Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC a Miracle 2009

+14
mfowler08
sstjohn77
Brennan&Leosmama
CJTTC
mommaking0105
denise73
Bensmom
NicksMom1210
momtoogsncjs
Tommygirl2002
CJ71903
ajvinsh
Adrienne1010
Admin
18 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 19 Empty Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by ajvinsh Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Kate - yeah I have to agree I think it was about 4 months we started her on cereal b/c she seemed to need more to eat
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

About My Family : love

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:51 pm

Kate- I only did cereal for a month starting at month 4. And it still took some time for my kids to get used to spoon feeding. And you only give them like a tablespoon per feeding in the beginning. Our pedi used to say no more than 28-32oz. of formula per day. My kids never drank that much though. I was lucky if they took 20oz. a day. They weren't big eaters so I'm not the best help.

AFM: Colin had his endoscopy this a.m. It went well. He did great. He slept about an hour after the procedure due to the anesthesia but woke up well so I was happy. He has a bruise from at the IV site but it's fine. We should get biopsy results in 5 days or so. He has had bad diarrhea 4 times since the procedure so I'm thinking the gas that was in his belly pushed some stuff down there... that and the IV fluids he got. No vomiting though which is great. He's such a great little guy with everything. The dr's and nurses couldn't believe how good he was!
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Job : RN

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:42 pm

Kate-I started Nick on cereal and veggies at 4 months. My pedi is one of the few that still says its ok to put it in the bottle, but I only did that a few times. The cereal actually helps with reflux because it stays down better. I started with orange/yellow veggies, then green, then fruit. I did about 4 days of each to make sure he wasn't allergic. We are going to start trying again sometime late summer/early fall. I want to wait until after my moms wedding, which is August 14th.

Jeannette-So glad Colin made out well! What a good boy Very Happy

AFM-Hi everyone else! Not much new here, gotta work tomorrow and then I have my 2 days off Very Happy . Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:39 pm

Jeanette-Yeah Ben's up to 32 oz and the doc was like whoa start him on the foods! LOL I'm a little nervous but excited! I'm glad Colin did so well today!

Denise, Adrienne, Aara-Thanks!

Becky C- Yay another chart to stalk! LOL

I think the AAP changed their standing on how often to introduce a new food to one new food a day rather than 3-4 days. We'll see how motivated I am to make that much! LOL Any suggestions for canned food that you guys have used? Especially if I'm not so good at the food making. I'm leaning more towards the organics.
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:31 pm

Kate ~ we used Beechnut over Gerber b/c you got more for the price. I didn't do the organics. I think my grocery store sold Earth's Best organic and they had their own line of organics, too. They were always about 40 cents more than the regular food. Wow ~ one day, huh?? I had to do 5 (according to my pedi). I actually only did 3. She's not allergic to anything. I do know that they have found no real reason to hold off giving peanut butter, shell fish, etc until 1. I think the only thing that still holds on to the one year old timeframe is honey due to the bacteria in it.

Jeannette ~ glad Colin did so well today. Alexa was the same way. She never made it to the 32 or 34 oz mark. The most I could get her to drink was about 26 and even then it was a struggle. Then she weaned herself off of the day bottles, she was maybe getting 18 oz. But she's fine.

Alicia ~ how was your little patient today?

Becky C ~ so summer, huh? I'm pretty sure we'll be trying in April. I'm just getting nervous b/c of my age and I think I just want to get it done - lol. I also was told by my pedi it was ok to put the cereal in the bottle. Alexa would it it in the morning with no problem but would not eat it at night so I had to put it in her bottle. She's a weirdo.

Hi to EOE. I'm getting ready to go crawl into my bed. Alexa is asleep and Chris is next door playing video games. I may just watch some tv. I'm feeling a headache coming on so maybe I can cut it off at the pass Very Happy
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:31 pm

Kate - I started all of my kiddos on cereal and fruit at 4 months. For the first 2 weeks I did just fruits then after that I introduced the veggies. I have used Gerber and Beechnut. They both have a line of Organic foods. I actually made my own this yearfor the first time too and it was great. I made Carrots, apples, I made Ham and apples too together. She loved it. I bought the ham in a can and mixed that with the cooked apples and used my food processor. Good Luck with everything. I bet little Ben will really like his food.
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:33 am

Denise-Thanks!

Gigi-I think I’ll enjoy doing the food because I like to cook. But it’s just finding the time! I think on the weekends I’ll be able to do it!

Today is busy…girls day this morning but first I have to go to BJ’s, then grocery shopping, then to Matt’s uncles 60th bday party. This is the first time most of his family is going to meet Ben but it’s at his bed time so it should be interesting!
Bensmom
Bensmom

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:10 am

Gigi - Thanks for the advice. I wonder if that coul.d be what is going on with my DH. I agree about the ammino. I would not push the envelope given the fact that yu are so close right now anyway. I can understand wanting Olivia to have her own day. I bet Olivia would agree as well. I hope she feels better, poor thing.

Kate - You hit the nail on the head. I need DH to understand that with a new baby you have no clue what eaqch passing second would bring which leaves no room for any routine, which makes life hard. I think I will step back and let him take care of Brody today like you mentioned. Normally I step in when Brody gets upset but I should let DH handle it and see what he does. How much formula does Ben get in a day. I am just curious. Brody eats like a mad man, he has been taking 2 ozs in a feeding since 2 days after he was born which stunned the nurses since usually their bellies are too little to handle that much food. Now he nurses and then takes 2 oz's on top of that. He wants to eat about every 2-3 hours. If he does not nurse first he wants 3 oz's and then he eats every 3-4 hours. I imagine he is going to be a big eater.

Jeannette - So glad to hear Colin's procedure went without a hitch and that he was so good!!!

Becky C. - I hope the day goes by quickly for you so you can be enjoying your days off

AFM: "Yesterday DH took the day off and his mother came out to visit. We went to the mall and walked around for a while. It was really nice. I had been given a gift card for Gymboree, so I bought a bunch of summer clothes for Brody. I also booked our vacation. We own a timeshare on the coast in Maine and I traded it this year to go to Cape Cod. I am so excited, we will be going the first week in June so Brody will be 4 months old. I caqn not wait to take him swimming and to play in the beach sand. It snowed all day yesterday and is snowing again this morning. The crazy thing is that if you leave our town it is not snowing. DH's mother said when she drove to our house yesterday she drove right into the storm and that it was not snowing anywhere else. I can not wait until next year when Brody can play in the snow. :}
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:11 am

Kate-
I prefer Beechnut brand of foods. Colin always liked those better. And I tried making my own several times and he hated them Sad Everything I ever read said to use fresh or frozen foods over canned b/c of the preservatives and such. I never used canned foods when making them. I used to boil or steam them and then you use the cooking liquid for pureeing b/c that's where a lot of the nutrients go. Then I would freeze them in freezer trays so I could store them in ziplock bags.
I'm curious about the AAP thing b/c I know as of last year it was 1 new item every 5 days. I always did wait it out though. Between being a RN and my MIL being an allergy/asthma RN, I was too afraid to take chances. I can tell you that honey is after age 1 and PB and shellfish are definitely still after age 2. MIL and I have discussions all of the time about these issues and her latest allergy conference just a few months ago is actually considering asking parents to wait until age 3 for PB. I was very strict about it with Olivia and I've been diligent with Colin as well. I'm worried about the PB in particular b/c it's never the first exposure that causes the reaction. A lot of times it's not the 2nd time either. We have two friends who have young kids with anaphylaxis to PB and Olivia has anaphylaxis with antibiotics. I'm still nervous and her last reaction was in May 2006!
Good luck with the food! Smile
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:19 am

Kate-
I looked up the new recommendations for food-
(As of 11/30/09) says one new food every 2-3 days). And eggs and fish after 6 months.
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Jeannette ~ I dreamed you were having a baby girl!

Hi to EOE. Not much going on. Just cleaning and checking in!
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:16 pm

Jeannette-I will be waiting on PB too because my FIL is allergic and I don't want to take any risks with Ben. That's for finding that on the food...I had heard in my baby food making class it was once a day but maybe they were misinformed. I am hoping that I enjoy making food for him and I hope he enjoys eating it! We'll be taking lots of pictures and video's!
Bensmom
Bensmom

Back to top Go down

Post by mommaking0105 Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:07 pm

Hey everyone. Glad everyone is still doing good.

I have forgotten all of what I have read. So I'm going to have to keep up more often.

hope everyone will have a wonderful weekend.
mommaking0105
mommaking0105

About My Family : I'm a teacher, wife, and mother to a wonderful daughter

Job : Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:02 am

Tasha-Hope you are feeling well!

Kate-We are going to wait until 2 to give Nick peanut butter. We have no allergies in our family, its just what our pedi recommends. I know some people say 1, but we are just going by what she says. My brother gave my nephew PB at 1 and he was fine, so hopefully Nick won't have any problems. One of my friends daughters is allergic, luckily she just had a minor reaction. Good luck with the foods! It will be an experience, lol. We always used Gerber, but just because thats what we bought at first and Nick never had a problem with it.

AFM-Just relaxing right now. We are headed to Wrights Chicken Farm today with some friends for dinner. Its a HUGE place where they serve you family style chicken, salad, macaroni, and french fries. They food is really good and we go a couple times a year. I am just excited cause they have this fabulous gift shop that sells beads for my pandora bracelet, lol.

So the hospital I work at is having some financial problems and different departments are offering voluntary reduction in hours. So basically I would go down to 4 days a week, whatever day they decided for me. It would be for like a 3 month period and then they would re-evaluate it. I would still be considered full time, would still pay the same for insurance, and still get the same amount of vacation time. I would sign something saying I still had my full time hours if I wanted them. I talked to DH and we both agreed that if they agreed I could do it. I don't think it would make a huge difference in what I make, because they take less taxes out when you work less hours. But if we did notice a difference I would go and change what I claim, because I still claim single-0, and we would take more money in that way. It would be great to have an extra day with Nick and have one less day I needed a babysitter. So I am going to talk to my boss and see what happens!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Becky C- I'm so jealous over the family style chicken! Yummy! I want some now! Good luck with cutting back your hours Smile I'm sure you would love having an extra day with Nick! And if you can save $$ on a sitter, that's awesome too. I pay $100 for a full day and $50 for a 1/2 day for Colin and it kills me at times. Let us know how it goes!!!
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Jeannette-we are actually really lucky because my cousin watches him 3 days a week for free, my mil has him 1 day and week, and I work saturdays so Chris is home. We pay NOTHING for daycare, I can't imagine how expensive it would be if we had to. I am hoping they go for this, they have offered it before and are doing it in the OR and ER now, so we'll see!
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

Back to top Go down

Post by mommaking0105 Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Becky C - that is good about you not having to pay for daycare. I will have to have daycare once school starts and right now the daycare I'm looking at is $100 a week so that isn't too bad. I'm feeling okay..just got a sore throat and a lil' runny nose. I'm so tired of getting sore throat because I know that means that my sinuses are starting to drain or I'm getting a cold. Either way, I'm so tired of getting sick. This weather that we have in Alabama is just too much for my body at this point. Because it's cold one week and warm another week. But overall I'm feeling good.

AFM - well the nursery is almost done...DH has to put the flooring down and just paint the characters and the crib should be here on Thursday or Friday. I don't know how much this week I'll be on because I have morning and afternoon duty and the morning duty starts at 7:05 -7:50 so I have to get up extra early. The afternoon duty isn't that bad but I know I do be tired afterwards. But I have a dr. appt. on Wednesday so I'll let ya'll know how it is. talk to everyone later. I hope everyone had a good weekend.
mommaking0105
mommaking0105

About My Family : I'm a teacher, wife, and mother to a wonderful daughter

Job : Teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:01 pm

Just wanted to let you guys know that I friend requested some of you on Facebook. So don't be alarmed if you see Georgia Thomas Davis sending you a request. I'll be back tomorrow to update. Nite!
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:01 pm

Tasha-I hope you feel better soon!

Becky C- I hope you are able to go to 4 days! We have free day care with the Grandma's and I feel so spoiled sometimes! It's amazing how much it costs...I wouldn't work if we had to do that becuase it's not worth it!

Stacey-I didn't answer your question.....he takes 32 oz a day.

I love making the baby food! I was kinda practicing the past couple days but I know I'll be able to feed him this stuff since it's in the deep freeze. They say to use it ideally within a month and it says up to 3 so I know it will get used! I think tomorrow night is the first night we're going to try cereal. I'll be taking lots of pictures and video!

Oh and we put him back on the prevacid. He was just really upset the past few days like he was in pain. We didn't know if it was teethin (because his two front ones are riiiiight there) or if it was the reflux. He wasn't as fussy or sad today so I guess we know the answer. The doc said we would see a change right away if he wasn't ready. Soooo I think our next goal is 6 months to see if we can take him off then. Good ol trial and error!
Bensmom
Bensmom

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:37 am

good morning...so I got a new computer yesterday...now I don't have to switch to robs to do everything...lol

I will be back later...someone forgot to install a mute button for the kids...lol...i think that will be my new fb post today Smile
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

Back to top Go down

Post by sstjohn77 Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:18 am

Kate - They have classes about making baby food? I am interested in doing that but was not aware there were classes. I may have to loook for one near me. Have you tried it yet? I am wondering how time conusming it is. Do you have any web sites or books that you have found helpful on the subject?

Tasha - 31 Weeks YAY!!!

Becky C. - YUM Wright's Chicken Farm!!! We may have to make a trip to Wright's soon. Now I am not going to be able to get over the craving. LOL I think it would be nice to only work 4 days a week to if we could afford it. Good luck. Hopefully there is no noticable impact and you get an extra day with Nick.

Gigi - How are you feeling? You are so close now!!

Aara - YAY for a new computer.

AFM: DH and I went to the Higgins Armory Museum yesterday with Brody. It was really interesting. Then we went to a place called "Wholly Canolly" we saw it on Phantom Gourmet a while ago and I have been craving it ever since. Today I am just relaxing as I am going to have a busy week. I am supposed to meet a few friends for lunch, my MIL is thinking about coming out for a visit and on Thursday I am going to IKEA with my BFF. IT feels so good to be getting out and about as I was beginning to go stir crazy in this house. Brody is hungry so I have to run.
sstjohn77
sstjohn77

Job : Software Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:30 am

Kate- I also started the boys on cereal at 4 months. I didnt do it for very long and went into food. I used beechnuts and gerber. I was bad with Leo and did not wait the 3-4 days with new foods. I would only wait a day. I was better with BRennan. So far they are not allergic to anything. Both boys also had PB at 1. I just made sure it was a thin layer b/c of choking.

Jeannette- glad everything went well!

Stacey- that is nice that you got out and did a little shopping!! The vacation sounds great!!!

Tasha- yayfor the nursery being almost done!!!

Well Brennan did have his pics and game. It was cold and drizzly. The poor little kids were complaining about their hands hurting Sad Right after his game is started pouring and they had to cancel the rest of the day. We had a last minute bday party at the park yesterday for my BF little guy. The kids had fun. I love the park b/c it is fenced in and for ages 2-5 so perfect size. It was cold and windy though. I have to go get Hep A and Hep B vaccines today. NOt looking forward to it Sad

Here are som pics of B!!
TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 19 R-1
TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 19 O-1
TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 19 I
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

Back to top Go down

Post by ajvinsh Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:45 pm

cute becky...such a lil man
ajvinsh
ajvinsh

Back to top Go down

Post by waiting4baby Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:14 pm

Becky - Love the pics! So cute.

Kate - I really like this website... http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/solids.htm. Also, we use Earth's Best organic foods. However, as far as organics go, there isn't as much as a variety and that goes for all jarred food. So we make some food and use Earth's Best for the rest. Gwen seems to like it. =)

I really do NOT want to go teach tonight. I stayed at the studio until 1:00am last night cleaning and trying to organize things for our new session. I definitely did not get caught up at all on any rest this weekend. And Gwen's teeth are hurting her so bad she is waking up every ten minutes just crying in her sleep. Poor girl.
waiting4baby
waiting4baby

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:29 pm

Becky-Love the pics! He is so grown up Very Happy

Holly-Poor Gwen Sad I hope her teeth stop hurting her soon

AFM-I talked to my boss this morning about the voluntary reduction in hours. She thought it was a great idea and needs to talk to her boss about it. Fingers crossed it all works out, I already have myself looking forward to it, lol.

We just got back from the Little Gym, Nick is doing great and LOVING the class. He doesn't want to leave, lol.

Talk to you all later!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next