Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC a Miracle 2009

+15
CJTTC
CJ71903
sstjohn77
KieyasMommy
Brennan&Leosmama
Tommygirl2002
momtoogsncjs
mfowler08
mommaking0105
Bensmom
shannon luddy
denise73
Adrienne1010
BeckC1210
ajvinsh
19 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 33 Empty Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by Moemccormick Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi ladies! Wow...I didn't realize how long it had been since I checked in here. I had 12 pages to catch up on!!

Denise--I like the name Alyssa too, very cute. Well I wasn't able to vote on which bedding I liked b/c the link expired for the 2nd one, but the 1st one (pink/green) is very cute...which I think you went with anyway. Glad to hear that Alexa is doing well in her big girl bed so far!

Clare--I'm so glad your little ones are doing ok, but it sucks about your rash. That seems strange that your OB left so suddenly & without any notice. I hope you find an OB that you feel comfortable with. Are you going to try to stay with someone in that same practice?

Aara--Congratz on finishing the books. It's awesome that you will be helping out on the soccer team...go MOM! LOL

Heather--Congratz on the part-time job. I'm sure it will be nice to get away from the house every once in a while. And good for your DH to have some "daddy" time with the kids!

Adrienne--You are a canning machine! DH's grandpa has been canning peaches & tomatos lately...I know nothing about the process myself though. LOL

Hi to everyone I missed!

AFM: I've been busy working and sleeping...pretty much my life right now. Since I am working night shift, on my days off I spend most of it sleeping. I really need to try to wake up a little earlier and start exploring the city a bit. I met the wives of a couple of DH's classmates. They are really nice ladies. One of them has 2 little boys, 4 & 2 yrs old. The other has 3 little girls, 5, 3, and 9 months...so I can get my baby holding fix, lol. We are going to try to be each other's support group while our DH's are going through this program. When DH isn't at class, he's running a study group at the library, or writing a paper here at home. There have been some days where he doesn't get home from school before I leave for work...so we have a "text relationship". LOL It is hard, but I know it will all be worth it in the end.

Thanks everyone all the birthday wishes on FB. I had a great day. I worked Thursday night, so I slept until about 2:30pm on Friday then got up and went bowling with DH's friends from school. It was awesome b/c we were the only ones at the bowling alley. Apparently 4pm is the perfect time to go bowling in Friday! LOL There were 6 kids, so we didn't have to worry about them bothering other customers. Today has pretty much just been a lazy day. I am getting ready to go grocery shopping with DH in a little bit. Then tomorrow we are having lunch with DH's family (grandpa's Bday is today and DH's Bday is tomorrow). Then at 5pm we are going to dinner at one of our new friends house. It's so nice to have some time to spend with DH. Fall semester starts on Monday...so he only gets this one weekend homework free. I'll try to check in with you all more often!
Maureen

Moemccormick

About My Family : Married to my wonderful husband, Vincent since 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:38 pm

Clare ~ have you tried taking Zyrtec (the name brand, not the generic)? It is safe to take while pregnant and it has antihistimine properties that may also help with your itching.

Maureen ~ glad you checked it and glad you seem to be doing so well. I actually just got the pink/green bedding in the mail today and it's really cute. Glad we went with that.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:00 am

well... my week has been interesting. i slammed my knee on the stone slab porch on tuesday evening...

its been swollen, bruised and stiff, popping with stairs and all... but i don't think i did anything major. i still ran a lap around the pond right after doing it. one position too long usually starts hurting...

been working hard on revisions, haven't been able to put it down... lol... cannot wait to have it all done and get the agent thing movin...

ugh... kids r already goin nuts and it is pouring today... o well, will check in later

ajvinsh
ajvinsh

About My Family : love

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:16 am

Maureen-You are such a great wife in being so supportive of DH while he’s in school. I’m glad you have your own little support system of the wives…that will help!

Aara-Be careful with that knee! Keep an eye on it and if it gets worse make sure you get it check out.

It’s raining and yucky here….I want to go shopping for a baby shower I’m going to in a month or so because I love to shop! LOL I am on a strict spending allowance now because I was out of control! Now it’s going to go back to grocery bills getting big so I can try new recipies since I can’t buy whatever I want. This was and is enforced by me….Matt doesn’t care but I do!
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:30 am

Aara ~ take care of that knee. It's just one of those joints you don't want to go bad!

Kate ~ I can be a spender but I'm more apt to be a saver. It's weird. However, I've noticed that I am spending more....but not on me Surprised(

Good morning EOE. We have some friends coming this afternoon so I'm cleaning a bit. Last night my brother and SIL were here and Alexa and my niece played together fairly well. Although when Abby would have something, Alexa would point at her and yell "NO". Sigh. My bully. So when I told her to stop yelling at Abby, what does Alexa do?? Burst into tears. Some toughie, huh? Oh, and then my SIL went to use our 2nd bathroom and stepped into a huge puddle of water. Turns out the tank was leaking. Nice. Chris said it's an easy fix but still.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Clare- I tried the hydroxyine and the hydrocortisone on my skin too. It worked a bit. My PUPPPS didn't start until I was like 34 weeks or so if I remember right. It was only with Colin and I never had it with Olivia or Jillian.
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Job : RN

Back to top Go down

Post by Moemccormick Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:41 pm

Hey ladies! Had another good day today. We met DH's family for dinner at a local chinese buffet. They food wasn't great, but the company was. Then it was home for DH to open his gifts. The NCAA Football 2011 game was a HUGE hit, lol. Then off to his friends house for a babyback rib potluck dinner and a rousing game of Cranium. I laughed so hard I was crying. I was so tired when we got home that I had to take a nap. Now it's time for me to stay awake all night so I can sleep during the day for work tomorrow. Ahhh, the glamorous life of working night shift. Think I'm going to ramp up the netflix and watch some season 3 Heros. LOL

Maureen

Moemccormick

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:51 am

Aara- good job on the books. Hope your knee is feeling better

Kate- poor guy 3-4 teeth coming in. Hope he doesnt have a hard time with them

Clare- sorry about the itching. Hopefully it will be gone soon.

Maureen- sounds like you are doing well! Bowling sounds fun. I need to take B again. He loves it. Sounds like you had a nice time yesterday.

Denise- sorry about the bathroom leak.

I had a nice relaxing weekend. The only thing I did was go shopping! Sat. night DH went to football game so the boys and I rented a movie and ate sundaes!! DH noticed a spot on the ceiling in our bedroom. We had a leak in the boys room a few years ago but the patch DH did seems to have worked. I hope this new leak can be patched too. We should get about 10 more years on our roof.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:38 am

Denise - I usually take Zyrtec for my seasonal allergies and it didn't do anything for this. So, I started taking the prescription they gave me and ditched the Zyrtec since I didn't want to double up.

Becky - Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I love hot fudge sundaes! Smile

Maureen - Yeah, I'm going to try to find someone in the same practice that my old OB was in. I wonder what happened since he left so suddenly. I know that he was an assistant medical director so maybe it was something political? I probably won't ever know. Sounds like you're doing well! Nice to hear from you! Happy belated birthday too!

AFM - I have an appointment with dermatology at 2:45 this afternoon. They were able to squeeze me in since my OB/GYN office called them. Hopefully it's nothing really bad and they can do something to give me some relief.
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:54 am

Maureen-Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Becky-Glad you had a good weekend!

Clare-I hope they know what it is and can give you something to help the itching. There are so many things you have to go through when you are pg, the itching must be so uncomfortable!

AFM-Yesterday we just had a lazy day, we went to breakfast in the morning and just hung out at the house all day. Last night I had to pick my mom and step-dad up at the airport, their flight was supposed to get in at 10:50pm and it didn't get in until 11:15pm. I was so tired!

Its non-stop rain here since yesterday and is not supposed to stop until wednesday afternoon. DH can't work because he's painting outside so we are home together today and tomorrow. Today we are going to run some errands and check out the mall, which finally opened! Only 35 of the 90 stores are open but I can't wait to go! Then tomorrow we are going to go to the Mystic Aquarium in Conn. for the day! It will be nice to have a few days off together since that doesn't happen that often!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! TTYL!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:01 am

HI!

Clare- hope everything turns out okay. I had a little bit of a rash with Omri but turned out to be to many strawberries! all thanks to my craving!

Maureen- glad everything is going well and you are meeting ppl around you, it is hard when you move to a new state.

Becky- it must have been the weekend for leaks! we woke up yesterday morning to a puddle on the floor in the doorway of Ezra's room so the roof is leaking! UGH!

Denise- I think the NO and Mine comes with the age and will continue! lol

AFM: Work is great! I love it! It is a fine dinning resturant/country club so the tip are awesome! The weather is crap yesterday and today. DH will be done early we think cause of the flooding on the job he is working on. I am trying to figure out what to have for dinner.....Chicken dinner or Spagetti and Chicken??
Admin
Admin
Admin

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. TTC for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 4 yrs. and Omri 20 mths. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Job : Graphic Designer

https://ttcamiracle.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:05 am

Heather- glad you are enjoying the new job. Luckily ours isnt leaking thru yet. Just a spot on the ceiling. Still a pain. Matt went up and put something to try and patch it for now.

Becky- have fun checking out the mall! Aquarium sounds fun too!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:41 pm

Well DH is home early cause of the rain and probably will have off most of the week cause of it.

Becky- we have to leaks now...one in the master bath (which was just remodled last year) and the one near Ezra's door way.

AFM: I am going to relax! Matt and Ezra just left for the John Deere dealer and Omri is napping so I get some me time for 1 hr.
Admin
Admin
Admin

About My Family : I am a fun loving Mother and Wife! Living on 10 acres in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of NY. TTC for baby #3. I have two wonderful boys Ezra 4 yrs. and Omri 20 mths. Been married to Matt for 2 years and together 6 yrs.

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:41 pm

Heather C. - Glad to hear that you love your new job!

Becky C. - Sounds like you had a nice lazy day! Hopefully the rain lets up where you're at. That gets old after awhile.

Just got home from the dermatologist. She thinks it could be folliculitis so she is treating me for that. I have to rub Head and Shoulders Intensive Treatment shampoo on the affected areas, leave on for five mins, and wash off once per day. I hope this works! If it doesn't, she told me to call her back and she would figure out something else. I shouldn't have to go in again. She was nice which I appreciated.
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by CJTTC Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:54 pm

Clare: I hope that the H&Ss clears up your rash. I have been diagnosed with folliculitis before (as a teen) and I don't really remember it itching but who knows if they even had my diagnosis right. Good luck. We need belly pics!! Hope you are doing well otherwise.

Maureen: Glad you are finding support! It is tough for the spouses too. Hope your DH is still doing well.

Heather: Glad you are liking your new job.

I know I missed lots of you but I was just jumping on here quick. We are doing well. Still not sleeping through the night. I hope he will soon. We have had two nights where he made it all night but then he is back to getting up again. Any suggestions?? I am still BFing but we have started rice cereal, fruits, and veggies. I really don't think that Carson needs to eat at night even though he does eat well at night when he wakes up. I have tried putting the paci in several times before I finally cave and feed him. I don't want him to be hungry but I also know he should be capable of going at least 6 hours without eating. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!! Other than that I could not ask for a more pleasant baby!!! Have a great week!
Candice

CJTTC

About My Family : Candice and Jason have been TTC since March 2007. We have endured multiple failed IUIs and have two children from 2 IVF cycles. We have a daughter waiting for us in heaven and our son, Carson was born 4-7-10! We are so blessed to have this little boy in our lives!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:38 pm

Denise-Ever since Ben was born I became a big spender without tracking it. I am usually a great saver and I just need to put a stop to this crazy ways! LOL

Becky-He seems to be doing ok. Every once in a while I have to give him Tylenol but he does good with his cold chewies from the fridge. He’s such a happy baby now.

Maureen-I’m glad you had fun with the fam!

Clare-I hope the head and shoulders works for you!

Heather-I’m glad you like your new job

Candice-I always recommend Health Sleep Habits Happy Child…I know a lot of people don’t parent by books but this at least explains the way that his REM cycles and body works.

We’re taking Ben to his first Red Sox game on Wednesday so I’m hoping it stops raining. Matt’s at football tonight so I’m working on Ben’s scrapbook and did all the pictures I have so I will have to be ordering some more! Tomorrow we have a play date with some friends=)
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:00 am

Clare- I hope it works!

Kate- I hope the rain stops for the game. We have had rain the past 2 days here.

I dropped Brennan off at school today! I cant believe he is in school. Such a big boy. He was so excited. For about 45 min he kept asking if it was time to go. Once he got there he was happy and playing with the toys. Not sad or nervous at all. I, on the other hand, was nervous all morning for him. Right now he only has 5 tother kids in his class.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi-

Well it has been a crazy eventful morning and I have to say I am VERY thankful to still have my husband un harmed and safe.

DH called me @ 6:50am this morning and was in tears and upset. I thought knew something was the matter since this man never cries. Well it was almost a 6 tractor trailer pile up all because of a stupid car decided to do a u-turn on the highway because they missed their exit and left the accident. The trucker hit the cement barrier and flipped the truck and trailer. Matt sa...id the driver was in bad shape when him and 3 other drivers went up to him. The driver passed the his phone to Matt and said call my wife and kids. (I am crying again) So, I thank the little angel sitting on Matt's shoulder looking after him! As of now they are still cleaning up the mess of truck, cement, disel, etc. Matt is doing better though I think it really hit home when he had to call the wife and she was crying.

I have to say thank you to whom ever was watching over him so I can celebrate our 3 yr wedding anniversary with him tomorrow!

Becky- Ezra starts in 2 wks. He is going to UPK at the school and is in the afternoon class and has 15 kids in his class, he is excited. Next weekend we are going to have a Mommy and Son day and go school shopping since he FINALLY will do #2 in the bathroom now! We have been doing #2 in the potty for 2 weeks for accidents, so I can proudly say he is finally all the way potty trained! lol

Kate- Ben is so cute! Sounds like fun, hope it doesn't rain! Are you back to work?

Candice- I would feed both kids cereal and BF before bed and put them in their bed and let them put themselves to bed. This worked for us but doesn't work for everyone. GL

Clare- hope the H&S helps the rash. Never heard of using that for a rash tho.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:41 pm

OMG! A letter came in the mail for Nathaniel yesterday... from a girl, with hearts all over it... *cough* i don't know if i want to laugh or cry... she misses him SO much... they will not be in the same classes which is not cool, then goes on and says "at least we have each other" and love a bunch

uumm... Nathaniel says they are just friends... I do not think he has any romantic interests as of yet. O and what fun... 5th grade has dances! so i can see Nathaniel being asked to go with this girl...

knee is doing better... though i think i used it too much today up and down the stairs and ladder

Nathaniel has his first soccer game on Saturday... Alex's is next week and I was lookign up dance for Aislynn... though that has to wait til next year it looks like (have to be 3 for the one I like) which should be nice b/c alex will be going to school too at that time... hehehe

Go Brennan!
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:41 pm

O gosh Heather... glad he is ok...
Happy early Anniversary
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:46 pm

Wow Heather that is scary and emotional. I am glad Matt is alright. Yay for fully potty trained!! School shopping should be fun. I kninda feel bad b/c B didnt really need anything. He did pick out a Sponge bob book bag. Matt took him to McDonlads for lunch to celebrate first day!

Aara- that is too funny! Hopefully I have a few more years before I have to worry about girls! Glad you knee is a little better
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Moemccormick Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:57 pm

Heather--I'm glad Matt is ok. How scary! Did anyone at least get the license plate of the driver? I hope they catch whoever did it.

Aara--OMG, I can't believe he's already getting love letters! I had lots of guy friends in 5th grade, but no crushes. Looks like you are in for quite a time! LOL

Becky C--Glad you are getting some time with your DH, hope you have fun!

Becky--It's great that Brennan's class is so small. Lots of attention that way!

Candice--Nice to hear from you! Sorry Carson isn't sleeping all the way through yet. I hope you find some good solultions!

Clare--I hope the Head & Shoulders works for you. I love it when you can find an easy way to cure what ails you!

Hi to everyone else!
AFM: Just woke up after working last night. I really couple sleep a couple more hours, but I want to wake up around 10 or 11 am tomorrow so I can be a functional member of society. LOL I promised DH's grandma that I would come over to visit her, and she goes to bed at 4pm (well...she gets dressed in PJ's and watches TV in bed at that time) so I have to get over there around noon at least. Unfortunately it look like it's going to rain, so no pool time for me. Maybe I'll take a movie over to watch with her.
Maureen

Moemccormick

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi-

Thanks for your thoughts. Since it was early morning around 5-5:30 in the morning when the crash happened you couldn't see the car. Matt said he was the 3rd truck back. He also said that if you would put cars in a line up in the dark he would be able to pick out the car but the tail lights and it was and SUV. I think Matt's life like flashed in front of him as this was all happening. He said he was standing on the break too. That is alot to stop a truck.

After he called me he called his mom to talk to her. So, I know he is still pretty shook up. The Driver was from Ohio so I feel really bad for the wife and kids that are in Ohio and the driver is in the hospital in NY.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:53 pm

Heather - that's scarey. Things like that tend to put life in perspective.

Aara - that's too funny about Nathaniel! I laughed outloud! Smile

Maureen - have a nice time with your dh's grandma! Any ideas what movie you would watch with her?

AFM - I'm going to a Pampered Chef party tonight with my Mom! Should be fun! Have a good night!
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:23 pm

Here is the link to the accident.... I am very glad that his is doing okay. Smile

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2010/08/ohio_truck_driver_hurt_as_trac.html
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next