom but maybe the distance will be good…she’ll come and visit you! I’m glad you took the other job since that is the one you wanted to begin with.

Tasha-You are alllmost there!!

We had a nice day here…church then hanging out. It was so nice Ben used his jumper thing in the garage with Daddy and I got some stuff done around the house. I called the real estate agent of the house we want to see and he said they should be done cleaning their stuff out by the end of the week so I’ll harass our agent if I don’t hear anything by next week! I wish we hadn’t talked to him but we are going to have to sell our house so we might as well. I’m still trying to convince my BIL he wants it!!
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy on Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:17 pm

Kate - Good luck with the house hunting

Aara - Hope all the work on the new house went well. I know it seems like it takes forever moving but just remember it will be worth it in the end.

Maureen - Yay for getting the deposit down on the apartment. Sounds like everything is coming together for you.

Tasha - Yay for having only 1 week left of work. Love the new pic.

AFM - AF is almost gone. I probably have 1 or 2 more days of spotting & then I will be waiting for ovulation. Hope this month goes better than last. I have decided I am going to try to temp, check CM, and use OPKs. I just don't want to run into the problem I had last cycle with not knowing for sure what day I ovulated because of my temps being kinda crazy. So far I'm only on day 3 & they look much better but theres no garantee that they will stay that way. I was going to do CP also but I think that would be too much for me to keep track of plus I don't really know what is high, medium, low, firm, soft, open, closed etc. for me. I think I would just get confused doing that. Well, guess I better go for now. Laundry is calling my name.
KieyasMommy

Job : Board Eligible Orthotist/Resident Prosthetist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:28 pm

Hi ladies ~ I hope everyone had a good weekend. We didn't do much. We finally got rid of our hot tub. I can't wait to get a nice picnic table down there. And my swing!! I love sitting out there and reading. Chris wants a hammock so I don't know, swing, hammock, swing, hammock? I think swing. I'm watching my niece early tomorrow so I probably won't be on until the afternoon. I hope everyone has a good start to the week!
denise73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:18 am

We got back last night...I hurt...my back, my arms and even my fingers...lol

Sorry Maureen...prepare to get tired after reading this...lol

I think we envisioned being able to get more done this weekend than we did...but we got quite a bit done. Rob kept finding more issues with the walls in our room which is where he was working and I was attempting to remove the wallpaper from nathaniel's walls. took 5 hours + on Saturday to do one wall, even with the steamer. Then Sunday I figured out a trick and between 9am and 330pm I got the other three walls totally stripped, but we found holes...large holes behind it. Tuesday I will go up to meet the UPS guy that is going to make another attempt at delivering our internet thingy, the Sears guy that is coming to hopefully replace the stove microwave combo...I hope he replaces it b/c I cannot even imagine trying to clean it it is that gross...the direct tv is coming tuesday since that did not work again this weekend, I knew we shoudl not have turned it off, but as most men Robert thinks he knows what is best ~rolling eyes~ and hopefully the plumber can come out and then hopefully he can come out again on Friday to actually replace the hot water so we have hot water this weekend for a change...lol...
While I am waiting and messing with those guys...I will be trying to removed the two layers of wallpaper off of Nathaniel's ceiling and then that room will be ready for Rob to come and fix holes and cracks...lol...
Then I will move to Aislynn's room to remove the two layers of wallpaper in there...thankfully it is smaller than Nathaniel's...lol

Alicia - GL woth the temps and checking and all...I only temped, I always found it confusing doing the rest...

love the new pic Tasha - YAY almost there

Denise - I would definitely go for the swing, though right now I could use your hot tub...lol

I am going to sit back for a bit and work on my book...since we have gotten the house I really have not been able to get anything done on it...which makes me feel bad b/c I got all the ideas in my head for the others and I cannot really start them until I am done with the first...lol
ajvinsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:44 am

Kate-I hope you get in to see the house you like soon...RI house prices stink, but they are a lot lower from when DH and I bought our house 4 years ago...I could NEVER get what I bought this house for, so we are stuck for now.

Alicia-I hope this month is better than last for you. I checked CP towards the end of TTC and its one of the reasons I kinda figured I was pg before I knew I was. My cervix was so high I couldn't even reach it, and since I was late for AF and it hadn't dropped I kinda figured I was pg.

Aara-You are making me tired! I am glad everything is coming along and I hope you get hot water asap! When DH and I first moved into our house we were to have a hot water tank installed by the previous homeowner because they had a tankless system and you got about 2 minutes worth of a warm shower. I remember that first hot shower and it was heaven!

AFM-Nick and I are just hanging out now, waiting for nap time. We have a lot of errands to run today. I have to go to the drug store to pick some stuff up, run to my eye drs to get my contacts, go to the little gym, and try to make it to the new Carters store they just opened near us to pick up some summer stuff and a couple of gifts I have to get. My nephew is turning 2 this weekend and he is already in a 3T, sometimes 4T, lol. Him and little Nick are total opposites!

The traveling zoo we went to yesterday was not good at all. I felt awful for the animals, they all looked so sad. It was $24 for us to get in and then anything you wanted to do cost tickets. We took Nick on a couple rides, we only stayed an hour because I couldn't handle the smell, ugh. Then we went out for ice cream afterwards. It was a nice, but expensive, family day!

Nick is dancing to sesame street right now, hes so damn cute, lol.

TTYL

Becky C.
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:22 am

Denise- gald DH was excited!

Maureen- I am gald you got the job, stinks it wasnt day shift though.

Stacey- I think it is a big adjustment having a child and it can be hard on a marriage. People always say 1st year of marriage can be hard but I thought having a baby was harder. SOunds like Brody is growing nicely!!!

Clare- I am sad to see you go but I understand. I wish you luck and will keep praying for you!

Tasha- gald your appt went well. You are so close!!

Candice-congrats!! cant wiat to hear all about it!!

I know i missed otheres. I had 3 pages to catch up on.

So I had as blast in the Keys and do not want to be at work today. I really enjoyed the atmosphere there and would love to go every year. Nice that my soon to be BIL has a rental there so we can go more often!!!
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:03 am

Kate - Sounds like Dh and I are having the same issues you mention. That is a great idea about having someone watch Brody at bed time. Then we could grab a few hours with each other and awake. I think the issue is that when we are at home and Brody goes to sleep we both go to bed to and that leaves no adult time. Off the topic question for you. Have you ever been to "Water Fire" in Providence, RI? I think the last time I went was maybe 3-4 years ago and I can not remember if it is stroller friendly. I am thinking of trying to get a group of people together to go sometime this summer but want to make sure I know what to expect. On the house aspect, one good thing is that if you see a house right now with no damage, you know that even a huge amount of water in the future would not be an issue. :}

Tasha - Wow, look at you! You look great! What a pregnancy glow! How are you feeling? I have heard nausea could be a sign of impending labor but you are so close now that you really do not need a sign to let you know it is on its way. LOL

Denise - Glad you had a good time on your play date. My DH wants a hot tub really bad and I keep telling him we would not use it enough. Especially since it would be to hot in the summer months.

Aara - I hate painting ceilings! Every ceiling in our house needs to be painted pretty bad and I have put it off for the past 5 years. My DH paints houses as a living so it can be tough getting him to paint since that is the last thing he wants to do after having done it all day long and it takes me forever to paint since I have to tape everything off or get it everywhere. I feel your pain. good job and good luck on the rest of the house. I can not wait to see pics. Are you taking before and after's? Wall paper on the ceiling??! Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. LOL

Maureen - YAY for the new job and apt. Bummer it is a night shift position but hopefully that will change soon if you like. I can not wait to see pics of the apt. I hate to admit it but sometimes I secretly wish we did not have animals so we could live in one of those really nice complexes with tons of amenities. I would love to be able to use a pool, health club etc. without having to be the one to take care of it or pay for maintenance.

Jeannette - I am so glad to see your ticker climbing. 27 weeks YEAH!! How are you feeling these days?

Alicia - Have you tried using the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor? With that you pee on a stick every morning and it tells you when you are getting close to O'ing and then the day you are O'ing.

Becky - Is it any easier when you have a second baby or do you think you go through all the same stuff as you did with the first?

Becky C. - I know what you mean about house prices. I bought the house DH and I are in about 5 years ago, I think it was at the top of the housing market right before it crashed and I would never be able to get what I paid for it now. It could take years before we are back to that kind of market in MA, so we are stuck as well.

AFM: I just need to vent a little. Sorry in advance for the long post. Recently my feelings have been a little hurt by my BFF. She had twins almost 3 ears ago and I feel like she has completely ignored me since I gave birth to Brody and I thought his birth would bring us closer together since we both had children now.

Here is the history. On the same day I announced I was engaged (DH and I had been dating for 10 years at that point) she announced she was pregnant. I was so happy for her and happy that we both had new chapters occurring in our lives. Her due date was supposed to be that August and DH and I decided to get married on 07-07-07 which I thought was great because it would be one month prior to her due date. Well she soon found out it was twins, which meant she looked very pregnant sooner then if she was only having one baby and she ended up not going to my wedding because she said she did not want to take attention away from me. Sadly by not showing up, not only was I very disappointed but I spent the whole night explaining to people where she was. I never mentioned any of this to her because it did not matter. She mentioned to me that she did not want anyone coming to the hospital when she had the twins as she thought it would be way too much, so I was planning on going to her house once they had a chance to settle in. Well she ended up with preeclampsia and had the twins while I was on my honeymoon. once I got back I went over to her house all the time and helped with the twins. Her husband used to joke that he loved when I came over because I would jump right in and grab one to assist, where other people would just sit like a deer caught in the headlights.

Anyway - She was supposed to come to the hospital when I had Brody. We had talked about her getting there as soon as she could once she got "the call" and being there to help me and DH. So when that day occurred DH called her at 11am after we got checked in an situated. She did not show up until 8pm at night. I was getting ready to push by the time she got there. I was really bummed. After having Brody I was in the hospital for 5 days and she never came back one time. Her mom came to see me in the hospital but she never did. She is a stay at home mom and I was so excited to spend time with her and learn from her about my new baby and the whole 8 weeks I was on maternity leave, she came over one time and spent 1 hour with me. Once again I figured she must just really be busy and pawned it off on the fact that she has twins which is why she must not have been able to spare even a few minutes to stop by and see me. Mind you she lives 10 minutes away. Well during one of our conversations she mentioned that the twins go to day care on Tuesday and her MIL comes out to watch them on Thursday's. Still I figured maybe she had way to many errands to run to possibly stop by even once but then I mentioned I ran into one of her friends at a baby consignment shop and she responded. "Oh yeah, I meet up with her and her kids at least once a week". I know this sounds stupid because I am a grown adult but I wanted to cry. I do not have that many girlfriends that I see outside of work. I moved to MA from San Diego, CA so I have no family out here and it really would be nice to have a girlfriend to meet up with once in a while. Ever since she had the twins the only people she hangs out with on a normal basis are "twins moms". I have called her a bunch of times and I sometimes get a call back but I am just hurt that she can make time for this other person at least once a week and she can not seem to make time for me once in two months. Am I just being over emotional? I really do not want to lose her as a friend but I am not sure what to do anymore.
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:18 am

Stacey-I don't think you are overreacting at all, I would be upset too. I am sure she is busy having twins and all, but she is a stay at home mom and has them at daycare once a week and her mil over once a week and can't make time? I just find that hard to believe. As much as you may not be able to relate to her when it comes to the fact that you only have one baby, you are a mom now, and you would think you would have more in common. My best friend and I don't see each other nearly as much as when I wasn't a mom, but she is recently married and is TTCing without success so I understand that its hard for us to make time to see each other and probably hard for her to see Nick knowing that it has been hard for her to get pg. But we still make time to have a girls night out to dinner once a month. My advice is to call her out on it and tell her how you feel. She may not know that there is a problem, although I don't see why she wouldn't. You were there for her when she needed you and now she needs to be the same way. Its not fair to you to be in a one sided friendship, you have Brody to worry about and don't need drama.

Becky-I am glad you had fun in the Keys! You are so lucky to have such a beautiful place so close to visit!
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:19 am

Stacey- I'd be hurt too. I'm sort of in the same situation so I can relate. When my BF got pg very unexpectedly (she was dating the guy like 7 months and wasn't even divorced from her husband yet), she called me all upset. I was the one who walked her through it and was her shoulder to cry on. I was the one who gave her all of my baby clothes and called to check up on her. Her 30th birthday- I was there at her party even though Colin was only 8 weeks old and I got her nice gifts and all. I really wanted to be there for the birth of the baby or at least come shortly afterwards. She texted me throughout the labor and then nothing. I found out the baby was born the next day. Never invited me up to see the baby but had all of her boyfriends family and friends up there and some of them she didn't even know! I assumed (wrongly on my part) that I would be the godmother as she's Colin's godmother. She has 2 other kids and I wasn't the godmother of either of them. We've known each other since birth!!!! Literally. Now I'm pg again and haven't seen her since September before I got pg. Sad I'm just about 28 weeks now. No card to congratulate us. Nada. They got engaged at Christmas and I got a text. How hurtful. I sent a card and figured that we'd get together to celebrate. Nothing. I feel like our friendship has basically fallen apart.

I hope that your friend comes around. It really stinks when a friend starts acting like this. I'm thinking of you!!!
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:38 am

Stacey- I understand where your coming from completely. I would feel hurt from the whole situation as well. I have a complicated relationship with some of my friends for different reasons. I was the first to have a child at an early age. I was only 19 so none of them could ever relate to me after that. Once Andrew got older and I could get out more and i left my first husband things started to change and some of them wanted back into my life and I put the law down. If you couldn't be my friend when i needed a friend while the hell would I want to be friends with you when it's convenient for you. I remeined friends with a small circle of women and do you know something. To this day I still don't get invitations to go out with them. I am a family person and well with 4 kids I really don't have choice now do I.....but they could still make me feel wanted by inviting me somewhere even if I can't go. Personally i am over the whole bar thing I would rather have dinner and gossip and just chat it up then go bar hopping at the age of 32. But right there is the reason I usually say no. It's loud and smoky and expensive. But that is the difference between them and me. But things are slowly changing since the last 2 that didn't have kids now do and it's funny how they barely leave the house now. RUDE AWAKENINGS!!!!! I know I went into a rant of my own here but Stacey I do get it. If she is your true friend then she would visit you or hell even call and check in from time to time! That's what friends do!
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:13 am

Stacey- that's a total bummer. You're feelings are more than valid in my eyes. I really don't have many of my pre-baby friends. It sucks, but it's true. Actually, one of my best friends really stopped talking to me when I got engaged! It was weird, but whatever. We never had a falling out or anything, just stopped talking. She's never even seen Jalen, it's sad. Sad One of my other good friends is single, and we don't see eachother often. Sad Again, no falling out, but we're both busy. I'm actually becoming closer with my neighbors recently. I live in a neighborhood full of old people (it's an older neighborhood). But, there are 4 houses in a row on my block that have kids. Now that the weather has been nicer, the kids have been playing together, and the parents hanging out too! I'm sorry that you're friend isn't being much of a friend right now. I do agree that maybe you should tell her how she's hurt your feelings...she may have no clue. See how she reacts to that. If she's still really distant, then maybe the friendship has run it's course...

Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:35 am

Stacey- I agree with everyone else that you have the right to be upset, I would be too. <<HUGS>>
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:27 pm

Stacey ~ I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I agree with Becky.....ask her point blank why she is blowing you off. If it's just because you "only" have one child, that is pretty selfish. I was like you - we're in a neighborhood full of people who have kids. We were the last ones to get pregnant. One girl who wanted to "help me through everything" got totally involved with someone else. I've distanced myself from her. I'm starting to have playdates and stuff now but it's still hard to lose someone you thought was a friend.

Becky C ~ aww, those poor animals. I wouldn't have been able to stay there, either. Especially with the smell. I'm all for zoos and such but if animals are being abused, it should be closed down.

Maureen ~ I'm so glad that you are getting settled and things seem to be falling into place for you. Is DH nervous about school?

Becky ~ I'm jealous of your trip to the Keys! I'm very glad you had so much fun!

Natasha ~ how are you feeling? Only a few more weeks!!

Jeannette ~ how is Baby Smith treating YOU? I hope he or she has settled down in there!

Alicia ~ I'm sorry that AF came. I hope the OPKs and charting and such can help. I used OPKs from www.babyhopes.com. I love them. Cheap but good.

Hi to EOE. I have been so busy today and now I'm really tired. I watched my niece for a bit, had lunch with SIL and niece, came home and watched Alexa play on her new swing - which she LOVES, BTW - had dinner, did a load of laundry, and actually worked out. I walked 2 miles and did 20 minutes of a slow ride on the bike.

I'm also trying to curb my over-anxiety. I'm not feeling many symptoms. When I was only 4 weeks along with Alexa, I was already starting to feel icky. I can say that I feel pretty good with the exception of being tired and some crazy hot flashes. My boobies are a bit sore but nothing that is killing me. So I still have a bunch of internet cheapie HPTs and I've been taking one every morning Embarassed I need to stop torturing myself!! I feel like I should be in some type of support group - lol.

I'm off to check emails and read my paper. Then I'm going to bed. TTYL.
denise73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting4baby on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:16 pm

Stacey - I would be upset too. You should probably mention something to her, because it sounds like she doesn't even realize what she is doing. Many hugs for you. =(

Denise - Remember every pregnancy is different! I know you know that, but I definitely felt different with Gregory and Gwen. Keep taking those cheap tests if it makes you feel better!

I am really stressed lately. Today I had a parent yell at me in front of other parents at the studio. I don't like that. Also, we are soooooooo broke. We can't pay our rent for the studio and every month another bill doesn't get paid and then we have to call and get our phones turned back on or cable or whatever. I NEVER thought we would be living like this. It sucks. I'm working my butt off lately to try and get new students, but it is just stressful. And my SIL can't watch Gwen anymore on Wednesdays so I have to find someone. And one of my teachers can't teach anymore for a time slot that I cannot do myself or find anyone for. I just feel like yelling! But Gwen is feeling better and she makes me smile!

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:05 am

Denise - I totally agree with Holly, every pregnancy is different. I had symptoms with both boys and the other right from the beginning of conception, with Aislynn I did not have any symptoms whatsoever, not even morning sickness until my 2nd trimester Smile Your doing fine, chin up

Stacey - I feel for you dear and your feelings are right on if that is how you are feeling. I do not have many school friends left...or BFF's one went into hiding from her x and her mother told me that she is not giving her number out to anyone b/c somehow her x keeps getting it b/c they pretty ran in the same crowd...that may be feel awful b/c I never ran with them and probably could not even tell you her x's name if you asked me...another BFF from school, has not even seen Aislynn, she came to the hospital to see Alex when he was born, but Aislynn is 20 months and she still has not seen her, part is my fault b/c I do not like dragging the kids around to go up there, but her schedule does not really fit either...she is over dramatic anyway and I may sound stuck up in a way, but when we talk I feel like we are still in high school b/c she has not found that special guy yet and she wants one, or if she does have a boyfriend, she clings to much and drives them away b/c she is so desperate for one...
Anyway, not that it totally matches your issue, just know we are here to listen no matter what it is...hugs!

O and as for the paper on the ceiling, according to everyone (my parents and DH) wallpaper was cheaper than painting back then...
I am takign before, in progress and after pictures...you can see the before on FB...but I do not want to put up the in progress until the room is done and spoil the transformation Wink you know the from this...to this...lol...
I told Rob that eventually I will have my house looking liek it came out of home & gardens...lol

Hugs Holly...I'm sorry dear, things will work out...

Well...off again for another fun filled (back breaking) day of working on the house...have got to try and get that paper off...hopefully the lil ones will cooperate so I can get work done...TTYAL's
ajvinsh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:44 am

Denise- I agree that every preg. is different.

Holly- sorry things are stressful right now. HUGS

Hi to everyone else!

I found the boys outfits for my sisters wedding yesterday. They are gonna look so cute!! Nothing else going on with me.
Brennan&Leosmama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:38 am

Ok I forgot a few things. Last week a my parents good friend passed away unexpectedly. They knew him since highschool, he actually introduced my parents. His funneral is thursday and not sure if I should go. I feel like I should but I hate to ask off since I missed 3 days last week. What would you do?

On a happier note we book our weekend at the beach again! We are staying labor day weekend for 3 nights! This will be our 3rd year staying there. Brennan thinks it is his bday tradtion since last year it was on his bday and this year it is a week before!!
Brennan&Leosmama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next