Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC a Miracle 2009

+15
CJTTC
CJ71903
sstjohn77
KieyasMommy
Brennan&Leosmama
Tommygirl2002
momtoogsncjs
mfowler08
mommaking0105
Bensmom
shannon luddy
denise73
Adrienne1010
BeckC1210
ajvinsh
19 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by BeckC1210 Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:31 am

Denise-Yay for the little one being where he/she should be! Hope your infection gets better asap.

Becky-Yay for the potty! I put one in the bathroom for Nick, he likes to sit on it fully clothed but we haven't attempted anything more yet.

Tasha-So excited for you! I hope Malika makes it here soon!

Stacey-Glad you and DH are working things out and that you cleared the air with your BF. I felt the same way with Nick and him being at my cousins with her while I was at work, but trust me, he knows who is mommy is! Nothing is better than when I get there to pick him up and he comes running with his arms open and a big smile on his face. They ALWAYS know who mommy is and they may love the people that take care of them, but Mommy is Mommy and to them there is nothing better.

Aara-good luck with packing and getting everything moved this weekend. I can't wait to see the after pictures!

AFM-Hanging with Nick today and one of my friends from work. Don't know what we are going to do but she is coming over for lunch and then we are going to take him somewhere. Just wish he would nap, hes been in his crib talking to himself for 20 minutes now, usually it doesn't take this long!

Hope everyone is having a good day! TTYL!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:12 am

Stacey- don't worry about Brody. He knows his mommy. I was concerned that Jalen would prefer my SIL (she's his daycare) over me, but that's not true. She is kind of mommy-ish to him, but not mommy. She's like a mommy jr or a second place mommy. She's just a good substitute for me when I'm not around.

Denise- yay for a great u/s! It's so fun that your DH is soooo excited!
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:54 pm

Aara - Oh no! Just reading about your days makes me tired I can not imagine how you could do it on no sleep. I hope you get some rest. At least it is all going to be worth it in the end. I can not wait to see the finished result.

Denise - Has the pain begun to go away yet?

Becy C. - I needed to hear that. Thanks! I hope Nick finally napped before your outing.

Adrienne - I am so glasd to hear that others felt he same way and that everything is working out for them. I am so glad to hear that I will not be replaced in his mind. :}

Clare - In case you are lurking. I pray for you every night. I hope you come on and share your milestones regarding your pregnancy with us. I am still so excited that you are pregnant.

AFM: Work has been very busy. I was handed 10 projects the day I returned from maternity leave and was told once I was caught up on those that there were 5 more on hold waiting for me. LOL Not to mention that one of the projects is very big. It will impact about 40,000 people in our company 15,000 of them I am responsible for. I guess I will be very busy for the next few months.
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by mommaking0105 Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:48 pm

Okay no change in progression. Dr. did say that I had not thinned out at all. So I have decided to go ahead and get induced on Wed. I'm getting kinda worried because other women on other forums have been saying it wasn't a good idea for that because it's an increase chance of c-section. I can see that, but i'm miserable and so ready to get her out. What do ya'll ladies think. And any advice for those that have had an induction. I may not need one if she is like me. My mom had me one day before my due date. I really don't want her to come this weekend since my dr. will be out of town, so i'm going to rest until about Sun. and start walking more.
mommaking0105
mommaking0105

About My Family : I'm a teacher, wife, and mother to a wonderful daughter

Job : Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Tasha- I was going to be induced on Saturday night. I ended up in the hospital, already in labor, on Friday night. I had the induction scheduled and everything...then he was born on Saturday morning (day after his due date). Maybe you can have it scheduled for Wednesday, and she'll find out and not like that, and come out on her own!
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:39 pm

Tasha ~ there were 5 of us in real life who were pregnant at the same time and 4 of them were induced. 3 had to have c-sections and 2 of us didn't. I was one that didn't. Don't let not being thinned out worry you. When I went in for my induction, I wasn't dilated at all and wasn't thinned at all. All it took for me to start labor was one suppository of cervidil. The doctor put that in me at 6 pm and my labor started at 9:30, my water broke on it's own at 10:15 and Alexa was born at 2:11 am. So, it was only around 4 and a half hours. I loved it and would do that again in a heartbeat. If you are miserable, go for it!
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by mommaking0105 Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:05 pm

Denise - thank you, that makes me feel better about my decision. I'm just really tired and ready to get this over with.

Adrienne - well that is what my mom says she thinks will happen. That I will go into labor on Tuesday.
mommaking0105
mommaking0105

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:31 pm

Tasha - I have had 2 perfect inductions. Keep in my they weren't my first babies so I don't know if that changed anything or not but I had no problems. Even with Olivia being born at 35 weeks. Mycervix was very much closed and very long so ready not to deliver but after 24 hours of cervidil and som good contractions it worked just fine. Now Lily I went into labor on my own but was given the pit to help me get into a better pattern and also thin me out more. Sooooo... I dont know if that is considered an induction or not but that worked great s well. The fact that you are dilated already is a good sign that your cervix is ripening wether not your thinned out of not and with a cervix that is dilated it is more favorable for the induction. Some women have had bad experiences with them but Caleb, Olivia and sort of Lily have all been inductions and they went smoothly. I am sure it will go great for you.

Stacey - So glad that the issue with your friend have been resolved and you can still remain close to her, that's a win win situation for both of you.

Aara - yeah you've got your hands full this week. I would like to see before and after pictures lol

Denise - So happy to hear that the little bean had a heartbeat and that you were given medicine for the infection and hopefully that pain will start to go away.

Becky - glad to hear that Leo is a potty goer now!!!!

Beckt C- So what did you guys end up doing after lunch today?

Ok as for me I have a few things going on this week that are kinda big. Well as you know I am having my tubes done on Friday. Well I have a dentist appt on Thursday to get my teeth filled.
But I am so excited....... I have been applying to the local hospital here in York well pretty much since I have been off of work since Olivia. I know that is a hard place to get into so I just keep applying for certain positions with no luck. Well......................guess what finally I got a call from them yesterday and they are doinf precreening calls for this position that I applied for. So they are calling me on Thursday at 10:30 for the prescreening. I no it doesn't mean I have the job or anything like that but i am still excited that someone was remotely interested in me. Wish me luck I need to make a good inpression. I really am ready to go back to work. I don't think I am cut out for this staying at home ith 2 babies. I just don't have the patience like I used to have and I find myself not feeling like myself. Not in a PPD kind of way just a normal out of my element way. I did ok with Olivia because she was a happy baby and easy going but it's hard with Lily she is more high maintence and fussy alot so I can't even put her down some days. Then I can't really go anywhere by myself like the park because I can't chase after Olivia and tend to Lily at the same time. Well anyway that is all for now. I will talk to you all again soon.

PS Thanks for letting me vent a bit, I think I just feel guilty for wanting to go back to work.
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 pm

Denise - Glad your appointment went well yesterday and baby is in the right place. As for the soft ring on the potty...Kieya would put in on her head like it was a hat. It just took many, many, many times of telling her no before she started leaving the ring on the potty.

Becky - Yay for Leo going pee on the potty!!! Kieya's not doing so good with potty training right now. Its like she knows she is suppose to go in the potty but because that's what we want her to do she wont do it. Oh well, she will get back on track soon.

Stacey - Glad you were able to work things out with your BF. As for Brody, he will always know who his mommy is & will be very excited to see you when you go to pick him up from daycare (will atleast most days...sometimes Kieya just wants to stay & play with her friends but it's because she's having so much fun).

Tasha - Hope LO decides to make her appearance after your dr gets back but before induction.

Gigi - Hope your appointments go well and that you get the job.
KieyasMommy
KieyasMommy

Job : Board Eligible Orthotist/Resident Prosthetist

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:07 pm

Gigi-We walked to the playground near my house and Nick had a blast! As for going back to work, I think you should do whatever makes you happy! Would it be full or part time? I have to say, I have spent a few weeks straight being home with Nick and as much as I love him, I don't think I would be happy or myself if I stayed home 100% of the time. Right now working 4 days a week is nice, although I would prefer 3, lol. I know I am going to be upset when I have to go back full time. I don't know how you are staying home full time with 2 that are so close in age! Good luck with the pre-screening and congrats on getting the call! Oh, and good luck with your tubal ligation friday!

Tasha-I went into labor naturally with Nick, but did have to have pitocin after I stopped progressing at about 4cm because I had the epidural so early. It sped things up thats for sure! I went from 4cm to 10cm in about an hour! I think if you are uncomfortable then go for it, I definitely would!

AFM-Nick and I had a nice day today with my friend, we ended up at the playground near my house. We were going to go to the zoo or something, but then realized it school vacation here and it would be a madhouse!

I have to work tomorrow and friday and then DH and I have a wedding on saturday. Its for a girl that works with me, she's our secretary on Saturdays. I have to say, most of us at work were all kind of surprised we got invited. She isn't someone I invited to my wedding because we aren't close but I know she doesn't have much family/friends so we are all going. I figure, hey, its a day out! The reception is at 11am though, never been to a day wedding before. I figure I will be buzzed by 1pm and hungover by 5pm, lol.

I am watching Idol Gives Back and its making me cry!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

Back to top Go down

Post by mommaking0105 Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:58 pm

Gigi - good luck about the job.
mommaking0105
mommaking0105

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:27 am

Tasha - I will not say that induction is easy, but I was induced with Aislynn, I was 40 weeks and it was so much easier with the two boys to plan when she was coming...lol...but I did not have a c section, i was longer than either of the other two births and at one point my midwife did come in and say that if i have not dialted any further then they would have to look at a c section b/c the baby was starting to stress. Luckily things had moved and an hour after that she was born...so it really just depends. There is a chance, but that does not always mean it will happen.

Gigi - gl with the job. I had the same worry about the park with two lil ones when i was BFing Lynn yet, so I saved the park for days when Dh could go along. Now its easier (sometimes) Alex usually goes and plays on the slide by himself now. I never really thought about handling stay at home, it always came naturally to me. I don't know, maybe that is why I stay so busy with my books and horses all the time...lol...you always welcome to come visit me Smile

Stacey - I am glad you were able to talk to your friend. I don't know with twins but I know with Alex and Lynn, it is easier to stay home then try and go out to a resturant or shopping with them...maybe you two can do playdates, the playground or something so the twins can run around while you two sit and talk...

I did get a full nights sleep last night...YAY...but I am still very tired...I swear that is Robert ever mentions the word "moving" again he had better have 20 acres and four horses or he is NEVER having sex again...lol...I am done, not doing it...
I will talk to you girls tomorrow evening Smile
xx
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

About My Family : love

Back to top Go down

Post by mommaking0105 Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:34 am

Aara - you must be tired of all this going back and forth. I hope ya'll are able to finish soon. Well I will be 40 weeks on wed. so I'm hoping that it runs smoothly.

AFM - woke up this morning feeling blah...with a sore throat and dh has a sore throat too. The pollen here is really bad and I was out more yesterday than i have been in the past week. Well let me to and rest somemore.
mommaking0105
mommaking0105

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:56 am

Tasha- I went in with Leo to be induced. I couldnt get pit. though b/c his heartrate kept dropping-I was already in labor. I have 3 close friends who have been induced and none needed c-section. Good Luck!!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

Back to top Go down

Post by mfowler08 Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:43 am

Hi Ladies! I've been reading, but nothing really new to share.

Gigi--Follow your heart. I know that I would 'like' to stay at home if we were to ever have children...but work has been a part of my life for so long that I don't know if I could handle not going. As it is, I've been out of work since March 12th...and I am starting to get really bored. The only thing keeping me from going crazy is all the planning of the moving & such.

Tasha--I am keeping my fingers crossed & saying prayers that your birthing goes well.

Clare--I am thinking of you and hoping you are doing well.

Aara--I hope your move this weekend goes well! I know I can't wait to sleep in my own bed again.

Stacey--I agree with everyone else that Brody will always know you are his mommy. I went to daycare when I was little. And while I liked my caregivers...it was nothing to what I felt for my mom.

Hi to everyone else that I've forgotten.
AFM: My allergies are still kicking my butt, but they are slowly getting better. I am not needing to take as much medication, but I still sound like a man. It was supposed to rain yesterday, but it didn't. I was really hoping the rain would help clear out the rest of the pollen. Now it's supposed to rain all weekend while we are moving. Argh!!!!
Well, I better go call the moving company and make sure we are still on for the delivery tomorrow.
mfowler08
mfowler08

About My Family : Happily married to Vincent

Job : RN

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:05 am

Tasha - Hopefully you do not have to get induced. I can not offer any advice on the subject because I did not get induced. My Dr. would not let me get an induction until I was past my due date by at least a week. I can remember however that I would have given anything to get an induction because I was so uncomfortable. So I understand what you are going through. I would have gone for it if my Dr. would have allowed it.

Gigi - That is such great news. Praying that the prescreening goes well and you get the job. I feel the same way about being a SHAM. I admire the women who do it but I just do not think I would be cut out for it. Maybe if I worked half days I could do it but I am not sur eI would like to do it full time. I really could not imagine trying it with more then one child. LOL Good Luck!!

Alicia - how is Kieya feeling these days?

Becky C. - LOL I have never been to a day wedding either. A day out would be really nice. I hope you have tons of fun!!

Maureen - It is so nice to hear that someone remembers going to daycare and knew the difference between mommy and the caregivers. Praying your move goes smoothly.

AFM: I have been up since 1am this morning. Brody woke up at 1am to eat and then woke up every 20 minutes after that. He just would not sleep. I am working from home today and he is so tired but still not sleeping. He is not running a temp so I am not sure what is wrong. I did hear that one child from his daycare was found to have fifth disease but Brody does not have red checks, a rash or a temp so I am hoping that he did not get it. From what I understand it is most common in older children but anyone can get it if they are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Does anyone know if that is true? Right now my MIL is here helping out wiht Brody so I can get some work done. She is trying to rock him upstairs to put him to sleep but I have never had luck putting him down. If he falls asleep in your arms, he tends to wake up the minute you lay him in his crib. Hopefully this time will be different.
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:15 pm

Becky C. - I watched Idol Gives Back last night too, but then right before the results portion, my DVR cut out! Stupid thing! Hoping that DH will get it fixed.

Gigi - Good luck with the job! Sounds like a good gig for you!

Aara - Hopefully you'll get caught up on your rest soon! You've been SO busy lately. I don't check the board everyday, so how is the house coming along?

Tasha - Allergies - yikes! Hope you and DH start feeling better soon. Have you taken any allergy meds at all? Zyrtec, Benadryl, and Claritin are safe for pregnancy according to my RE.

Maureen - Allergies stink! Hope you are able to get yours under control. It seems like spring or fall is usually the worst for people. Everything is in bloom.

Stacey - Hope Brody is better soon. Poor guy is overtired - that has to be hard on him (and you).

Denise - Glad to hear that everything went well at your appointment!

Candice - If you're lurking, I've been thinking of you and Carson lately! Congrats again!

Holly - How are you doing?

AFM - Thanks to all that have been thinking of me. I'm doing well. This is still so surreal for me. I'm so happy that I'm finally pregnant! I don't feel too much different lately. I would say that I am hungry more often and I don't care for ice cream or sweets really at all anymore when I used to LOVE them before (seriously, I used to want ice cream EVERYDAY). I guess that I'm a little more tired lately and thirsty too, but nothing awful by any means. I'll be 6 weeks on Sunday. Smile
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:37 pm

Clare ~ we're close. According to my LMP I'll be 6 weeks on Tuesday! You may feel a few more symptoms soon because by 6 weeks the baby(ies) are now feeding off of you. And to let you know, I just ate a huge bowl of ice cream - at 2:25 in the afternoon. I can usually go without it!

Stacey ~ I hope Brody sleeps for you a bit today. I hate it when they go through those little spurts of not sleeping.

Becky C ~ have fun!

Gigi ~ good luck with your call! As for working, you need to do what you feel is best for you. I do fine at home everyday but I know some girls who HAVE to go to work. And that's fine, too!

Hi to EOE. I had an awful night last night. My stomach was so upset. I think it's the meds. But my aches and pains are almost gone. I'm going to try and finish this lesson of school. I REALLY REALLY need to finish. I'll BBL.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:31 pm

Hi girls Smile

Tasha- I hope you go into labor soon. I was induced with Olivia at 40w3d and I was 1.5cm and like 50% effaced. I ended up with a c/s Sad She was a posterior presentation and her head was too big to fit in my pelvis. My sisters were induced and they had vaginal births.

Denise- I hope your belly feels better soon.

Clare- You'll probably start feeling different in another week or two.
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Back to top Go down

Post by shannon luddy Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Hey guys!

Tasha- oh my gosh i am dieing from this pollen too! its supposed to rain this weekend so i hope that helps you and your DH. get some rest! your having that sweet girl soon right?!

Denise- i am sorry your not feeling good, i hope you feel better!

Clare- yay 6 wks! My sister also loves ice cream ( i think it runs in our family Wink ) and she never craved it with oliver. not saying your having a boy, but maybe Wink

gotta cut it short, my dh just told me we are going to dinner and im wearing workout clothes. be back!
shannon luddy
shannon luddy

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful free spirited man, and we have a doxie pup whom we adore. We are hoping to be blessed with a baby soon.

Job : photographer/server

http://www.shanleephotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Shannon-My BF got her DH's results back and they were even worse than before Sad . His count and motility were REALLY bad. He met with a urologist today who told him that he thinks its due to a veriocele (?sp). Which is what Denise's DH had. He has to go for an ultrasound on saturday to confirm it.

Denise-I hope you are feeling better! Wondering if you could give me some info on the surgery Chris had. My BF has been TTCing for about a year and her DHs SA came back not good twice. The dr seems to think he has the same problem as your DH and hes going for an ultrasound saturday, was Chris's SA bad too?

Clare-Yay for 6 weeks! I think I ate ice cream every night when I was preggo, but that also included everything that wasn't nailed down, lol.

Stacey-I don't know if babies can get 5ths disease, I know I had it when I was about 7 or 8. I am sure he will be fine, just keep an eye on him like I know you will anyway Very Happy .

AFM-Nick had a great time with my mom today. She took the day off to watch him because MIL is away. She wishes she wasn't working full time so she could take a day a week, so do I!

Have a good night!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:42 pm

Stacey - Kieya has been doing pretty good. Yesterday she was really fussy & this morning she woke up with a REALLY runny diaper. It got everywhere so I had to give her a bath which made me late for work. After getting all of that out of her though she was in a really good mood & wasn't being clingy like yesterday. The bad thing is I think it was a 24 hour virus because today my stomach has been upset & I've had diarrhea. Hopefully I'm feeling better tomorrow because I'm suppose to go to a high school career day thing to talk to a bunch of kids about the orthotic & prosthetic profession.

Denise & Clare - Yay for being almost 6 weeks.

Well, guess I'm gonna get off of here & lay down because I'm not feeling to well. TTYAL.
KieyasMommy
KieyasMommy

Job : Board Eligible Orthotist/Resident Prosthetist

Back to top Go down

Post by mfowler08 Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:10 am

Clare-- Thanks for checking in with us! I'm glad you are feeling ok...hope it stays that way for you! When do you go in for your first ultrasound? At 8 weeks? How is your DH handling the news? I am still so excited/happy for you.

Stacey--Sorry you didn't get any rest last night. But that is really sweet of you r MIL to come over and help out with Brody! Hopefully the little guy will get some sleep soon...and let you get some too!

Denise--Glad to hear you are feeling ok too. How exciting that you and Clare are going through this together! You will have to get Alexa a big sister t-shirt now!

Holly--How are things going? Miss you!

Shannon--Hope you had fun going out w/your DH!

Alicia--Hope you are feeling better today.

AFM: This morning I get to go hang out at my empty apartment waiting for the moving company to bring the trailor with all of our stuff in it. I talked to the lady yesterday morning & she was supposed to let me know what time they would be there...but she never called me back. I am planning on calling her in a little while if I don't here from her first. Sears is also delivering my new washer/dryer between 12-4. I am so excited!! I did a bunch of research on the internet before we bought this one. DH keeps laughing at me b/c I can't wait to try it out. Laughing
mfowler08
mfowler08

About My Family : Happily married to Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:11 am

Denise- sorry you had a bad night. Hope you feel better.

Maureen- yay for getting your stuff!!!

I am a little annoyed with DH. His friend is in town and we are having a BBQ sunday. I asked him to ask his family if they are coming and let me know by today so I can go by store. Last night he still forgot to ask them. He got annoyed with me b/c I wanted to know. He has talked to his brother every day this week and hasnt asked. Money is tight right now and if they arent coming I am not buying extra food. It is a diff. of 6 people. URGH. He was like " you have his number, call him". What a butt. I am just gonna buy like they arent coming.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:05 am

Maureen - My husband is VERY excited about it all!! He's handling it very well and keeps saying how beautiful I am lately and how good I look. Last Saturday, he spent the day cleaning the house which was nice too. It's wonderful how he's been, actually. Smile My first u/s is May 4 so a week from Tuesday. I really hope and pray that everything goes well at it - makes me a bit nervous to think about it really. What kind of laundry machines did you get? I love my front loaders that I got last summer when we moved! They clean my clothes so nicely and have all kinds of cool settings (most of which I never use). Smile

Becky C. - Glad to hear that Nick had a nice time with your mom!

Alicia - Hope you feel better soon!

Becky - DH's don't always get it, do they? Mine can be annoying too sometimes. Good luck!
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next