Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC a Miracle 2009

+14
mfowler08
sstjohn77
Brennan&Leosmama
CJTTC
mommaking0105
denise73
Bensmom
NicksMom1210
momtoogsncjs
Tommygirl2002
CJ71903
ajvinsh
Adrienne1010
Admin
18 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 36 Empty Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by mfowler08 Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:15 am

Tasha--Yeah for only 1 more week left of school!! I hope your birth experience is realtively easy & smooth.

Becky--Have fun at the beach!

Aara-Good luck working on the house this weekend!

Clare--How are you doing?

Denise--OMFreakingG!!! I can't believe it. You sneaky devil...didn't even give us a clue of what you thought was going on. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since you didnt post for like a week when you got preggers w/Alexa. I am so happy for you.

For those of you that didn't see on FB, I got the job yesterday. They offered me the choice of working in either the Medical or Neuro ICU. I love Neuro, but they only had a night shift position. I talked it over with DH and since I have the option of a day shift position, I am going to take it. now I just wait to find out when them want me to start. I told them that I need 3 days off in May b/c BIL is getting married in Ohio. I said I would leave it up to them whether I start orientation before or after that time.
mfowler08
mfowler08

About My Family : Happily married to Vincent

Job : RN

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:17 am

Denise - Thanks for the info about the saline. That is going to be helpful.

Holly - Wow, I never would have thought about a vaporizer getting everything wet either. I mean I understand why it happened I just never would have thought about it. Good to know. Poor Gwen, I hope she feels better.

Alicia - Praying it is implantation bleeding!

Maureen - Yes we had a poll going and the winners were supposed to get $10.00. We gave him $20.00 and he was so excited. That is a lot of money to a 9 year old. LOL Did you see the town house yet? I would love to live on or near a river. That sounds beautiful. YAY for the Job. That is such great news.

Tasha - You are so close to being done with work. YEAH!!

Becky C. - Hmm, the iron in formula can cause them gas? Maybe I should look into that with his formula.

Denise - YEAH!!! That is so awesome!!!

Brody has his vaccines today and I am not looking forward to it. Things have been very hard here latley. DH and I have been at each others throats since Brody is born. I know we love each other but wew just can not seem to get along at all. It has gotten so bad that I scheduled us with a marriage councelor next Wednesday. I really do not understand why we are having such issues. I mean I figured that raising Brody would be easy as a team since we had already gone through my medical illness and infertility. Many couples can not make it through that kind of stuff. We just do not seem to be on the same page anymore. I feel like I have two children and DH swears that he is going above and beyond. Hopefully the counselor can help us to communicate with each other better so we can be good examples for Brody. Brody is fussing have to go.
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:14 am

Stacey - I'm so sorry that you and DH are having some hard times. I know this doesn't help but it's normal to an extent to have some adjusting issues once a baby is born. Sometimes we need to seperate ourselves from being mothers and become wives again. I know that sounds odd and confusing but I just mean that we are so wrapped up in our babies that we forget how wrapped up in our relationships we were at one time. We may not notice it as much as the hubbies do since we are usually the main caretakers for the kids. Have you and DH had like a date night lately where you two can connect again on a huband and wife level instead of mom and dad. MAybe a nice weekend getaway will help. Me and DH goe through this stage with every baby that I have so I can relate. I hope the counsler can help and I hope you two the best!

Well last night my mom spent the night and woke up with Lily in the night so I could geta full night sleep and WOW the difference a night's sleep makes. It's 9am and I have all my laundry sorted out and the first load in the dryer already and Olivia down for a nap and Lily sleeping in the swing. I have so much energy it's like I feel like my old self again. I know it won't last but I am praying it does!!! Lily has her 1 month check up today and shots. Can'nt wait to see how much she grew. I hope it's enough! She still looks so darn small. But I do have to talk to the doctor about her poop. Sometimes it's runny like it should be and other's it's hard and she cries to poop. I don't know maybe I need to change her formula again. Could the Iron be doing it? I will have to see what the doctor thinks. Well i am going to run I have some more cleaningI want to get done while I can!
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:14 am

Stacey ~ thanks! As for what you are going through with DH, everyone I know IRL has gone through it, including Chris and me. We fought more in Alexa's first 3 months of life than we ever did. You're tired. You have someone new that is 100% reliant on you. You're trying to develop a routine that works best for everyone. The councelor may be a good think but understand you guys are fairly normal! That being said - onto the shots. Give Brody a dose of tylenol a half hour to an hour before his appointment. It will help with any fussiness and fever he may get from the shots. I've been VERY lucky with Alexa ~ she just gets fussy from them.

Maureen ~ woo hoo for the job!! LOL. I didn't say anything b/c we really weren't trying and only DTD twice around O time - apparently enough to work. I told Chris that I'm sure now that Alexa wasn't a fluke and his surgery must have really worked. I'm just nervous b/c of the one chemical pregnancy I had. Plus, I'm not feeling very "pregnant" other than heavy boobs and a weird stomach.

Good morning to EOE. I'm SO tired. Miss Alexa decided to wake up crying at 1:30 and not go back to sleep until 3:30. I even tried to cry it out but that only lasted, literally, 5 minutes. I just can't do it b/c she doesn't normally cry. So I ended up laying her in my bed until she got super drowsy and she fell back to sleep. And she's still sleeping now, little stinker.

I NEED to get some of this schoolwork done today. I slacked yesterday - lol.

I'm off to eat something.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:41 am

Gigi - What you are saying makes a lot of sense. We have not had a date night because we do not have child care at night. Hopefully we can get his parents or someone to watch him for us sometime soon so we can have a date night. Don't take this the wrong waybut I am happy to hear others go through the same thing. I was sacred thst this meant we would not make it as a couple and that breaks my heart. Yeah for a full nights sleep. Hopefully the Dr. can give some good advice about Lily's poop issue.

Denise - Thanks for hte advice on shots and for the insight about DH and I. I know we love each other but we just fight so much right now. Like you said we never fought this much before. Hopefully it will get better. I know we are both so tired and trying to learn how to handle Brody and that leaves not time for "US". Any free time we have we just want to sleep. LOL Glad to hear you and DH are back to normal after going through the same thing. That gives me hope. Sorry Alexa had you up all morning.

I just got back from Brody's apt. He is 12lbs 9 oz's and 25 inches long. I can not believe how much he has grown. He is in the 67 percentile for his weight and 97 percentile for his length. I was also beginning to worry because I had heard that a baby should not get more then 21 oz's of formula a day but Brody tales closer to 35-37 oz's a day. So I asked his Dr. and she said that is fine. They like them to have about 32 she said but he is allowed whatever he will take and since he is gaining weight just fine there is no need to change anything I am doing. As for his shots, that was hte most heartbreaking thing I have ever gone through. When he got that first shot his face turned red and he began to scream and cry. Dh and I both started to get teary eyed to. He got two shots in one leg and one in the other and he had something to drink. I felt so bad. When we got home he had a bottle and now he is sleeping.
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Stacey - Don't worry I am not taking anything the wrong way at all. It's nice to know that what your going through othes are facing the same issues too. Those shots are so horrible aren't they lol. Olivia was very sleeping always after her shots so I will find out today in Lily is the same way. Gotta run babes are calling!
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Holly and Maureen - I'm doing fine, thanks. Smile I will be honest, the emotional aspect of this is difficult. I feel like I'm in a pretty lonely place sometimes. It's so hard to explain it. I'm not depressed - just scared - I SO want this to work that it hurts. Anyway, my beta is one week from tomorrow (4/16) and I don't plan on testing before then.

Candice - How are you doing, dear? Did baby come yet?

With that, I just wanted to say that I think I'm going to take an indefinite break from the board. No one did anything to offend me or anything like that and I'm certainly not trying to start any drama. I can't even explain it. I didn't just want to disappear though and you to wonder where I went which is why I thought I'd say something. Thank you for the support you have provided to me thoughout my TTC journey though and maybe I'll pop in again one day.
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:44 pm

Clare ~ I am sorry to see you go. I can kind of understand how you feel and I get it. I wish nothing but the best for you and hope that you do check in now and again with us.

Stacey ~ shots are rough. But they pull through them just fine!
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Clare - I can't say i understand what your going through since I have never been there. But I do wish you all the best in life and love and wish you the most happiness one person can have. I hope that when you get your beta is good news and I feel like I am losing a friend. I will miss you Sad I do hope someday you will come back to us!
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:22 pm

Denise-I think our Chris’s were made from the same mold. I can pretty much guess that the first words out of his mouth would have been asking me if I posted it on FB yet, lol. I am glad he is excited! I feel the same way about having a little one. I feel like I will feel bad for Nick and I don’t know how I will have room to love someone else as much as I love him…I am sure I will get over it too.

Maureen-So happy for you!!!

Stacey-Nick was colicky/gassy and used to be really miserable because of it, which is what caused them to start changing his formulas until we found something that didn’t bother his belly as much. I hope things start to go better with you and DH. Having a new baby can cause a lot of problems, DH and I fought a lot when Nick was first born. Basically I felt like we both had different ideas on how to be parents and a lot of the time he would make suggestions as to how he thought I should do something, which made me feel like he thought I didn’t know what I was doing…that cause A LOT of fights, lol. Glad he made out well at the dr’s!!!

Gigi-I am glad you got a good nights sleep and the rest that your needed…I hope it lasts at least a couple days! I know the iron can make them constipated, Nick didn’t stay on formula with iron long cause his belly couldn’t tolerate it.

Clare-I am sorry you feel like you need to leave us, we will be thinking of you. I hope you stop by every now and then…good luck, I wish you all the best!

AFM-Hi EOE! Nothing really new here. I am ready for the weekend! Sunday we are taking Nick to this traveling zoo that is coming to the convention center. They have petty zoos, pony rides, and all kinds of kiddie rides and games, should be fun!

Hope everyone is having a great night! TTYL!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:48 pm

Maureen - Congrats on getting the job.

Becky - Have fun on your trip.

Stacey - As others said what your going through is very common. Just try to get some time just you & DH. Have a movie night, go out to eat, go bowling, or whatever you two enjoy. Sounds like Brody's doing great! I know the shots are not easy & always dread those appointments because Kieya gets really upset and depending on the shot she sometimes gets really sore for the rest of the day & the next at the spot where she got the shot.

Denise - Hope Alexa lets you get some sleep tonight.

Clare - I hate to see you leave. We are going to miss you. I wish the best for you & will be praying for GREAT results for you next week. Remember we are always here if you need someone to talk to.

As for me, I'm still spotting today. It has picked up a little so I just put on a liner but it's still not that bad. I'm starting to really think that it may be AF on her way but hoping not.
KieyasMommy
KieyasMommy

Job : Board Eligible Orthotist/Resident Prosthetist

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting4baby Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:34 am

Clare - I am so bummed to hear you plan to leave...but I get it. I have had to leave a few different boards in the past and have almost left this one at times. It is really isolating and lonely sometimes when people don't go through the same things as you. Please let us know your results next week. And feel free to email me any time. I would love to still keep in touch with you. Many hugs.
waiting4baby
waiting4baby

Back to top Go down

Post by mommaking0105 Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:21 am

Clare - I'm going to be sad that you are leaving us, but if that is what you think is best for you go for it. I just hope you try to keep in touch with some of us to let us know how everything is going. I'm still thinking and praying for you BFP....

Maureen - congrats on the job.....Smile

AFM - dr. appt. yesterday went well. measuring right on schedule i just wished he would have checked me, but he said that he would check next week to see if we might have to induce.

Where is Candice? has anyone heard from her lately.
mommaking0105
mommaking0105

About My Family : I'm a teacher, wife, and mother to a wonderful daughter

Job : Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by CJTTC Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:30 am

Carson Brock has arrived!!!! We are so excited and so blessed. He was born on April 7th at 2:10am! He weighed 8 lbs. 9 oz and is 22 inches long! He is definitely a big boy! We are both fine and when I get a chance I will post his birth story. He is amazing!!! Just wanted to let you all know.

Candice

CJTTC

About My Family : Candice and Jason have been TTC since March 2007. We have endured multiple failed IUIs and have two children from 2 IVF cycles. We have a daughter waiting for us in heaven and our son, Carson was born 4-7-10! We are so blessed to have this little boy in our lives!

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:43 am

Candice ~ congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you and your DH. I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it!

Natasha ~ glad your appointment went well. I didn't get checked until 36 weeks and I chose not to be checked until 39 again. I just didn't want to hear that I didn't make any progress - which I hadn't.

Hi to EOE. I'm up early and I'm tired. Chris was snoring SO loud last night. Ugh. I wanted to smother him with a pillow. But in a loving way.

I am meeting my old roommate and her son for lunch today, as well as a couple of girls I used to volunteer with at the firehouse. It should be fun. We're only going to be in the 50s weather-wise. We've gone from 90s to 50s (Maureen ~ is that happening in your neck of the woods??). I hope everyone has a great day.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:45 am

YAY! Welcome to the world Carson! Gratz Candice and DH...you did it!

Clare, though I never went through it I can understand if you need alone time...we will miss you though. Good luck and hope to see you back...

I hurt today, I painted one froom yesterday...the ceiling and walls...i did not get to all of the egdes and trim, but i did what I could with the short hours...
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

About My Family : love

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:25 am

Congrats Candice!!!!!! Welcome Carson and we can't wait to hear all about it. I hope your resting and enjoying your quiet time with you new little (big) one lol. Congrats again!
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Back to top Go down

Post by KieyasMommy Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:59 am

Tasha - Glad your appointment went well.

Candice - Congrats on Carson's arrivial!!! Can't wait to see pics & hear the birth story. Glad you both are doing good.

Denise - I is a lot colder here in Louisiana this morning also!

Hi to EOE. This morning I had a major dip in my temp. It looks like it AF will probably arrive in full force today. On to the next cycle.
KieyasMommy
KieyasMommy

Job : Board Eligible Orthotist/Resident Prosthetist

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:08 am

Candice- congrats mama! I can wait to see some pics!!! Very Happy

Clare- I'm so sorry you're leaving. Crying or Very sad Can I still stalk you on FB? Hoping your eggs stick!!!
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:06 am

Clare - Every night when I am giving Brody his last feeding and rocking him to sleep I always give him a huge hug and kiss and say a prayer that you get a BFP!!! Praying so hard that it works! I am so sorry that you are leaving but I understand that you need to do what is right for your family. I do hope if you get a BFP though that you might pop on to let us know. Good luck!

Becky C. - The traveling zoo sounds like so much fun. I can not wait to see pics.

Alicia - Brody was really tired after his shots today and by the injection site of one shot his leg was really red and swollen. I felt so bad for him. Luckily it is fine this morning but I think his legs are still sore. KFC you have a BFP coming.

Candice - YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Welcome Carson!! I can not wait to see pics and red the birth story.

Denise - We are having the same weather here in the north east. It was in the 80's-90's yesterdya and the day before and in the 50's today. Have fun at lunch!!

I have a plumber here today because the spigot outside broke yesterday when DH was trying to turn it off. Since the house is almost 100 years old the shut off valve also stopped working so we had to shut the house water off to stop the water flow or it would have emptied our well. So here I sit with the plumber replacing the spigot and shut off valve. It will be nice to have a a spigot that works really easily but it would be so much better if it was free. LOL
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:12 am

Candice!!!! I had a feeling that Carson had arrived! Congrats! Can't wait to hear all about it!
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Job : RN

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting4baby Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:22 pm

Candice - Yay! I'm so happy for you. I cannot wait to hear more details and see pictures of your sweetheart!
waiting4baby
waiting4baby

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:06 pm

Denise-That’s what I get for waiting too long to get on!! Congratulations!! I hope this little one sticks around for you guys! I’m glad Chris is already excited! I am worried if we decided to have another that I would be the same way and worry about him not being the center of my world and sharing my love!

Maureen-It’s so awesome things are falling into place for you and DH

Stacey-I’m sorry you and DH are having a hard time. Matt and I are kinda going through similar stuff. I want him to help more but I expect him to know what to do and HATE telling/asking him since no one tells me. We are very snide with each other which just creates a vicious circle. We talked just the other night and have been really trying to work on stuff. We had his brother watch Ben at bed time, since Ben’s really good about going down, and we went to dinner. Just Applebees but it was really good to get some time alone and to have fun like we used to. We were spending too much time apart on the weekends like I was running errands then he was instead of us doing them together like we used to. I hope the counselor is able to help you guys through this!

Clare-I am sorry to see you go as well and I wish the best for you and DH

Candice-Congratulation!!!! Welcome to the world Carson!

It’s all rainy and yucky here after it was so beautiful and warm on Wednesday. Oh well such is RI weather! Ben is being a good boy today which is good since my mom watched him this morning while I was at work and he was making my life hard yesterday! We’re house hunting around here so life has been busy. Of course with all the flooding we had a lot of houses we can’t get in to see because they had water damage which makes it difficult to figure out if it’s just a freak thing because it was so bad or if the house normally has that problem. Oh well! We’ll find what we want in time.
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:38 pm

Candice-CONGRATS!!! So happy for you and your DH! Can't wait to see pics and here your birth story...wishing you all the best!

Denise-Seriously, I barely slept last night because Chris was snoring so loud...which doesn't happen very often. I kept waking him up and making him roll onto his side. At one point I got up and went to the couch but was followed by the dogs who ended up on top of me. It was the worst nights sleep EVER! Hope you had fun today Very Happy
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by mommaking0105 Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Candice - congrats....and can't wait to see and hear about him.
mommaking0105
mommaking0105

About My Family : I'm a teacher, wife, and mother to a wonderful daughter

Job : Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next