Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!!

+8
kariweber
KoopMomma
mommy2monkeys
newlywed514
southernbelle
shell516
Mattiegrl
denise73
12 posters

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!! - Page 4 Empty Re: BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!!

Post by denise73 Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:56 am

Mattie ~ the blood you were throwing up was probably from your throat being so irritated. As for treating kidney infections, they'd use another antibiotic and if it's bad enough to cause you a lot of pain, they'll put you in the hospital for IV antibiotics. I hope it goes away and yep, cranberry juice is icky stuff.

Hi to EOE. I feel like crap today. My head hurts, my muscles ache, and I'm just bleah. We're supposed to go to lunch with Chris' mom today b/c it' her birthday but I may have to back out. I hope I'm not getting sick, sick, but just a little bug.

TTYL.

PS ~ Shell - I saw Delaney was up all night sick. I hope she's feeling better.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!! - Page 4 Empty Re: BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!!

Post by babyblue2007 Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:05 am

Mattie - I heard that bladder infections should be taken seriously especially while pregnant. My mom was hospitalized when pg with me due to a kidney infection (started in her bladder that she ignored). Hope you feel better

Shell - Sorry to hear Delaney is sick. Speedy recovery.

Denise - I hope your not getting sick either. I am like you and can tell when its coming on. I start to feel blah as well. Take some vitamin C!! Smile

Nothing new on my end. A good friend of mine had their baby yesterday. Its a boy, a little over 7lbs. A far cry from their 4lb preemie they had 1 year and a half ago!!

wpl
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

About My Family : My little boy is 3, daughter will be 1 in March, my husband is over-the-hill, and i am halfway up it.

Job : Nursing Student

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:07 am

Oh, so is it wrong that Trey still sleeps in his crib? He is comfortable in there, but i was just feeling a tad guilty about it the other day. I just dont know if i want to deal with any major changes with a new baby coming. My plan was to have Trey in his crib until around June. By that time, the baby should be STTN pretty well to use Trey's old crib, then move Trey to a toddler bed. What do you all think?

tootles.
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

About My Family : My little boy is 3, daughter will be 1 in March, my husband is over-the-hill, and i am halfway up it.

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:14 pm

Misty - thanks. I am headachy and blah and when I got up today Chris was like - finally, my turn. I was pissed b/c Alexa's diaper was WAY full and she was still in her pj's ~ at 3:30. That only tells me he was sleeping while she played. Plus she never napped. He said she "wouldn't". Um, really?? Then why did it take me 10 minutes to put her down. Whatever. As for Trey and his crib - if he's not crawling out of it or climbing on stuff, I don't see a need to take him out.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by kariweber Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:01 pm

Misty- You are almost there! As for the crib... I see it two ways: One- you keep Trey in and then hope that he is ready to change out when the baby needs it. Hopefully he won't resent it, or feel "booted out" by the baby. Two- You start the transition to a toddler bed or bed now, so that by the time the baby comes and is ready for the crib Trey no longer sees it as HIS crib. Also, what if when the baby comes, that is when Trey starts climbing out, or having issues. Is THAT when you would want to deal with this? Just a suggestion... but we were a little different, Zachary was done with the crib at 18 months because he HATED it, he never climbed out, or even stood up in it. Just HATED it! Oh by the way... I LOVE your confidence about how long until Olivia will be STTN... Ha Ha! Snort... Ahhhhhh I hope you are right! In my house? That is LAUGHABLE! HA HA HA!

Shell- We did miss you, glad you checked back!

Tara- Wow. Ouch. and Damn. I really respect the path you two are taking. Jeff is under more stress than the normal individual, and although it doesn't condone the decision, if I were in his place, I may be more likely to make a bad decision too. I am proud of you two for wanting to save the marriage and work it out. I think too often, couples throw in the towel with out even an effort to fix it. Good Luck! We are here for you!
For what it is worth, I AM TOTALLY NOT ONE TO THINK THAT CHEATING IS RIGHT, however... I do NOT think that what he did was the same as someone who engages in a physical relationship. Is it wrong? ABSOLUTELY. Is it hurtful and saddening, etc.? YES OF COURSE. But is it the same? I don't think so. There has to be something said for NOT making the decision to become physical. For stopping. And, for telling you. Talking to someone in my book (even though it was graphic) is different than engaging in physical acts. Especially since physical acts expose a cheater to disease, risks, that they could then pass to you. I know you guys can get back your trust, and relationship.

Mattie- Any infection has the potential to be dangerous, especially if you are pregnant. Even if it is making you sick, that side-effect will be short lived, until the medication is done. Side-effects from an untreated, dangerous infection may be irreversible.

Back to school this week... I have had Starbucks two days in a row.
We are very close to possible getting a refinance on the house that would allow us to have a better payment etc. But MAN does that process STINK! I just want it to be OVER.
My house is a mess, and I have NO desire to work on cleaning it.

Kari
kariweber
kariweber

About My Family : DH is Chris (32), Zach (7-2-05), and Jackson (4-21-09), Love all my boys!

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:46 am

Kari - HAHA! Yeah, well I have a vivid imagination for sure. Trey was a really good sleeper and slept in 3-4 hr stretches from the start. There's always hoping i guess. Thanks for the input on the crib. I guess Trey will stay put. He did climb out once 5 months ago, but it startled him so bad that he's never attempted it again, lol.

Denise - Hi ya!!!
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:22 pm

echo echo echo....So i have been thinking for the longest that LO needs another middle name, and i think i may have found it. How do you like this?

Olivia Jordyn Grace May

I love it.
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:01 pm

Misty ~ that's cute!! I like it.

It's been quiet lately. I hope everyone is ok. No fair having busy lives, interrupting our board!!

As for me, I'm boring. Just feeding Alexa dinner, waiting for more snow, and then gonna freeze our butts off this weekend. I hate winter.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by kariweber Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:13 pm

I like it Misty! Does Trey have multiple names?

Kari
kariweber
kariweber

About My Family : DH is Chris (32), Zach (7-2-05), and Jackson (4-21-09), Love all my boys!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattiegrl Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:24 pm

Thank you everyone for the advice. Im gonna get tested again to see if the infection has gone away. If not then Im sure she'll find a better med to put me on. We had our big u/s today and its a BOY!! There go all of our cute girl names lol.
Misty- Oh I love it!! Really I think its a beautiful name.
Denise- How are you feeling?
Mattiegrl
Mattiegrl

About My Family : Just another crazy california family and lovin it!

Back to top Go down

Post by kariweber Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Ok, I have a problem, that doesn't really seem like a problem... Here goes:
I had Winter break, so was home for 2 weeks. That means that for two weeks, the boys didn't go to daycare. That means that for two weeks, Jackson didn't drink from a bottle. Now... he WON'T drink from a bottle. AT ALL. At first this seemed fine. He has weened from a bottle, and can get SOME from a sippy cup. But really he isn't much interested. He is still nursing fine from me, ALL. NIGHT. LONG. BUT, I am 1) afraid he isn't getting enough liquid during the day, and 2) does this mean that I can't have anyone watch them for me for very long?! Although Jacks eats like a HORSE, he is still only 8 months old, and should really still be getting the majority of his calories from formula or breast milk. Last night he was up seriously EVERY hour and a half. ALL.NIGHT. LONG! I think part of this is maybe because he isn't really drinking in the daytime. Did this BOTTLE strike happen to anyone else's kids at this age? Zachary was off BFing by 7 months, so this wasn't an issue. And Zach didn't even get formula at all until he was off Breast milk. I don't know if I should keep pushing the bottle, or just encourage the sippy or other cup... Either way I am not pumping anymore, so whatever he gets when away from me is formula... Ok, that was a novel. Any suggestions?

Mattie- I LOVE MY BOYS! You guys are going to have so much fun! How exciting! Isn't it funny, Misty had a boy, and now is having a girl. You have a girl, and now are having a boy! I am totally outnumbered in my house.

THANK GOD for the weekend! This was an incredibly LOOOOOOONG week.

Is it bedtime yet?

Kari
kariweber
kariweber

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:35 am

Kari - Alexa would stop drinking when she was teething, especially her upper teeth. She would worry my but she was fine. As for Jacks, hmmmm......I don't know b/c I never nursed. It sounds like he's reverting for some reason and since he has you there at night, he's taking advantage of it (for lack of a better word). And it's not like you're stopping bf-ing so refusing him to nurse is out of the question. I'm sorry.....I'm no help at all. When Alexa went through this, I would just leave a sippy of water on the floor with her all day long. She would drink here and there on that. OH - you don't live near where the earthquake happened, do you? I hope not!!!

Misty - did your BH contractions stop? Those things can be painful when you least expect it. Tell Miss Olivia she still has a few weeks to go in there!

Mattie - yay for your new little boy. Were you totally shocked it was a boy? Do you have a name picked out?

Shell - ok. SO we're supposed to have a warm up to the 40s this week. I'll believe it when I see it. BUT I keep hearing there is another storm brewing down in the Gulf and more snow for the weekend. I was going to try to go to Pittsburgh but that isn't happening now.

Hi to EOE. Just been reallllll lazy lately. I don't know why. I need to get my butt back in gear. Plus I have O pains in my side and back. Forgot about those when I stopped the pill - lol. Anyway, have a great Sunday and I'll talk to you later.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by kariweber Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:41 am

Denise- Yeah, he is done. He is breast feeding like a champ whenever it is offered. Night, Day, doesn't matter. Just doesn't want the bottle. Remember how hard it was for me to get him to even go on the bottle in the first place?!? Today we went to the aquarium and I took a cheap Take N Toss sippy with us with water in it. He was SUCKING it down. So now I at least know that he knows HOW to drink from it, and isn't going to go thirsty. I guess he is just done! I think I might ask my babysitter to try for a few more days to offer the bottle, just in case, but I guess we are on to sippy!

AFM: We went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium today (we are members) and took my MIL. Today was the 12th anniversary of Chris's dad passing away from Cancer. We always try to go to the beach, or take her somewhere on this day. It was a good day. Zachary loves the aquarium, and Jackson was like his head was on a swivel the whole day! Back to work tomorrow... ugh. My Sister in Law (Chris's younger-older sister) the one that lived with my MIL for two years because they had two kids and were broke, and then decided that would be a perfect time to get pregnant... is due to have her C-section on Thursday. I am excited for a new nephew, but done with my SIL's drama! We will see!

Oh and we were near one earthquake that happened on Tuesday about 4 miles from us that was a 4.2, but I was working and didn't feel it. The bigger one that was offshore was about 300 miles north of me, so we didn't feel anything. But, I got to say... I would take an earthquake any day over hurricanes, tornadoes, or even GIGANTIC snow storms! Surprised)

Kari
kariweber
kariweber

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:09 pm

Mattie - Congrats on Team Blue!! That's awesome!!! Smile

Denise - Thank for the compliment on the name. Frank doesnt particularly like it, but i am going to do more convincing. I like it. Sorry its snowing so darn much. It doesnt look like its going to let up anytime soon Sad That's a bummer. Hope you guys dont go stir crazy in the house. When we lived up north that was a challenge. We always were couped up. But with a baby that would be worse.

Kari - Hi lady. Well Trey's full name is "Benjamin Franklin May III" Is the 3rd considered a fourth name? I dunno. But Frank seem to think that her name is too long, and i just started laughing because look at Trey's name!!! Jeez. Whatever, i will win this one. Just need time. Trey has always loved his bottles, but if he is weaning himself then i say go for it. I understand your worry though about not getting enough liquids, hence the reason why we are having such a hard time STILL parting with his nightly bottle!! (not good i know, that's another story) I say let him do what he's comfortable doing. Afterall you really cant force him to take the bottle. Smile
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

Back to top Go down

Post by shell516 Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi lovies! Did you think I disappeared again? No such luck! Hehe!

Misty - I really like that name combo you came up with. Very cute - I say it's a keeper!

Mattie - Yay for a little boy! How awesome! So very excited for you and the family!

Kari - I'm not a huge fan of any type of natural disaster but I think I'll take the hurricanes. At least you know when they are coming and can prepare for them, right? My MIL always talks about how dangerous our hurricanes and such are on the east coast. Meanwhile, they have tornadoes that just pop up and ruin towns! LOL I'm so glad you weren't TOO close to that earthquake. Ooooh, I love going to the aquarium! Sounds like a great day!

Denise - Seriously? WHAT warm up? 40 degrees? Geesh! I'm OVER winter. DONE. I want spring and summer PRONTO! I think I heard something about another storm too but they are saying that our temps will be warm enough that it probably won't amount to anything. We shall see...

AFM, nothing new here. Just busy with work, kids, hubby, cleaning, laundry, oh and that thing called sleep. LOL I have to tell you, this weather is making it really hard for me to leave the house these days. I would much rather stay in my pjs and hibernate!

I'll BBL!

Loves!
shell516
shell516

About My Family : My name is Shelley (29), my DH is Ryan (31) and we have two kiddos, Dylan (6) and Delaney (2)

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:55 am

YAY someone posted!! Smile

Hi Shell!

Nothing new on my end though, lol. The doc appt yesterday was uneventful, so i guess that is good. Baby's HB was 124bpm, which i thought was a little slow, but the midwife didnt seemed at all concerned about it. My next appt is in 2 weeks and i am still measuring a tad ahead of schedule. My Maternity Leave starts at the end of this month and i am beyond grateful for that. I just want to be at home, although relaxing and having a 2yr really dont go together it beats having to be at work.

Anything new with anybody?
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:21 pm

Shell ~ it almost felt balmy outside today!! I was excited. Figure out your schedule and we'll do lunch. I'll brave the weather for you Very Happy

Misty ~ sounds like baby girl was asleep when they measured her heartbeat. I had a couple of lower ones with Alexa but she wasn't moving while he checked so we figured she was sleeping.

Kari ~ how's things out there in Cali? I wish I had your weather........

Hi to EOE. We had lunch today with my old co-workers and then went to babies r us to buy a new teething rail for the crib. We have a gummy rail on the one side but Alexa somehow pulled it off so I have to do another one.

She is pulling at me now so I've gotta run. TTYL.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:18 am

Denise - That's interesting. I never thought that baby was probably sleeping therefore the lower HB. Your right, she wasnt moving at all and really hadnt been much that morning. Hmmm. That makes me feel better thanks. A teething rail? Never heard of it. Does Alexa use it alot?

So Trey woke up at 615am this morning SCREAMING!!!! He was wet, so i changed him (hard to do while he was thrashing around like that), got him milk, and he was throwing a full on tantrum. I still dont know what his problem was to be honest. We put on his favorite DVD and sat there. He calmed down, by that time it was pretty much time to get up. Sad Errrr.
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

Back to top Go down

Post by southernbelle Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:24 am

Hey girls! It's time for my once a week post! I've have the crud AGAIN and the temps haven't gotten out of the 30's since the New Year so I've been very lazy. I swear, I have been so sick with this pregnancy. Not MS just random stuff. I've had bronchitis, stomach flu, sinus infection that turned into a head cold and then another terrible head cold this week! This little person is taking all my immunities or something! Whew!

Denise and Shell - I COULDN'T AGREE MORE with the ready for Spring! I keep telling everyone that I choose to live in the South for a reason and the reason is b/c I HATE cold weather! It has been miserable!

Mattie- CONGRATS on the little Boy! Boys are AWESOME you will love it! I'm sure you can find some cute boy names!

Misty- I love the name and I don't think it is too long! You know, all you and Denise's talks about the bottle and milk got me to thinking. Easton will only take his milk from a soft spout sippy. His juice and stuff we use a hard spout but not his milk. I bet he likes it b/c it's like him bottle! Huh...maybe we need to work on getting him away from that! And maybe you should try the soft spout ones with Trey. We use the Nuby ones.

Hello to everyone else!

My birthday is Saturday and I'm feeling really old! I'll be 31 and for some reason I'm having a hard time getting that to roll of the tongue! It should be a fun weekend though. We are going out to eat tonight and we have a wedding reception to go to tomorrow night. I love getting all spiffied up, even though my wardrobe choices are limited. After the reception we are actually going to the hospital for a little ultra sound that is on the down low! The nurse that works at my OBs office and I have became buddies and she also works nights in L&D so she told me to come to L&D Saturday night and she would sneek me in and do one so we can figure out if it is a girl or boy! I'm so excited but kinda nervous. I'm not a rule breaker so this hole sneaky ultrasound has me freaked out! I'll be sure to let you guys know ASAP! If it is a girl (which is what I think it is) her name will probably be Emerson Elise and if it is a boy his name will probably by either Eli or Cohen. We don't have any middle names for boys yet. So what is your honest opinion on the names???
southernbelle
southernbelle

About My Family : I'm Brandy, I have a wonderful Hubby, a wild little man Easton and another little miracle in the oven!

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:12 pm

Brandy ~ ugh. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Alexa was weird with sippies. She would only use the soft spout cups but then she started to bite the spout and water would pour out. She would only take milk out of bottles. Then one day I just tried the hard spout and put milk in the cup and she took it. I just taught her how to drink from a straw last week. Now if I could only get her to know she doesn't need to tilt the cup up with a straw - lol.

And LOL about breaking the rules. I had no problems breaking protocol when I was on the medic unit (they were stupid rules: had to call the ER to do a 3rd IV stick) and no one ever said anything to me. You'll be fine!! And I'm curious to see if you can tell! I love the girl's name and I like Eli better than Cohen. I don't like Cohen b/c I used to work with a guy who's last name was Cohen and he was a d-bag!

Misty - Alexa loved the Nuby cups. Just beware that if he's a "spout biter" he will bite a hole in it and they will leak. Yeah, Alexa would be asleep sometimes when I had an appointment. What happened was that I scheduled it at the end of my workday so I'd be driving for 45 minutes and i think it lulled her to sleep.

Kari - your new nephew is adorable! Was it your sister or SIL who gave birth? And he looked super alert in that pic on FB.

Shell - we were out yesterday and it almost felt like it was 80 degrees out - lol. I'm glad it's going to warm up but I heard there is a super duper rain storm coming on Sunday. I guess if it was colder it would be a super duper snow storm.

I'm just sitting here relaxing while Alexa is catching some zzzzz's. She needs to get back to her normal sleep schedule. These molars are going to be the deal of me!
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by kariweber Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Denise- It was my SIL, the one that lived with my MIL for two years, with her husband and two kids because they were broke... then figured that would be the perfect time to have another baby! Yeah! The baby is cute though! He was only minutes old at that time, and he was SUPER alert!

Misty- Hi! I hope that you are finding time to be comfortable this weekend! Yeah, for maternity leave almost starting!

Brandy- How exciting about the ultrasound! Don't worry about being sneaky, I am sure it will be fine!

I like Eli too, and I like your girl names. I am not as fond of Cohen either, but I think it is just because I have never heard it before...

Shell- It was 65 here yesterday, but I think we are in for some real rain for the next few days...
I don't like hurricanes, because even though you know they are coming, it doesn't seem like there is anyway to actually AVOID the damage... floods... etc.
At least I can make my home earthquake safe, and be fine. Tornadoes. I agree. I think they are the worst!

AFM: I went to the grocery store this morning and spent an amount of money I would rather not discuss... but boy were we out of EVERYTHING!
Kari
kariweber
kariweber

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:03 pm

BBC, MMT, and Now TTC a Miracle!! - Page 4 32weeks4D
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:55 pm

Kari ~ NOW I remember that SIL. Grrrrr.

Misty ~ look at her little squished up face. I can't believe she'll be here in less than 8 weeks!!

Hi to the rest of you lovies. Not much going on here. Getting ready to hit the bed. I'm sleepy and Alexa is asleep already.

TTYL
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by babyblue2007 Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Denise - Does it look like the cord is around her neck in the u/s pic? Worries me to no end.
babyblue2007
babyblue2007

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:43 pm

Misty ~ it could be but I'm not great at looking at the 3D/4D u/s pics. And even if it is, babies have a reflex - I forget what it's called - that makes them untangle themselves from the cord. Cord accidents are pretty rare. Alexa had the cord wrapped around her neck once. Don't worry yourself over it but if it's bothering you, talk to your doc about it.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next