TTC a Miracle 2009

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by Brennan&Leosmama on Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:10 am

Clare- I am so exctied for you!! Glad DH is so excited!! The ultrasound will be exciting!! My DH never plans anything so he has no idea what goes into it. Sometimes I would like to leave it up to him but I know it would be a nighmare if I did!
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Clare - I had to laugh when I read about how you do not want Ice Cream anymore. My DH and I would crack up about that during my pregnancy. Prior to getting pregnant I would have a bowel of ice cream every night or at least something sweet. Then during my pregnancy I did not want anything sweet at all. In fact I started to crave spicy food. Really spicey. I used to buy Franks Red Hot or Buffalo Sauce and put it on everything. LOL Crazy how that happens. I am so excited for you!! Are you telling family yet?

Denise - Good Luck on finishing that lesson!

Becky C. - I had heard babies could not get it to but was not sure if that was true. Hopefully it is. :}

Alicia - I am glad to hear that Kieya is feeling better. Sorry you are getting sick though. Hopefully it passes very quick.

Maureen - I hope moving day is going smoothly for you!! I would be excited for a new washer/dryer to.

Becky - I would be frustrated to. 6 people is a huge difference in the matter of food consumption and it can get very expensive.

AFM: This whole marriage counceling thing is working wonders. Well so far at least. DH had his 1 on 1 visit last night and after he came home he was a new man. I swear! I had put Brody to bed so he rubbed my feet, asked if he could get me anything and then volunteered to take Brody to Day Care so I did not have to rush around in the morning... Can you believe that?!? Well it gets better ... Brody woke up in the middle of the night and DH jumped up telling me to stay in bed.. I did not even have to roll over and nudge him awake. In fact he took care of Brody all night. I actually got sleep last night. OMG, I can not believe I got some sleep. My 1 on 1 apt is in an hour so I better get going. Thank the Lord for small miracles!! LOL
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:38 pm

Stacey- that is great!!!
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:47 pm

Stacey ~ that is great!!

Maureen ~ I hope everyone came for their appointments on time. I hate waiting for deliveries.

Clare ~ how sweet! How are you feeling today? This antibiotic is making me feel extra 'ugh'. I can't wait to be done with it on Monday. But my pain is gone so that's a plus!

Becky ~ sorry DH is being such a man when it comes to planning the BBQ. MEN!

Becky C ~ I will dig up a really good article that I found on varicocles when we were going through it. But here is what happened with us: Chris' was on the left side of the scrotum (the most common side). He never really even knew he had it because it was on the underside. And he would always complain that his "balls" were sweaty - gross. But anyway - we saw the urologist and he said that what happens is that the varicocle increases the temperature in the scrotum just enough to kill the sperm or make them crazy or deformed.

The surgery wasn't that bad - the actual procedure only took 17 or 19 minutes! They will knock your friend's DH out. They'll make a small incision into the abdomen to the left or right of the belly button - depending on what side the varicocle is on. They'll use a laporscopic (sp) tool and go in thru the abdomen down into the scrotum. They will clamp off the offending vein. Once the blood flow has stopped, they'll remove it, cauterize it, and bring it out through the abdomen. Chris has 4 or 5 stitches. He said that the cut in the belly hurt more than his "junk" did. They key is to wake up every 4 to 6 hours to take the pain meds and to keep ice on the scrotum for a full 24 hours. That really keeps the swelling down.

If her DH has a desk job where there is no physical work to be done, he can go back to work in 3 days. If he has a physically demanding job, he'll be off a minimum of 10 days, preferably 14. Chris was off 10 and was sorry he didn't take another few days off.

Our doctor wasn't going to do another repeat SA for 3 months. It takes 3 full months for sperm to cycle out. But once they clear him at his post op appt., they can start TTC again. And hopefully, like us, it'll happen quickly!

I hope this helps and I'll try to find that link that we liked.
denise73

Job : SAHM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:14 pm

Just stopping by to post quickly. Thank god for Pepto. I took some this morning before going to the high school to talk to the students about a career in prosthetics & orthotics & made it all the way though with having an upset stomach or running to the bathroom with diarrhea. I'm not feeling to well now though. May have to go take some more.

I just wanted to stop in & let you all now that I'm afraid I may be out this month. My temp really jumped this morning. I have not had a positive OPK but I wasn't able to test yesterday. I also have not had any EWCM. But worst of all is that DH & I haven't BD in a while so if I did ovulate already then I wont be getting my BFP this month. I'm really hoping me having this virus threw off my temp & it will be back down tomorrow. If so DH & I will have a chance to BD & try to catch the egg. Right now I'm afraid that it is to late though. I guess I will find out tomorrow morning when I temp again.
KieyasMommy

Job : Board Eligible Orthotist/Resident Prosthetist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:59 pm

Stacey - Yeah, me and ice cream go WAY back - don't want anything to do with it anymore though. I bought a hot fudge sundae the other night (not sure why) and ended up throwing it out since I just couldn't eat it. I'm loving Mexican food right now. I'd rather have a burrito for dessert over ice cream! Laughing Sometimes counseling can really work wonders! I went to counseling for awhile a year or so ago and it really made me feel better. My husband ended up going with me at one point and it helped him too. He more or less went to support me, but it was great for him and for our relationship too. We have only told the people that knew that we did IVF that we are expecting. I felt it was only fair to let them know the results. This consists of about 12 people who we really trust will not say anything. Everyone else will have to wait until I am in my second trimester to find out. Smile

Denise - I'm noticing that I'm starting to feel nauseas a bit more lately unless I eat something. When I eat, I feel better. Smile My hips/butt have been a little sore over the past few days too. It's not constant though - just mild, sporadic discomfort. Like I tell my husband, no complaints though, only observations!

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Denise-Thanks so much for the info! I will definitely let her know.

Alicia-Sorry you think you missed it this month Sad

Becky-That is something my DH would do too. It would drive me crazy!

Stacey-Glad everything was better with DH!

Maureen-When I got my new washer a few months ago I was excited to do laundry too! The feeling doesn't last long though, lol.

Hi EOE...sorry if I missed anyone.

DH is working late tonight so its just me and Nick. Hoping for an early bedtime and a relaxing bath for me Very Happy . Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Becky C.
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:18 pm

Okay maybe we didn't miss the egg this month. I just took an OPK & it was positive. I have been thinking & realized last night I slept with a different blanket that is thicker than my normal one so between that & the virus maybe the temp was off & I'm fixing to ovulate. I hope so. Now I just need Kieya to go to sleep so DH & I can BD. Oh yeah, Kieya got sent home from daycare today. She's had bad diarrhea again. Guess she's not over the virus yet either.

Better go, Kieya's got a pair of panties on her head running around the house.
KieyasMommy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:08 am

Good news, my temp dropped back down where it has been so I don't think I've ovulated yet. Hopefully it will jump tomorrow & stay up. DH & I BDed last night & we will again today during DD nap & after she goes to bed for the night so hopefully those 3 times will work. We may also do the same on Sunday just incase I ovulate later than I think I'm going to. I'm just so excited that I'm not out yet.
KieyasMommy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:46 am

Alicia - You most likely haven't actually ovulated yet. It's only indicates the surge itself and ovulation could be 24 to 48 hour aways from that point so I say you are definetly still in the race for the egg this month. Go get ya some!!! Smile

Stacey - That is awesome about Dh and all the help he gave you. Maybe your should talk to mine for some inspiration. Did dh tell you what they talked about during their session or is that a no no? Either way that is great that he is helping so much.

Clare - Funny about the burrito. When I was pregnanct with both of my girls I was so hungry for mexican we must of had it like 3 times week. MMMmm Burrito's from Taco Bell were my favs or and the mexican pizza. I like more salty stuff while pregnanct than sweet too myself but with the boys I wanted the sweets all the time. That is just how it worked for me! Can't wait to hear about the u/s and to see how everything goes or how many there are in there!

BBL for some more my mom just called on the phone!!!
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mfowler08 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:10 am

Clare--That is so sweet of your DH! The washer we chose was the Kenmore Elite. I can't remember the exact model number, but it's the one listed on the Consumer Reports website as being rated #2 (we didn't go with the #1 b/c this one is a little bigger for my King comforter & we would have to wait for 2 weeks for the other one to get in). We got it in 'ginger' color, although it just looks like a metallic tan to me. LOL

I can't remember who it was that talked about waiting for delivery guys, but our wait was awesome yesterday! Sears had called us Thursday night and said they would arrive between 12-4pm. Well they called at 10:30 and said they would be there in 15 minutes! Luckily we were already at the apartment waiting for the delievery of our trailer w/our belongings.

The only bad part is that the owner of the complex showed up and apparently the office manager we had been talking to didn't fully explain what kind of truck had our belongings in it. He refused to let us park it over the weekend in front of our apartment b/c it was an 'eye sore'...we had to park it on the other side of the complex my his maintenence gear. Apparently he thought it was going to be one of the big boxy panel trucks like a U-Haul. We kept telling the office chick that it was a small semi-trailer. Argh! So we had to park it way over there and then had to get a u-Haul this morning and unload our crap from the trailer to the U-Hual, then drive it 3 blocks to our apartment to unload it. I swear that if we hadn't already signed the lease & if he hadn't already cashed our check I would have refused to move in. Needless to say we are exhausted today. It's midnight now and I have a long day of bringing up the rest of our stuff from teh garage that we were too tired to carry up the stairs today.
Night everyone!
mfowler08

About My Family : Happily married to Vincent

Job : RN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:45 am

Gigi- The Mexican thing is funny! With my Olivia, I used to wake up in the middle of the night wanting it. I'd eat it everyday. With Colin I liked it but wanted ice cream all of the time. With this baby, I'm back to Mexican again. In the last week we've had authentic Mexican yesterday, Taco Bell one night, and Moe's Southwest Grill one night. It's crazy!!! I've been convinced this one is a boy but would love another little girl.

Alicia- I hope you are chasing that egg! You should be right in that window now if your OPK was positive the other day.

Maureen- I'm sorry about all of the hassle with the truck. Sad That's insane that you had to go and get another truck to help move stuff. I'd be mad too. I do know that the last apartment we lived in we only had TWO hours to move all of our stuff in!!! We had a fairly big truck and were on the 17th floor of a highrise building. We had to get professional movers b/c we couldn't move it quick enough. It was crazy!
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Job : RN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:53 am

Hi girls ~

I'm reading but this antibiotic is tearing me up. I have been super nauseous and had diarrhea - yeah, sure you want to know that - and I feel drained. I don't want to finish it but I know I have to. I'm done with it tomorrow so I hope I'm feeling better soon.

miss you!
denise73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mommaking0105 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:38 pm

Maureen - yes ya'll need to rest. That is terrible that they made ya'll do all of that.

AFM - I'm still here with Malika in my stomach. I'm feeling alot of pressure in the pelvic area since last night so i think she is actually getting ready, but i'm think nothing will happen until Tues. or Wed. I will be going in Wed. at 5a.m. to start the induction if nothing before then. I'll be checking on everyone on here until then.
mommaking0105

About My Family : I'm a teacher, wife, and mother to a wonderful daughter

Job : Teacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shannon luddy on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:20 pm

hey girls!

stacey- that is so sweet and wonderful about you and your DH!!!

becky c.- i am so sad for your friend. what are they going to do next? thank you for keeping me posted. we go this week on wed. and i guess will know something by friday. keep me posted on your friend, praying for her! how hard!

tasha- its almost time!!! hang in there! she will be in your arms soon.

maureen- ugh i am so sorry to hear that!!! i know how incrediablly tiring moving can be and trying to get situated. I hope it all works out and that you get some magical energy! the 2 of you.

AFM- how can i become friends with you all on FB?? nothing really, working and i shot a wedding yesterday in this crazy tornado weather. somehow, it all came together and we got some great shots. I found out after some blood work by my endo dr that i have a vitamin d defisciency. so no biggie, just got more vitamans. I am still tired all of the time despite being on my thyroid pills for over 6 months. and its been regulated for months now. i think i am just stressed about living here and not having a home to call our own. DH still job searching. He got offered a job in managment at cheesecake factory, but we would have to move asap away from all of our family and its mandatory sundays which is really the only perk we want out of a job so that we can be back in church on a regular basis. BUT, its not out of the question i guess. we just dont want to jump on the first thing just out of desperation! haha. bc boy are sure are that. Wink have a good night!
shannon luddy

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful free spirited man, and we have a doxie pup whom we adore. We are hoping to be blessed with a baby soon.

Job : photographer/server

View user profile http://www.shanleephotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:42 pm

Shannon - I'm on FB under Denise Barkey Gay.

I'm getting ready to go to bed. It's stormy out so a nice night to curl under the covers.
denise73

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy on Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:54 pm

Shannon - Sorry to hear about the vitamin d deficiency. Hope DH finds a job soon that he will enjoy & that will allow him to have Sundays off.

Tasha - I will be checking in daily to see your progress. Please keep us updated.

Denise - Hope you get feeling better soon.

Maureen - Sorry to hear about the issues with the truck. That would have made me angry also.

Stacey - Glad DH is stepping up & helping you. Sounds like he is definitely getting something out of the counseling.

Clare - May 4th will be a great day!!! Can't wait until you have your u/s & see how many babies your having. I'm hoping to be joining you with good news then because I plan to start testing on the 4th since I will be 10 dpo. If I don't get my BFP atleast I know I can get on here for your results to brighten up my day.

Becky - How did the BBQ go today? Sorry DH was so rude about it.

AFM - Not much going on with me right now. My temp did jump back up some today. I put in a fake temp for the next 2 days & it gave me crosshairs so it looks like I am 1 dpo. I did actually get some BDing in so I do have a chance this month. I just really got disappointed when it jumped that one day because I thought we had missed it but appearently not since it went back down, I got the positive OPK, & then it went back up again. Now I have the fun 2ww. As I was telling Clare above I will probably test on Tuesday May 4th. I know I will be only 10 dpo so if I get a BFN I will not be too disappointed because I know it will still be early. Well, it's getting late so I'm about to go to bed. Good night everyone.
KieyasMommy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mommaking0105 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:33 pm

Shannon - I hope DH will find a job that allows him to be off on Sundays. I'm on fb Tasha Taylor King

AFM - well nothing new today. still having pelvic pressure so maybe that is a good thing. she is moving like crazy at times. i've been having more practice contrations so i'm hoping, wishing, and praying that when i go in Tues. for dr. appt. he says that i have dilated more and that i have thinned out. but either way I go in 5a.m. on Wed. to get induced. I'm hoping the hospital will have wifi so i can still get on....but if anyone that is on fb want to give me their cell number then i can text them so they can update everyone. well off to bed for me...even though i don't have no where to go tomorrow.
mommaking0105

About My Family : I'm a teacher, wife, and mother to a wonderful daughter

Job : Teacher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:28 am

Maureen-Good luck with all the unpacking and getting stuff together!

Shannon-My friends DH went for his ultrasound on saturday and will probably get the results today. They are kind of hoping it is what Denise's DH had, because there is an easy surgical fix for it. If not its pretty much straight to IVF. Hope everything goes well on wednesday! You can find me on facebook, I am under Becky Champagne.

Alicia-Fingers crossed you caught your eggie this month!

Tasha-Good luck at the dr's, I hope you have progress!

AFM-Hanging with Nick today. Trying to get stuff done but as I am putting his clothes in the drawers, he is pulling them out.

DH is super busy at work, he even had to go in yesterday to stay caught up. He has a friend that has been working for him the last couple years and he is a slow motion type of guy. He is so busy right now he is talking about having to hire someone else, he doesn't want to start losing jobs because he can't finish them by the time the people want them done. He called his friend last night, who is 30, still lives with his parents, has his cell shut off for not paying the bill and already had his car repoed, to ask him if he would be willing to work late every night to get stuff done. He said it would depend on the night, lol. The kid has no responsibilities and you would think he would want to work and start saving money. It kinda sucks because DH hasn't been home, but I know the money will be really good, he just misses Nick a lot.

Alright, I better get moving. Just a 3 day work week this week, yipeeee!

Becky C.
BeckC1210

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:59 am

Alicia- keeping fingers crossed for you!

Maureen- what a pain. Glad you got everything thought.

Shannon- on FB Rebecca Bielicki Smith

Tasha- you are getting really close. Hope she is here soon!!

I had a great weekend. Sat. night we went to a Rays game and they had John Fogerty concert afterwards. It was our 6 yr anniversary! The BBQ was fun. It ended up being just his friends. THey have 2 girls 5 &8. They boys had so much fun playing with them. We set up the little pool and slip n slide. They were diggin in the mud and having a blast. I think Brennan had a crush on the older DD!! He kept trying to hug them and told them he loved them!!! He wants to visit them next summer. They live in New Hampshire.
Brennan&Leosmama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:58 am

Shannon and Denise-Just talked to my BF. So her DH does not have the veriocele like they originally suspected. Looks like he just has really crappy sperm and very few of them. She is so upset, I guess they have a few appointments booked with specialists and they will most likely have to do IVF to have any shot at getting pg.
BeckC1210

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:27 am

If anyone has the username & password for our groups photobucket account I would really appreciate it if you would send me the info. I haven't been in it in a long time & I misplaced the info. I need it because I have pics on there that are not on my new computer & I'm trying to put together a video to show family when I get my BFP & would love to have some of those pics I posted on photobucket in it. My e-mail is karate_girl_01@hotmail.com. Thanks.
KieyasMommy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:32 pm

yeah, I know. I suck lately. Still really busy at work. Sad

So...here's a little story. Jalen woke up a few times last night (not normal). So, after a few times, I go in there, and it smells a lot like poop. So, I decided to change his diaper. Hmm....no poop. Where's that smell coming from? It must have just been his diaper pail.

Then, I wake up all nausous. Great. Then, I'm brushing my teeth and gag. Uh oh. Oh no. Please no. God no. Basically I've been nauseated off and on all day. I guess Jalen and I are making a trip to the Dollar Tree tonight.

With this 'new' pill I've been on for about 5 months, I've only gotten AF once. I was supposed to get it about 3 weeks ago, and nothing. Sigh.

Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:55 pm

Adrienne-POAS NOW!!! lol~ Maybe its nothing though, the pill I am on, Zovia, does that to me sometimes. Really freaked me out a few times. Can't wait to hear!
BeckC1210

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:57 pm

I'm now thinking I'm not pg b/c I'm not tired all the time. With Jalen I was EXHAUSTED All.The.Time (1st trimester, anyways).

I'm still slightly concerned. I'll try to POAS tomorrow.

Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next