Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!!

+8
kariweber
KoopMomma
mommy2monkeys
newlywed514
southernbelle
shell516
Mattiegrl
denise73
12 posters

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!! - Page 12 Empty Re: BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!!

Post by Betina1380 Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:36 pm

Shell- Oh bummer about them turning on you and visiting you! And 8 people?! I certainly hope they plan on staying at a hotel, that's a lot of extra people to have in a house. As for gender, at first I was really thinking girl but my not as positive now. So really I have no clue! Haha! We'll see, hopefully!

Denise- Glad you got the appt. I'm sure you'll feel better knowing what's going on. How many weeks are you now? And Penn Foster...hmmm, maybe I'll have to give them a look as well.

Jack seemed to be better last night. Finally had some energy and was playing instead of just hanging out on the couch. So we'll see how today goes. Hopefully it's more of the same!

Not much else happening...should be working! Razz

Betina1380

About My Family : I have one amazing little man, Jack and another on the way!

Back to top Go down

BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!! - Page 12 Empty Re: BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!!

Post by shell516 Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:17 pm

Denise - Yes, you're right. At least they're visiting me and I don't have to make the trip. But still, I don't want 'em here either! Wink

Betsy - I'm glad Jack is starting to feel better! Like I said, I'm usually wrong but I'm gonna go with GIRL. Only because you have a boy though. Hehe.

Tara - So judging from your FB updates, I'm guessing the 3rd injection wasn't so wonderful? Ouchieeee.... (I get goosebumps just from typing the word "injection.")

Misty - How are things going? I hope you've been able to de-stress a little. You poor thing!

Kari - How did the field trip go today? I hope the kids were well behaved! Sounds like a fun field trip though...

Mattie - I can't remember, did you definitely decide on a name yet?

AFM, I just got home from the circus! We had so much fun with all the kids. It was me, my mom, aunt, cousin and three kids. I didn't take Delaney this year only because she would never sit still, maybe next year. Anyway, I'm BEAT. Off to bed!

Talk to you ladies tomorrow evening / night - have a FABULOUS Friday! Very Happy
shell516
shell516

About My Family : My name is Shelley (29), my DH is Ryan (31) and we have two kiddos, Dylan (6) and Delaney (2)

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:57 pm

Shell ~ glad you had a lot of fun at the circus. I want to go but Alexa is too little. I think she'd freak out at all of the noise and such.

Betsy ~ I'm about 4 weeks and 4 days. Still VERY early.

Hi to EOE. I had my dr appointment today. I hardly have any pain so I felt silly going in but I peed in a cup and I'm pregnant - lol. He checked my urine for blood and infection and the dip was negative. He did an internal check to feel for any abnormalities and found none. So, I had my 7865 tubes of blood drawn and he wants to see me on Tuesday for a recheck. So, all in all not too exciting. Going off of my LMP my EDD is 12/21.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by kariweber Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:17 am

Hey all! So the party is tomorrow!!! I think I am ready, but we will see! I will post pictures when I get them all.

Shell- I am glad that you nixed the Indy trip. Bummer about the backlash!

Denise- Just to let you know. I had a bunch of symptoms with Zachary, but when I got preggo with Jacks, I had none. Zilch. Nada. I actually freaked out for a while (until I was like 12 or 13 weeks) because I was just SURE that I wasn't really pregnant. And I had another boy! So, just try to relax and take care of yourself, I am sure things are fine.

Betsy- I am glad that Jack seems to be doing better, I hope it continues.

I am pooped. Going to bed. Wish me luck tomorrow!

Kari
kariweber
kariweber

About My Family : DH is Chris (32), Zach (7-2-05), and Jackson (4-21-09), Love all my boys!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattiegrl Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:31 am

Hey a quick fly by post.

had a u/s today and Owen (thats his name Smile ) is weighing in at 4lb 2oz!!! that makes a new due date of june 11th...woot woot! ummm....k thats it I gots to go Sad wpl
Mattiegrl
Mattiegrl

About My Family : Just another crazy california family and lovin it!

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:05 am

Kari ~ I'm sure I'm over-reacting. I just get a bit freaked out - lol. My friend has a baby doppler and she mailed it to me. I know it's still too early for that but it'll give me peace of mind once we see/hear the hb until I start feeling kicks.

Mattie ~ yay for an updated due date!! And if you wait until June 12th, that would be a cool anniversary gift for me ;o)

Hi to EOE. Sooo........I'm beginning to think that my ache is due to constipation. I'm going but I don't think it's enough. And if I pass gas, I feel better. I think I need to get some Activia and fiber pills - lol.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by KoopMomma Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:59 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I JUST WANT A BABY!!!

Okay. I feel better.
KoopMomma
KoopMomma

About My Family : We were 2 on 8/26/06 and became 3 on 4/22/08.

Job : SAHM/Volunteer work for church

http://www.jeffntara.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattiegrl Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:43 pm

Denise- Miralax is amazing!!!! (if things ever get bad) Oh and Ill do my best as far as trying to wait till the 12th lol.

Well I should go, Im supposed to be helping with unpacking but some how i found my way to the computer hehehe... wpl Smile
Mattiegrl
Mattiegrl

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:52 pm

Shell - YAY for circus. I am thinking of taking Trey next time it rolls through here. Glad that you all had fun. I havent been the circus since i was a kid myself, so it should be fun.

D - omg, could be a christmas baby. Wow. Well, xmas always rolls around fast, so baby #2 will be here before you know it.

Mattie - Your almost there. Everything ready for baby? Love the name Owen btw.

Kari - Cant wait to see pics of the party!!!

Tara - Your too funny. Babies are fun.

AFM: This one is definitely colicky. Some nights are good, some are really bad. Some nights she will cry for hours (off/on) others, hardly any. Did my research and i think she may have a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance from me not nursing her properly. So i changed things to wear she nurses longer and on one breast for two feedings, and things have gotten lots better!!! Really hope i found the trick for her, she was miserable. WPL ((hugs))
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

About My Family : My little boy is 3, daughter will be 1 in March, my husband is over-the-hill, and i am halfway up it.

Job : Nursing Student

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:17 am

Tara ~ do you feel better - lol. I hope you do!

Misty ~ glad you think you found the issue. Poor Ollie. Have you tried Gripe Water for colicky babies? It may help when she has a bad episode.

Kari ~ I saw on FB that your party was a success. We will need pictures of the cake, please.

Shell ~ ok, seriously...it was only 63 degrees in the house when I got up and it's not even 40 outside. I don't want it to be 90 but I don't want it to be 40 either.

Mattie ~ Miralax. Check. I'll have to get some.

Betsy ~ how did the snipping of the binky go with Jack? I tried that with Alexa once and boy was she mad. She only takes it when she's going to sleep but I want her off of it. I actually wanted her off of it at 12 months but she was cutting molars and miserable and Chris said "she needs it". Um, no, she doesn't "need" it. You're just too lazy to listen to crying for a day or so. Since her teeth are in (except for her 2 year old molars) I'm just going to cold turkey her. I'm sure it'll be bad for a couple nights but she needs to be done with it.

Hi to EOE. I'm up for no reason. Chris is working today and it's cold so Alexa and I will be in this house, definitely. My ache is still there but it's better. Who knows what in the world is causing this. I'm hoping it's just early stretching. When I go back on Tuesday we should get results of the beta. I have no idea if he's sending me for a 2nd one. I doubt that we'll get the u/s yet b/c I'd only be around 5 weeks. Still a bit early. But who knows.....
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by shell516 Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:09 am

Good morning girls. I have a quick question for all of you on behalf of my cousin.

Yesterday, her husband walked in on their five year old daughter and her friend (female) humping eachother. Apparently he's completely disgusted and my cousin is unsure how to handle it. My advice was is that it's completely normal and you cannot degrade her or punish her for it but she should be aware that it's not something that she has to do if someone asks or tells her to. I'm just not sure if that's the right way or not?!? HELP! Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

I'll be back later with more persies!

LOVES!
shell516
shell516

About My Family : My name is Shelley (29), my DH is Ryan (31) and we have two kiddos, Dylan (6) and Delaney (2)

Back to top Go down

Post by shell516 Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi loves! Told you I'd be back!

Denise - This weather is unreal. One week we're wearing shorts in 80-90 degree weather, the next week we're wearing jeans and jackets again in 50 degree weather. I need SPRING! Ya know, the season BEFORE summer and AFTER winter?! Ugh. Constipation is a pain, literally and I think that could be what's causing yours. I just might have to try Miralax as well!

Kari - I want pics ASAP! I'm glad the party went so well!

Mattie - Yay for Owen! He's almost a 5lb'er! Hope you're enjoying this last trimester...

Tara - Do you feel better now? LOL If it makes you feel any better (or maybe worse?) I still have baby fever and I have two kids, one of each! How old is Kam by the way? Just remember, there's nothing wrong with a bigger age gap. My kids are four years apart and it has worked out well for us. (Not saying that closer age gaps are bad but I just want you to know you're not on a time limit - you're a youngin'!)

Misty - Hope things on the homefront have calmed down for you. Keep us updated! I'm sorry that Ollie is colicky. Hopefully it will pass soon!

AFM, I had much needed facial yesterday that was absolutely wonderful. I told DH I'm going every two months because I don't really do much for myself besides getting my hair cut and highlighted. Today we hung around the house, cleaned, grocery shopped and then took a quick road trip to the nearest Sonic! Mmmmmm.... Oh, and I almost forgot - I signed up for Penn Foster! Very Happy Needless to say, I'm totally excited. I'm a big dork and I love learning and doing school work. LOL

P.S. Sorry for the random post this morning. My cousin called me and was all upset. I really didn't know WHAT to say or tell her to do. She was just as puzzled. Worst part is, my aunt passed away seven years ago from cancer so she doesn't have a Mom to go to with this stuff. I feel so bad for her and I was just hoping you girls might have some input.

BBL - loves!
shell516
shell516

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattiegrl Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:34 pm

ugh... i just did this long post and i dont see it here
Mattiegrl
Mattiegrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattiegrl Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:48 pm

Shell- not sure what I would do. Maybe tell her " thats not something we do" and just leave it at that. That way she knows its not ok but it would be making a big deal out of it and wouldnt embarrass her? Yikes, Im not to sure on this one...sorry. Oh and yes, do try Miralax...it works great.

Denise- I think im just as axious as you for your appt lol.

Misty- Thanks, we like it too Smile No, im not that ready yet. The "nesting" thing kicked in today. I have a small baby shower on april 24th so that should help a bit. I hope you and Ollie get threw this quick, Mckenna was the same way and it was very hard.

Kari- Lets see those pics Smile

Tara- I miss our fb chats Sad

OK I have two questions for you girls:

1) any tips for bfing? I never did with Kenna cause I thought it would be easy LOL!! I was wrong... big time. I guess you cant just stick the kid on the boob.

2) Any tips with dealing with a kid that is starting the terrible twos? Mckenna now tells us "no" (we tell her that its not ok to tell us no but she could care less) and throws these insane fits... the girl can scream! We have done time outs since she was 11mo old and they worked great until now. We have tried redirecting her...no such luck. When we are home we just ignore her and that seems to help but while we are out I have no idea what to do about it.... its getting bad. So any advice would be great Smile
Mattiegrl
Mattiegrl

Back to top Go down

Post by shell516 Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:17 pm

Mattie - As for the BF, I'm zero help to you. Both of my kiddos were bottle babies. I'm sure some of the other ladies will have some suggestions for you though. As for the terrible twos, I'm right there with you. My best advice is to be consistent, be honest and follow through. It's so hard to do but I think it's our best bet. By be honest, I mean be upfront. Make sure she knows the rules in your household and family. For example, both of my kids KNOW that they are NOT to climb on the table or put their feet on the table so if they do, it's immediate time out because they KNOW. I'm even contemplating put up a rules chart in my kitchen and going over them with the kids on a daily basis. This way, there's no misunderstandings. The rules are the rules. My biggest problem is follow through. I'll tell Dylan, "if you don't calm down I'm taking away such and such..." Well, he'll continue to be rowdy and guess what? Mommy never takes such and such away. And tantrums, I've learned that ignoring Delaney is what works best. That way, she doesn't get the impression that her behavior got my attention because with kids that age, any attention is good attention. If I'm in a store, I try not to let her get too out of control but I also won't stop dead in my tracks and leave. Again, because then she gets the message that she got her way. KWIM? HTH!

I think I'm going to head to bed ladies. I'll be at work tomorrow so no posting for me until the evening! LOVES to all!
shell516
shell516

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:37 pm

Shell - Yeah, im sure your cousing wasnt pleased, but honestly i dont think its a huge deal. Kids do weird stuff like that, but how old was her friend? If she was the same age i would just tell them that its not appropriate behavior and move on without making a huge deal of it. They dont have the cognitive skills to really think in detail about that stuff. But my bigger question would be where did they learn this behavior. They have seen it somewhere. That would be my question to them in a non confrontational manner. YAY for a facial. Its been way to long for me, i would totally love one.

Denise - So Beta Tues? Yeah it is early, but those numbers going up will give you somewhat peace of mind for a little while. Keep us posted. Havent thought of gripe water. Good to know, thanks.

Mattie - Tips for BF'ing hmmm - Let see. Well considering i have had two shots at it let me say that the biggest mistake i made with BF"ing Trey was not educating myself about BF'ing. I thought it was "natural" and you just stick baby on and let them suck away. Do your research and go to a BF'ing class. Read up. And use the lactation consultants at the hospital. It gets easier as you learn and baby "learns". As for the "twos" my advice is to buckle up, lol. Seriously though, we have learned just to pick our battles. You cant constantly "struggle" with a toddler. It will wear you out and make the tot frustrated easily. Get on her about the big things with consistency. And once you say something to her, make sure she follows through, even if you changed your mind or regret it. Bottom line they all throw fits, and will continue too. All you can do is try and minimize the fits. Smile
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

About My Family : My little boy is 3, daughter will be 1 in March, my husband is over-the-hill, and i am halfway up it.

Back to top Go down

Post by southernbelle Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:30 am

Hello, Remember me??? Sorry I've been a major slacker lately!! Wow, it looks like this board has picked up a bit since my last post. It took me a while to read through all the posts!

Betsy - Hello there stranger! Congrats on being preggo with #2! I'm expecting again myself. I will be having a little girl this time around. I'm due June 20th but will be having a section on June 10th! I so know what you mean about the guilt issues! I'm having some major guilt about Easton having to give up his "baby status" so soon! I know "one day" he will be happy to have a baby sister but I don't think he is going to like it at first! So glad you are around again! It is hard to believe that most of us have been chatting for 3 years! Wow!

Denise - WOO HOO! CONGRATS! That is so exciting! Wow, it didn't take you long at all this go around! How are you feeling?

Misty - Glad you are feeling better and Miss Ollie is letting you get some rest! I think it is great that you are putting Trey in "school." Easton cries when we drop him off but I've stood outside the door just to see how long it last and, well as soon as he thinks I'm out of the building he stops. I know he has a great time at school. He has learned SO MUCH and his vocabulary is amazing for his age! I give most of the credit to "school"

Mattie - Hello there due date buddy! Congrats on them moving your due date up! Mine is still the 20th but we are doing a section on the 10th so we are still pretty the same day! I love the name! As far as the BF'ing thing, well, I "tried" with Easton and it just wasn't for me! I really think it lead me into some postpartum depression issues! This go around I'm skipping it all together and going straight to formula! I really hope you have better luck at it then I did. My hat goes off the those Mama's who BF and make it seem so natural. I wish it would have been that way for me but it just wasn't!

Tara - Hiya! OMG! Can you believe our babies are about to be two?

Sad Where did the time go? Hope you are the Hubs can get the money thing worked out! Mine likes to spend too! It is hard for me to complain b/c he is the bread winner in our house and he always makes sure our bills are paid first, but I always think we should save more than we do!

Kari - Hello Martha Stewart! So can I hire you to do my kids party? Laughing Like Misty said, I head to party city and then to the grocery store! I might put the cup cakes on one of my own serving dishes just for looks, but everyone knows "I" didn't bake them!

Shell - You go girl, enrolling in school!

Angie - Hi chick! Way to go with the working out! I bet you are strong as an ox! I wish I had your motivation.

AFM: I can't believe I am already 31 weeks! This pregnancy is flying by. We are scheduled for a section on June 10th. Oh, and I'm not sure if you guys know but we officially changed baby girls name. It is Adalyn "Addy" Nicole. We decided not to go with Emerson after so much negative feedback. I had my shower yesterday and got lots of cutsy girly stuff! Mr. Easton will be two in 12 days and that just seems impossible! He is a handful let me tell ya. He says something new everyday and is "very" headstrong! Some days I feel like all i do is yell at him, send him to time-out or pop his bottom! I'm having lots of guilt about this new baby and how it is going to affect him. I honestly don't know how I'm going to balance having two kids this close in age! I know I will get through it I just don't know how! Okay, so enough about me! Hope everyone is doing well and I promise to try to post more! Love you girls!
southernbelle
southernbelle

About My Family : I'm Brandy, I have a wonderful Hubby, a wild little man Easton and another little miracle in the oven!

Back to top Go down

Post by Betina1380 Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:03 pm

Hi all!

Happy Monday...if there is such a thing! Smile

Brandy - Hi! Congrats on #2 and a little girl! I am SO with you on wondering how I'm going to be able to handle 2 once this one is here and the guilt with Jack. I was doing pretty good about it all until Jack was sick recently and needed so much attention. I kept thinking of how I would be able to give him what he needed and take care of a baby at the same time. Yesterday I was so down I ended up in our closet crying! LOL! But feeling a bit better today. And LOVE the name. We're thinking Addison (Addy) for a girl if that's what we have. We'll see!

Shell - I don't blame your cousin either for being surprised but I really agree that it's natural and kids do stuff like that a lot. I wouldn't get on her too much about it, maybe just ask what they were doing and try to open a line of conversation about it but don't scold or anything like that.

Mattie - I'll take all the BFing advice as well! I had a SUPER hard time with Jack and had a low supply so didn't last too long but am really hoping to last longer this time with the baby. I would agree with Misty to do research and get help from lactation consultants. I've already been reading but and I have my mind set that it will be tough but we can make it work. And if it doesn't work either it, it's not the end of the world. As for the terrible 2's...join the club! Smile Consistency is the main thing and picking the right battles. There are times that Jack wants to battle but it's not worth it so I let him have his fit and I just ignore it and eventually he calms down and comes out of it. But when it's something big I make sure to be consistent about it and talk about it so he knows what happened and why.

Denise - The binky thing didn't fly. I got in the shower and Jack was having a fit about wanting it so DH gave it to him. He doesn't think Jack is "ready" to go without it...yeah well tough luck! He's 2.5, he doesn't need it anymore and I'm not having him have it and the baby have one! Ugh, men! Glad the appt went well and was uneventful. Even though it wasn't anything big, I'm sure it help to reassure you a bit.

Tara - Hang in there lady. It'll be your turn with a babe before you know it. Until then, enjoy Kam.

Nothing happening here. Finally starting to pop a bit and get a belly...and I'm 19 weeks! That took a lot longer than I thought it would! I know I was bigger at this point when I was preggo with Jack but that's ok, as long as baby is good I'll take less weight gain!

Lunch time, catch you all later!

Betsy

Betina1380

About My Family : I have one amazing little man, Jack and another on the way!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattiegrl Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:35 pm

Brandy aka due date buddy- I am having the same fears as well, but I had a lot of different fears when I was pg with Mckenna and everything ended up ok. So i guess we gotta just believe everything will be ok this time around as well. At least I hope so Smile Oh and I think Addy is very sweet, but Im sorry people gave you crap on the other name....people can be so lame.

Thank you all so much for all the advice. Its just nice to know that what I have been doing is the right thing and that I really cant do much more at this point. As for bfing, I signed up for a private class and I will start doing research online tonight!
Mattiegrl
Mattiegrl

Back to top Go down

Post by KoopMomma Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:55 pm

I do want to post...but I'm kinda...Well, I'm having a hard time with Kam's birthday being on Thursday, among other things.

I did want to reply @Mattie. I tried the first month to bf Kam unsuccessfully. I continued to pump and feed him that way and one night of being too tired to pump, I gave it another try and he took to it like it was all he'd ever done. I DO strongly suggest getting a nipple shield similar to this. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2403234 It helps to pull your nipple forward more and the plastic "extends" the length of the nipple to help the baby latch. After they are latched on you can removed it between sucks to let them latch directly to you. HTH!
KoopMomma
KoopMomma

About My Family : We were 2 on 8/26/06 and became 3 on 4/22/08.

Job : SAHM/Volunteer work for church

http://www.jeffntara.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by InsaneBlonde Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:50 am

Rant time...sorry.

Things with hubby and I have really changed and I think there's going to be a big fight or at least a serious talk coming up. 2 main things thrown in with a few little ones.

1) Having a baby stressed DH out about money for sure. Even though we have some money put back for retirement, and also a few months worth of bill money in the savings he still just freaked out. We couldn't spend ANYTHING without each dime being counted. Was very irritating. THEN I lose my job for almost a year and wow, it got bad. Now I'm back to working and it's like I still don't have a job. DH will sit and stare at our monthly money chart. He refuses to talk about going on vacation this year so guess that's out. He obsesses about money all the time. Now he has it in his mind that since our investments are doing crap, he wants to invest in a rental property and become a landlord. I DO NOT and have told him as much. We have friends that own rentals and all they do is complain about their tenants. I do not wish to have someone calling my house at 3am because their toilet is leaking, or someone destroy the apartment and we have to spend our money fixing it up for the next person to do the same thing. He doesn't want to hear it, and has gotten a realtor and also sent our info to a mortgage place to find out how much we could get towards an investment property. I'm livid about it and refuse to talk to him about it when he brings it up. He's gonna do what he freaking wants obviously without my consent. Same thing with the car. Our one is about dead. We want something that uses less gas. He wants a van, I want a mini SUV or a car. He's already talked to people about a van and has looked at them without me even though I told him I DO NOT want a van. But there's no compromising with him lately.....so once again I have no say. (THIS ISN'T THE WAY OUR MARRIAGE HAS EVER BEEN..it's always been 50/50 in the past).

2) DH gets all his time when he needs it, and I get none. He loves Jayden and is a great Dad, but when he wants his time he just takes it. The very few times I try to get "me" time, it never happens. Case in point, we used to be big xbox/PC gamers. I've been a gamer since pre-teen! When Jayden came along obviously I had to stop all that because i didn't have the time. Now that he's a little older I can take some time once in a while. I have a membership to xbox live that I haven't used in two months, yet DH plays nearly every other day for 1-2 hours. Last night I decided I needed to de-stress and play some games. I told DH I was going to play....he watched Jayden for a whopping 20 minutes and then disappeared to the third floor doing god knows what for an hour and a half. I obviously had to stop playing because Jayden got bored watching me and wanted my attention. I LOVE Jayden, I LOVE spending time with him because I miss him so bad when I'm at work, I DO NOT MIND filling up my days and nights with him, but damned it I just want SOME time to myself ONCE in a while and I never get it.

Just lots of stuff going on lately. The money stress is just bringing out all this other crap and it's really getting old. I'm about to snap........DH and I take NO time alone for anything. When I suggest going somewhere or doing something DH brings up how much it's going to cost. I'd love to take an overnight trip somewhere with him and just try to work on this. We have drifted apart soooooo much this last year and a half. Sigh.

OK onto persies....sorry for the rant. I just needed to go off and I can't anywhere else.

Shell - If you got out of the int design world, what would you do? And yes, everything is closing. Less and less people are using those services/products. I see it being phased out overseas completely in the next 5-10 years. YEAH FOR PJ DAYS! LOVE THOSE!

Misty - Sorry about your MOm losing her job. I'm with you, I hate relying on other people for important stuff like that because they always let you down. Hope you all find something else to make up for that. Hugs!

Denise - I'd LOVE to move away. I have tried talking DH into it and he's insistant we stay put. Don't know why, his family doesn't do anything with us or bother calling. We have lots of friends around, but we can always come back to visit. So...how you feeling these days? Glad you checked out ok!

Mattie - OH MAN I hate dreams like that! But it's nice knowing when you wake up EVERYTHING IS OK! WHew! And I'm in the same boat with Jayden. He's VERY good MOST of the time, but he started getting into these spells where when he doesn't get what he wants, he throws a crapper fit crying and sometimes he'll even SCREAM! We give him a time out and then ignore him and sometimes it works and sometimes not. He'll throw himself on the floor and arch his back and get mad, I just let him there and go into another room. He'll get up and follow me, lol. He's only freaked out once outside of the house. We took him to a park and were there for like two hours. It was getting dark and we went to leave and he had a TOTAL meltdown. Parents were looking at me like I was abusing him! OH and try the nipple shield for BFing. That was the only way I could get Jayden to nurse. And he used it for about 3-4 months till he finally got the hang of it enough to not need it.

Betsy - Jayden used to go through that when he was sick. He'd be worse as the day goes on. Glad your little man is feeling better each day though.

Tara - DITTO! LOL! I just want a baby too! He he...I have such baby fever it's not even funny.

Brandy - WELCOME BACK!
InsaneBlonde
InsaneBlonde

About My Family : Married since 1993 to Brad, 1 son Jayden born July 31, 2008

http://babysjuly2008.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:52 am

Hi girls ~

Well, I have a baby in my uterus and not in my tube. I had an u/s today because my ache came back when I was at the doc's office and he wanted to rule out a tubal pregnancy. I'm about 5 weeks and the doctor, the RN, Chris and myself are 99% sure we saw the heartbeat flickering. But it was so small we couldn't get a good read on it. It turns out that even though my urine dip was clear, the sample I gave to the ER on Friday grew bacteria in my urine and in the vagina. So I have an infection that is more than likely causing my aches. I'm on Flagyl, 500 mg twice a day for 14 days. I hope it takes the aches away.

Chris is now telling everyone since we saw the heartbeat. I wanted to wait a bit but you know, good thoughts can't hurt. I'm still not spreading it over FB right now, though. I want to wait for another 3 weeks when we go back for another u/s.

Thanks for the positive thoughts!! I'll BBL for persies.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:46 pm

D - YAY for a heartbeat. It sounds like everything is fine. Sorry they couldnt get a read on it, but that must be reassuring to have the u/s. Did you get a pic!

Hi Tara!

Angie - Oh lady, sorry about all those problems. I totally understand about needing some time to yourself. What would happen if you left the house for your personal time? Then DH wouldnt have a choice and couldnt disappear on you. And you could take the time you needed. Since the marriage isnt a 50/50 thing anyway. You and Jayden take a vacay, lol. Tell DH he doesnt have to come if he doesnt want to. But you have the right to get away. I hope things get better for you guys. Sounds like a real heart to heart conversation is in order.
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

Back to top Go down

Post by shell516 Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:34 pm

Wow, I just read A LOT and now I'm trying to remember half of it...

Brandy & Betsy (and anyone else feeling guilty about #2) - TRUST ME, this too shall pass. It doesn't matter if the kids will be one year or five years apart, we all experience some sort of guilt. My guilt came from feeling like Dylan had been an only child for awhile and here I was, getting ready to upset his whole world. Not so. He ADORES his sister and they love playing and getting into trouble together. Of course, there is an adjustment period for everyone but I still think it's more of an adjustment for us than them. Hang in there and just remember, one day when they're teenagers coming in too late or talking back, we'll all look back laugh at ourselves for being worried about these kinds of things. Oh and Brandy, I love the name! Very cute!

Denise - I'm so glad to hear that all is well with baby bean! I'm sure you're relieved! I personally think it's cute that Chris just had to start telling people - someone is pretty excited Smile

Ang - Aww, sweets. I'm sorry you have so much crap going on right now. I think you're right. It sounds like you and DH need to have a major chat and sort things out. This economy has screwed with people, I swear. Some in a good way and some in not so good ways. Do you think that's what's causing DH's obsessiveness about money? I'm not sure I'd want to be a landlord either but just remember, with the economy, there are nice families that were displaced due to jobs being lost that would probably be good tenants. When it comes to "you" time, could you join a book club or go somewhere instead of being at home? I know I have a hard time taking "me" time when I'm in the house with the kids so DH always make me leave and it works! Please keep us updated and feel free to vent anytime - we're always here! (((HUGS))) As for leaving the interior design world, I just signed up for medical billing and coding classes. I need something more stable and predictable. KWIM? We'll see...

Tara - Are you having a tough time with Kam's birthday because of baby fever? Hang in there lovie and remember, you have one beautiful, healthy and happy little boy to be thankful for - and I know you are! (((HUGS)))

AFM, my allergies are kicking my tail in a major way. I'm only safe in my house. Literally, I took Dylan to school this morning then had to deal with the runny nose, sneezing and itchy, watery eyes for two hours after getting home. And this is ON medication. I'm anxious to get to the allergist next Tuesday. I feel so bad because I can't really go outside for too long with the kids without flaring up and I can't even attempt yard work. DH does most of it but I still like to get out there and work on the beds and pull weeds. Ugh. ANYWAY, enough of my whining. It's time to pick Dylan up from school - be back tonight!
shell516
shell516

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattiegrl Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Denise- Yay! Im so excited Smile
Ang- Im so sorry, I agree, you guys need to have a talk. I hope things get back to normal for you two
Tara- nipple shield...check.
Mattiegrl
Mattiegrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next