Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC a Miracle 2009

+21
SCJC+J
JustAMom
mommaking0105
shannon luddy
Bensmom
KieyasMommy
mfowler08
sstjohn77
skylasmom
ajvinsh
momtoogsncjs
BeckyC1210
waiting4baby
CJ71903
Tommygirl2002
denise73
raevynnlea
Adrienne1010
Motherof2boys
Brennan&Leosmama
Admin
25 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 16 Empty Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by Admin Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:09 pm

((HUGS)) Jeanette!!! I hope everything turns out for the good and you boss can just be mad! You cannot work like that.

Please keep us updated!
Admin
Admin
Admin

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. TTC for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 4 yrs. and Omri 20 mths. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Job : Graphic Designer

https://ttcamiracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:04 pm

Shannon - Congrats to your DH about graduating! That's great! I'll bet that the two of you are so excited to move on and get your own place. When will you start looking?

Becky - Hope your yucky weather day is over fast. What a nice day to curl up with a good book or take a nap though!

Gigi - That is awful about your nephew. I just said a little prayer for him. Glad that you are excited about the snow though! We got quite the blizzard last week and no more this week, but it's been very cold. Good luck getting your packages in the mail too - hope the wait at the post office isn't too long!

Denise - Happy Birthday to Alexa! I can't believe that she's a year old already either. Crazy how time flies! Oh, and the pig face did make me smile too. Smile

Candice - Glad that your doctor's appointment went well! Your nursery sounds like it's going to be very cute. How exciting that you're getting everything all put together already!

Jeannette - (((Hugs))) There's no way that you could go to work today. Why would they even want you there if you could be contagious? It's stupid for your boss to be mad. I'm thinking of you and your little baby.

AFM - Feeling a little bit better this morning. There's been a lot of drama going on with my husband's family lately too that has caused some resentment and hurt feelings. That along with the infertility stuff is weighing us both down. It's all a bit much during the holiday season.

I also am posting on this other message board and they keep telling me that my husband and I should think about moving to IVF (many of them have had success with IVF). I know that they mean well, but it's hard to hear that. This is only my second IUI and we were told by the doctor that he really believes that IUI will work for us and that he promises not to give us false hope. He's been through infertility himself before and has also treated patients with MFI like ours. These patients were told that IVF with ICSI would be the only way that they would get pregnant and IUI worked for them. I have to trust my doctor, right? Or am I just in denial? I know that I shouldn't care so much about what other people think and it's not that we're not ready for IVF, but I would really hope that if that's what we should do, our doctor would have been honest with us and told us that. I don't know - it's just been a rough week, I guess. Neutral
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:14 pm

Clare~ I am not much help...because my belief system is a little different on fertility then others. But, maybe after the this try with IUI maybe try IVF once. Is there a $ difference that is detering you or something else?
I hope all goes well I know it is hard during the holidays. I just had a big spat with my MIL.

But I think you need to do what ever is best and what your "gut" feeling is. I have learnt over the years that my "gut" feeling never turned me in the wrong direction Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. TTC for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 4 yrs. and Omri 20 mths. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:17 pm

Clare- I would do another round or two of IUI before moving on. I don't think your dr. would lead you to do something he didn't believe could work for you. It's very easy for people to "tell" you what you should do. They mean well, but I think it's easy to forget that other people's journey's are not the same as ours. Plus, it's easy to let the thoughts of others get in our heads and make us have second thoughts/doubts. I'm thinking of you and excited for your next round of IUI. Keep positive Smile And you always know that if this doesn't work for some reason, you do have other options to try.
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Job : RN

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Jeannette- that stinks. I will say a prayer that everything with the baby is ok.

Clare-I agree with Jeannette and would try a few more IUI if needed. I would trust your Dr.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:47 pm

Clare - Can I just say that I think you should do what feels right to you. I don't think that your Doctor would lead you astray. If he feels that the IUI will work I say keep going with it. I was able to get pregnant with Olivia after my 2nd IUI. But I also know that for me and DH we were willing to only do up to 5 rounds of IUI and we were not going to mover towards IVF for financial reason only. I think it will all work out and I would have faith in your doctor too! I also wanted to tell you that I understand family drama. For the first 6 years of our marriage there was always issues in DH's family lol. Try to stay disconnected from that and focus on you and DH only. It will make you feel better. Take care. I am heading up to my Mom's house tonight to wrap presents and decorate cookies lol. It's going to be fun for the kids!
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:29 pm

Gigi~ Did you get pregnant this time with out IUI?? I cannot remember...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CJTTC Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:45 pm

Jeannette: Thinking of you today. I have heard of Fifth's disease and pg and I will be praying for you and your baby. So sorry you are dealing with this. Please keep us updated.
Candice

CJTTC

About My Family : Candice and Jason have been TTC since March 2007. We have endured multiple failed IUIs and have two children from 2 IVF cycles. We have a daughter waiting for us in heaven and our son, Carson was born 4-7-10! We are so blessed to have this little boy in our lives!

Back to top Go down

Post by mfowler08 Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:59 pm

Hi ladies!
Shannon--I lovey your new picture!
Jeanette--I hope everything is ok w/you & baby. I'm glad to hear Olivia is doing better.
Clare--I agree that you should trust your doctor. Don't worry about what those others are saying.
Hi to everyone else. I am fighting a headache & procrastination right now. I really need to wrap the presents that need to be shipped out of town so I can mail them...but I am so NOT in the mood. I bought some things for my BFF's kids on Amazon. I got a HUGE box from Amazon yesterday so I thought "Yeah, everything arrived at once!" Nope...I opened it and it was the toy dump truck I bought for the little boy. The thing is HUGE! My friend is so going to kill me. I don't even know how I will wrap the damn thing. Maybe I'll be lazy & just lay christmas paper over the top of it for him to pull off. LOL
mfowler08
mfowler08

About My Family : Happily married to Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post by mfowler08 Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:07 pm

Damn, I just realized that if I O'd around where I normally do, AF would be due to arrive tomorrow. No symptoms yet. But I promised myself that I wouldn't test until Christmas Eve. Actually I am even thinking of not testing if she doesn't show until New Years since that would take me past the 6 week mark.
mfowler08
mfowler08

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:14 pm

Good Luck Maureen Smile

AFM: I am offically on VACATION for a wonderful 2 weeks! Got to love my job! I will be enjoying a day of shopping and girl time with my cousin. DH is keeping both kids so I will be able to get him something too.

Well kids are both in bed already which is okya because I am going to be up early to get ready cause I am leaving the house at 8:30am.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:06 pm

Maureen- Can you just wrap the Amazon box? It's probably easier that way! I did that the other day b/c I didn't know how to wrap what came inside Wink Thanks for your well wishes for baby. And I'm sure hoping that your AF stays FAR away this Christmas!

Heather C- Have fun shopping minus the kiddies!

Candice- Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I'm trying to tell myself that odds are in my favor for the baby to be fine. This is when it's hard to be a RN... too much reading and knowledge. I get myself all worked up.
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

Back to top Go down

Post by raevynnlea Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi guys--- ive missed you all.. life has been away overwhelming!

Adrienne- i just want to say THANK YOU.. thank you soooooo much! I cried.. but it was a good cry Smile Its good to have someone thinking of you Smile

AFM - I finally have a couple things on track, but its so constant.. im surprised i havent had a break down yet.. LOTS of praying and focusing on aly. THe family I watch children for almost stopped me a few weeks ago. But thank goodness she changed her mind. That was $850 a month (= my rent) so i was freaked. It took her 6 days to make a decision!!!

Aly is doing fantastic. I am, fighting a cold, but she hasnt gotten it well... shes not talking much yet STILL and im a bit worried, but she is starting to eat a bigger variety finally.

I am trying to help DH get some of this stuff worked out with mental health. He is working full time ( temporarily for a random company) and has no signal at work.. so i am making a lot of calls and being the "go-between" because he needs to be able to work also to pay our bills...
Today - i want to just scream!!!!!!!!! its been a terrible day on the phone with mental health providers.
The clinic that we did an intake with on monday called us today to tell us that there is a "conflict" and they wont help DH. Not sure why, no explination. SOOOOOOOOO frustrated!!! SO i called the county back again.. they wont help DH without insurance... he cant get insurance because he has preexxhisiting conditions. They said they will help with state insurance, but he cant get that because he makes too much, hes not a child or pg, and he has no "proof" of his mental need. He cant get that proof because they wont evaulate him without insurance! SO i called on office 30 min away.. FOUR MONTH waiting list.. and $450 evaluation!! ( $100 more then the other place) all up front......... I just want to scream!
SOOOO now we are back to trying to convince his PCP to help him.. but they are out of the office till monday.......

ive decided i am going back to school to become a psychiatrist..........
My life has been thrown ALL into chaos tonight.....
when we got all the crappy news about the psychiatrists, DH and I started talking... alot. He has been back home since Saturday I think.. and this week has been fantastic, Not a single issue..He has been very caring, not hositle or adgitated or anything. When we were talking i learned that He hasnt been on his ADD med ( strattera) since the 2nd when our argument happened..... NOW.. i am doing research and it seems that in children.. mood swing, hostility, depression and agression can be symptoms...
So now we dont know what to presue. He stopped taking his meds because he forgot and then lost them when he was away....
I know I am calling his regular DR on monday. Starting with them. He started taking this med like... 3/4 years ago.. and we have increased a few times throughout the years due to changes in behavior. but his aggression, depression and mood swings have gotten WAY worse, not better...while other things have gotten better.
Lately he has just been taking his depression meds only..........
I am going to go become a psychiatrist!! Thats it!!! lol... if nothing more then to save my marriage and husband..........

Last edited by raevynnlea on Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : needed to say more :))
raevynnlea
raevynnlea

About My Family : Im a WAHM.... Im so blessed to be with my Boo every day!!

Job : WAHM

http://thealdamafamily.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mommaking0105 Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:32 am

Heather A - I'm hoping everything works out for the best and you can find something to help DH...
mommaking0105
mommaking0105

About My Family : I'm a teacher, wife, and mother to a wonderful daughter

Job : Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:00 pm

YAY Heather! Go for it!

Thinking and praying for you Jeannette

Happy birthday Alexa!

Well...Alex and Aislynn are down for naps already...lol...wow is Alex ever wired, it has been snowing since sometime last night and we have about 5 inches...supposed to get more, I told him he takes a nap and we can go out.
I got Lizzie four presents yesterday, I know my mom is going to wonder about the one b/c it is not a cheap present and I will just flat out tell her that Steven (my dad) sent us a $50 gift card and we decided to use it on Lizzie. Maybe it will shut her up some...it's hard to explain but she is still "bitter" even after 29 years...and all I can do is let it go in one ear and out the other...my brother has now been in contact with him and spoken to him some, all he was ever able to go by was mom's stories about him b/c he was only 6 mths old...he found out that the past few years at least one fo Lizzie's presents from me actually came from him, now this year he sent her presents directly to him and a $50 gift card...
Rob has driven with Nathaniel to Walmart for their Christmas shopping, talk about last minute...lol...
I explained Santa to Nathaniel the other week, I think he is a little old to be going to school and arguing with his friends about Santa...well I told Nathaniel that he may choose a present for his brother and a present for his sister to be from Santa Smile he really enjoyed that idea Smile
we were supposed to go up and see dad's lights this evening and go out to the lights in the park, but that is not happening...maybe tomorrow if the roads are clear but Nathaniel has school and Rob has work on Monday...so we will see...
Anyway, this post has become much longer then planned...lol...have a wonderful snowy day!
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

About My Family : love

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:16 pm

Hi girls! Holy crap. So we were supposed to get 2 to 4" of snow last night and we woke up to 10". And we've probably gotten 5 or 6 more and the worst isn't even here yet. So, we are just having a nice little party for Alexa. Three of our neighbors will be here so it won't be so bad. I can't believe she is one Sad And how did she celebrate - by getting up at 7 this am Laughing

Heather ~ I hope things work out for you.

Heather C ~ woo hoo for vacation!! I used to live for them when I was working.

Adrienne ~ I've seem to hit a Nor'easter snag in heading out. Once the snow stops I can check on your bag for ya!

Aara ~ I say that it's no one's business what you spend on anyone!

Jeannette ~ saying a prayer and hoping for the best for you. I hope everything turns out just fine.

Hi to EOE. Thanks for the birthday wished for Alexa. She is all excited - I went to the dollar store and got her 3 helium mylar balloons which she is loving. I need to wrap her gifts and set out a couple of decorations and I'm done.

We had her pictures done yesterday and she didn't feel like smiling - again. Figures. But as soon as we're done, she's all smiles and giggles.

Well, time to feed the munchkin. I'll TTYL.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:17 pm

Denise - I feel you pain with the snow. I love snow but a little at a time would be nice. We are supposed to get 1 to 2 feet today until it's all said and done. I hope Alexa has a fantastic first birhtday!!!

Heather - I hope things get better on all sides.

Heather C- I was not trying when I got pregnant this time. I must say though. We never thought that we would ever get pregnant on our own since we had to go through so much to get pregnant with Olivia. But apparently it can't happen. SURPRISE!!!

Aara - Andrew is 12 now and last year was the year that we had the talk too. It has made it easier on me.

but I must be going. We rented Ice Age: dawn of the dinosaurs and are watching it with the boys. Later I am having Christmas cookies with hot cocoa! Yummy!
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:47 pm

Denise - Smile she won't be upset about the money part, but she will wonder and probably ask. mom just makes little comments here and there about my dad and it gets on my nerves tohear her talk about what happened 29 years ago as if it was yesterday...

Gigi - yeah, Nathaniel came home from school last year and asked me if I believe in Santa b/c some of the kids at school said he is not real and I told him yes, b/c in a way I do...well he did the same this year so I thought I would actually sit him down after the lil ones were down for naps and explain...
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

About My Family : love

Back to top Go down

Post by mfowler08 Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi ladies
Denise--I just spoke to DH's grandparents and they told me how bad the weather is out there. Hope you are staying warm & dry!

AFM: Pls keep DH's grandma in your prayers. I just called & spoke to his grandpa & found out grandma has been in the hospital since Tuesday!!! No one called to tell us! She has health issues, but she is a bit dramatic so we usually take what she tells us with a grain of salt. Well her heart medication stopped working and she went into Afib. So they are titrating some other meds on board it sounds like and will probably observe her thru Monday. She is pretty bummed b/c Monday is her birthday and really wants to be home. Grandpa is stuck at home b/c he can't get out of his driveway. I can really hear the stress in his voice. Hopefully she'll bounce back like she usually does and this will just be another story for her to tell.

I'm not feeling really good today. Yesterday afternoon I got a bad headache I then started feeling nauseated but I think it was because I hadn't eaten any lunch and it was 3:30pm tongue So I forced myself to eat something took a tylenol & then a nap. I didn't wake up until 7pm Yikes!! So of course I wasn't tired at night and didn't go to bed until 2am.

Well I woke up this morning with a bad sore throat. I really don't want to be sick, especially with Christmas this week. I still need to go out and mail my packages, but am waiting for one more thing that I ordered to arrive in the mail. So I am just vegging out until then.
mfowler08
mfowler08

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:05 pm

Maureen-
I hope you feel better quickly!
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:33 pm

Heather C. - Enjoy your vacation! That sounds great!

Maureen - Hope you start feeling better soon. Also, hope your DH's grandma is okay. It's hard to have to go through things like that especially around the holidays.

Denise - It sounds like you had a nice gathering planned for Alexa. Wow - that's a lot of snow too! We had a huge blizzard last week and might have another snowstorm right around Christmas Day.

Heather A. - Hope things get better for you and DH. It has to be hard - especially this time of year.

Gigi - Enjoy the Christmas cookies and cocoa! Ice Age is such a cute movie too. I think that they boys will enjoy it.

AFM - Just had to say thanks for all of the support yesterday. I'm feeling happier today. I had a talk with DH about a lot of things too last night and it was so nice - I'm so lucky to have him - he's my rock. Anyway, hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:08 pm

Clare ~ glad you are feeling better!! We have 20" and it's climbing. Should be about 2' once we're done. I mean, we haven't had snow like this for 6 or 7 years and the ding dongs around here are all freaked out and can't drive. So I'm staying put!!

Maureen ~ ugh, it's crazy this snow. I hope your DH's gma is better. Was she on digitalis or cardizem? I hated patients with A-Fib b/c I didn't really want to treat if it wasn't new onset but on the other hand, when your electrical rate is 280, you kinda had to do something for those people. Usually it was a fast ride to the ER for them. I hope you feel better too. I had the flu over Christmas one year and it was horrible.

Gigi ~ I hope you had a good time tonight. I want to see that movie. I just watched Madagascgar (sp) last night. I love those movies. I have both of them.

Hi to EOE. We had a good time at Alexa's party. She was way more interested in the paper and envelopes than the toys at first and she didn't dig into the cake right away. But she ended up getting down and dirty. I'll post some pics when I can.

I'm kind of sleepy so I'm going to be going to bed soon. TTYL.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by mfowler08 Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:02 am

Denise--She was on Betapace. She's been on a bunch of meds, but develops resistance to them. She said they were starting her on a medication that started with an A. The only ones I could think of were Atenolol or Amiodorone. She said it was a new drug....but both of those are old meds...so I have no idea what they are putting her on. She can't take coumadin b/c she has diverticulitis and has a couple of mild GI bleeds this last year. She also has HTN & DM, so her risk for stroke is high without the afib.
DH got to talk to her tonight and she seemed in better spirits after talking to him. Apparently she has been grilling the nurses that work there about us getting hired there, lol.
mfowler08
mfowler08

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:47 am

Denise-Everyone is getting walloped by this storm! I don’t know exactly how much is out there but our doors won’t open at the moment! I hope you all had fun at the party!

Gigi-Ooo I like all the Ice Age movies…they’re really cute

Aara-Good luck on the Santa talk!

Maureen-I hope you feel better soon and I hope DH’s grandma feels better soon too

Clare-I feel that way about Matt too. Well most of the time…sometimes he just makes me nuts! LOL

Can anyone give me an answer on this…..Ben seems to have a hard time getting his stool out. I do the thermometer either 2-3 times a day because he seems so uncomfortable. I only figured this out yesterday that that is why he’s so uncomfortable all afternoon long and cries and cries. Is this harming him in any way by not doing it himself? We have an appointment with the ped on Wed so I’ll be asking him too. It seems he has a lot of poop in there but it gets “stuck” so when he goes on his own it takes a while and it’s egg shaped and like play doh. When I help him it’s a lot like “snakes” and it’s much softer and much more at a time. I hope he’ll say to give him a little prune juice or something in his bottle each day so I don’t have to keep doing this.
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:46 am

Kate-
It does sound like he is a bit blocked up in there. Usually if the poop comes out like snakes, it's squeezing around something in there. Just be very careful with how frequently you are sticking anything in his rectum b/c there are kids/people that over time, they will start to lose control of their own rectal muscles if they are aided frequently. This happens with overuse of rectal suppositories too. It's probably the iron in the formula that is binding him up. Ask about juices and such to get him naturally going. There are some different laxatives out there, but overuse of them too can cause dependency for bowel movements. I have patients all of the time who can't poop b/c they only poop now with medicines. Once in awhile won't hurt him though. The dr. can check too to make sure his rectum isn't too tight too.
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next