Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC a Miracle 2009

+21
SCJC+J
JustAMom
mommaking0105
shannon luddy
Bensmom
KieyasMommy
mfowler08
sstjohn77
skylasmom
ajvinsh
momtoogsncjs
BeckyC1210
waiting4baby
CJ71903
Tommygirl2002
denise73
raevynnlea
Adrienne1010
Motherof2boys
Brennan&Leosmama
Admin
25 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 30 Empty Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by Admin Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:32 pm

Okay ladies,

I will need my MODs to step in just in case anything goes aray etc.

My schedule is just getting away from me plus I have to fly to Cinncinati in 3 weeks for a Charity event with Brooke Griffin www.brookgriffin.com and Chris Rock's wife Malaak. Plus we are working late tonight to get the invite out on FB, Red Book subscribers, and etc.

UGH...so I probably will MIA for this month.

TTYL
Admin
Admin
Admin

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. TTC for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 4 yrs. and Omri 20 mths. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Job : Graphic Designer

https://ttcamiracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:39 pm

Gigi- he loves it. Had it in the backyard yesterday to pick oranges and put them in the trailer!! I am glad things are finally getting done!

Aara- yay for getting your copy!!! How exciting!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:16 pm

Becky - Love the video. Looks like he really likes his tractor.

Aara - Yay for getting your copy of the book. Hope your headache goes away quickly.

Gigi - Glad they are finally getting work done on your house! Hopefully they get it done quickly and do a great job.
KieyasMommy
KieyasMommy

Job : Board Eligible Orthotist/Resident Prosthetist

Back to top Go down

Post by NicksMom1210 Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:18 pm

Kate-Nick never liked the swing, he HATED it actually, lol. He was about a month when I started putting him in his crib instead of his bassinette to nap. I think just stick with it and eventually he will get used to it. I can say though, the best thing we ever did was letting him put himself to sleep for naps and bedtime. It was so hard to listen to him cry, but now it is wonderful. He doesn't usually even make a peep when I put him down.

Will catch up on more persies later!
NicksMom1210
NicksMom1210

About My Family : DH is Chris-30, DS is Nick 12mos, We have three dogs-Jayda (a boxer), Abbie (a chihuahua), and Brady (a dacshund)

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting4baby Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:27 pm

Kate - Everything I have read says to wait until they are 4 months before you worry about bad habits starting. Now I am at that point and we are struggling with naps. I will say that Gwen will NOT nap for longer than 10 minutes unless she is on her belly, even though she sleeps on her back fine at night. At night she puts herself to sleep and has no problems but naps are an issue. Prior to 4 months I would let them nap wherever they fall asleep.

Aara - Congrats on the book. That must be so rewarding.

So my daughter is growing up way too fast and I don't like it! Today we tried cereal just for practice so that next month-ish we can try solids. We are starting with veggies. She ate the whole bowl of cereal without many issues. Then she took a bath in the big girl bath (we have been using a sling seat because she was too small) and did great. Then I heard her laugh for the first time in the water. So much is happening!

I am not teaching tonight because my pain is just too much.
waiting4baby
waiting4baby

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:00 am

Becky-We’ve been putting Ben down awake at night. I am doing the same thing for naps and hoping he gets the hang of it in the next couple of days so I don’t lose my mind here. He keeps falling asleep then waking up and crying…..like 15 min intervals.

Holly-That’s cute that Gwen laughed in the tub. Ben likes to take baths now and I think I’ll be giving him one today to cheer him up!
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:00 am

Alicia- Thanks!

Leo slept until 5am!!!! Very excited. Too bad I woke at 4 thinking something was wrong b/c he hadnt woken up yet Mad Oh well hopefully it will continue!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanLady Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:23 am

Hi All!!

Clare: Thanks! Sorry about the cold, I'm fighting one myself, been taking Vicks cough medicine for nasal congestion and it worked. When it comes to sinus tho, I'm totally clueless sorry. I'll be praying for pos results from ur IUI, don't lose hope (even though I know easier said than done).

Stacey: Thanks so much, how have u been?

Jeannette: Hope u feel better soon, sorry ya feelin so crappy.

Gigi:Hope those workers get out of ur way as quickly as possible...and do an awesome job for as long as they made u wait, smh.

Becky C: Thanks!! Can't believe Nick is 1 already, oh my!!

Holly: That's good Gwen took to the cereal so well, time is truly flying Surprised

Alicia: Aww, sorry to hear Kieya is so sick, hope they can diagnose and treat her so she's all better soon.

Aara: Congrats on the book cheers

AFM: Nothing much new here. DH has the day off (surprisingly), but seems to want to spend his day on the couch with his PS3, lol. He works so hard though, can't get mad at him for taking a lazy day. Off to do dishes and backed up housework from when I was sick.

BBL
BajanLady
BajanLady

About My Family : Married since 2004 to Charles, TTC since 2005. On a break til I lose 20 lbs total, hope to be TTC by Summer '10!!

Job : SAHW, Student

Back to top Go down

Post by mfowler08 Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:35 am

Hi ladies! Not much going on here. I am getting more and more excited about my move!!! Although yesterday I was working on my unit's schedule with my manager and saw how short-handed we will be when I leave and started feeling guilty. Sad
I sent my resume off to a guy in our Employee Advancement Center so now I am waiting to hear some feedback from him so I can start sending it out. Hmmm, maybe I will nose around online today for places to send it to.
Other than that, not much going on here. I spoke to my OB's nurse last night. My OB gets back from maternity leave the week before I leave town so I am calling this morning to make an appointment with her. I also need to see my regular doc for a physical...get my eyes checked, teeth cleaned, etc. I figure DH and I better get all checked out before we leave town while we still have insurance. I'm not sure how long we would have to wait after I start my new job before insurance would kick in again. =)

Anyway, I have been reading everyday...just not posting. Very Happy I'll check back later!
Maureen
mfowler08
mfowler08

About My Family : Happily married to Vincent

Job : RN

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:59 am

Hi girls. I've been reading but feeling kind of icky so I don't have many persies to give. Just call me lazy.

Let me see what I can remember....

Charrie ~ yay for finding us!! Although I am always reading your stuff on FB ;o)

Becky ~ yay for Leo sleeping but boo for getting up early - lol.

Kate ~ Alexa would only sleep in her swing for naps until I just started putting her in her crib one day. It took about a week or so but she finally gave in.

Holly ~ hope you start to feel better soon. Chris went to the ER this am while he was at work. They thought it was his gall bladder but all test came back negative. I told him he needs to do a follow-up with our doc b/c this isn't the 1st time he's had an attack and that even though those tests can be normal, the gall bladder can be filled with sludge. But he won't listen to me...... And how cute about Gwen laughing in the tub!

Maureen ~ when I first moved away from Pittsburgh, I did the same thing - got all of my check ups and vaccinations updated. Glad I did b/c I didn't have insurance for 60 days. That stunk.

Heather ~ glad your DH is going to try and find another job so he's home more.

Annnd, that's all I can remember. I've had a headache and body aches for a couple of days but I'm feeling better now. Just cleaning today and trying to get back into this school stuff. Got WAY off track again. I seriously only have about 4 lessons to go. You'd think I'd just pound away at it but it never fails, something comes up.

off to fold laundry.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:29 pm

sleep was not possible last night...i woke up at 2am and could not for the life of me fall back to sleep until 4am...ugh...i'm tired and my chest has been aching all night long, but it looks like we are going for the house, they submitted another counter which is better then the last and Rob said go for it...
now I have to find a way to get the money from Rob's account in hand and go get a bank check for them for the good faith deposit b/c his bank is not local mine is...

the publisher sent out a press release this morning to the newpapers, tv stations and radio stations in the area for my book Smile

and alex is making to much noise so I cannot think on anything else, good grief...bbl when it is quiet
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

About My Family : love

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:39 pm

Maureen- I know it is hard to not feel guilty but you shouldnt. You have given plenty of notice.

Aara- good luck with house and yay for press release!!!

It is so slow at work. i hope I can leave a little early. I need to go get a bday gift for my friends little girl.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:10 pm

Becky-I was so happy when I saw that he slept till 5!

Charrie-Have fun doing dishes!

Maureen-You’re right about getting stuff done. Plus that means you won’t have to find new doctors right away when you move if everything is up to date.

Denise-I have been trying Ben in his crib and he just screams. I want him to get some sort of sleep though during the day because it’s not good for him to not nap at all. So I’m hoping he gives in pretty quick!

Aara-Good luck making your offer and getting the check!

I’m starving I need to find something to eat! Ben did ok this morning in the crib he at least ended up napping. He takes another nap a little bit after that one and he hasn’t slept yet. I want him to at least get an hour in the swing or something so he’s not a mess later. I will try the afternoon nap in the crib again but I need him to at least sleep now.
Bensmom
Bensmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:13 pm

Kate- thanks!!! Good luck with afternoon nap.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:12 pm

I can't believe it....... I have a cruiser now. On her way to becoming a toddler. Where has the time gone? I can't believe that she is going to be 1 in 2 months.
Anybody know of some good places to get a deal on decorations? I made DH promise me that even if I am in the hospital having the baby that Olivia will have the party. It's only fair! Just had to stop in and share.

Aara - Yay for the house!!!
Becky - Yay for 5 am!
Gotta run! My cruiser is all over the place today!
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:15 pm

Gigi- yay for Olivia! Let the fun begin!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:57 pm

Clare - I am praying that you are going to overcome your struggle with TTC very soon. I am on pins and needles waiting for your results tomorrow.

Gigi - Did they start the ceiling yet?

Becky C. - I have a guy coming over tonite to test our water. He wants to sell us a water system but we already have one that is only 4 years old so I plan on just using the results from his test to determine if the company we are already work,ing through is doing a good job. I hope this guy is not going to try any high pressure sales cause I am not going to have any of that today. LOL HE looks so excited to be on his tractor. Now he can help with yard work. LOL Love the new siggy.

Holly - Praying you feel better. Wow she is trying solids already?!? I swear it feels like you just posted your birth story last month. Time flies.

Kate - I hope you get the napping thing figured out.

Heather C. - 50.00 is not bad at all. Before we got our snow blower it was costing me 50.00 to get our driveway plowed and it only fits 4 cars. Ezra is so cute. I love hearing what kids have to say. LOL Wow, you have a ton going on. Praying everything goes smoothly.

Alicia - I hope they figure out what is wrong with Kieya so she can feel better.

Aara - Congrats on seeing your words in print. That must be such a cool feeling.

Charrie - I am doing pretty good. Just counting down until I have this baby. Only 4 more weeks now, YEAH! Hope the housework went quickly so you could relax.

Maureen - I think that is so great that your company provide's assistance with resumes.

Denise - I hope you feel better.

I have been spending a lot of time preparing for my maternity leave at work. I am planning to work until I go into labor but I figure I should have everything ready for me to leave just in case. So I have a question to those of you who have gone on maternity leave. I have started getting nervous that when I am gone people are not even going to notice it and they will decide they are fine without me and not need me back. Has anyone else had this feeling? Did everything work out in th elong run? I do a lot for my company and am one of the more senior people but for some reason my work self esteem is horrible these days while I am planning to leave. I mean I am having a hard time passing on some of my projects to others and I think it is because I do not want to give up control. What is wrong with me?
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by CJTTC Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:07 pm

Clare: Just wanted to pop on here real quick and let you know that I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I am working 16 hours so I won't be able to post at work and I am not sure if I will even be able to see your results but just wanted to say good luck and I am really hoping for great news for you and your DH. Thinking of you!!!

Candice

CJTTC

About My Family : Candice and Jason have been TTC since March 2007. We have endured multiple failed IUIs and have two children from 2 IVF cycles. We have a daughter waiting for us in heaven and our son, Carson was born 4-7-10! We are so blessed to have this little boy in our lives!

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:51 pm

Candice, Holly, Stacey, and anyone else who has offered me support through this process - Thank you so much. It really means a lot to have you all thinking of me and praying for me right now.

I have pretty much given up on getting a positive result tomorrow since I have had some sporadic AF type cramping this morning and yesterday a little bit. I have a new game plan though - I want to have my next two IUIs (hopefully I won't need both, but I'm only doing four total before IVF) at my RE's actual office instead of at this satellite clinic where I live. The one nurse in particular at the satellite clinic has really proven to be incompetent and I'm not comfortable seeing them anymore for the IUI. If I can't trust them to call me with my beta result (she forgot to call me last time) or give us instructions of where to go on a Saturday for my IUI when the clinic is closed (which no one told us - this really stressed us both out with this last IUI), how can I trust them to wash the sperm properly or perform the procedure the correct way? We were talking to one of the NPs at the satellite clinic about how hopeless we felt when we found out that I had the cyst last cycle, my husband's SA had not improved, and I had gotten a negtaive beta. Her response was "You can be a mother in other ways." That's sure what we wanted to hear - it's like she'd already given up on us. My DH didn't even like that comment.

The RE's office is two hours away so I would do the actual IUI procedure there and have my monitoring done at the satellite clinic still, I think. I have to talk to my husband about all of this tonight and am nervous that he'll not want to do this plan since I've brought it up (but not as seriously) a couple of times before and he didn't want to do it this way. I'm not all that confident in IUI for our situation to begin with, but I would be willing to give it two more tries before moving on to IVF if we can do it at the RE's. Hopefully the RE's office doesn't think that I'm a nutjob and annoying, but they've already told me when I've inquired that this would be an option. Thanks for reading. I just have so much on my mind today... Sorry for the lack of persies.
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:55 pm

Clare- I think that sounds like a great plan. But, don't count yourself out yet. Lots of us had AF-like cramping with BFPs! That's just what it feels like in the beginning! Thinking of you!
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:59 pm

Clare ~ thinking and sending good thoughts and happy prayers your way. I can't wait until tomorrow. As to bringing it up to your husband, first of all I hope you won't even need to do that! But if you do, I'd start out with how incompetent they are there and go from there. Once he sees it that way, maybe he'll come around.

Stacey ~ first off, if you are going out under FMLA, it's illegal to fire you UNLESS they were going to lay you off prior to you going out on leave. So don't worry about that. Good you have everything ready. I was such a slacker.

Gigi ~ yay for a walker. Alexa likes to run from me when she has something she shouldn't have.

Hi to EOE. Has anyone heard from Christine?? I'm sure her baby has come by now. I'm just feeding Alexa dinner ~ chicken nuggets with ketchup, corn, annnnddd honey nut cheerios. Yuck but it's what she wanted and it's what she ate. Babies are gross sometimes - lol.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:39 pm

Clare-I think it’s reasonable you want to go to the clinic. I hope your husband is ok with the idea

Gigi-Good luck finding some decorations.

Stacey-I worried that people wouldn’t need me but they do! No worries!

Denise-Yum to the cheerios!
Bensmom
Bensmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:53 pm

Clare - I agree with your plan and I think once your have a good talk with DH he will see things from your point of view. Your shouldn't have to see someone that you can't trust. Also, alot of people get those AF type cramps in the beginning it is very very common. I know that withe all of mine I have always had them. Alot of people don't think they are Pg because of them. So I am still thinking of you. I would call them all day lonng if you need to. Don't let them make you wait this time. THat was rediculious. Ohh yeah and I will be checking all day tomorrow too!
Ohh and I'm not going into details but the ceiling work hasn't been done yet!!!!! Yeah I am still pissed.
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

Back to top Go down

Post by NicksMom1210 Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:27 pm

Kate-Good, that’s the best way to do it! I hope he got in a good nap this afternoon!

Becky=Yay for 5am!

Aara-That’s great news about the house and the book! I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight!

Gigi-Time flies! I can’t believe Nick is a year already!

Stacey-Hormones are wrong with you! Everything will be fine and your job will be waiting for you when you get back. I had similar feelings even though they have to hold my job for me, lol.

Clare-I am sending you hugs and prayers for tomorrow. I do want to tell you that I AF like cramps for the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy so don’t count yourself out yet. As for the situation with the RE. You need to do for yourself what makes you feel most comfortable. Something like this is too important to you and too personal for you to not trust in what they are doing for you. I think if you sit down with DH he will understand.

AFM-Well I have to vent a bit. Let me start at the beginning. I made shepards pie the other night and gave some to Nick for dinner. The next day at my cousins he threw some of it up. I didn’t think anything of it, he has reflux still, and gave it to him for lunch yesterday again. Well this morning he had thrown up when I went to get him and it was basically corn and the potato peel (I make it with red potatoes so I don’t have to peel them). Well he was with MIL today and at about 11:30am he threw up corn and peel again. He had also been pooping more than usual. So I called her after I talked to DH at 1:15pm and asked how he was doing. She said he was completely fine. I asked how he ate for lunch and she said she didn’t feed him lunch because she was waiting for his stomach to settle. (he was probably starving at this point). Then I asked if he was at least drinking. Well MIL, who is an RN, had not given my child who puked and pooped 4 times anything to drink since before he threw up. Um, hello, think he might get dehydrated?

So when I get home I find out that she never fed him lunch. My poor kid ate 4 chicken nuggets, broccoli, and a gerber fruit bar for dinner and ate it like he had never eaten before!

Thanks for listening to me vent….I gotta get this kid to bed!

Becky C.
NicksMom1210
NicksMom1210

About My Family : DH is Chris-30, DS is Nick 12mos, We have three dogs-Jayda (a boxer), Abbie (a chihuahua), and Brady (a dacshund)

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:10 pm

Sorry about your MIL and Nick not feeling good Becky C...my kids usually would rather drink then eat, I am sure he was feeling very hungry and thirsty by then poor thing...

Clare - I will be checking in all day tomorrow...crossing my fingers that the cramps are just a little bean digging in Smile

and...brain fart...geez...

well we put a good faith deposit on the house today, I ran the whole way up to Rob's work, got his card, went to the atm and drew out the money, went to my bank and gave waited with the two very hyper little ones while they did the check and then ran it back to rob's work so he could take it up to the realty office after work...i'm tired...lol...
then when he got home he said since you did all that running today with the kids to get it taken care of I am assuming you are okay with getting this house? He never told me this morning that he had sent an email to Tracy to go ahead and accept the counter offer...lol...
so if all goes well with the inspections next week we will sign the contract and get everything moving...closing is to be 2/15 apparently...

i am tired, i'm going to head for bed now Smile night all
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

About My Family : love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next