Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC a Miracle 2009

+14
mfowler08
sstjohn77
Brennan&Leosmama
CJTTC
mommaking0105
denise73
Bensmom
NicksMom1210
momtoogsncjs
Tommygirl2002
CJ71903
ajvinsh
Adrienne1010
Admin
18 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 32 Empty Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by waiting4baby Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:38 pm

Becky and Stacey - Oh my goodness. I will be thinking DRY thoughts for your both. In 96 we had a huge flood and I will NEVER forget that. We have 7 feet of water in our basement where my bedroom was. I hope you guys don't lose much if anything at all.

Heather - Yuck. I just can't fathom why a teacher would do that and be so stupid about it.

Clare - This 2ww will seem like the worst ever. We will try to keep you busy. Did you ever see that I commented to you on your SAIF post?
waiting4baby
waiting4baby

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting4baby Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:05 am

Jeanette - Take it easy! Do you have people who can help you out so you don't have to exert too much physical effort at home? I'm worried about you.
waiting4baby
waiting4baby

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:17 am

Hi guys sorry I've been MIA it's nuts around here! As Becky and Stacey said it's bad here in RI and MA. We are blessed to have only minimal water in our basement...like only small puddles. But I couldn't get to my mom's yesterday becuase the road washed away!! This is just amazing to me. We are also going to be selling our house which is why I've been away....cleaning. We're supposed to go see a house tonight but it depends on if we can get to it with the flooding and if the house is flooded out and whatnot. Soooooo it's nuts! Keep RI in your prayers!
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:20 am

Heather - Wow, that is horrible.

Jesannette - WOW, Praying that this labor stops so your little bean can stay in to cook more.

The rain has finally stopped so I have been up since 6am pumping water out of our basement. The problem is that the rivers have not crested yet around us. I am on the border of CT in MA and since we are south we have to wait for the rivers to crest in the North before we finally get any relief. I am praying I can get the majority of water out of our basement today so I can assess damage.
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by CJTTC Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:44 am

I can't believe you ladies are dealing with so much water. I hope it will be over soon. Be careful.

Jeannette: Get some rest!! 28 weeks is definitely a huge milestone or at least that is what my OB said too when I was contracting. Good luck.

Clare: I guess I missed the question about fans and SIDS. The reason why that theoretically works is b/c is recirculates the air and you don't get the build up of carbon dioxide (CO2). CO2 in adults is a respiratory stimulant. Meaning when it builds up it causes you to breath. Babies are totally different and it is a respiratory depressant. The more CO2 they rebreathe (like when the are up against the bumpers or face down on the mattress) the more their resp. system doesn't want to continue breathing. This is basically SIDS. Fans are suppose the keep the air moving so that those pockets of CO2 don't develop. Hope that made sense and I am not even sure if you asked the question or someone else.

AFM: I am so happy to be home today. I didn't really sleep in that late but getting up at 7am is better than 5am. I have a dr. appt tomorrow afternoon and I am really hoping I made some progress. I don't want to go over my due date but not sure how I feel about induction either. We shall see what he says. Have a great day.

Candice

CJTTC

About My Family : Candice and Jason have been TTC since March 2007. We have endured multiple failed IUIs and have two children from 2 IVF cycles. We have a daughter waiting for us in heaven and our son, Carson was born 4-7-10! We are so blessed to have this little boy in our lives!

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:46 am

Becky, Stacey & Kate- I am thinking of you all. I hope the rain stops and flooding goes down soon for you. Be careful!

Jeannette- sorry the contractions picked back up. I am praying they stop and this LO keeps cooking until it is safe.

I ended up with both boys in bed with us about 4am. I was almost falling off. I was kinda happy when the alarm went off!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:48 am

Holly - I remember a while back thinking that it was you that commented on a morphology post. Is that the one that you were talking about? I have to say, that SAIF board seems great! They're so supportive and willing to answer any questions...hoping I get to be a part of it very, very soon.

Candice - Thanks for explaining that! I didn't know why that was, but apparently it makes sense.
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting4baby Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:42 am

Clare - I might have commented on that also. But I just realized it was you on your post about being scared of the ER. I was so excited to realize I knew who I was posting to!
waiting4baby
waiting4baby

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:59 pm

Holly - Ha! I'll have to go back and take a look! I didn't realize it, I guess. Smile
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:56 pm

Here some pics I took today, just a couple miles away from my house. This is the route I normally take to go to work. Went as far as I could before it was blocked off and took a couple pics...

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 32 Flood037
This is a Day Spa near my house, you can see the water is halfway up the building

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 32 Flood038
This is the road I take to get to work

Its really strange around here, there are helicoptors flying over constantly. Just found out the sewer pumps are starting to break down. We are being asked to not use a lot of water or flush the toilets a lot. They are saying it could be days until the highway over here opens back up. The way I will have to try to go to work is the way everyone else will too...gonna have to leave extra early tomorrow!!!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:02 pm

Becky C. - Wow! I'm definitely thinking of you guys lately. That must be so scary.
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:17 pm

Clare-Thanks! We were very lucky, our neighborhood has stayed dry so far. I know a lot of my neighbors have water in their basements, but luckily we have been spared. DH is at my grandmothers now try to get the water out of hers to protect her furnace.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:21 pm

Becky I went down to Exeter today and I drove over Route 2 and couldn't believe it!! My mom has to go to work at the hospital too but part of 102 is gone so she has to go a really round about way.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. My mom's basement where my old room is is done for. Everything is ruined that was on the floor including the washer, dryer, deep freezer, fridge, not to mention a TON of stuff. My brother works nights and jsut went home and slept becuase it wasn't even worth going to his basment to try to savage stuff. I think all the rivers have finally crested so hopefully the waters will start receeding. At least the next week is supposed to be nice.
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:37 pm

Becky C, Kate, and Stacey ~ I am sitting here feeling so sorry for you girls. Oy. That is a lot of water. I hope you can get it cleaned up and you can get to where you need to go.

Jeannette ~ happy 26 weeks!

Holly ~ have they ever thought to scope you to make sure you DO have an ulcer? Just a thought (not a pleasant one, tho)

Becky ~ sorry both boys ended up in your bed.

Hi to EOE. I know I'm missing people. My brain is fried today for some reason. I'm getting ready to knock out more school work. Then I'm headed to bed!
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:59 pm

I finally have internet at my house so I no longer have to worry about trying to get time at work to get online & keep up with what's going on with everyone. It has been so crazy at work. I even had to work Saturday & Sunday because I had a class I had to take so I can start fitting patients with the Walkaide (helps patients that have dropfoot walk). Sorry there is too much for me to go back & read though but I will keep up from now. Here's a few personals just from skimming this page & the previous.

Jeannette - Hope the contractions stop & there are no changes in the cervix when you go back next time.

Becky C. - That's a lot of water. Hope none of it ends up reaching your house. Drive careful on your way to work.

Kate & Stacey - Sorry to hear the water has got into your basements. Hope it doesn't cause much damage.

As for me I'm on CD 22 and so far no jump in temp indicating that I've ovulated. That is really strange for me because I always ovulate around CD 15 or 16. Well, I'm gonna go. Food is ready. I'll check back in tomorrow night.
KieyasMommy
KieyasMommy

Job : Board Eligible Orthotist/Resident Prosthetist

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:39 am

hi all...I knwo I am slightly behind on comments...

sorry to hear about all the water you guys, wow Becky...those pictures are odd to see, it looks more like New Orleans than RI...

Clare - I don't know if I posted and I don't know much about the process myself, but it sounds like it is all going good

Wow Tasha...every week now Smile YAY

Jeannette - sorry to hear the meds r not working anymore...but it is good to know that the baby is still doing fine and the contraction r not bothering the lil one even if they r uncomfortable for you...it stinks that you cannot enjoy your pregnancy b/c of them

I know I missed a lot, but Lynn woke up in a very strange, fussy cuddly mood...I don't think I will get much more time today to get on here today...

All the ducks seem to be going haphazardly in a row for the move. I have put in calls to the vet, the doctor and the school...I have a WIC appt this morning, last one in this county, I have talked to the ones up in the other county (just realized that I am going to have to learn to spell the new county's name...lol) We picked out the paint for the main rooms in the house, our room, nathaniel's room and lynn's room yesterday...alex is a little bummed that his room does not get painted, but his room has a very nice real wood paneling...
today my mil will be showing up, we will pack up the cars and van tonight with all the boxes we can fit, all we need for cleaning and anything else we need to be able to stay the night and leave first thing in the morning to meet the carpet cleaners up there but 11...the direct tv and phone people will be coming sometime tomorrow as well...hopefully i can tae them in through the back so they do not track anything on my newly cleaned carpets. I wish we woudl have waited on carpet cleaning until all was said and done with painting and all, but it is easier to do it before all the furniture is moved in..
the lady left a bunch of stuff, some we were hopeing she would, like some nice old furniture, and she left some junk that we knew would happen, but b/c we liked the furniture we out in there that she could leave anything she didn't want to take so she did not have to find a place for it...
It still does not feel real and I am feeling overwhelmed...i need to clean the house before my MIl gets here, but...with all the packing everything is a cluttered mess it seems...

gotta run...ttyl
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

About My Family : love

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:06 am

Becky-those are crazy pics.

So sorry for you guys and your families that are going thru this.

Aara- good luck with!!

Brennan ended up in our bed again last night. I do not remember him coming in just waking up with him next to me! I told him it is not allowed. Hopefully he will stay in his bed tonight.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Aara - Good luck with your move! Sounds like all is starting to come together. You'll be relieved when it's done and you are settled into your new home!

Kate and Becky C. - Still thinking about you guys.

Hi everyone else! Just wanted to update quick: our transfer is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 8:30!!! I really hope we have some excellent embryos!!

We have company coming in a couple of hours, so the persies aren't great right now. Hope you all have a great weekend and Easter (if you celebrate)!
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:16 pm

Clare ~ I am so excited for you!!! Now here is a dumb question ~ do you have to do a 2WW or do you get to find out sooner since the embryos are implanted? I just don't know that much about IVF. I will be praying my butt off for you.

Becky C ~ how is your mall - LOL????

Aara ~ sounds like things are coming together in pieces ~ and that's ok!!

Alicia ~ yay for home internet. I would probably die without mine. It's my source of entertainment when Alexa goes to bed.

Shannon ~ it was so good to hear from you. Stop in more often, please??

Holly ~ how are you feeling?

Jeannette ~ is Baby Smith behaving??

Becky ~ sorry B came into bed last night. I think when Alexa first goes to a bed, I'm going to gate her room - lol.

Hi to EOE. I just finished another test. I didn't do so hot on these ones ~ a 75 and an 80 ~ but I think it was because the lesson bored me and I didn't really pay attention to the material. Ah, well. Two more lessons, 6 more tests, and I'm done. I get a mini break b/c I have to wait for the textbook to be delivered for the next lesson and that probably won't be here until Monday.

I'll chat at you later.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:27 pm

Denise - I have to wait two weeks before I find out. Not a dumb question either. Smile
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:25 pm

Aara-So happy for you and your family. I am sure you can't wait until you are all settled!

Denise-oh, my mall...its so sad! Now they are saying some of it might have to get torn down. Shocked

Clare-So excited for you!!!! Good luck tomorrow!

Kate-I saw the pic of 102 online today...its crazy!

Thanks everyone for thinking of us. It has been crazy here! I made it to work with not too many problems today. I left about 30 minutes early and made it in time. I was more worried about the ride home but they ended up opening the highway today right before I was supposed to get out, which made things a lot easier! I don't think I will be able to go my old route for a while though. The mall is destroyed, they are saying they might have to tear parts down. I guess we will know more about the damages everywhere once the waters recede completely. One of my best friends had all her stuff stored at her Dads house, she is staying with her mom while she house hunts. Well her fathers house is a total loss, along with everything in it. The waters got so high they were over the kitchen counters and they had to take a boat to get anywhere near the house.

Well thanks again for thinking of all of us, we were so lucky that none of our property was damaged.

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:38 am

Clare- Very excited for you. Good luck!! Enjoy your weekend!

Denise- a gate wouldnt hold Brennan in! He has been good with STTN but this week he has been getting up.

Becky- SOrry about your friends loss. I cant imagine lossing everything like that.

Nothing new here. The boys were outside a lot yesterday. Loving the nice weather!! We are having brunch at my parents on sunday and then an egg hunt. All outside!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:19 am

Candice - Thanks for the info about SIDS. I was interested in what caused it.

Becky - Love the new avatar. What a great looking couple.

Becky C. - I hope the water is starting to go down in your area now. It looks very similiar in my area and the water is starting to go down, finally.

Aara - YEAH for a new house. Praying the move, carpet cleaning, painting and everything else goes smooth.

Clare - Praying for you this morning!!!

Becky C. - Spo glad to hear that you are okay and your house did not get water in it!!

I spent all day yesterday pumping water out of our basement. Most of the water is gone now, so we have to spend the weekend assessing damage. UGH

On a positive note: It is supposed to be sunny, no chance of rain and almost 80 out this weekend. YEAH!!! Yesterday DH and I bought a new gas grill since ours is shot and we bought a Keurig which I am so excited to use. We have a Tassimo but they do not sell the coffee for it at Walmart and since I shop at Walmart most of the time, not Bed Bath and Beyond or Target where they are available, we decided to get a Keurig and sell our Tassimo. I am thinking of putting it on Craig's list. I actually have a bunch of stuff to put on Craig's List. Has anyone used Craig's List to sell anything? Was it worth putting the stuff on there? We have an entertainment stand, a 32 inch Toshiba TV, a Tassimo and a Dining room table. I am nervous about having people come to my house to look at the stuff as I really do not want some stranger knowing where I live and what I have in my house. I know am probably being ridicolous but what can I say. What do you all think?

It is beautiful out right now. I am so excited to have the windows in the house open. Gotta run, I have laundry to do. DH and I are taking Brody to see the Easter Bunny today and I am so excited but I have to wash the outfit I bought for Brody to wear.
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:26 am

Thanks Stacey! Yay for nice weather!! We are also gonna have sunny 80's this weekend as well. I sold a double stroller on craigslist. I have posted other things but that was the only thing people were interested in. I am actually thinking of selling my wedding dress and some bridesmaid dresses. I was thinking of using ebaybut not sure yet.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:57 am

Hey everyone! Everything went well with my transfer today so now I'm just at home resting! I get to sit around on the couch all day while my husband waits on me. What could be better, right? Wink
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next