Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!!

+8
kariweber
KoopMomma
mommy2monkeys
newlywed514
southernbelle
shell516
Mattiegrl
denise73
12 posters

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!! - Page 13 Empty Re: BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!!

Post by Betina1380 Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:23 pm

Hello hello!

Ang - Oh man, I feel your pain on the time thing. DH and I just had that same "discussion" this weekend. I actually was in our closet crying just to get a few minutes to myself when he found me and it went from there. He has so many things that he does all the time, and since he works the afternoon shift (4pm to 2am) I'm home in the evenings a lot with Jack. I don't mind it at all, I love the time we have together but it seems like every time I want to do something with friends or whatever I have to find a sitter, whether he's working or off. And I'm sick of asking people to watch Jack just so I can go out for a bit (and it's not like I'm going out a lot). Anyway, I feel ya lady! As for the money...money is stupid. And don't sign anything if you don't want to do it...he can't buy a rental place without you signing the closing as well, unless of course he's doing it on his own.

Shell - Thanks for the pep talk about having #2, it helped! Smile Boo hiss about the allergies! Hopefully you can get some help on Tuesday and not be miserable anymore.

Denise - Yay for a hb! That's awesome! And I'm sure it helps put your mind at ease a bit. When do you go in again then?

Tara - I had a hard time with Jack's birthday too...he wasn't a baby anymore and it was tough. But he's still your little man and always will be. Even if you are down, come here and tell us about it. We can help or at the very least tell you that we love ya and you're not crazy!

Misty - Bummer about colic. That's awesome that you were able to do research and figure out the hind/fore milk thing. Does that still seem to be helping her? I hope so!

My ultrasound is a week from today! I can't believe I'm 19 weeks today...it's SO crazy how fast this is going. It went fast last time as well, but this time it seems even worse. Maybe it's because we have NOTHING ready for the baby yet and at this point last time, we had been buying diapers, clothes, etc. Oh well...I've been told that's how it works with the second! Haha!

Working today and bored. Thankfully I go home in 30 minutes or so. I suppose since I am leaving soon I should wrap a couple of things up. Catch you all a bit later!

Betsy

Betina1380

About My Family : I have one amazing little man, Jack and another on the way!

Back to top Go down

BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!! - Page 13 Empty Re: BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!!

Post by denise73 Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:30 pm

Mattie ~ I'm no help on the BF thing. Alexa was a bottle baby and this one will be one, too. As for the tantrums, I do like Shell and ignore it. She'll continue to cry for a bit but then realizes that I'm not paying attention to her and she quits.

Shell ~ oy your poor cousin. Well, it is a totally normal part of growing up and they just need to tell her that it's not appropriate. I'm sorry your allergies are horrible. So are Chris'. Mine *knock on wood* aren't really bothering me.

Misty ~ how is Miss Ollie and Mr. Trey doing? Anything new with your mom?

Ang ~ sorry about the issues with DH. I agree you need to make him sit and talk it out with you. You deserve "me" time. And Chris used to be like that with money. Drove me crazy. Well, he and I both had to do bankruptcies due to our ex-es. So we both held our money close to us. But we've also come to realize that we are responsible with money and he's gotten much better. When I told him I wanted to stay at home, he fought me so hard. Well, a year later, we are still putting money in the bank, still paying our retirement, our bills are paid early, and we have no problems. Men are just weirder than women.

Tara ~ how are you feeling (your knee)?

Brandy ~ wow, 31 weeks! Your pregnancy is flying by. I love the new name but boo on those people who gave you grief for Emmerson.

Betsy ~ sorry about the binky cutting. You may just have to cold turkey him. It'll suck but it's gotta be done, right.

I'm getting ready to go lay down. I'm sleepy. We're watching the Penguins play. Alexa is in bed. We're supposed to be having breakfast with his mom tomorrow - joy.

Have a good night.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by shell516 Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Denise - I know, I feel bad for her too. She was completely blindsided by it. It's so nice outside today! Yay! How are you feeling? Hope those meds are helping the infection! Hope breakfast with your MIL went well! I got an email from PF saying that my first lesson was shipped. Very Happy I know I can study online but I'm old fashioned learner. I like stuff in front of me, not on a computer screen. KWIM?

Betsy - Good, I'm glad my pep talk helped! Smile Like I said, I think ANY Mom having baby number two has some sort of guilt, regardless of why. It's perfectly normal just don't let it consume you! If and when it does, just come here and vent. Yes, I'm hating my allergies right now. I've been so miserable but it's supposed to rain this weekend so hopefully it will wash away some of this yucky pollen. Oh and you're totally right about not having everything ready for baby number two. I think it's because we feel more secure in that we know what we're doing so we don't feel the need to rush. After all, all they really NEED is food, clothing, diapers, and LOVE!

Hi to EOE. I'm off today so it's laundry and cleaning time! Last night, we had a little incident. We had just finished dinner and I was cleaning up the kitchen when Delaney started banging on the refrigerator yelling for yogurt. DH and I both told her no repeatedly which resulted in her throwing her famous diva tantrum. I ignored her until I heard water spraying. I ran over to the fridge to find that little Miss had yanked the water line that runs from the ice maker through the floor to the main water lines. Water was spraying EVERYWHERE! After DH turned of the water we found out she literally ripped the hose so off to Home Depot DH and my Dad went. Come to find out, my lovely refrigerator isn't like most. The water line doesn't connect into the back of it, instead it goes THROUGH the fridge all the way to the front and connects at the bottom. WTH? Basically, DH and my Dad didn't feel comfortable working on it because they weren't exactly sure how the line was fished through. For right now, we have the valve for the water line to the ice maker shut off until I can get someone out here to fix it. UGH!

I'll BBL!
shell516
shell516

About My Family : My name is Shelley (29), my DH is Ryan (31) and we have two kiddos, Dylan (6) and Delaney (2)

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:50 pm

Shell - OMG I can't believe she did that!! That girl is going to keep you on your toes!! And you did do the Penn Foster stuff!! For the billing and coding?? That's awesome. I'm like you. I had to wait until I got the materials in the mail because I can't read off of the computer screen. I've been feeling not so well so I still haven't finished my last two lessons. I need to suck it up and get it done.

Betsy ~ wow, in one week, huh? That's great. I go back May 11th for the dating u/s. Should be interesting.

Sorry I've been slacking. My belly - oy. I don't know if it's m/s or if it's the antibiotic or a bit of both. I find that when I eat I feel better, but then I'd have to eat all day long and that's not good. I did, however, find a full bottle of phenergan that I had from Alexa that actually just expired in December (which means it's still good....) so I took one last night and slept until 11 today! Chris is home so he got up early with Alexa and let me sleep. I still feel like I could lay back down again. I promise to try and catch up.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by shell516 Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:20 pm

Denise - Tell me about it! I told you girls are a handful! Oy. I thought I was weird for waiting for the materials in the mail. LOL DH was like "Why don't you just get started online?" Ummm, because I don't want to! I want the real deal in front of me. I hope your belly starts feeling better. Yay for finding the bottle of phenegran and for Chris letting you sleep in today! That's great! Don't stress, you're preggo so now you officially have an excuse to be a slacker. Very Happy

AFM, I picked Dylan up from school then got the bright idea to go to Home Depot for some outdoor plants and flowers that I needed. Our trip ended a little early when I broke out in hives just from picking up a plant. Dylan noticed the hives before I did. He said "Mommy, you have hives on your arms and chest!" Yes, my poor child knows what hives look like and knows that I'm having an allergic reaction before I do. Nice, huh? Anywho, off to check on the crock pot and do homework with my little man!

BBL!
shell516
shell516

About My Family : My name is Shelley (29), my DH is Ryan (31) and we have two kiddos, Dylan (6) and Delaney (2)

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:13 pm

Shell - lol at Delaney. Wow.

Denise - Let the 1st trimester tiredness begin. I felt like i could sleep for days.

So, i think we are going to apply for disability for my mother. She definitely needs it. Every since her back surgery a few years ago its all been down hill. And now a back surgeon is telling her that the cages in her back are slipping up and down still causing her pain because something didnt calcify. Plus now hip problems. Oy.
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

About My Family : My little boy is 3, daughter will be 1 in March, my husband is over-the-hill, and i am halfway up it.

Job : Nursing Student

Back to top Go down

Post by shell516 Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:37 pm

Misty - Wow, I didn't realize your Mom had so many medical issues. It sounds like applying for disability might be a good idea. KUP! As for Little Miss, she's quite the firecracker. I think she was trying to teach me to NOT ignore her tantrums because of what she might get into! This one will absolutely give me gray hairs in the years to come. Watch out for Ollie! J/K
shell516
shell516

Back to top Go down

Post by KoopMomma Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:34 pm

While I'm waiting for Kamden to unwind and fall asleep so I can finish his blanket for his party I thought I'd catch up on some posts!

Misty - I agree. Babies are way too fun. Smile I'm anxious to have another. Poor Ollie! It sounds like the changes you're making to your nursing schedule is doing the trick! KUP! I hope all goes through for your mother with the disability. My mother has collected full disability since I was in junior high and I remember the frustrations with getting it all going for her.

Denise - Um...actually, "internet screaming" about wanting a baby helped, but not for long. LOL I'm sure that you're just having stretching and all is great with your new little bean. *EDIT* I never thought I'd say this, but YAY for the infection! LOL At least you know that's likely the culprit and not a problem with Bean.

Shelly - Kamden turned two today. Smile Jeff and I had actually said that the farthest apart we would want to have kids is 4-years. I'm planning to homeschool Kam so maybe that'd be best. Really I don't want to have another until Kamden is potty trained. We're starting out really well but we have a way to go yet. I know I'm a "youngin'" but I also have some health issues that can cause my time to be cut shorter by quite a bit. God's in control though and it'll happen when it should. I'm so excited for you that you got all signed up for school. That's great! Yes, I'm partly having issues with Kam's birthday because of baby fever. I'm SO grateful for him and the miracle that his little life is... I just know we're getting close to the "No Mommy. I don't need you. I can do it," and it ALREADY breaks my heart...

Mattie - I miss talking with you too. Hopefully we'll be able to again soon before Owen gets here. I know that will take up all the free time you have now (in a good way)!

Brandy - I can't believe it. I'm not really dealing with Kam being two so well, but he's doing and learning so much lately it just keeps me fascinated. Jeff and I are still working on money issues. *sigh* There will be a big chunk of the AFM section about that little bit. I love the name you picked! Sorry to hear you got flack for Emerson. I think it's adorable! I can't believe that you're so close to your due date!

Betsy - *sigh* I know you're right. And really, I know now isn't a good time. It's just scary to think if we wait too long, it WILL be too late. When will you find out what you are having? (or are you?) LOL Thank you for reminding me I'm not crazy. There are a LOT of days I have serious questions about that.

Angie - Dang lady... Sorry to hear things are so strained! It's somewhat the same with Jeff and I. I tend to resort to, "I've done ALL this BY MYSELF for the last YEAR," which makes him resentful and tacky. It's just bad. I'm praying for you and DH. It's going to get better. I promise! I'm glad I'm not the only one "suffering" with baby #2 fever. It's killing me.

AFM: Whew....are ya'll ready?

Kam's Stuff: Kamden turned 2 today Smile We gave him a big wagon and haven't been able to keep him out of it all day. I have a video on FB and will have a couple more tonight as well, so check them out if you have time. We went for his 2 year well child check today and he's 27.5 lbs (44%) and 35.5 in (85%). They were of course checking for delays related to his "brain anomaly" and found NONE. He's on target or ahead in just about everything and blew the doc away with his speech. I was asked how many words he uses regularly and got a shocked look from the doctor when I told him I stopped writing on the list when he hit 230 words.

Jeff's Stuff: He's totally registered to start summer classes on May 24th and we just have to wait for the class book list to be ready to go and buy his books. He's still having fun working on his Jeep and seems to be readjusting to "normal" life a bit more. Ugh and as I said that he had a freak out on Kam for not sitting down to get his jammies on and slammed him into a sitting position on the ground. The spending is still BAD. He went to an appointment this week that I couldn't make with him and it wound up turning into a trip to a store too. $100 later he was home and I thought we'd be okay. WRONGO. Got a notice about a returned check today. AUGH. I did get the two "fun accounts" opened last week, so I moved money out of mine to cover us until he gets paid again. We had a talk about it today and tomorrow I take over his debit card. He'll have one for his "fun" money, but any from the shared account (for gas, etc) will be cash only. My bestie/"sister" is going to help me look over our budget, figure out cut backs and teach me to be mean about the spending. LOL

Me Stuff: I was feeling REALLY good about the knee injections...then I took Kam for a walk in his new "way gone" tonight and just going around the block at a snail's pace made it flare up and it's tight against my jeans and is on fire tonight. Blah... I still have time to see how it works, but it was sort of discouraging. I'm so frustrated with Jeff over money and his irresponsibility around the house, I've lost all desire to even TRY for sex with him. After having a discussion with him about not having a sex drive anymore, he spent the night humping, groping and "tickling" my body until I finally asked him to stop. It's hard enough to have a drive when you are friggin living WITH YOUR PARENTS, but then to pile on the other frustrations on top of it, it's just too much. Not to mention Kam still co-sleeps (I know...) but just for the record, it's not inhibited "activities" before. It's just next to impossible to get him INTO his bed. We have so little room in the house (our room) that extra blankets and things end up on his bed and there's no where else to put it. In addition, since he shares our room it makes it hard to allow for CIO and all that.... *sigh* We start getting the big GI Bill checks in late June, so maybe not much longer. I just need things to improve...just one area of improvement with Jeff would mean the world.
KoopMomma
KoopMomma

About My Family : We were 2 on 8/26/06 and became 3 on 4/22/08.

Job : SAHM/Volunteer work for church

http://www.jeffntara.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shell516 Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:55 pm

Tara - Whoa lady! Nice post! First of all, Happy Birthday Kam! I'm sure he'll be enjoying his new "way gone" for years to come. Those things are great, my kids love theirs. I'm sorry the knee is giving you a hard time, prayers coming your way! Sorry you're having issues with Jeff regarding money. Hopefully having his own "fun" money will help. Once it's gone, it's gone. Glad to hear you're having a friend look over your budget. Sometimes we miss things just because we're so used to seeing it each month. A fresh pair of eyes could never hurt! As for Kam growing up and not needing you as much, I promise you'll be pleasantly surprised. I was afraid of the same thing with Dylan but now he just needs me for different things. He needs help with his homework, still needs help tying his shoes and just needs me in general, emotionally. Don't worry, the book isn't over - you're just entering a new chapter! Very Happy

Goodnight ladies - see ya tomorrow!
shell516
shell516

Back to top Go down

Post by shell516 Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:59 pm

Ugh, I hope someone is out there to chat with. I've been so nauseated ALL day with a killer headache and heartburn. Of course, you know what nervous nelly is thinking.... I'm so freaking paranoid about getting preggo again! I'm on NuvaRing but I still worry. AHH! Plus, I had two muscle cramps in my foot last night and I used to get those constantly when I was preggo with both kids. I know it can be a vitamin deficiency causing them as well but it still worries me. I know it sounds kinda crazy but I think I might test just to ease my mind. Someone please tell me to calm down and that I'm losing my mind!
shell516
shell516

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:20 pm

You're fine!!! I think you're nauseated from the allergies - all of the post nasal drip and such. And then the foot cramps, eh, they can be from anything. When is your AF due? And you know if it was me, I'd test ;o) Keep me posted.

Hi to EOE. I've totally been a slacker but I feel like poo. I think the antibiotic is making me feel worse. I'm ready to be done with it (Monday!). I'm getting ready to head to bed. I'm actually very nervous for Chris to go back to work on Sunday. It's been nice having him here to take care of Alexa while I napped and such. I'm not going to be able to do this!!!!
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by shell516 Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:29 pm

Denise - Thank you! You know we're two peas in a pod....I already tested. BFN! Woo hoo! I think you're right, it's probably all the post nasal drip since I'm not on any meds right now. I'll be so happy for Tuesday to get here so I can get this allergy testing done and get back on SOMETHING! I hate to sound horrible for being all negative about being preggo but I've got my two kiddos and I love them to pieces but no more, please. Very Happy I'll admit, the next month or two will be tough on you but you CAN do it! It was a huge adjustment for me when I got preggo with Delaney. I had to learn that dirty dishes in the dishwasher and a not so clean kitchen floor was not a crisis. You'll need to do what is absolutely necessary and the rest can wait for the second trimester when you get your energy back! Take it easy and just remember, this too shall pass! (((HUGS)))

Okay, I'm all better now. Sorry for the freak out. Hehe.
shell516
shell516

Back to top Go down

Post by newlywed514 Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:12 pm

Hey Guys! I'm so glad Shell sent me the link, I thought I had lost you guys!

Life has been crazy the past 6 months, family issues, counseling, etc. but things are back on track and better than before so I'm happy. I have major baby fever right now but I'm just not sure the time is right but I keep thinking I'm not getting any younger! LOL

Denise- CONGRATS! I'm so happy for you guys!

Misty- How are you guys?

I scanned through, but I've missed a ton. I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Shannon
newlywed514
newlywed514

About My Family : I am currently going through a divorce and I have an amazing little boy named Aiden.

Job : Legal Assistant

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:55 am

Yay Shannon - I keep meaning to write and see how you are but then something always comes up. Glad to hear things are better.

Shell - glad the test was negative

Hi to eoe. I'm dying. This antibiotic has made me very nauseous and given me diarrhea. I just want to lay around but can't because Chris is at work*cry* I'm done with it tomorrow so hopefully I'll be better. Love and miss you.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by shell516 Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:32 am

Good morning ladies!

Shannon -Yay, you came to visit! I'm so glad I forwarded you the link, now we'll get to hear from you more often!

Denise - Poor thing, I hope discontinuing the meds helps you. It's tough when you're alone with the kid(s) and DH is working. Been there, done that. KUP!

AFM, I had an icky weekend. I was pretty much nauseated the entire weekend. I have never been so excited to be stuck with forty needles - tomorrow is the day! (Although, I'll admit, I'm secretly hoping they've changed the way they test. Those stinking needles hurt - ouchie!) Plus, I stayed up 'til 12AM with my nemesis, aka the china cabinet project, and then Dylan had one of his sleepwalking nights. I'm beat! Hope the day goes by quick because my bed is ALREADY calling me!

Oh and on a cute note, Delaney's newest phrase is "Whoa Momma!" I vaguely recall saying that when I changed a poopy diaper this weekend. Little parrot. Very Happy

I'll BBL!

P.S. Quick question since my Mommy brain isn't working....when do you take LO's out of their cribs? Delaney has been getting her little chubby arm stuck in the crib the last few nights so I'm thinking it's time to move on. However, since the kiddos share a bedroom and I had intentions of getting them bunk beds (as per Dylan's request), I was wondering if now would be a good time to make the transition? She'll be two on May 27th.... Input, ideas??
shell516
shell516

Back to top Go down

Post by shell516 Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:44 am

Just another reassuring note for you ladies expecting #2...

I've learned that it's MY job to make sure that the kids develop a bond and it will be THEIR job as the years go on to make sure that bond grows. I've always taught Dylan that his little sister needs him to protect and love her. I'm constantly telling them to love eachother and be friends. Sounds corny, right? It works. Dylan ADORES his sister. He tells me all the time that his sister is his best friend. Delaney, as much of a wild woman as she is, she's constantly copying things he does or bringing him a snack if I give her one, etc. We were in Home Depot yesterday (geez, I live there, huh?) and they were riding side by side in one of those race car carts and Dylan was hugging Laney and she was rubbing his head in return. It's not all peaches and cream, though. Do they bicker? Yes. Do they fight over toys? Absolutely. But at the end of the day, I know they love eachother and one would be lost without the other! Very Happy

Have a GREAT day!
shell516
shell516

Back to top Go down

Post by Betina1380 Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi ladies!

Shell - Glad you tested and got a BFN (since that's what you want, I'd be thrilled for you if it was a BFP! Razz ). It's hard when you're not in the position to want to be pregnant and have to go through those worries. Hope tomorrow's appt goes well...and quickly so the needles aren't too bad! Thanks for the sharing about Dylan and Delaney! I'll keep that in mind! Oh and the crib thing...we put Jack in his big boy bed just after he turned 2 and he did great with it.

Denise - Hopefully you'll start feeling better now that you're not on the meds as of today! Yay!

Shannon - Hi! Welcome back! I just got back myself, life gets so crazy sometimes. Glad to hear things are well!

Tara - Wow love, you've got a lot going! Glad you're doing separate accounts, I bet that helps a lot. And it's understandable about the sex drive, Jeff has been gone for so long, it doesn't just kick back in, or at least I wouldn't think so. And being at your parents makes it hard, and Kam in your room makes it even harder. As far as I'm concerned, that's 3 strikes against you. Hopefully you can move out soon and things will change for the better. Glad to hear Kam is doing well and healthy! I really want to get Jack a wagon so it was cute to see your pics of Kam's.

Hi to everyone I missed!

Had a good weekend here...busy enough to give us something to do but not so crazy we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off. We had my cousin's birthday party on Saturday and then another cousin's first communion yesterday.

Tomorrow afternoon (2:00pm CST) is the big ultrasound! Pretty excited for it and hoping baby will cooperate as well. We'll see. So put in your guesses now! Razz

Betsy

Betina1380

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattiegrl Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:21 pm

Denise- I feel your pain! Im so sorry you have to deal with that crappy med. Hope you feel better soon.

Tara- Praying for you girl!

Shell- yay for the bfn, i think i would cry if someone told me that i would get pg again after I had Owen. Thanks for the tip about having two lil ones Smile it almost made me cry lol. As for your question, I was wondering the same thing!

Betsy- I cant wait till you find out...Boy?

AFM:
My mom was here this past weekend and helped me unpack. Loved having her here, she was such a big help. I now feel like this is my home. Well Im in a wedding this sat may 1st in san diego (6hrs away). I have been freaking out about it! I have been having tons and tons of discharge (tmi srry) and a bit more braxton hicks, plus it kills me to stand on my feet in one place for more than 10mins. I have an appt on wed so I will ask the doc to see what she thinks and I might have her check me. Ugh if it wasnt my best friends wedding i would back out.
Mattiegrl
Mattiegrl

About My Family : Just another crazy california family and lovin it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Betina1380 Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:42 pm

Hi All!

Just stopping by quick to tell you that I had my ultrasound today and it's a happy, healthy baby GIRL!! (Just in case you didn't see it on FB)

Be back later!

Betsy

Betina1380

Back to top Go down

Post by Kymber Lei Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:15 pm

KNOCK KNOCK!!

Hi ladies!!

I have a new phone with 'net so I thought it's time to come back!

CONGRATS to all the pregs!!

Emma will be 1 year old next week.....AAAAHHHHH!! How is that possible?

gotta make dinner. Just stoppin in to bookmark this site.

LOVES!
Kymber Lei
Kymber Lei

About My Family : my husband John & I have an energetic little boy and a gorgeous little girl

Job : office manager

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:54 am

Betsy - YAY for team pink!!! Im happy for you sweetie! Wow a girl. One of each, that's awesome. I was so excited when i found out i was having a girl. Its soooo different. Post u/s pics when u can. Maybe u already did on FB, i need to check.

Hi Kim!!! Glad you found us!!

Mattie - That's great your mom helped you with the unpacking. Hope that you all get situated soon.

Hi EOE!!!

Just doing a flyby posting, wpl
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

About My Family : My little boy is 3, daughter will be 1 in March, my husband is over-the-hill, and i am halfway up it.

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:05 pm

So i win the most indecisive person of the year award, lol.

Denise - Maybe some insight from you would be helpful. There's a program here for 10week nights (mon, wednes, frid) from 6-10pm for EMT School. Their next start date is in July, so i am totally thinking about that. They start out here at $16-$17 an hour, which basically is what i would have been making as an LPN with one year of school full-time. Im actually hoping to get work in the ER here as a ER Tech, have you heard of them? Just wanting your opinion or insight on the whole thing.
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:11 pm

Misty ~ yep! While I was working both of the ERs that I took patients too wanted me to work part time as an ER Tech. Eh, I'm not one for working 2 jobs - lol. The only thing that I didn't like was that I would have had to of work nights but that was just up here. If you can stomach it, I'd go for it. The techs are the ones who clean poo, pee, but they also do cool stuff like start IVs and draw blood. And most people are clean. I just know that the people that came in off of our ambulances that were dirty were cleaned by the techs and RNs. I say go for it. I loved the class. It's mostly hands on and it's very touchy-feely. You do a lot of assessments on each other. And anymore, really, and LPN license is just a waste of time. Most hospitals are phasing them out and I know that me, as a medic, was more qualified than they were.

Hi to EOE. I've just been here suffering some serious lower GI distress. I know the meds have to get out of my body but man, I'm tired of going to the bathroom so much. To top it off I have no energy and just feel blah. This is how I know that even though I love Alexa and I'll love this next one, I do NOT want to get pg again. EVER!! One of us will be doing some form of permanent sterilization, I can tell you that ;o)
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:30 pm

Well, i just erased my WHOLE DARN POST TO YOU DENISE!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, What i was saying is thanks for the info. I agree with you about LPN school being a waste of time. EMT's here make as much as LPN's with soooo much less schooling. Is there alot of room for advancement being an EMT? Im looking for a good career, but also want to be able to make some good $$ as well. What i make now isnt cutting the mustard. And well, i love mom, but she needs her own spot. So how are you dealing with Alexa while your feeling bad? I know when i was pg with Ollie i was miserable making Trey food and playing with him sometimes. All i wanted to do was sleep.
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:56 pm

Well, up here you can make around $13 to $15 as an EMT-B which is the basic level which you would start out at. Then as a medic you can make upwards to the $20 per hour, depending on where you work. I was weird. I made $48,000 as a firefighter but then I got a stipend each year of $12,000 for being a medic. So, as a fire/medic I was making $27 to $28 an hour.

That being said, advancement.....you can move up to being a paramedic, which is more training and, a lot of times, a degree. BUT if you get in with a good place, many of them will pay for you to do the upgrade. You'll do more stuff as a medic ~ IVs, intubations, give medications, cardiac monitoring, etc. And then after you've worked for awhile, you can get into teaching. I was teaching EMT classes at work. I wasn't too big on teaching but the Captain who ran training would ask me to help out so I would.

Then there is another option if you become a medic ~ there is a bridge class from medic to RN. Believe it or not, as a paramedic, you're only a year or so away from becoming a physician's assistant, school wise. You learn a LOT as a medic. If I was still working, my plan was going to be to bridge from medic to RN (it's not a whole lot of school. I want to say maybe a year??) and go into something like labor & delivery. I was getting too old to ride on a fire truck or to schlep 400 lb people from the 4th floor of their townhouses.

And if you're going to work as an ER Tech, many times they'll pay for you to go to RN school. You'd already pretty much have a job and you could set your own hours. I know a lot of RNs who only work Fri, Sat, and Sun and are off for the rest of the week. And some of them also work around their husband's schedules.

As for me, I am feeling guilty because I know Alexa wants to go outside but I just don't feel like it. And she doesn't cry about it but I still feel bad. Luckily when Chris is home he takes her out. I am really nauseous and I don't like it. I just want it to be December, you know?
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next