Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC a Miracle 2009

+13
CJTTC
KieyasMommy
ajvinsh
denise73
shannon luddy
Brennan&Leosmama
BeckC1210
Tommygirl2002
Bensmom
momtoogsncjs
CJ71903
Admin
Adrienne1010
17 posters

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 3 Empty Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by Tommygirl2002 Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:18 am

Clare - sorry to hear about the GD Sad But I think you have the right outlook. As long as you keep yourself and the babies healthy you have got it made!!

Becky - B's picture is great! He is such a ham!

Becky C - So sorry to hear about your grandma's health! It sounds like it won't be long if she doesn't improve. I am praying for you and the family! I also hope that the sickness is better these last few days. I can't say for sure if I think it's a girl or boy. I had some moments of quesiness with the girls and boys too, but I never had the sickness in a majoy capicity, so I am still up in the air. But I am going to go with girl simple for the fact that the symptoms have hit your hard so early on. That did happen with the girls for me! And you need to have one of each lol lol.

I'll be back for some more later. Lily arm crawls now and really boogy's and i need to go get her and a bottle too!
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:36 am

Clare- so sorry to hear about your GD. You sound like you're handling it well, though. Hopefully just a slight diet change will take care of it!
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:33 am

Clare ~ he is doing ok. He said he took a percocet this am but is pretty sure he'll only need ibuprofen tomorrow. Sorry about the GD but at least you can control it through diet and not shots. I barely passed mine. My score was 137 and the limit is 140. Hey, passing is passing!

Becky ~ cute pictures. And I know that Lifetouch actually did MY school pictures all of those years ago.

Gigi ~ LOL about Lily! Kids are funny!

Hi to EOE. I had a hormonal breakdown yesterday. But I'm over it. And I got to sleep in today so that was worth it - lol.

We are going to go see MIL today *joy* And I think I'm going to Kohl's to get me a pair or two of maternity jeans. The one's I have don't fit in my thighs from me doing spin classes. And it's actually only going to be in the low 60s this weekend!

BBL
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:19 am

Denise - My clinic's highest level of acceptance for the first test is 130. You're kinda lucky that your clinic is less strict. Smile
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:27 pm

Clare ~ I know! Most stop at 130 or 135 but our lab is 140. I won't complain!
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by Moemccormick Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi ladies! Sorry I have been MIA for the past few weeks. I read through all the old posts so I am caught up on what everyone is doing.

Becky--Congrats on the BFP. That is so exciting. I am really sorry to hear about your grandma & aunt. My thoughts are with you.

Clare--So glad to hear you are doing ok after the contraction scare. Sounds like you are getting some good loot for the kiddo's!

Heather--TTC month after month is hard and very emotionally draining. I don't really have any words of wisdom. For me it seemed the more I tried not to think about, the more I would. I was always looking up on website on when my due date would be, what stage of cell division the zygote would be in, etc. I hope it happens quickly for you!

Hi to everyone else. I know i am missing tons of persies, but know I am thinking of you.

AFM: Hmmm, can't really think of much interesting stuff that has been happening. Just been working and such. I've taken care of a few 'colorful' characters at work. Had someone with homemade tattoos who had written "Hell's Angle's" on her arm...and I don't think she realized it was spelled wrong. Had a few people in police custody (cute cops though!). One of my co-workers, Andrew, is really nice. I think of him as the little brother I never had. We work almost the same schedule and we tend to go to each other first when we need help. The last couple of times I went bowling w/DH's classmates I was talking about it at work. Well Andrew asked when he & his fiance can go bowling with DH and I. It was kinda sweet. A bunch of the young ladies I work with all hang out with each other outside of work and I think he feels a little left out. So I promised him we would do something soon.

DH's school is going well. On Monday he starts shadowing a CRNA at the hospital one day a week. He is so excited. Unfortunately he has a pretty nasty cold he's been fighting for about a week. I am hoping it's pretty much gone my Monday AM. He will get to go to all of the CAMC hospitals in the area this semester but will spend most of his time at Women's & Children's Hospital (guess what their specialty is? LOL). According to the upperclassmen that means he will be at that hospital exclusively next semester (which starts in January). He is not too excited about that b/c that means he will mostly be doing epidurals and spinal and a few elective surgeries. He wants to see some more intense stuff. But I told him that at least this way he will get this rotation over and done with so the stuff he likes to do will be freshest when he graduates. Only 32 months until graduation!!

I was supposed to go visit my BFF in VA this weekend since I have a 6 day stretch off. I was supposed to leave around 4am this morning so I could get there mid-day. Unfortunately she found out yesterday afternoon that she has duty this weekend and they cancelled her vacation day on Monday. The joys of being in the military! LOL Anyway, I will be going out here in December b/c she is graduating w/her Bachelor's degree. The only family she had left is her husband, kids & inlaws...everyone on her side of the family has died. She is like a sister to me so there is no way I would miss her graduation. The only thing that sucks is that my wedding anniversary is Dec 16th, her graduation is Dec 18th and DH won't be done with finals until Dec 17th. So far I don't think DH wants to go to VA with me...he thinks his brain will be fried from finals. But I don't want to miss spending our anniversary with him, and I know he will be too stressed to have a date night on the actual night. I'll have to figure something out...

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'll try to check in a little more often!
Maureen

Moemccormick

About My Family : Married to my wonderful husband, Vincent since 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:51 pm

Maureen-Glad everything is going well and DH is doing great with school!

Clare-So sorry you have GD, glad everything else is going well and the babies are healthy!

Denise-I have decided I am going to rock the leggings this pregnancy, lol. They are in and they are stretchy! Hope you made out good with the jeans and ok visiting your MIL Smile

AFM-I have no good news to report. My BF lost her baby. I feel awful. She texted me the other day to tell me and said she wasn't ready to talk about it and would call me when she was. I can't help but feel guilty being pg, she had such a hard time getting pg and now she lost it.

I Went to my grandmothers today after church. It is so horrible, its like we are watching her die. I tried to get her to eat, she ate about a quarter of a muffin for me and that was it.

My BIL and his GF (they have been together longer than DH and I and have a child together but don't believe in marriage) broke up this weekend. She moved out of the house (which my MIL owns) and took their 8 year old daughter with her. I don't know what happened and haven't talked to either of them. It sucks cause her and I have become pretty close and she was the only one who understands the situation with MIL. MIL is devastated and afraid that she is going to move away with her daughter because some of her family lives in Florida.

Oh did I mention Nick is sick? Lol, this has just been a fabulous weekend!

Thanks for listening to me complain again! TTYL

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Moemccormick Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Becky--oh my goodness! That is a lot going on for your family. I am sorry about your friend's miscarriage. It doesn't matter how early in the pregnancy it happens, it is still incredibly painful. I'm glad she has you to help support her, but it may be painful for her to talk to you at first. Just be there to listen.
Maureen

Moemccormick

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:35 pm

Maureen ~ I'm glad you are loving your job and that DH is doing great in school. How are you loving this weather?? I'm so happy the 100 degree days of summer are gone!

Becky C ~ (((((HUGS))))) I'm so sorry everything seems like it's crashing down at once. I hope that things start to look up. How are YOU feeling? When do you go to the doctor?

Hi to EOE. Just sitting here watching football. Chris is driving me nuts. He doesn't go back to work until the 13th and I'm not sure he'll make it until then - lol. There is a reason he's on shift work and gone for 24 hours at a time. We do not do well home together day after day after day.

I think I'm going to lay down. Alexa the Terror finally fell asleep. Man, those Terrible Twos, which crept in every now and again, have hit with a vengence. I may have to start implementing time out but I'm not sure how she'll do with it. But she is pushing some serious buttons lately. The sad part is that when she knows she did something wrong and I say something to her, she gets a big grin on her face and says "Hi Mama" and comes over and kisses me. She's a little manipulator!! Lucky she's cute!

TTYL.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:56 am

Becky- so sorry for your BF. THat has to be really hard. Also sorry about your grandma. I hope Nick is feeling better soon.

Denise- arent terrible 2's fun! Leo will do stuff like that too. Come and give some loves after he is bad. LIttle stinkers!

For the most part it was a nice weekend! Had great weather. I actually turned the a/c off and opened windows yesterday! Last night DH and I got it a huge fight. Of coarse it about him being too hard on the boys. I told him he needs anger management or parenting classes. His typical response If you dont like it you can leave. We talked about ti some after that but wasnt really resolved. He basically said he is going to let me handle it all.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:24 am

Denise - I was laughing at your post but what are we gonna do? LOL They ae cute. Olivia does that stuff too! We started time out with Olivia and she has been doing very well with it. I'm not sure if she understands completely but she listens and sits on the chair for 1 minute each time lol.

Becky C- I'm sorry to hear about your BF Sad I know it's a hard position your in but when she is ready your'll be there for her that's all that matters. I hope Nick feels better soon and so so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. It's hard to watch that!

Becky - I had a big fight with Dh yesterday too! It's must have been the day. It's was my first Scentsy party and he copped and attitude when it's time for me to leave. We discussed it and I think it's a change thing. It's hard for him to see me changing things up a bit, I think anway. But it's over now and we worked it out. I understand what you mean about being hard on them I talked to me DH about that too! Many times! Some time they just expect toooo much from a child, It's frustrating to say the least! Good Luck. It's freaking freezing here today and raining.

Maureen - I'm glad that DH is doing so well in school and YAY for Clinicals!

I think this Coldness can go away. Itsn' now feeling like Winter and we missed Fall weather all together. SO annoying! I may need the heat today! I have to tell you... Lily looks like a little parapalegic baby, not to sound all rude but she does this crawl now with her arms and her legs don't move she just drags them behind her lol lol. It's funny looking. Well nothing new going on. I had my first Scentsy party yesterday and it went great. I just need to make enough money with it to help with Christmas. With 4 kids it's gets to be expensive! Well that's all for now. Need to finish my coffee and get motivated! Talk to you all later!
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:29 am

Gigi- sorry about the fight but glad you guys worked it out. I feel like Dh talks and treats Brennan like he is a teenager. I hate to keep using the excuse he is only 5 but he is only 5. I am glad you show went well!! I have 2 craft shows coming up in Nov. where I am selling my napkins and table runners. I am hoping to get a little extra $ for Christmas too!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:41 pm

Gigi - Good to hear that your Scentsy party went well! Sounds like a nice job for you. It's supposed to be beautiful here weather-wise this week - low 70's. It definitely feels like fall lately though.

Becky - My DH has been moody lately too. He's just really on and off which isn't always very pleasant. I think my DH's problem is that he's overwhelmed with work and personal life. He doesn't yell - just sulky, I guess. Hopefully his Pre MANstraul syndrom ends soon! Smile

AFM - We have our fourth prepared birthing class tonight - get to watch the video. I've already seen one before in college for one of my classes, but it will be interesting to see my husband's reaction. Smile
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by Moemccormick Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:47 pm

Denise--I am LOVING this weather. Today it was cool and rained off & on all day. I opened the windows in every room...so nice to have some fresh air (and the rain kept the stink from the chemical plant away, lol). This is the kind of fall weather I am used to!

Becky--Sorry you and DH got into it. Hopefully things will settle down.

Clare--How exciting that you are doing the birthing classes. OMG! I just looked at your ticker & it says only 75 days to go...how did time go by that fast?!?

AFM: DH had a great first day of clinical. He was like a little kid bouncing up & down when he got home wanting to tell me all about it. The first case of the day he got to attempt an intubation. His preceptor told him to be careful b/c realy people are 'softer' than the simulation man they practice on. Well the anesthesiologist was there when he was attempting and told him he was holding the laryngoscope like a sissy (laryngoscope is what they stick in the mouth to see someone's vocal cords before they put the breathing tube in). LOL But he was just excited to try it. He can't wait to go back next week.
Well I am off to pick up some pizza...DH wants a treat for doing such a good job today. Hmmm, he really is like a little boy!
Maureen

Moemccormick

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:22 pm

Maureen - glad to hear that your dh is so excited about his clinical! Guys can be so much like little kids. Mine has been like a pouty kids lately. Smile As my Grandma always says "He can either stay mad or get over it." Smile When you said that about 75 days left of my pregnancy, it surprised me since I hadn't realized that until now Smile Time flies!

Did I tell you all that I am measuring 36 weeks as of my appt last week? I wonder what I will measure this week at my appt on Wednesday.
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by raevynnlea Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:39 pm

Hey ladies--- will you forgive me for being away so long?? can i come back and join the party??? lol
raevynnlea
raevynnlea

About My Family : Im a WAHM.... Im so blessed to be with my Boo every day!!

Job : WAHM

http://thealdamafamily.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:47 pm

Heather - Ohh How I have Missed you!!!!! I see you all the time on FB Smile
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Back to top Go down

Post by raevynnlea Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:51 pm

I dont have a good reason for being away......... i just....... have avoided people this year. Its been rough. I enjoy facebook because its instantaious and I can play games!! but ive missed you guys...
raevynnlea
raevynnlea

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:24 pm

Clare ~ Chris has been pouty, too. He's been snapping at me since his surgery and today I burst out crying. He had the nerve to tell me that it was like I didn't care what had happened to him. I told him that everytime I said anything he bit my head off so I just stopped saying anything. Needless to say he felt like a fool. You want to know what's sad? I'm measuring 31 weeks and I'm not even carrying twins!!

Maureen ~ glad DH had a good clinical. The hardest thing for me was to use my left hand for the laryngoscope. I'm SO right handed. But I got it. I was always so worried about being in the OR or intubating in the ER b/c in the field, our people were already in cardiac arrest and they didn't care if a tooth got broken!

Heather ~ welcome back!

Hi to EOE. Just trying to get my kid to go to sleep. She's had a 20 minute nap and a flu shot today (which she didn't even cry!) and she fell asleep before 8 but woke up as I put her in her bed. She's exhausted and whiny so I'm trying to get her to go down.

I'll chat at you girls tomorrow.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by shannon luddy Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:11 am

Becky c- i am so sad for your friend. I know its really hard for you too, to try and be there for her, and after you were already feeling "guilty". You guys are best friends for a reason, i know that you will know what to do, and what to say. in time. praying for her, and for you. it sounds like so much hurt is going on, with people that you love. I really hope things start to get better for you and your fam. cling to your DH and this too shall pass!

Becky- sorry to hear about the bump in the road at home. lots of couples in our marriage group at church say that they rarely fought, until they had kids. i know it was that way for my parents. your boys are blessed to have you both as parents, and i hope you guys can figure it out as a team, and that he will not be so hard on your little guys!

Gigi- glad to hear your party went good, your right, Christmas is sneaking up for sure. and i totally agree about Fall just sneaking in to say hello, and then leavingggg im so scared that its gone already. tonight the cold was so snappy i couldnt help but think "UGH, here we go again!" lol

Maureen- so happy for you DH! i know how nice it is to see our hubbies so happy and proud of themselves, especially when its something they have worked so hard for. glad to hear that you are doing good, and reaching out to that guy co-worker and his fiance, thats so sweet!

Denise- HII!! how did you like your spinning classes? i have always wanted to go..are you stiill doing them while pregnant lol? if so, good for you!

clare- yay for classes! i am sorry too to hear about your GD. My BF had it too with her first son, and once she got her new way of eating down pat, she ended up kinda liking it bc she was so tired of feeling so bad all of the time. wow, 75 more days?! is that it?!

Kate- hello to you and ben! how is the bday party planning coming along? what is he going to be for Halloween?

sorry if i missed anyone!!
I just got off work and am waiting in DH to get home. he starts his new job thursday. nothing much going on with me. my friend from work is pregnant! you all may remember, she is the one that I tried to get to join our forum after her miscarriage last year. she is real excitied and i am too for her. funny thing is, she had a dream that i was pregnant too. ha. my fingers are still secretly crossed of course! well i will talk to you all later.
shannon luddy
shannon luddy

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful free spirited man, and we have a doxie pup whom we adore. We are hoping to be blessed with a baby soon.

Job : photographer/server

http://www.shanleephotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:54 am

Shannon ~ I love spinning classes. You burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time. I'm not doing them now b/c my big butt isn't comfortable on the seat - lol. But I'm looking forward to going back to it. I hope your friend's dream is real!!

Good morning to EOE. I was up at 7 since the baby was kicking my bladder and couldn't fall back to sleep. And it was only 64 degrees in the house. I had to turn on the heat. Not ready for that but I'm not complaining about the outside temps!
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:22 am

Heather A-HIIIII!!! Of course you can come back to join the party!

Shannon-Ben’s party planning is going ok! I sent invites out so far and bought some paper goods and such. I really don’t know what we’re going to do for food but that’s minor! Ben’s going to be a Wookie because he makes this silly nose when he’s tired and sounds like Chewbacca from Star Wars LOL

Not happy…..Ben is awake after a half hour nap. I am so not going up to get him. Not cool!
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:37 am

Heather A- Hi! Welcome back!

Becky C- soooo sorry about your BFF losing her baby. How heartbreaking. Sad

Hi to EOE! Smile Not much going on with me. A guy got fired at work yesterday. I work in a small office (only about 15 people) and it was a surprise. My 30th Birthday is Sunday (10/10/10). We're going out to dinner with our neighbors on Saturday and then out for some drinks. We really like them (it's 3 other couples and they all have kids) so it should be fun. Jalen's birthday is around the corner, and I'm thinking about NOT having a party for him. Is that weird? I just don't feel like having people over...maybe you can call it laziness. But he'll only be 2, so he won't remember.
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:10 am

Maureen- glad DH had a great day!

Heather- welcome back!!

Shannon- thank you! I wish my MIL would say something to him about how he acts with the boys. She will tell him to relax but an actual talk from her might help.

Kate- GL with party planning!

Adrienne- your bday falls on a cool day this year! Have a fun time! I think it is fine if you do not havea party for Jalen. He wont remember. The 3 of you can do something fun.

I love being able to open the windows! I love this time of year. Just need it to be a little cooler during the day! My brother and nephew are coming over for dinner. THat means wild evening!!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by raevynnlea Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:42 am

Hi kate- Ive missed you Smile

Adrienne- Exciting about your 30th coming up.. its really not too bad Smile im almost through that year...I really thought about skipping alys birthday too. It was hot august. I was lazy. But we turned on sprinklers and had cupcakes and chilled in the yard. It was the most relaxed birthday EVER!!

Becky S- im with you. This time of year is my FAVORITE! Its so cool and pretty!! GL during your wild evening....

DH is still working nights.. so its just aly and I. Tatertot casserole, the new tinkerbell movie and baths. Should be a good night!

raevynnlea
raevynnlea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next