Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC a Miracle 2009

+14
mfowler08
sstjohn77
Brennan&Leosmama
CJTTC
mommaking0105
denise73
Bensmom
NicksMom1210
momtoogsncjs
Tommygirl2002
CJ71903
ajvinsh
Adrienne1010
Admin
18 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 3 Empty Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:51 am

Ok 2nd time this week my post got lost Sad
Stacey- I hope you have some progress

Alicia- poor Keiya. Hope she is feeling better soon

Denise- I am happy to report that both byos slept until I got up at 5:15am!!!!

Becky- it does get harder when they can walk into your room. I do not let them in our bed unless it is 4am or after. I know if I try to put them back in bed at that point I am not getting back to sleep and I just cant get up at 4! I am glad your brother is doing well!

Holly- I agree with Kate-it is a great picture. Good luck with the surgery. You will be feeling so much better afterwards. It will be hard in the beginning not being about to pickup your little sweet heart. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Kate- yay for your friend!

Aara- glad the boys did well at that dentist. I am afraid Brennan will have cavities. We will see in a few weeks.

nothing new with me.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:02 am

Alicia - My Dr. has nto mentioned stripping my membranes. I have a feeling she would not do it because during this pregnancy she really did not want me to take any med's no matter what or do really do anything. She is more of a it will happen when your body is ready kind of Dr. Bummer for me bewcause I would be willing to try anything to make it happen. :} The 3rd is my due date, so I am hoping I go into labor and you get a BFP. Praying Kieya begins to feel better. Poor thing, that sounds horrible.

Denise - I have not been asking what I am measuring, they just take the measurement and say everything looks good. I think today I will have to ask what I am measuring so I know. I had no clue about going backwards, meaning I have droped. That would be helpful to know.

Becky C. - Pizza hu? Something else to try I think I am going to do laundry and then go out to Target for a walk prior to my Dr. apt at 2:30 today. Praying they say I need to go to the hospital to deliver this baby, even though I know that will nt happen. LOL That is such great news about your brother!!!! I am so glad DH invited him over to hang out, I bet he really needed that.

Clare - I would have to say this is the best torture I could ever have enflicted on me. I know I complain but I really would not have it any other way. I figure being so sick and uncomfortable is my bodys way of reminding me how truely lucky I am, so I never forget or take this for granted. I can not wait for you to be on the same journey!!!

Maureen - Praying she calls you early on Friday to. I would totally want to call over and over until I got a hold of her. just my personality. Hoping you can hold back.

Holly - I am praying your prediction is correct about me going into labor on Saturday. Praying your surgery goes very smoothly tomorrow.

Aara - I am cracking up about the Wal-MArt lady hoping you had the bay on the spot. That would be a big day inthe local Wal-Mart. LOL Glad the dentist went well. It sounds like they have some good options for fixing your teeh which is nice. I hope the house viewing goes well.

Kate - Praying your friends labor goes smoothly and quickly. I ate spicy food through this whole pregnancy to so I imagine that is part of the reason why it did not work. I used to crave it actually, hope that does nto mean I am going to have a spicy baby. LOL

Still here, still no labor. I have a Dr. apt today at 2:30 so hopefully I am told my body is still progressing.
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:21 am

I feel so sick today. I am sick to my stomach, weak and sore all over. I kinda feel like I could be coming down with the flu but I have had the flu shot and H1N1 so I really hope not. I called my Dr. to let them know how I was feeling because I have an Apt today and just wanted to find out if they would want me to stay home since I do not feel well and they agreed I should not come in. I am so bummed. I know I did the right thing because if I am sick I do not want to get anyone else sick, especially any pregnant mommies that might be in there at the same time but I am heart broken. I look forward to every Dr. visit so having this one cancelled made me pretty upset. Ok, I cried a bit, but I am going to blame that on hormones. They rescheduled me for Monday afternoon. I wonder if I should call them back and let them know that I plan to go into labor before then so they can cancel. J/K LOL
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:21 am

Maureen-
I hope you can get in touch with the lady at the hospital soon. I hate playing phone tag, esp. when it comes to a potential job! Good luck!

Stacey- Let us know how your appt. goes. KFC for you that the baby decides to come soon. With my first, I was sent to the hospital at 40w3d (after my appt. that day) to be induced b/c of my blood pressure getting higher. After my 38th week I just made sure the carseat was installed and my bag was in the car. Where are you delivering?

Aara- Glad Alex was able to do the dentist. I don't know about the fruit snacks causing cavities. Both of my kids eat them just about daily and neither of them has had a cavity. They both just went on Monday afternoon. I just saw on tv this new mouthwash for kids that helps pull any leftover gunk out of the teeth. Maybe that would help Alex to get out whatever is left after he brushes. I also think that genetics play a big part in teeth.

Becky S- Have a great time at the bridal shower this weekend!

Holly- Good luck tomorrow. Try not to be too nervous. Be prepared to need about 3-5 days to take it easy. I just had my gallbladder out in August 2009. I couldn't carry Colin for a few days, but he came to see me in the hospital. I was up and walking the halls within 4 hours of the surgery. I did not have a catheter in my bladder either. They can/will give you pain meds during the procedure and will give you a script to take home. We took the kids to Disney when I was only like 16 days post-op. Of course I had a longer recovery than most b/c of my bleeding issue, but most of my patients are up and moving right away and back to work in about 2 weeks or so.

Clare- KFC for February 5th! How are you feeling? I hope this time it is for you! Keep us posted!

Alicia- Hope Kieya is feeling better today. I hate when they are sick. My Olivia was sick a TON as a toddler and I still remember those days. Thinking of you both!
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Job : RN

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:26 am

Stacey~ Being sick or feeling sick can be the onset of labor. It is a sign...I felt that way with my first pregnancy. Good Luck!
Admin
Admin
Admin

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. TTC for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 4 yrs. and Omri 20 mths. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Job : Graphic Designer

https://ttcamiracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:38 am

ok another post lost.....

Holly- when I had my gallbladder out it was day surgery. I was home a few hours afterwards. Since Brennan was a year old and kinda heavy I could not lift him for 2 wks. I did hold him while sitting a few days afterwards. I was back to work a week afterwards since I have a desk job. Good luck again

Stacey-sorry you had to cancel you appt. I agree with Heather. The night before my SIL had her son she wasnt feeling well. We went to dinner and just didnt feel good and didnt look good. I told DH I bet she has the baby tomorrow and she did! Hopefully you will not need your next appt.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:09 pm

Stacey - I felt awful the day I went into labor with both Nathaniel and Alex...Nathaniel was more of a surprise though b/c I just could not sleep the night before and all day Saturday I was blah, sick and achy all over...
Alexander I also was blah and achy uncomfortable...dizzy, lightheaded and sick...
YAY!
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

About My Family : love

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:10 pm

Jeannette - I am delivering at UMASS Memorial. I decided to deliver there since they have an NICU and no other hospital near me has one. I also like the fact that UMASS is a teaching hospital, I have always had very good luck with teaching hospitals. They seem to always be using the most recent technology and techniques where the other hospitals lack behind sometimes.

Heather C. - Makes me feel better to know someone else has gone through the same sick feeling. I am praying that is what this could be but I do not feel any contractions or anything.

Becky - That would be so great if I went into labor tomorrow!!!

Aara - That is pretty much how I feel. Just really sick and blah.

Well I am feeling a littler better. This seems to come and go. One minute I am so sick to my stomach and the next I just feel blah. Althoug I am achy all over and weak. I am pretty sur eI am not running a fever but I am clamy. I am not feeling any contractions, that I know of anyway.
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:42 pm

Stacey~ My cousin has 3 kids and she doesn't "feel" the contractions, but she is having them. I was in early labor for 2 days with back ach and not feel well with my second pregnancy, but the first I was light headed, couldn't stand, sick etc. It is funny what your body will do.
Admin
Admin
Admin

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. TTC for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 4 yrs. and Omri 20 mths. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Job : Graphic Designer

https://ttcamiracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CJTTC Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:01 pm

Kate: yes you definitely need to get a bumbo. My niece used it a lot when she was just starting to learn to sit up and then we used it a lot for feedings as well (esp when traveling).

Stacey: I hope all of these ladies are right and you go into labor soon. I can tell in your posts that you are feeling miserable. Good luck and I can't wait to see pics of Brody.

Denise: Thank you!!! The anesthesiologists bought our lunch today for CRNA week. It is nice to be recognized.

Clare: What can I say about IVF. It has given me two babies! There is a lot that you and your DH have to go through during the IVF cycle but for us it was worth it. I didn't really complain to anyone about it b/c I was so determined to have a baby of my own that the physical discomforts didn't seem like that big of a deal. Each injection, u/s and procedure brought me one step closer to being a mommy and making my DH a daddy. It was not easy. I think the hardest part is really how emotional it can be. There are so many steps and hoops to jump through to get to embryo transfer that it can be draining. I remember thinking that I am young and my ovaries are young so I should respond fast to all of the medication. That was not the case. I was a slow responder which isn't necessarily a bad thing but when you keep hearing every other day that you aren't quite ready for retrieval and every day you get your hopes up it is hard. The injections weren't bad. The worst ones were the progesterone in oil. Those come after egg retrieval and they go right into the muscle. My DH gave me those. The others were mostly just right under the skin (subcutaneous). Egg retrieval was done at my clinic in a one-day surgery center and I was given very heavy IV sedation. Don't remember a thing, didn't feel a thing. Transfer feels just like an IUI but it is in the operating room. The bloating was the worst. While taking the stimulating meds you get bloated like before you have AF. Within days after retrieval I looked about 5 months pg and I felt miserable. My ovaries were huge (grapefruit size) and of course you have extra fluid in your belly from leaking fluid from all of those follicles. I looked pg from then on. If you are pg your ovaries don't start shrinking until the placenta starts functioning on its own (around 13 weeks). So once your ovaries start to shrink, your uterus starts to lift out of your pelvis. LOL! Sorry for the long post. I am really hoping that you don't have to go through IVF, but if you do I will try to answer whatever questions I can. It was the best thing for us b/c we are able to have children when all other methods failed. I will do it all over again if I have to. Good luck Friday!

Candice

CJTTC

About My Family : Candice and Jason have been TTC since March 2007. We have endured multiple failed IUIs and have two children from 2 IVF cycles. We have a daughter waiting for us in heaven and our son, Carson was born 4-7-10! We are so blessed to have this little boy in our lives!

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:08 pm

ouch...alexander is trying to kill me...I did yoga during nap and my mat was still lying out when he got up...he had me put on the yoga and now we are exercising...lol...to bad my camera batteries are dead...lol

where's that baby stacey? Wink I know your not feeling well and I feel for you sweetie, I never understood why something wonderful had to come from so much bad...lol
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:48 pm

Stacey-Hahah we always said I was going to have a spicy baby because of all the spicy food I ate!

Candice-Thanks! I might try to see if my gf has one I can try out first with him….. Plus Matt would kill me if I bought anything else right now! LOL

My friend had a baby girl (which they knew) but they just told us the name…Hannah Charlotte…so pretty! Yayaya I can’t wait to meet her!
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:10 pm

Holly - Best of luck with your surgery! You must be nervous, but everything will be okay. I think that I would get teary eyed just looking at my baby too someday. Just to see them smile and laugh and even cry would make me so happy!

Stacey - I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling sick. That's no fun. Like some of the other ladies have said, I've heard that that can be a sign of labor. Hopefully it is for you and you have your babe very soon!

Candice - Thank you for posting that. I'm scared of doing IVF, but at the same time, I want to have my baby. We'll do what we need to, but boy, it would be nice to not have to do it. My husband and I have talked about it and think that we're going to do one more IUI in March (since we have to take Feb. off since we'll be out of town) and then if that doesn't work, I'll start BCPs in April and do the IVF cycle in May. One more benefit of doing it in May is that hopefully my sinus infection season will be over since I tend to get them in the winter. I'd rather feel completely myself if I have to do IVF. Were you guys considered "unexplained" even after your IVF cycle? I've heard that IVF is the biggest test of things since they can see a lot of what's going on and can sometimes diagnose off of a cycle.

AFM - Thanks to everyone who has inquired about how I'm feeling, etc. I'm feeling pretty normal aside from some brief cramping on and off and being exhausted. Those symptoms aren't anything abnormal for me and frankly, it's way too early to tell one way or the other right now so I'm not reading into it at all. I'm at peace with things right now - one way or another, things are going to be okay.
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by NicksMom1210 Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:48 pm

Clare-I don’t mind the boys being around…I enjoy hanging out with them sometimes too. The first few years DH and I were together we were with them all the time and I was always one of the only few girls. I am glad he still has his guy time and can do it at home! But like last night, they ordered pizza. When they did they told the guy to knock on the garage door. Well he didn’t listen and rang the doorbell three times in a row, which made the dogs bark like crazy, woke me and Nick up at 11:15pm! They definitely over do things, they always stay late and that’s why on Thursday night DH is sleeping by 7:30pm (like he is now, lol). Still sending sticky baby dust to you Very Happy

Maureen-I hope that lady calls you tomorrow!

Holly-I will pray for you tomorrow, I know you will do fine! I remember having a similar experience with Nick when we were laying down and he started touching my face, I cried like a baby!

Aara-I hope you like the house! Its sounds really nice. Oh and I would just give him the fruit snacks!

Stacey-I am guessing you are on your way into labor…just my guess Very Happy

AFM-So my brother kicked butt and beat everyone in poker last night, lol. I am glad because they need the money and he left here with $100!

So I was so excited because we have a baptism this weekend and I was just trying on things to figure out what I am going to wear…the pants that I bought right before I got pregnant are too big!!! I am about 10lbs less than I was when I got pregnant and just about 10lbs away from my goal! I will say though, things are definitely not in the same places they used to be, lol. I guess maybe I should try to exercise to put them back where they were Very Happy

Becky C.
NicksMom1210
NicksMom1210

About My Family : DH is Chris-30, DS is Nick 12mos, We have three dogs-Jayda (a boxer), Abbie (a chihuahua), and Brady (a dacshund)

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by CJTTC Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:20 pm

Clare: You are exactly right about IVF being able to help diagnose "problems". The very first cycle we did half of my eggs with ICSI (injected sperm into egg) and half we just put both sperm and eggs together to see what would happen. I not that they pick the very best eggs to ICSI so I am not quite sure what mine other eggs looked like. Out of 8 eggs (no ICSI) only 1 fertilized and that one didn't go on to develop. Now whether the better looking eggs would have fertilized and divided without ICSI, I will never know. My RE said that since at least one fertilized that there was a chance that I could conceive on my own (I am sure a very small chance but a chance none the less) and that once we were finished having babies that we should do something to prevent pg. So yes and no to your question. We are still considered "unexplained", but I think that for some reason we just don't have a lot of success fertilizing and dividing on our own. The ICSI ones did pretty well. I understand your feelings toward IVF and I can't blame you. I felt the same way. I wasn't looking foward to it but I was looking very much forward to the end result.

Candice

CJTTC

About My Family : Candice and Jason have been TTC since March 2007. We have endured multiple failed IUIs and have two children from 2 IVF cycles. We have a daughter waiting for us in heaven and our son, Carson was born 4-7-10! We are so blessed to have this little boy in our lives!

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:41 am

Yesterday was rather nice...three times throughout the day I ended up doing yoga...naptime I did it myself...then Alex woke up from nap and wanted to do it so I did it with the two lil ones...Lynn has just started tumbling all of the sudden, no fear about flipping over either...lol. Then at dinner I challenged Nathaniel to get in shape and ypga with me for 10 minutes every night. He wants to go out for track and really needs to build up some muscles...so I did 10 more minutes of yoga with him last night and he seemed to enjoy it. Now my legs feel stiff...but in a good way if that makes any sense.
I cannot believe it is Friday already...where did this week go?

Here's the house we are going to look at...it is smaller than we have been talking and I cannot imagine 6 bedrooms with such small sq footage, but it is definitely much much bigger than the little place we are renting and with more bedrooms to spread out in the sq feet may not be as bad...
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/77-Mifflin-St_Pine-Grove-Twp_PA_17963_1115462596

you still here stacey or have you gone to the hospital? I'm excited...I really think you are in the first stages of labor which can be for a couple days before delivery. That is something I found funny with Nathaniel, my mom was telling me that I was in labor all that saturday and I told her she was nuts. Then my water broke and I called her, she is saying get to the hospital and I was telling her that the doctor said that the first few hours of labor are done at home...lol...which they were, I didn't understand the difference between labor and active labor Smile
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:08 am

Aara- you were the yoga queen yesterday!

Stacey- how you feeling?

Clare- glad you are feeling pretty good.

Becky- that is great!!! I understand about not being the same. I am almost 10lbs less then when I had Leo as well but my stomach feels bigger now. In a lot of clothes I look pregnant.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

I am a little bummed today. Long story short we have a crappy mortgage. We were stupid and naive when we refi'd. We were lucky to get a 3 yr modification that is up in 2011. I called to see if we can get it extended and we cant. The only thing we can do is refi, which we cant b/c we have no equity anymore. So I think this time next year we are gonna have to try and sell out house I havent talked to Dh about it yet. I am really sad. I love our house and we planned to add on and stay there. We will not be able to buy another house b/c of finances so we will have to rent (hard with 2 kids and 3 pets) and will probably pay more in rent than our mortgage. Sorry to be a downer. DH is very private about stuff like this but I needed to get it off my chest and thought you guys would listen.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:02 am

Heather C. - I had no clue you could be contracting and not feeling it. I hope that is my case. That would sure be nice.

Aara - UGH, still no baby. I so hope I am just in early labor. That would be sooooo great!!

Holly - Good Luck with your surgery. Praying for you today!!!

Becky C. - YEAH for your brother. What a nice treat!

Becky - Not feeling sick to my stomach anymore but now everything is sore like I ran a marathon. That is horrible news about the mortgage. not sure if this could help you out but I will share anyway in case you want to look into it. When I took out this mortgage I did not get the best rate and am still paying over 300 a month in PMI 6 years later. We also have no equity in our house now because of the market conditions so we can not refinance. So I started searching for anything we could do to help us out. Well I found that the government passed some legislation for people struggling to keep their houses. They call it loan modifications. I figured we would not be eligible since we have not missed any payments nor have we ever been late but it does. To qualify you can either work with your bank or there are various 3rd party vendors who will assist but they charge a fee and if you work with your bank it is free. Escentially you just need to prove that you are going to strugle to pay your mortgage if they do not cut you a break and the bank works with you to slice your interest rate without refinancing. Then the government gives the bank assistance for helping you. It is a ton of paperwork I just finished filling mine out last night. However if you are approved it is so worth it. I was given a few web sites to look at when I first got this idea and I will try to find them so I can forward them along but if you go online and look up loan modifications you should see some info. Who knows maybe it will help.

I am still here and no baby yet! I no longer feel sick to my stomach, although that comes in waves so who knows how I will feel later. This morning when I woke up my hands were killing me. They do not look swollen but when I try to move my fingers they are very stiff and sore. I am not sure what is causing that. Otherwise I am a cleaning machine. Yesterday I cleaned the kitchen and did 3 loads of laundry. Today I want to clean the dinier room and vaccum. I guess I would call this nesting.
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:10 am

Stacey- Thinks for the info. With the neg. amort. loan. our payments actually increase our total mortgage not pay it off. Within 2 yrs we increased our mortgage by $4000. So the problem isnt affording it monthly it is the in the long run our mortgage amout will be outragious. I do not understand this type of mort. and why they even excist. I hope I come back on here monday to see you have had your baby over the weekend!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:28 am

I know one of the options with a lon modification is that the bank can take a mortgage with an arm and make it a fixed mortgage so it never goes up anymore. I think there are like 4 or 5 different ways they can handle the modifications based on the familys issue. So they can make and arm a fixed rate or they can lower the overall interest rate or they can take over due payments and move them to the end of the loan or the can extend the life of the loan so payments go down. I guess different approaches would work for different situations. I wonder if making your mortgage a fixed rate mortgage would help so the interest never goes up again and you do not have to worry about what could happen in the next 5 years.
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:32 am

If we just had the ARM mortgage we would have been able to get a fixed rate 1.5 yr ago when we did the modification. It is the negative amortization aspect to it that causes our problem.
Making it fixed would be great. We are in a 3yr fixed mod. OUr current company isnt ding modifications unless it is for hardship, which we will not qualify for. Thank you for the suggestions. Iwish I had a friend who did mortgages to get advice. DH unlce is a realitor and might talk to him. Though he is the one who suggested the sliimy mortgage broker.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:39 am

Becky - sorry to hear about the mortgage problem...I don't understand any of it myself, but I do know that we are paying at least $300 more in rent than we would be paying in mortgage...

That sounds like nesting to me Stacey...I went through waves of nesting throughout my whole third trimester...lol...the last one I had with Nathaniel was the night before my water broke, that's why I could not sleep, I was up cleaning the kitchen and anything else I could...
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

Back to top Go down

Post by mfowler08 Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:27 am

Becky--I'm so sorry about the mortgage trouble. DH and I still rent and don't plan on buying until after he is done with grad school in 3 years. I would love to own a house sooner...but this whole real estate bubble burst has made me nervous to buy anything without a big down payment (didn't feel that way before the bubble burst). Part of me really wants to take advantage of the low prices right now and the tax credit...but we don't have a down payment yet and that scares me. I wish you luck!

Stacey--I also think that you are probably in the early stages of labor. Just don't forget to rest for a little while today in case you are...that way you still have some energy for the delivery, lol.

Aara--That house looks nice, too bad it doesn't have more pictures of the rest of the house so we could do a virtual tour with you, lol.

AFM: I finally got ahold of the hospital HR lady this morning. I woke up at 7am PST to call her 10am EST. She is going to forward my application a couple of managers and let them know I am available for a phone inteview...or a live interview when I get out there at the end of April. She is also going to mail me a copy of their benefits package.
She did warn me that they can't offer me anywhere near what I am earning now. It sounds like (given my experience) they would offer me somewhere in the high 20's/hour. That will be a BIG pay cut...but hopefully the lower cost of living won't make it seem so bad once we are out there. LOL. At lease I have a rough figure to work with, so I can start cruching #'s a little bit.
mfowler08
mfowler08

About My Family : Happily married to Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:32 pm

Maureen-
I'm glad you finally got to talk to the HR lady but can't believe they are going to offer you much less than you make now. Sad I know I just finished my 1st year of nursing this week and I started out making about $29 an hour. Then I have a differential for nights so that is $32 an hour for a few hours and then $34 an hour for a few hours. And I had no experience. I sure hope that they can find you some $$$!!!
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Back to top Go down

Post by CJTTC Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:05 pm

Maureen and Jeanette: I guess I don't exactly know what our area pays for RNs now but when I was working at a RN from 2003-2005 I think I made around $16-17/hr. Crazy the difference in location. Good luck with your interviews Maureen!!

Stacey: Make sure you rest a little or go get a mani/pedi. You won't be able to do that for a little while. Hoping this is your weekend.

Becky: So sorry about your mortgage issues. We also had PMI but ours was only $75 (I thought that was a lot). We refinanced last May to get rid of that so that every extra dime goes towards principal. I am really hoping they can figure something out for you guys so you don't have to get rid of your house.

CJTTC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next