Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC a Miracle 2009

+13
CJTTC
KieyasMommy
ajvinsh
denise73
shannon luddy
Brennan&Leosmama
BeckC1210
Tommygirl2002
Bensmom
momtoogsncjs
CJ71903
Admin
Adrienne1010
17 posters

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 7 Empty Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by denise73 Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Becky C ~ I swore I was feeling the baby at 12 weeks but people told me I was nuts. But I was DEFINITELY feeling her at 14/15 weeks. I've heard the unisom/b6 cocktail works great on some people. It didn't work for me at all. Unisom was originally an anti-nausea med but because it made you SO sleepy, they marketed it as a sleep aid instead. And I'd do Zantac!! I take 150 mg in the am and sometimes at night, too. Just depends on what I've eaten. ANNND lastly, I was looking pregnant at 9 weeks. So you're right on schedule ;o)
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:51 am

Becky- I do not remember feeling Leo move earlier but I did start showing a lot earlier with him!!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:25 pm

Becky C- I remember feeling Omri at 14 wks! and I showed MUCH earlier that time around.

AFM: I am on to cycle #5 on Saturday...got another BFN this morning. Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. TTC for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 4 yrs. and Omri 20 mths. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Job : Graphic Designer

https://ttcamiracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:27 pm

Sorry Heather
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:29 pm

Sorry to hear that Heather!
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:33 pm

Sorry about the BFN Heather.... blargh to AF!
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Heather C.-Sorry about the BFN Sad

AFM-Well, the unisom/B6 totally did the trick, no nausea today and I slept WONDERFUL last night, lol. Although I do have a little bit of a unisom hangover today. I think its because I took it late last night cause I always stay up later than usual on poker night to catch up on my DVRd shows.

Just having an overall down kind of day though. I think its a combination of missing my grandmother, work, and hormones. Work is just getting to me because I can't do any of the stuff that I love to do like the operating room and stuff because I can't be around the live radiation. So I am just stuck doing the easy stuff and get kinda bored. I could cry at anything though...I gotta snap out of it!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Moemccormick Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:04 am

Heather C--Sorry about the BFN.

Stacey--With the prune juice you can try adding a splash of orange juice to it to improve the taste. I learned that trick from a cancer patient of mine. She was so constipated and was scared to take any extra meds but she hated the taste of prune juice. Also...warm up the prune juice just a little bit (like a little over lukewarm). I don't know, but warmed prune juice always seemed to work better on my patients.

Becky C--Sorry you are doing all the boring stuff at work, and that you are having a down day. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Hi to everyone else!

AFM: Not much going on here. I have this Sunday off from work which is weird b/c this is my weekend to work. But I am not going to question it b/c Sunday nights are usually NUTS!! I don't know why, but the weirdest stuff seems to happen on Sunday night. Anyway, DH and I am perhaps a couple of his friends from school are going to Hawks Nest State Park to see the leaves change color. I am excited!

I am also going do another post an give you all a "healthy" nacho recipe I tried Wednesday that turned out awesome (even though DH said the ground cumin made the kitchen smell like armpit!) LOL
Maureen

Moemccormick

About My Family : Married to my wonderful husband, Vincent since 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Moemccormick Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:12 am

Here's the recipe (I didn't make up the title...it's what was in the magazine)

World's Greatest Chicken NachosA spicy picadillo mixture, using chicken instead of the traditional beef, gives these nachos a special zip. Serve with chopped cilantro, shredded lettuce, sliced raddish and low-fat sour cream
Chicken Picadillo
1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
8 oz ground chicken or turkey
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped (or you can use canned diced jalapenos)
1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon chili powder
3 tablespoons raisins
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 (16 oz) can pink beans or other small beans, drained

Nachos:
40 baked tortilla chips
1/2 cup bottled salsa
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken, cumin, oregano, salt and jalapenos; cook until chicken is browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in flour and chili powder; cook 1 minute. Add raisins, vinegar, sugar and tomatoes; cook 3 minutes stirring frequently. Add beans; cook until thoroughly heated.
3. Arrange tortilla chips on a large baking sheet. Spoon chicken picadillo and salsa evenly over chips. Sprinkle with cheese. Back at 450 degrees for 5 minutes or unti cheese is melted.

Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 5 nachos)
Calories: 208

Moemccormick

About My Family : Married to my wonderful husband, Vincent since 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:18 pm

Just wanted to drop by real quick. I have my second Babies' Shower tomorrow!!! So, I'm looking forward to that! We also are getting our mini-van on Monday!!! Anyone else have one? I'm not sure if I mentioned that or not on here.

Becky C. - Glad to hear that the unisom and vitamin B worked for you!

Maureen - That recipe sounds delish! I might actually be able to eat it too because it doesn't sound like it has a ton of carbs. Smile

Denise - How's it going?

Hi to EOE! Have a good weekend!
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:20 pm

Clare- enjoy the shower!!! I do not have a minivan but it will be my next car. Which one are you getting?
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:24 pm

Becky - We're getting the Toyota Sienna in Black! It got great reviews. We decided to pimp it out so it will be fully loaded which should be fun! My husband is going to drive it as his company vehicle. He really wanted a mini-van. Smile I'm going to continue to drive my Camry, for now at least.
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:26 pm

My SIL has a Sienna. They are nice!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:03 pm

Clare ~ have a great time at your shower! I hope you get lots of cute stuff. I love getting new vehicles. I just hate the buying process. How are you feeling? I'm ok. Very achy and can't wait for December to get here.

Hi to EOE. I'm off to bed. I feel like I'm splitting in two tonight. Only 56 more days. Only 56 more days (I refuse to let her be late - lol).

Oh ~ and I totally keep dreaming that our little girl is a boy.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:58 am

Clare-Have fun at the shower!

Denise-Sorry you're hurting so much.... 56 days!

Ben is 1! Crazy.... yesterday we went to the Childrens museam and he loved it so we might do a membership. Today I think we're just going to hang in...it's cold out!
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:58 am

Denise - I'm feeling pretty good. It's awesome that we're 32 weeks today!!! Would you say that the time goes quickly or slowly from here until our Babies are born?
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Kate ~ yay for being 1!! I hope he had fun!

Clare ~ it starts to go fast. Especially if you're like me and need to get a bunch of stuff done for the babies!!
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:08 pm

Denise - Yep! There is still a lot to do for our Babies! I kind of have to let other people do it for me. We have lots of clothes that need to be washed! My MIL has already done a bunch of organizing for us and is coming over to do more organizing since we've gotten a lot more stuff since then. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now. Its a good overwhelmed though since I'm so excited about our Babies!!!!! Smile
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:40 am

Clare ~ I can only imagine. I was very overwhelmed with Alexa and she was only one baby!
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:31 am

Clare- I am glad you have help getting ready for the babies!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! We had a nice busy one. We to a festival sat. night. They boys loved the rides! They went swimming at my SIL yesterday. I was happy that Brennan was swimming without his ring! He was even diving in!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by shannon luddy Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:40 am

Hi ladies!
I just got catch up on about 7 pages. It was good to get caught up on all. Once again our Internet has been down and DH was out of town for 2 wkd with the new job and of course I had no idea how to fix it lol

Thank you all for the feedback and advice. Looks like my decision was made for me, I have to have a second surgery to remove both my endometriosis again, and the cyst I have which is not even coming close to shrinking or going away. My dr said his goal was to try and NOT do surgery again ( I had this done 2 hrs ago) but he sees this as the best option.

Afterwards, he wants to see if we get pregnant on our own. We have been told before that it's easy for lots of people to get pregnant afterwards, so my hopes aren't up in that way, I am glad to be getting rid of the pain though. As of now I hurt all 28 days of my cycle. So if we do treatments, looks like we won't start until march or so. I am not looking forward to the surgery, last ti e was a hard recovery and long. I was out a solid 2wks and even when I went back I regretted it. My job is so physical though. This will all be taking place during thanksgiving too. Boo. I am kinda of bummed bc I felt like we were finally taking such a hopeful step. It just seems like they keep finding more and more things to fix. Which never end up helping. I feel like a robot just going through the motions feeling like it may be for nothing. We trust this dr and hope it works in the long run. Putting it on the back burner for now and saving in the meantime for a vacation. Thx for listening!!

Becky c- did ur friends 2nd iui work?
shannon luddy
shannon luddy

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful free spirited man, and we have a doxie pup whom we adore. We are hoping to be blessed with a baby soon.

Job : photographer/server

http://www.shanleephotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Clare-Glad everything is coming together and I hope you had a great shower!

Shannon-So sorry you have to go through another surgery, I'm glad you trust this doctor and that he knows whats best. It must be hard to think you were on your way now you have to take another detor in the process. My friend doesn't know yet, she is still in the 2ww and will find out the end of the week.

AFM-Had a pretty low key weekend. Saurday night DH took Nick and I to dinner and Sunday we just hung around, watched football, and I made calzones. Tonight DH is coming home from work early and we are meeting some friends at the Park/Zoo for the pumpkin spectacular. They have literally thousands of jack o lanterns all lit up on a path. It takes about an hour to go through and there are all different themes along the way.

Alright, TTYL!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Becky- Sounds like fun...hope you are feeling better.

Shannon- GL! I can understand not getting pregnant and woundering what to do. I hope it all works out.

Clare- WOW so close! I bet you are excited!

AFM: I am sooo bummed. Every where I turn there are babies or friends finding out they are pregnant. This has never bothered me before because I thought it came to me easy. Well I am having a very hard time this time and woundering if something could be wrong or if it is just taking longer this time around.
Admin
Admin
Admin

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. TTC for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 4 yrs. and Omri 20 mths. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Job : Graphic Designer

https://ttcamiracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:32 am

Shannon- sorry you have to have surgery again. I hope it isnt as bad as last time.

Becky- that sounds like a lot of fun!!

Heather- sorry you are feeling down. <<HUGS>>

While I was working on Brennans costume last night Leo decided to color the floor. Luckily it was crayon, dark green, but it still took a lot of scrubbing to get it up.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:15 am

Shannon ~ I'm sorry you have to have another surgery. I hope it leads to success for you Smile

Becky ~ ugh. Alexa colored on the kitchen floor yesterday. Thank goodness for washable crayons and my steam mop.

Heather ~ sorry about the BFN.

Hi to EOE. I'm dying today. Alexa was up until 1 last night. Then up at 130. I don't know why. Maybe teeth? And I didn't go to bed until 2 b/c the baby was super active. I think I'm going to go back to bed for a bit. BBL.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next