Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC a Miracle 2009

+15
CJTTC
CJ71903
sstjohn77
KieyasMommy
Brennan&Leosmama
Tommygirl2002
momtoogsncjs
mfowler08
mommaking0105
Bensmom
shannon luddy
denise73
Adrienne1010
BeckC1210
ajvinsh
19 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 29 Empty Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:47 am

Stacey- love your pic!!

Clare- glad the babies are doing well! BH stinks. Hope they do not last.

Denise-It was actually nice when I walked outside this morning, Normally I am hit with a wall of humidity. It is good to give Alexa some time ot get use to the bed!

Leo went ot Dr yesterday. He is 32 lbs and 35 3/4 in. 90 % for both. My big boy!! He is 1/2 lb lighter and 1 in tall than Brennan was at 2.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:45 am

Clare - Are you loving your place. How is th enursery coming along? Glad to hear everyone is doing great. Sorry about the BH. That is no fun.

Denise - I think everyone is having hot a humid weather this year. YUCK! Like you said at least it will not be raining. Two girls what fun. I would love to have a boy and a girl but I think it might be easier if we got two of the same gender. Start saving for weddings now and a shotgun. J/K LOL

Becky - Send some of that none humid weather up north. YAY Leo!! Does Brennan start school this year? That pic cracks DH and I up. DH sent it to his Father for his birthday. He made a card that said on the outside, "Your how Old?" Then on the inside was that picture. His did cracked up.

Brody has Physical Therapy today. Our insurance company let me know they will not cover the helment so he is not going to get one. We could not afford hte $1500.00 charge since it is not covered. The Physical Therapist said she thinks that it is not absolutley necessary in his case anyway so I am kinda relieved about that.

Yesterday I had Budget Truck Rental try the old bait and switch on me and I am so frustrated. I scheduled a moving truck for this Saturday. Well yesterday the place we were supposed to pick the truck up from called me and rudely said the truck would not be available at 10AM as promised. It would be available at 6PM that night and if we did not like it then we would just have to find another place. We had reserved a 24 foot truck. I had reserved it as a one way move so we could drop it off by our house. It was going to cost me $150.00 and would include 99 miles. Well anyway I called customer service asking if there was another place we could pick up from since we have people coming over to help moving at 10AM not 6pm. They said sure but the truck would only include 40 miles and would cost $300.00. Oh but wait she could get it for me at 50% off but since 40 miles would not be enough to cover my move we would have to keep in mind that mileage was going to cost .99 a mile on top of the rental. I was so mad!!

I told them to cancel the reservation as I was not going to fall for that. By the way, our move happens to fall on the Massachusetts Tax free holiday. SAo DH thinks that the rental truck companies are jacking up their prices knowing people are planning to run out and buy big ticket items since they do not have to pay tax this weekend and many people are now planning to rent trucks for an hour or two to pick the items up. So rental companies can make more renting for a few hours then they would all day as normal.

Anyway, I called around and found a place that rents U Haul's. I am much happier as they were very easy to deal with and I am now getting at 26 foot truck for $107.00. It includes 40 miles and is only .40 a mile after that. So I am going to save a ton of money. YAY. I love stories that have a happy ending. LOL
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:45 am

Good morning ladies!

I am trying to keep up... so far so good this is the second day in a row of posting Wink

I know how ur feeling about the crib bed thing Denise... we switched Alex a few months before Aislynn was born for the same reason, to give him time to adjust just in case had trouble with the bed and needed the crib again for a bit. I am trying to keep Aislynn in a crib longer... lol... we shall see how it goes...

Nathaniel had his first soccer practice last night... lol... he seemed to have enjoyed it, but was really tired afterwards. I am guessing in the evenings I am going to have to take him to the pond and run a lap with him to build up his stamina... oh well could be worse, i really could use to start running again. Rob is worried about my ankle though if I do...
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

About My Family : love

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:50 am

Stacey- Brennan starts PreK this year. He will only go 3 hrs. He starts in 2 wks. I am kinda sad my baby is growing up. At the same time I am ready and thing school will be good for him! The stinks ins. will not pay for helmet but it is good PT thinks he doesnt need it. Good job on getting the new moving truck!!

Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:15 am

Clare- glad to hear everything is going okay. I had BH start when I was 25 wks with Ezra and had them up until the day I was induced at 36wks because of HP.

Aara- the party looked like it was fun. Cannot believe all of our kiddos are turning 2! That is crazy!

Stacey- Yuck about the moving van...I hate when ppl try to screw you over...I think it is mostly towards women. I hope everything goes well. I didn't think a helmet would be that much. I guess I would have the way the pros and cons of the of him having it or not before putting out the $$ for that. I am glad to hear that it really isn't nessasary that is a +! GL

Becky- Ezra starts Pre K on September 7 and we have orintation on 8-31-2010. He goes in the afternoon from 11:45-2:15. Our High School and Elementary start and let out at the same time =) He will get to ride the bus and everything! I am excited for him....I don't think it will be as bad this year as it will be for next year when he is gone all day. I will probably cry....

Denise- you get to reuse your baby clothes that is a plus! lol. We didn't move Ezra out of his crib to toddler bed till he was 3 we bought a new crib for Omri as we wanted the 4 n 1 style. Ezra has bunk beds that we got when he was 3.5 and Omri and Ezra will end up sharing a room till we get our final addition built on the house which won't be for a couple of years.
Room ideas?? You sould look at Trendy Peas.com they have some awesome wall decals.

AFM: Everything is going good. We have a wedding this Saturday and a fun filled weekend so I am sure the kids will be tired by Sunday night when everything is calming down. As for the TTC part we totally didn't skip this month....lol we just figured we would NTNP this month and see what happends. As we wouldn't be able to BD until October to insure to not a have a May B-Day. LMAO

Well back to work! We are having a 50% off sale {I think I went crazy} so I am swamped!

Hi to EOE!
Admin
Admin
Admin

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. TTC for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 4 yrs. and Omri 20 mths. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Job : Graphic Designer

https://ttcamiracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:58 am

Stacey ~ rental companies are known for that. Glad you stood your ground. I'd call the Better Business Bureau and report them so that other people will know. As for the helmet, around here, it's pretty standard for the insurance companies to deny covering....at first. If you do decide that Brody needs it, just have your documentation ready that it wasn't because of you not doing what you need for him but just that his muscles needed help. They will end up covering it. Both of my SILs had to argue with the ins. companies but in the end both paid.

Aara ~ glad Nathaniel had fun at soccer. I don't like that sport....too much continuous running - lol.

Heather ~ I know. We have a crap load of clothes. And I'm sure people will still buy us more. As for room ideas, I want to do one of the girl's in pink and lime and the other in a purple. I just don't know which one will be which yet.

denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:06 am

Denise- I was in same situation with the boys being same season. It was great! I did still get a lot of clothes from people in the beginning. I have a big tube of winter stuff for Leo to wear next year. NOt sure what happened to all the 3T stuff. I can only find a few pants.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:47 am

Denise and Becky- My kids were different seasons so for Omri we had to buy new clothes, I think for the 24mths+ we should be okay though. He is already in 24mth stuff already. DH's parents always go wild for Christmas so they will have more new clothes.

Okay OPINIONS NEEDED:

What did you spend on wedding invitations when you got married??
I am doing research for a paper.
Admin
Admin
Admin

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. TTC for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 4 yrs. and Omri 20 mths. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:49 am

I had a budget wedding so we bought them at Michaels and printed ourselves
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:47 pm

Denise - Yeah, BH are supposed to be more common and more frequent with being pregnant with twins. They also tend to start being felt earlier. The doctor isn't concerned which is good. They're just kinda weird, I guess.

Stacey - We love our new house! Nursery planning is in process right now!!! We are having new carpet installed in our Babies' room in a couple of weeks. We've also ordered some of the bigger items so far - they take awhile to come in typically. Its all very exciting!!!

Heather - What is HP?
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:16 pm

Clare- Hypertension/Preclampsia (sp) I was on Magnisium for 3 days because of it. Thank goodness I had a MW!!! I fainted in the bathroom after a shower and when in that day and 3 days of slow induction because of the HP I had Ezra after 14 mins of pushing =)

Also note I was 115lb before getting PG and was 170lb at delivery Shocked
With Omri I was 120 before getting PG and was 150 up delivery
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:56 pm

Heather - we did the same as Becky... we bought some blank cards, some pretty paper and printed them out ourselves... actually i think my mil did... lol
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

Back to top Go down

Post by CJTTC Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Denise: You look beautiful and congrats on a baby girl!!! I hope you are doing well!

Holly: How are you doing?

Stacey: You are super mom...making Brody's baby food.

AFM: We just got back from Carson's 4-month check up and he is doing great. 27.5 inches long and 16lbs 5oz. He is in the 75th percentile for weight and >97th percentile for length. Big boy!!! He did great with his shots but I hate them! He started rice cereal over the weekend. He is still not sleeping through the night yet! My DH and I decided to add a little bit of cereal to his last evening bottle (some people swear by this) and he slept about 4 hours longer! He is usually up at 12:45am or so but last night he didn't get up until 4:30am!!! He ate and went right back to sleep. Of course I was at work last night but I slept all night too. No surgeries so I slept from 9pm until 5am!! I only woke up because my BBs were about to explode! We are still BFing and things are going well with that. Sorry for the long update but it has been so long since I have posted. I swear I check in on you girls way more than I post. Have a wonderful week!

Candice

CJTTC

About My Family : Candice and Jason have been TTC since March 2007. We have endured multiple failed IUIs and have two children from 2 IVF cycles. We have a daughter waiting for us in heaven and our son, Carson was born 4-7-10! We are so blessed to have this little boy in our lives!

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:05 pm

Candice-A trick I used when Nick was a little younger than that is I would get him up before I went to be...usually about 10pm. I would not turn the lights on or move him too much and give him another few ounces or so and put him back down. Did the trick and he would sleep through the night. Then one night I just stopped doing it and he slept straight through. I am glad everything is going well and you got some sleep at work.

Heather-My invites were about $350 for I think like 130 of them. We also got a discount because the guy that owns the company is a friend of the family.

Clare-glad everything is going well with your pregnancy! I went to L&D one night with BH because they were 4 minutes apart for like 10 hours a couple weeks before my due date.

Denise-I think Alexa will make a great big sister!

Stacey-I am glad you ended up getting the deal you deserved. I would definitely call the BBB. I hope the move goes smoothly for you!

AFM-Back to work tomorrow Sad . I don't wanna go! (whining, lol) Its only for three days and then I am off for 3 for my moms wedding which I am so excited about! I have to write a toast, I might put it on here so you guys can give me your opinion.

TTYL!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Hey guys we're back from NH!

Denise-Congratulations on the girlie!

Howdy to EOE I will be able to keep up from now on!
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by CJTTC Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:07 pm

Quick question for you breastfeeding momas. I am still only BFing Carson or pumping while I am working. I have been having AF-type cramps for almost a week now. I had 2 days of light spotting (not much at all) it was mostly brown and light pink. Now nothing. I am so freakin bloated too. I haven't had AF yet since having Carson. Anyone had this issue while BFing? I just want to either have a period or not but this ugly bloated belly and cramping has got to go! LOL!

Candice

CJTTC

About My Family : Candice and Jason have been TTC since March 2007. We have endured multiple failed IUIs and have two children from 2 IVF cycles. We have a daughter waiting for us in heaven and our son, Carson was born 4-7-10! We are so blessed to have this little boy in our lives!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Candice- I am not much help. I got my first cycle when both kids were 1 mth old. Even while BFing. I even O'd so the whole thing about not Oing while BFing is false.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:13 pm

I got AF with all three kids when they were about 3 months... I didn't have anything until then
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:38 pm

I started getting AF with the first 2 kids by the time they were 10 weeks and I was EBF. I'm KFC that it doesn't happen this time around. I'm supposed to be having the NovaSure procedure done in September which *should* mean no more AF's ever for me. When my AF's did come though they were awful after having babies.

Heather- I think I paid like $400-450 for wedding stationary back in 2001. That was with the 40% off discount that my DH's company gave if you used one of their corporate people. I got invites, RSVP's, and thank you cards.
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Job : RN

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:14 am

owie... i'm stiff, but surprising not as stiff as I thought I would be after running for the first time in 12 years... lol

I pushed myself around that pond... poor nathaniel I pushed even harder. I let him walk a few steps, but then would say ok? lets keep going... his coaches r not going to let him drag for too long, he really needs to be able to run around the field like the rest of the kids.
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:41 am

Candice- sounds like Carson is doing great!!

Becky - sorry about going back to work

Aara- good job on the running!

I am paying off DH truck today!!! So excited for no more car payments!!!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting4baby Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:09 am

Hi, girls. I have A LOT of catching up to do. Our show is finally over!!!! This week I am just celebrating my baby girl turning one on Friday and of course doing tons of work to prepare for our next season which starts Monday.

BUT...I am finally using the spa day gift card you all got for me 2 years ago when I lost Gregory. At the time I barely considered leaving my house, let alone pampering myself....and then the time slipped away. And now I NEED this so bad and am so thankful I have it to use. AND, it has made me think more of Gregory and I'm happy about that.

So thank you!
waiting4baby
waiting4baby

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:14 am

OMG! she is turning one already? where did the time go...
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:14 am

O! and yay Becky for paying off the truck! that is a big excitment
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:56 am

Holly- as I said on FB...happy anniversary and enjoy your spa time! And happy birthday to Gwen! Do you ever get the feeling that Gregory is watching over Gwen...little signs here and there?

Becky- yay for no more car payments!!!

Heather- we didn't may much for invites either. I got the ones from Michaels that you print on a computer yourself. So...maybe $60?
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next