Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC a Miracle 2009

+15
CJTTC
CJ71903
sstjohn77
KieyasMommy
Brennan&Leosmama
Tommygirl2002
momtoogsncjs
mfowler08
mommaking0105
Bensmom
shannon luddy
denise73
Adrienne1010
BeckC1210
ajvinsh
19 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 5 Empty Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by Bensmom Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:41 pm

HI girls! Sorry I've been so busy lately looking for a house and Ben is just so busy! He had his 6mo appt today and he's not napping as well as I would like. Eh it is what it is...I'm just glad I got to read!
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting4baby Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi, ladies. I'm around....just in crazy busy mode. I hope my schedule lets up soon. I am still reading and thinking of you all.

Tasha - Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures.
waiting4baby
waiting4baby

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:28 pm

Tasha - I second what Holly said!
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:58 pm

Checking in to see if there was an update from Tasha!
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Job : RN

Back to top Go down

Post by mfowler08 Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Candice--Thanks for sneaking on and sharing your birth story. Sorry you had to go thru the episiotomy, but at least it's better than a 4th degree tear (my BFF had one w/her daughter). I can imagine how estatic you & your DH are to be sharing your lives with Carson.

Tasha--I hope you are holding a healthy Malika in your arms by now!

Hi to everyone else...sorry i suck at personals today.

AFM: DH is feeling better. He napped for 4 hours on the couch before going to bed. We spent most of the day working on the apartment today. Tomorrow we are going to get our new WV drivers license' and I was able to uncover our file cabinet & find my car title so we'll get our new license plates too. Then we are driving to Hunington (it's about 45 minutes away) b/c they have better shops out there. We need to find a bakers rack and/or portable island for our kitchen since we have NO storage. Don't have any place to store my pots/pans. I think whoever designed our apartment didn't cook. LOL Then it's back to the apartment for more unpacking/organizing. Our goal is to spend the night in our apt tomorrow night. My BF is talking about coming to visit this weekend...so that's good inspiration to at clear a big enough space to lay down our futon mattress. Hehe

I don't have cable or internet hooked up on at our apartment yet so I likely won't be online for a few days. I can look up my email & facebook from my cell phone so if anything interesting happens I'll post on FB. Very Happy
mfowler08
mfowler08

About My Family : Happily married to Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:02 am

Good morning everyone

everything is running smooth, getting things done slowly...lol...
I actually have a dining room table set up now so no more eating at the breakfast bar and over the counters in the kitchen Smile

This weekend I will be trying to paint Nathaniel's room so that we can get that totally done (except for around the windows that need replaced) He wants his ceiling the same color as his trim...I think it could look nice but it will be a pain in the butt to do b/c it is a darker color than the walls.
I do have pictures of our room painted, but I was hoping to wait for it to be decorated at least a little before I do the AFTER picture...

My MIL is staying until Saturday...she has been a real blessing with helping with the kids and all...but really I think I am ready for her to leave. I feel like I cannot sit down and just rest when she is here, I HAVE to keep working.

I'll check in later, hopefully to see news from Tasha Smile
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

About My Family : love

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:19 am

house pics on fb

https://www.facebook.com/avinsh?ref=profile#!/photo.php?pid=31023954&id=1560319950

the master bedroom is a romantic rose...lol...not pink, the lighting and the camera flash make it pinker
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:22 am

Morning Ladies, I finally have a few minutes of quiet time with a nice cup of coffee and time to write.

Aara - WOW! That is alot of house, and alot of work that needs to be done. But bsed on what I was you and Rob are very good at that sort of work your room looks so good what a transformation so far. It is such a good feeling to finally have a home of your own. I know when we bought ours its still a labor of love. It's not horrible but we fix things as well go. We just started upgrading things recently and I can tell you if it's not one thing when fixing something it's another. We have a very old house as well it was built in 1900. Everytime we go to fix or change something it cost more because they don't make something for it anymore or the former owners rigged crap so it wasn't done properly in the first place. But the outcome is usually worth it. I can't wait to see the transfomation of this house of yours. It will be great when it's all finished.

Tasha - I hope all went well. I'm sure you are enjoying your baby girl now and I am sure she is perfect in everyway. Congrats.

Alicia - thanks for voting if you did, if not don't sweat it it's only for fun and I know there is no possible way for her to win. I just don't know what many people to vote enough for her to win. I hope studying is going well for you.

Maureen - Glad to hear that you and DH were able to get some stuff done at the apartment. I hope you have a nice visit with your friend.

Jeanette - I would love to see a pic of this new stroller you found. It sounds great! Glad to hear that your appt went well too!! Have the contractions slowed down for you over the last few weeks?

Stacey - How is being at work? I am sure Brody is missing his momma just as much as you are missing him while at work. There is nobody to a baby like their momma's.

Well not much going on. I am a bit annoyed at the moment with Direct TV. We just got that upgrade and they told me to have the installer give me a plug kits for the internet so I can use the on Demand Feature. Well..... he told me that I have to get that from them. So I called on Tuesday evening and this gentleman found it and was going to send it then we got disconnected and I didnt have chance to call back until today. When I do now they tell me they don't carry it anymore and I have to have a 80 dollar wireless one. That is BS this other one was one 29 buck and it was wired. they told me that I have to go to Best Buy and purchase one on my own. Now why would you offer someone a service and then tell them to use it you have to go spend more money and get the piece you need to use that service elsewhere. I amd so mad right now. I have a peice of equipment that I can't use. The only reason we bought it was the on Demand and now I can't use it at all. I would be better off going with Comcast!!! I just might do that too. I am not going to pay ectra a month for something I can't use!!

Well I need to run. I have some things around the house to work on while the babs are sleeping!
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:26 am

Gigi- Let me see if I can find a pic of the stroller for you. If not, go to www.bumbleride.com and click on US and then on the Indie Twin. I got the Lava colored one. It is pretty pricey, but it will be perfect for us as I can use it as our everyday stroller. It's indoor/outdoor which I need b/c we don't have bus service here for Olivia so we have to walk or drive each day. When the weather is nice I like to walk. Our streets are bumpy and we don't really have sidewalks b/c our town is small and old. I bought it from www.strollerdepot.com
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:53 pm

Candice - Wow! What a birth story!!! I am so happy for you and your family and i can not wait to see pics of Carson.

Gigi - Sorry you are having a rough couple of days. Glad you and DH worked things out. It really stinks to be arguing with the person who is supposed to be your team mate along with everything else going on. I love the family game night idea and astuffed pork chops sounds so good. I just voted for Olivia .. Good Luck!!

Becky C. - UGH Poor DH!! Sounds like he need a shot of something really strong after that day. LOL

Alicia - No A/C and you live in teh south right!. That must be horrible. I hope they get it fixed soon.

Maureen - Good Luck!!

Natasha - I was checking in to see how you are doing. I am praying you had her by now and are in the hospital enjoying every minute. I can not wait to hear all about your birth story and see pictures!!
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:45 am

Candice - Thanks for sharing. I am glad you are feeling better Smile

Clare - when is the u/s? I have been so scatter brained lately I cannot remember if I read it somewhere. I am dying to know how many are there

Tasha - think of you, hope all is well...

I feel like crap this morning. The weather changed so much the past few weeks, back n forth and all the stress I have gotten a bad head cold and an upset stomach. Started slow yesterday and now this morning I wanna crash into my tube of vicks (that I cannot find). DH told me to take it easy today and relax, that I have been working so hard that I am getting sick...yea right...one thing is with my MIL here I do not feel right just sitting around taking it easy when there is sssooo much to do...

Check in laters xx
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:08 am

Aara - My u/s is next Tuesday (May 4). Sorry to hear that you're feeling yucky. Hopefully your MIL leaves soon so that you can relax.

Denise - How are you feeling?
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by shannon luddy Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:56 am

Becky C.- thanks for the update. I feel for the 2 of them. But atleast maybe now that they have some answers, they can move forward and get pregnant. its so hard not knowing what is "wrong" with you. although, I know plenty of people who were told they would never have kids and now do. (my parents being one of them and there are 3 of us) so, i hope they eventually can. I'll keep them in my prayers! we have not gone back to do another sample yet, boo we were supposed to go this week and its been so insanely busy so we moved it to next week. so ill keep you posted. and thanks again.
shannon luddy
shannon luddy

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful free spirited man, and we have a doxie pup whom we adore. We are hoping to be blessed with a baby soon.

Job : photographer/server

http://www.shanleephotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:08 am

I don't have time to do personals right now just wanted to share what BBC is trying to do. I think this is totally out of line. In my opinion it is just going to draw perverts to the site which is not safe considering people post info about their children on there. I know there are other sites that have this info that do not have the forums & I don't think that is not quite as big of a deal. It's just I have seen so many people post personal info on BBC that if some crazy sex affender got on there they could probably use the info to find out where some of these women live & could either hurt them or their children. If they follow through with this I may actually delete my account with them. I don't give out person info on there but I just don't agree with it. This is their post below:

Hello Moms!

The BabyCenter Editorial Team is working on a new package that will include a section about post-birth body image. We've already done a post-baby bellies slide show. Now we're taking one more step and putting together a post-baby breast slide show.

Yes...you read it right. We are asking our members to share pictures of their post-baby breasts. We know this is a very sensitive topic, so let me explain.

When thinking of post-baby bodies, moms tend to focus on two areas - bellies and breasts. Am I normal? Do others' breasts look like mine? What do breasts look like after breastfeeding? What do they look like if you formula feed? What do breasts look like that have grown as a result of pregnancy? What do they look like if they didn't get any bigger during the process? The goal of this slide show is to help answer those questions, as well as help moms gain acceptance, foster confidence and even celebrate the post-baby body.

If you're interested, let's talk details. The most important thing to know is that we value your privacy and anonymity. We know that may be the only way some moms will participate.

Your photo will not, in any way, be publicly connected to your real name, screen name or any other personally identifying information. We're looking for frontal shots of breasts from the neck to the belly button, with hands on hips. If we get a picture that includes mom's face, we will crop it out.

Because of the personal nature of this request, I'm asking that email me your photo directly, rather than posting it on your profile or in a photo club. My address is melissab@babycenter.com.

If you choose to send a picture, we'd love for you to answer a few survey questions.

What size were you pre-pregnancy?
Did they get bigger during or immediately following pregnancy?
Do/did you breastfeed? If so, how long?
How old are you?
How old is your youngest child?
How many children do you have?
How do you feel about your post-baby breasts?
It's our goal to get a wide range of body types, breast sizes, family sizes and feeding methods.

If you have any questions, please feel free to pass me a note or email me at the address above. I also ask that if you're interested, please let me know or submit a photo as soon as possible. This slide show will launch in the next few weeks.

Thank you!

Missy, Editorial Researcher

**UPDATED TO ADD** The opportunity to submit photos of their post-baby breasts is open only to women age 18 and over.
KieyasMommy
KieyasMommy

Job : Board Eligible Orthotist/Resident Prosthetist

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:22 pm

Alicia - Whoa! I won't be doing that! That's crazy, but to each their own, I guess. I wasn't aware that they were doing this.
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi girls ~ I'm here. I've been reading but not posting. My poor belly is still a hot mess from my antibiotics. Ugh. I hope it stops soon.

Clare ~ I'm doing ok otherwise. Just really nauseous. I don't know what's worse....the nausea or throwing up all of the time like I did with Alexa. yuck on both. How are you feeling? I can't wait until your u/s. Mine is a week after yours.

Natasha ~ I hope everything went well and that you're on the road to recovery. I can't wait to see pictures.

Gigi ~ sorry you didn't get the job and are having issues with DirecTV. They can be a pain.

Alicia ~ I saw that. There will be many, many people who participate. It's crazy.

Maureen ~ did you get everything unpacked?? I hope so!

Hi to EOE. I know I'm missing people but I just wanted to pop on and say hi. I'm going to go nap while Alexa is sleeping.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:09 pm

Alicia- I got an e-mail on BBC about that! There's NO way I'm showing my naked boobies on there. Even if they were the most perfect ones on the planet I wouldn't do it. After nursing 2 babies already and 3 pg's, they are a hot mess!
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:24 pm

Denise - I've been really nauseous lately too. It's part extreme hunger and part just being nauseous, I think. Eating makes me feel better sometimes, but not all the time and not always for very long. No complaints though! Just happy to be having symptoms and to finally be pregnant! Smile
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Clare ~ doesn't it feel weird to think - I'm pregnant?? LOL. And wait.....I have a funny feeling you'll be saying "I'm pregnant, with twins"!!
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:17 pm

For those on facebook take a look at Tasha's profile. There's pics of Malika.
KieyasMommy
KieyasMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:14 pm

Denise - Yeah, it's still surreal! Smile I've heard that it starts to feel more real once you start to feel movement. I can't wait to register and start shopping for my little one(s)! And I already can't wait to meet them!!!! I'm going to try to enjoy my pregnancy though too!
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy Sat May 01, 2010 12:10 am

VERY IMPORTANT....MORE RECALLS:

Yesterday there was a big recall on Graco & Simpicity Cribs:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10212.html
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10211.html

Today recall on infant & childrens tylenol, motrin, benadryl, & zyrtec:
http://cbs2.com/consumer/children.infant.medications.2.1667998.html

So far I've checked 3 out of my 5 bottles of medicine & the tylenol & benadryl is recalled but my motrin is okay. I still have a bottle at daycare & one in the car to check. Just thought I would share incase you had not heard about this yet.

*EDITED to add: if you go to this website it has a complete list of the recalled medicines: http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/new_recall.inc

Last edited by KieyasMommy on Sat May 01, 2010 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
KieyasMommy
KieyasMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Sat May 01, 2010 3:52 pm

I will be back later for persies but just wanted to make sure everyone knew about the TYLENOL RECALL

I found two bottles in my house on the recall list. Figured I would share the info so you can all check as well.

http://www.tylenol.com/index.jhtml?utm_campaign=Tylenol%20Branded%20March%20Recall?utm_source=google?utm_medium=cpc?utm_content=Recall-%20CT?utm_term=tylenol%20recall
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by mommaking0105 Sun May 02, 2010 2:14 pm

Hey everyone. I didn't forget about ya'll. Malika did come on the Wed. it was a very long day. Okay here it goes. I went in that morning to get in induced and it started to work....but then I started to get back labor and oh my goodness that had to be the worst. DH was feeling so sad because he couldn't do anything to help. so after about 6 hours of back labor i asked for an epidural because i was tired and i had only got to 7cm and about 85% effacement but still -2 station. Then after 6 more hours still no change, so i ended up getting a c-section, which wasn't as bad as I thought. She came at 6:17p.m. 6lbs. and 4oz. 19in. long. It was just so amazing. The only thing that I'm not so happy about is I can't do a whole lot with since i had a c-section, but my family is here helping me. Well actually I'm staying at my parents during the day this weekend because DH had drill. But next week I'll be doing the same thing while he is at work. My sister will be to help. I'm so happy to have my family step in since I really can't do a whole lot. It kinda has me down that I can't do a whole lot, but I know I'll be able to soon. DH is so amazed with everything, I'm still amazed with everything. She has her first dr. appt. tomorrow and I can't believe that she is 4 days old and has such a personality already.
[img]TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 5 DSCN0048[/img]
mommaking0105
mommaking0105

About My Family : I'm a teacher, wife, and mother to a wonderful daughter

Job : Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Sun May 02, 2010 3:04 pm

Tasha-Congrats, she is beautiful! Sorry you ended up with a c-section and can't do a lot now, but I am glad it went well! Enjoy every minute with your beautiful little girl!

AFM-It is beautiful here! Yesterday I had one of my friends bridal showers, we had a lot of fun. She was one of my bridesmaids, she is getting married on a cruise in July, that unfortunately DH and I can't go on. But she is having a reception here the end of July so I am glad we get to be a part of that. Plus we are planning her bachelorette party, a day and an overnight on Block Island which should be great!

DH worked again today, which I am not happy about. I know he needs to work to make money and he is so busy lately, but it sucks to be here without him. Nick misses him too. He gets mad when I bring it up, we end up fighting about it.

TTYL!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next