Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC a Miracle 2009

+13
CJTTC
KieyasMommy
ajvinsh
denise73
shannon luddy
Brennan&Leosmama
BeckC1210
Tommygirl2002
Bensmom
momtoogsncjs
CJ71903
Admin
Adrienne1010
17 posters

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 19 Empty Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by denise73 Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:28 am

Clare ~ boo for the hormone crash. But it will get better, I promise. I am usually in stretchy pants and a spitty shirt lately, too. It almost kills me to get dressed - lol.

Becky C ~ you'll do great with Nick and Number 2. Trust me. As for turning 30, I will honestly tell you that I LOVE my 30s. Way better than my 20s. I think it's because you're more mature (LOL) and totally get the consequences of life, you're settled, and you have time to enjoy life. I'm only 2 years and 2.5 months away from being 40 (holy crap) and I'm hoping they're like my 30s. I had to put the smack down on Alexa last night (not literally, tho). She was just out of control at bed time and wouldn't listen. I made her go to bed. I laid with her and ended up falling asleep with her. I think 2 weeks is enough of a "break" from her rules.

Becky ~ I am slowly getting used to two. Slowly Smile

It's just going to be me and Alyssa today. Today is Chris's mom's birthday and he is taking Alexa with him to take her to lunch. I just don't want to go and am using the excuse that I don't want to take the baby out *I'm a liar*

I've got to go get her ready. TTYL.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:40 pm

Heather - I was looking at your birthday invites and was wondering if you can make the twin invite into a double party for the girls. One is turning 1 and the other is turning 2. I'm not sure yet if I am ordering I have to check with my hubby first but I really like it. Can you please let me know? Thanks so much!
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:00 am

Gigi- OH YEA! 10% off code is NYE10 must be over $35 tho. Smile

HI EOE!

Sorry I have been slacking I am just soooo busy with work etc. Matt is even in the studio now helping!
Admin
Admin
Admin

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. TTC for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 4 yrs. and Omri 20 mths. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Job : Graphic Designer

https://ttcamiracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:37 am

I am so mad and need to vent. DH is being a butt. I am jsut so tired of everything being my fault and him not taking any responsiblity for anything. My mom is burnt out and wants us to find someone to watch the boys on fridays. MIL does sometimes but will not commit to it. We are looking at Leo going to Brennan school 2 days a week. Of coarse this costs money so that gets brought up. It is all MY fault that we have no extra money because every few months I go out with friends and we do a gift exchange at Christmas so I spend an extra $20. The reason he sees it as my fault is b/c I buy EVERYTHING and pay all the bills. I do grocery shopping, clothing, gifts, etc. If I let him do the bills he will have a fit to see how much my credit cards are. He will again blame that on me when most of what I bought was food and stuff we needed while money was tight. It is just so annoying that we can not sit down and talk about money without fighting.
Thanks for letting me vent!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:53 pm

Becky- Been there. So now we both have our own checking accounts. He pays the for some bills and I my CCs and the others. Smile {{HUGS}}
Admin
Admin
Admin

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. TTC for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 4 yrs. and Omri 20 mths. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Job : Graphic Designer

https://ttcamiracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Heather- thanks.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:52 pm

Becky ~ I'm sorry. I've also been there and done that with my ex. Even though it was HIS fault b/c he never went to work......I would try to catch him in a good mood and explain to him that maybe he should take over the house bills. You could keep the credit card bills so he doesn't get mad at that. Good luck.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:33 am

Things were better last night. We have had talks about the bills before. He always says he doesnt understand why there isnt any money because there use to be. Well that was when he was single and he was make $20,000 more than he makes now. Plus everything has gone up in the past 10 years. I think his mom will commit to babysitting now that we told her we were gonna do daycare. Before we always had my mom to fall back on so she would work. Now that we will have to pay for daycare she, hopefully, will help
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:22 am

Becky-I'm glad you guys got to talk. Sometimes they don't get it if they haven't paid the bills for a while. I take care of the money too and Matt hasn't gotten to the point where he questions me but I know sometimes he should with the credit card bill! LOL Sometimes he's like why is this this and this a certain way. I'm glad you got to talk becuase it helps.
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:11 am

We atcually didnt talk about money last night. Things are looking better with daycare issues. I was going to ask my boss if I can bring Leo on fridays (slowest day) that MIL cant watch him. I think his mom will now start doing it every week though now so I will not have to bring him with me. The money issue was b/c of having money for daycare. We still need to sit down and go over finances but has to be when we do not have the kids at home.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Oh! Hahah sorry..... but at least the day care issue is settled! Good luck when you guys do sit down and go over finances!
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:09 pm

Denise-How has Alexa been lately?

Becky-My DH has NO CLUE when it comes to finances. I handle everything, even his business stuff. Sometimes I wish he would take over, I hate the stress of it all! We are lucky because I have my cousin who watches him and my mil does it one day a week...without them I don't know what I would do. Daycare is so damn expensive it almost makes it cheaper to not work for some people.

AFM-I am feeling a lot better, the shock of turning 29+1 has worn off, lol. DH is taking me out for dinner tomorrow night, Nick is going to stay overnight at my moms. Then sunday he wants to take me shopping. I have been saying for a long time that I eventually wanted another wedding band just like my original one to go on the other side of my engagement ring. He has been wanting to take me to get it. I am still hesitant to spend the $1200 even though I want the ring, we'll see, I don't even know if I will be able to bend my finger with it on, lol.

My dad came by with my little sister last night to give me my present. (did I mention him and his wife adopted a daughter from China about 7 years ago) She is really sweet and loves to play with Nick. They got me a gift certificate at a spa so I can go have an hour long pregnancy massage. Things are going well between him and I. We also talked a lot about my brother and his issues and I found out something not too good. Apparently him and his fiance have been using the fact that my mother and father don't speak and have "borrowed" security deposits from both of them for the couple different apartments they have lived in over the last few years. I am not going to tell my mom cause it will upset her, I am just going to keep and eye on it!

Alright, thanks for listening to me babble. TTYL!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:13 am

Becky- I do DH business finances too. Glad you are feeling better. I hope you had a nice night with DH. Eventually I want to get another wedding band too. That is nice gift from your dad. I am glad things are going well with you guys!

I have had a cold since the week of Chirstmas and it will not go away. It seems to be getting worse again. I was up all night coughing. I have to cancel my dentist appt today (not too upset about that!) and I might have to cancel my IV meds n firday. Hopefully I will be feeling better by then though.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:04 pm

I am looking for fun/ different baby shower games. Any ideas?
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:48 pm

I'm not sure if you it's new to you or not but what about the babyfood game where you take the label off the baby food and pass like 8 different ones around. Then you have to guess just by looking at them what the flavor it. Then the mom to be gets to take the babyfood home with her after you put the labes back on of course. Also the poop in a diaper one. You take like 6 different candy bars and smear and smash them up and smear each candy bar into a diaper and close it up. Pass em around and they have to guess what the poop is but don't let them taste it one lady did at my babyshower and it was gross i know it's only candy but the picture was gross! LOL. Then there is also Baby schrades too. Put the items on a piece of paper and they act them out and have fun. Like a rattle someone would get up and maybe shake her head back and forth that one you can do scharades or like a baby pictionary which I prefer! But Those are some that I know of, sorry if you heard of them before I think there are only so many shower games and it's hard to pick some good ones lol.
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:16 pm

THanks for the ideas! I wll pass them along to the host!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:14 pm

Its been too quiet here!!!

So DH did plan a very nice surprise dinner for me at one of my favorite places saturday night. There were about 10 of my friends there when I got there and it was a nice surprise! After that we went to a comedy show and didn't get home until after midnight...latest I have been up in awhile! lol

We had a huge snowstorm here today, got about a foot and a half of snow. Luckily I didn't have to work today or I would have had to drive in. So we had a nice lazy snow day at home, I even got to take a nap! Back to reality tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well! TTYL!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:31 pm

Becky C ~ sorry about your brother playing them off of each other. That sucks. I'm glad you're over the birthday thing Smile I, for one, will be celebrating the 9th anniversary of my 29th birthday in March - lol. I'm glad you were off today. I would have loved to have gotten 18" of snow. If the two storms would have merged in our area, we would have. But the didn't meet until they were closer to you.

Becky ~ I totally suck at babyshower games so I'm of NO help at all. I did hear that Florida is the only state that doesn't have snow on the ground, though.

Gigi ~ how are things going? How is school?

Kate ~ how are you feeling? When do you get to TTC again?

Hi to EOE. Sorry I've been a slacker. Things are going pretty well here. Alexa seems to be getting used to Alyssa and Alyssa is a pretty laid back baby. She eats, sleeps, pees, but is having poo issues. She's not acting like anything is wrong but the last time she went is 3 days ago. Which is normal per the pedi but it still freaks me out. She's eating 4 oz at a time now. She had her 2 week weight check up last Thursday and she was up to 9 lbs 5 oz. So she's a happy baby.

I'm still getting used to the whole 2 kid thing. I'm tired during the day but hate to take a nap b/c Alexa wants me. And I don't want her to feel "abandoned". She's also all about Daddy, too. So depending on her mood, she's either up my butt or his. And she's loving her sister. She's a bit rough but that's to be expected. She loves to kiss her but she presses her hand on Alyssa's soft spot - lol.

I'm doing pretty good for my weight loss. I've lost 23 of my 28. I'll see where I am at my 6 week check up and will do Weight Watchers points if I need to.

Enough about me. I'm getting ready to relax a bit before Alyssa wants to eat again. And I need to go fix my tickers! TTYL.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:36 am

Becky- I am glad DH planned a nice night for you! Also nice that you didnt have to work during the storm.

Denise- Good job on the weight loss!! The transition from 1 to 2 can be hard. Sounds like it is going pretty well though and it will get easier!!

Nothing new with me. DH is going to a church retreat this weekend. He will be gone sat. morning until sunday afternoon. Brennan is looking forward to our fun night! I told them we can rent a movie and camp out in the livingroom! We are borrowing my parents airmatress b/c I am not sleeping on our hard floors!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:24 pm

Hey ladies! Sorry I've been MIA. I suck.

Becky S- Sorry about your issues with your DH. Been there! We have separate checking accounts. DH pays certain bills, I pay certain bills (and keep my CC balance to myself) and we take turns buying groceries and paying the babysitter. I still end up paying more though, and he makes more. Rolling Eyes Jerk. He did recently learn that I live paycheck to paycheck....and I know that he doesn't....

Becky C- Glad you had a good time for your bday! I thought 30 would be hard, but it ended up a piece of cake for me (other than staying up till midnight...that was tough). I already felt old, so I was ok with it! Very Happy

Hi to EOE! Very Happy I've just been busy cookin' stuff from scratch and workin' my butt off. Ahh...tax season has begun.

http://adriennesfoodadventures.blogspot.com/
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:17 am

Hi Ladies - I have missed you all so much. Sorry I have been MIA but I have been really sick. As you know I have Multiple Sclerosis, well I ended up having another episode. This one impacted my vision which has been very scary!!! Needless to say I have no been able to read or post because I could not see and then just my luck on top of that I got the flu. I am feeling better now and my sight is coming back slowly but surely. I am going to try to keep up from here.

Quick Question: Brody was sleeping through the night finally, we got about a month worth, but all of a sudden he has started waking up in the middle of the night screaming. He does this maybe twice a night and he does it during nap time occassionally. I feel so bad for him and have no clue what I can do if anything. I do not hink it is gas or a tummay ache but have no clue what it is. In fact6 tonight I am working the overnight shift frpom home and he has gotten up screaming once already and has been crying in his sleep the rest of hte night. Has anyone else gone through this?
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:02 pm

Stacey ~ I'm glad you're feeling better Smile As for the waking, he's almost 1. Check his mouth because he could be getting his one year old molars in and they are some rough teeth to cut. They're flat so it takes awhile to cut through. As an experiment I would give him some motrin before he goes to bed. If he's playing during the day, they pain may not bother him but since he's trying to sleep, the pain could be getting to him. Good luck.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:47 pm

Denise - Thanks for the advice, I will try that. I just read your birth story. WOW, I heard it could happen really quickly once you have had a child already. Alyssa is so beautiful. How does her big sister like her. Has she adjusted yet. Alexa is getting so big, I could not believe how big she is in the pictures.

Brody's 1st birthday is only 3 weeks away. I can not believe how quickly time has flown by. We are throwing him a Jack's Big Music birthday party. Since there is absolutley no Jack's Big Music stuff anywhere I ended up making the invites myself and will also make the Thanks You cards. I am trying to figure out how I can make some sort of banner or characters I can hang around the house to decorate. That is going to be hard since I want it to look good and not like I printed a bunch of stuff out on my computer. I am also making his cake. I am planning to make a Drum using Fondant. I know you can buy edible prints that you put on a cake and someone happened to have one of the characters from the show but I really wanted to find just the text from the front of thier drum so I could put that on top of his cake. No one has it so I will have to think of something else. We are so excited. We figure for the part everyone could come over and just play instruments. We have tons of instruments because DH and I have been collecting them for a long time now. Brody's party is on Feb 5th but his Birthday is on Feb 3rd. DH and I decided that from now on we will always take Feb 3rd off and do something special with him, just us. This year we are going to take him to the New England Aquarium. I figure he will love that.

I had my Apt with my neurologist yesterday. She said I am dcertainly having an episode so I am scheduled to get an MRI of my brain tomorrow morning. They are fairly sure that they will see active leasion's. Then I got back to meet with her next week and she is going to schedule me to go to the hospital for 5 nights to get Steroid treatment. I am really not looking forward to that but if it will make my vision go back to normal then I will do what I need to do.
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by mommaking0105 Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:38 am

Stacey - Sorry to hear about you having an episode. I hope they can help you fast. That is neat what you are doing for Brody's 1st birthday.

AFM - Malika is just growing like a been stock. I've already started to think about a theme for her. But it is so hard. My mom says to just take her to McDonald's and I was like no she will have a party, even if it is just family. Well I was walking in Walmart and thought she could have a Princess and the Frog theme and Walmart didn't have too much then I looked and saw the cutest 1st birthday winnie the pooh. She really doesn't have a favorite favorite character. She likes Elmo, Winnie the Pooh, Frogs and probably anything you put in front of her. But I'm just so overwhelmed with stuff lately I really need to just take a day to get everything done. We have decided to move to the city I teach and Malika go to daycare so that it will be easier for us when DH leaves for a year. We are trying to get money straight for that and still be able to do what else we need to do. Malika is growing and growing and just a joy to be around. Sometimes I just sit and watch her and think wow almost 9 months ago she couldn't do anything put cry, eat, poop, and look at you. Now she crawls and pulls up and laughs. She has the most wonderful laugh and smile that no matter how bad my day has been or how worried I get about stuff when I pick her up from daycare or just hold her just smiles and everything just goes out the door. I never knew that I would have that feeling. But I'm so looking forward to this move and DH deployment to start and get over with so we can start for #2.
mommaking0105
mommaking0105

About My Family : I'm a teacher, wife, and mother to a wonderful daughter

Job : Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:13 am

Stacey-Sorry you are going through another episode Sad . I hope things are back to normal for you soon. I can't believe Brody is going to be a year already! Time flies doesn't it?

Tasha-Glad everything is going well!

AFM-Nothing much is new. The Pats are playing today so that is what my day will consist of with a little food shopping and cleaning before. DH is going out to watch the game, he never goes out, so I'm glad he is. (But it will be a little lonely watching the game and yelling at the TV by myself, lol)

Nick has his show tomorrow at the Little Gym. I am debating on whether or not to sign him up for the next session. Towards the end of it is when I am due and we will have to miss the last month or so of it. I was just going to sign him up after the baby is born and take the baby to my cousins for the hour so he could get used to her and then Nick and I would go and do something just the two of us. But he just loves it so much I don't know if I want to skip this session.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday! TTYL!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next