Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC a Miracle 2009

+13
CJTTC
KieyasMommy
ajvinsh
denise73
shannon luddy
Brennan&Leosmama
BeckC1210
Tommygirl2002
Bensmom
momtoogsncjs
CJ71903
Admin
Adrienne1010
17 posters

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 8 Empty Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by Adrienne1010 Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:08 pm

Hey mamas! I had an appt. with the neuro NP today (I really like her). I told her I wasn't a fan of the Methergine b/c I've had a foot cramp for a week (leg cramps are a s/e) and my lungs/chest has felt funny (like tight/a bit painful when I take a deep breath) for a week. I was only on the Rx for 3 days! She decided to not have me take it again, and ordered me to have a chest xray (which I would have had to have anyway if I was going to stay on it). We were discussing BCPs and I mentioned that I don't really get a period. She asked if I at least get spotting. I said no. She said, "well, how do you know that you're not pregnant?" Because I just know, that's how! Then I just sat there thinking, what if I'm one of those women on tv that didn't know that they were pregnant? I'm 99% sure I'm not pregnant, but when I get a chance to stop at the $Tree, I'll pick up a test, just to make myself feel better. The BCP I'm on causes little to no AF. I still get my menstrual migraine...I count that as my AF! So then I went down to the imaging dept. The xray tech asks me if I'm pregnat. I said I don't think so. She said she can't do the xray unless I'm not pregnant. So I said no. She made me sign something saying I'm not, and put this lead skirt thingy on me while she did the xray. Now I'm just waiting to make sure everything is ok with my lungs. Smile That methergine is a scary drug with some super scary side effects. Sad

Shannon- so sorry that you have to have surgery again. That is such a bummer and it completely ruins your plans! Sad Is the doc surprised that the cyst didn't shrink on it's own? I wonder what causes that? Do you have PCOS? I hope that you heal much faster than last time!

Becky C- My friends just had their second round of IUI and find out tomorrow if they get a BFP or not. I feel so bad for them. I've quit asking her about the details b/c I don't want to only talk to her about TTC, YKWIM? She's not a really close friend, but her and her DH are on our once a month bowling team. Her DH is really good friends with my DH. I get the details through my DH (which is funny hearing them from a guys perspective in guys words). From what I understand, IVF is their next step if this round of IUI doesn't work. My DH said that they will take her egg out and put her DH's sperm in it then put it in her. haha!
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Oh, and I wanted to mention that my blood pressure was 90/60. Is that freakishly low? My normal is 110/65. Is there such a thing as too low. I guess it's better than too high, right? Smile
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:58 pm

Adrienne ~ that's on the low end but not abnormal. You could have been slightly dehydrated.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:03 pm

denise73 wrote:Adrienne ~ that's on the low end but not abnormal. You could have been slightly dehydrated.
I didn't drink anything yet, but it was only 8 am. But, that could be the case. I've just been feeling 'off' since I took that med. I did my own 'google' doctoring Wink and high and low blood pressure can be side effect (seriously? I hate when there are opposite side effects. You could get constipated or have diarreah. Really? How about one or the other, not both. That just doesn't make sense. Or how about you're taking a drug for headaches, but a side effect is that it causes headaches. Sigh.).

I'm going to end up sending myself to the nut house! lol! Oh well. Smile I could use a vacation. Laughing
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:46 am

Not having anything to drink will lower your bp. And stay away from Google - lol.

I just wanted to say I'm off to visit my parents for 3 days so have a good rest of your week and I'll be back on Saturday!
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:52 am

Denise - Have a good trip to your parents! Hopefully you're rested up from your other night up with Alexa!

Adrienne - Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon. That seems like a pretty low bp, but it doesn't sound totally abnormal or anything. Have you heard from your friend yet if her IUI worked or not? Infertility is so painful...

Becky C. - Did you hear anything from your friend that's doing the IUI yet?

AFM - Had another doctor's appointment on Monday which went well!!! I've been emotional on and off lately - was especially emotional on Saturday night after my second Babies' Shower.

We're STILL waiting for our nursery furniture to come in. The last thing that we're waiting for is our Babies' dresser. They should be able to deliver everything next week at the latest (I'm "on call" right now if the dresser would come in earlier so that we could get everything earlier). Anyway, I sent an email to the shop that we ordered everything from and asked if we could just set an appointment to get everything delivered next week, regardless of the dresser being in or not. I'm trying hard not to think about all of this too much since I don't want it stressing me out.

Neutral
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:59 am

Adrienne- I hope you are feeling better soon.

Clare- glad your dr appt went well. I hopw you get it all figrued out the the funiture so you do not have to stress!

I havent been feeling well lately. Looks like I am going to have to go on yucky meds that I do not want. I do need to feel better though so it is what it is.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:21 pm

Denise-Have fun!

Clare-Don't stress too much, I am sure everything will be here on time. Have they said how close to your due date they are going to let you go or are they just gonna wait and see what happens? I haven't heard from my friend, I am pretty sure she is supposed to find out this week. I called her yesterday and left a message but she never called back. Sometimes she gets in moods where she doesn't want to talk about anything. Sad

Becky-I hope you are feeling better soon and sorry it looks like you have to go back on your meds. My aunt who has Crohn's who has always had it worse than my mom has been in and out of the hospital lately. She came here from Penn. when my grandmother was passing and hasn't been able to go back. Hers is so bad that it is in her throat and her mouth. She has never taken very good care of herself though.

Adrienne-(aka Dr. Google) Hope you are feeling better!!!

AFM-Nick and I had a make-up Little Gym class this morning then in a bit we are leaving to go visit a friend who just had a baby a few weeks ago. Tonight DH and I have to go to our friends church for a baptism class because we are their sons godparents. That makes godchild #6 for me, lol.

I am STILL feeling crappy...I just hit 12 weeks so I am hoping this comes to an end ASAP. The Unisom stopped working, although the nausea is not as bad so I am afraid to stop taking it at night and see how I really feel in the morning. I have discovered if I constantly chew gum the saliva thing doesn't bother me that much so thats what I've been doing.

Alright, TTYL!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Becky C. - I can't believe that you're 12 weeks already! Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon. It seems like, at this point at least, my doctor is just going to wait it out. I don't have an induction or c-section scheduled as of now.
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:01 pm

I thought you all might like to see a recent picture of my belly! This pic was taken just this week - at 32 weeks!!! I love my Babies belly!!!!! Smile

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 8 32Weeks2-1

Also, did anyone have leg (calf), ankle, and foot swelling during their pregnancy? I have some pretty severe swelling and it hurts when I walk. Just wondering what any of you did for it (if anything). My doctor said that it's normal and with being pregnant with Twins, especially normal and that there's not much I can do. Just thought I would ask you all.
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:32 pm

Clare-I can't believe I am that far along either, I guess the time flew by because I missed a whole month, lol. You look adorable!!! I had pretty bad swelling, which started right around 32 weeks. I just kept my feet up and my dr told me to cut down on sodium, mostly any kind of soda. I used to get really uncomfortable. For about two weeks after I had him it actually got really bad in my feet, ankles, and hands. Hope you are feeling well!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:37 am

Becky- I am lucky right now that my crohns is in just one early. I am afraid these new meds are gonna push back having another baby. I am not ready yet but afraid I might be on them for a while. 12 wks already!!! I hope you are feeling better!

Clare- you look great! I was lucky and didnt have any swelling. Good luck!

What are all the LO gonna be for Halloween? Brennan is gonna be a scarecrow and Leo a frog! Brennan gets to dress up tomorrow for school! They are having a party and parade. Then sat. night my parents are having a party. I hope their costumes make it to halloween!!
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:43 am

Hey ladies!

Ben is going to be Chewbacca becuase he makes this funny noise when he's crying and mad that sounds like Chewy. I'm going to be Robin Hood! My mom is making me a green felt had Smile Sorry no persies I'm beat....Ben had a tough night and I did too...mostly going back to the days when he was little and I didn't know what to do to make him feel better. He just woke up a few times crying and crying but not like opening his eyes. It was like he was stuck in a bad dream or something.
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:27 am

Kate- that is cute! Sorry you had a tough night. My guys have done that before with the crying in their sleep. I have been having a hard time getting Leo to sleep. Last night he was up until 10. Lately it has been between 9-9:30.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:15 pm

Ben is really good about going down at 7 and has been since he was really little. I hope it was just a fluke and tonight is better. It was just weird becuase it was for an hour or so he would cry and nothing made him better.
Bensmom
Bensmom

Back to top Go down

Post by raevynnlea Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:45 pm

sorry for your BFN heather Sad.. Sorry its got you down...

clare- yeah for the shower and van!! Exciting!! If we have any more, im getting one!!

Becky- sorry you feel crappy Sad hope you start to feel better soon...

Hi guys- its been crazy. Ive been having issue juggling being PG, work and a toddler. I was sick after my trainings last week. Took me a few days to realize i wasnt eating enough. If I eat every couple hours ( just a bit).. i dont get sick. Sleeping is killing me. Im a "flat on my belly" sleeper. I cant now. I feel bloated and it makes me queasy. I got a PG pillow and it helps a TON. I had my first PG migraine. I HATE them. Its the only time I get them anymore. i cant see and the side its on tingles for an hour!! it sucks and is scary....I have already started "showing".. not totally because im a big girl and you cant tell im PG.. but my belly has "popped" out. My pants dont fit right and dh says my belly sticks out further then my BB's Smile LOL. i took pictures... its amazing.. its like when i was 16wks with aly! Ive only gained 1.5lbs and i look that different!. My first Dr is next tuesday...and the vivid dreams have started. Its not fun. The first our neighbors dogs were backing all night.. so i dreamed about why. I had terrible, violent dreams about people invading our house and attacking our friends... and the last couple nights the dreams with sexual content. I prefer my sleep to be uneventful!! LOL....

halloween- Plans??

On saturday our town does an outside buisness trick-or-treat for the kids. Were gonna dress aly up and go do that. Then we will probably come home and pain out pumpkins ( we dont care cause im allergic).. then sunday in the evening they do something at the mall. We like it cause its inside and dry and safe. We will go with my parents then back to my house for taco soup and games (which we do every year)..my dad always makes snacks shaped like eyes, or bats or something. it will be fun....
raevynnlea
raevynnlea

About My Family : Im a WAHM.... Im so blessed to be with my Boo every day!!

Job : WAHM

http://thealdamafamily.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:34 pm

I remember the vivid dreams too! I hope you're able to keep feeling better. Halloween plans are just trick or treating with Ben's little friend. My mom is going to hand out candy here becuase her house is in the middle of the woods.

Tomorrow is Ben's 1st Birthday party! Our house is no where near ready for the droves of people but at least it will be sunny and nice out!
Bensmom
Bensmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Moemccormick Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:31 pm

Hey Ladies! Sorry I'm tired tonight and dont' have a lot of energy, but wanted to say hello! And let everyone know I am thinking about them. I ended up working 16 hours last night/this morning b/c someone for dayshift decided to show up a few hours late. Grr! But at least it is a little overtime. Fortunately I had a good night at work. It was really busy, but in a challenging way and not too stressful. I actually got a nice compliment from one of the night shift doctors that I work with the most. He said "You know more about neuro stuff than any nurse I've ever met!" Haha! I told my DH said "Of course, cuz you are the best nurse ever! Why don't you believe me?!?" I tried to explain to DH that he isn't exactly objective when it come to giving me compliments so it was cool to hear it from a colleague.

Anyway, my body is making me go "Hmmmm" lately. My last period was 3 weeks ago and it was a lot lighter than usual. Last weekend my tummy was feeling yucky and I had a headache...but then again I made us a big yummy dinner and ate way too much. Then last night and tonight I've been having menstrual-like cramps, I keep checking but no period and I am not due until next weekend. I don't "think" I am PG, but not sure why my body is behaving like this. I would love to be PG, but now is really not a good time with DH in school for 32 more months and me being the only one working. Part of me wants to buy a test tomorrow (if DH goes to the library to study so he doesn't see) another part says I am being ridiculous and I should wait until after next weekend. I just had to vent/share with you guys...I know you will understand (even though I know I am going to get lots of advice to POAS, LOL).

Well I am going to go read or sleep...or both. I've more news to share, but I'll leave that until later this weekend.
Maureen

Moemccormick

About My Family : Married to my wonderful husband, Vincent since 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Moemccormick Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:50 am

Well, mystery solved as to why I was having menstrual cramps...b/c AF decided to come a week early. Oh joy...NOT!
Maureen

Moemccormick

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:55 am

Hello Ladies!
I know it's been awhile since I had a moment to post.
Heather - Sorry about those dream. I still get vivid ones from time to time too and i'm not even pregnant lol.

Heather C- Sorry about the negative (((((hugs))))).

Becky - I hope your Crohns calms down for you. My Bf has that and I feel for you guys its a rough disease!

Maureen - I'm still waiting for mine to come too! I was put on Meds over a month ago and when I went off of them i was to get my period 2-4 days later and Tomorrow it's been 3 weeks and still no period Hmmm?

Soo school is going great. I don't have much time for nothing else other than school, kids school kids but it's all worth it. I am going to run now and clean up this living room but house is destroyed like a hurricane hit it!
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

Back to top Go down

Post by Moemccormick Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:56 pm

Ok here is the other news I alluded to yesterday. I got a voice mail from my mom on Thursday saying that she got scammed and the bank took some money out of my savings account b/c we both forgot that her name is on my account from when I opened it when I was 15 yrs old! Of course I run and get online and check my online account b/c DH tuition money is in one of our savings account. Luckily the tuition account wasn't touched but my savings that I was going to use to visit my family next year & for christmas/anniversary presents was wiped out....$3500!!!
I called my mom to find out what happened. Apparently she fell for one of those scams where someone mails you a check they you wire them money. She said she thought she was safe b/c she had called the attorney generals office & they didn't have any complaints about this company (it was probably just created right before she got scammed...duh!). So she deposited the check and waited a couple of days before wiring the money...well right after she wired the money, they stopped payment on the check. My mom went to the bank b/c she knew she would be overdrawn and wanted to set up a payment plan but they told her it was taken care of b/c they had taken the money from her "other account"...that was when she found out that she was still on my account.

At first I was really mad at my mom, how could she have fallen for this! She said she will pay me back $200/month, but I know she can't afford this b/c before we left Seattle and our income was 75% more I was sending her money every month to help make ends meet. What worries me is what other unwise financial decisions is she making? Also, if they got $3500 out of my account...how much did they get out of hers? I spoke to my bank and I can't report the fraud b/c it happened on my mom's account. Mom said she called the sherrif, but we have to wait and see if we are able to recover any funds...I kind of doubt it.
So now I have to work on getting my mom off my account. Ugh!
Ok enough of my ranting. I need to enjoy this weekend. I can't wait to 'hear' what everyone did for halloween. I'm not doing anything but laundry, dishes and sleeping this weekend. We bought tons of candy b/c there are lots of little kids in our apartment complex...but I didn't realize that Charleston decided to celebrate Halloween on Thursday night instead...WTF?!? Who ever heard of that? It must be an East coast thing, lol. Apparently the kids in our complex were only trick or treating to people who were standing outside by their garages with candy (like our elderly neighbors did) b/c no one rang our bell DH said (I was at work). So now I have 5 bags of candy...going to have to take it to work so we don't eat it all!
Maureen

Moemccormick

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:58 pm

Maureen-That’s awesome that that doctor paid you that compliment! Sorry AF came a week early! I’m having crazy cramps with weird bleeding…must be an off month for us both. Sorry that stuff happened with your mom…. I hope you’re able to talk to her about other money things she does down the road to talk to you or your siblings first.

Gigi-Hi! Glad to hear from you you busy lady!

Ben’s first birthday party was a blast and I didn’t get stressed at all! There were a ton of people her but it all worked out nicely! I hope you guys are having a nice weekend!
Bensmom
Bensmom

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:13 am

Clare ~ your belly is so cute! You look great. I'm jealous. I'm pretty sure I'm bigger than you with only one baby in there Surprised( LOL. Don't stress over the furniture. It will all work itself out, I promise.

Becky ~ I'm sorry you are feeling so icky. I hope you don't have to be on the yucky meds for very long.

Becky C ~ I'm sorry you're still feeling sick. I was sick until 18 weeks with Alexa and 21 with this one so I'm no help. I lived on zofran and phenergan. I'm finding that I'm getting waves of nausea again. This started a week or so ago. I'm thrilled....not.

Clare ~ I had horrible swelling with Alexa. My ankles were huge and my fingers looked like sausages. I couldn't wear my rings from week 30 on. It sucked. And my hands ached.

Kate ~ I hate it when they have those nights. Especially since they are older. It drives me nuts. Alexa did that a couple of weeks ago where she was up every night for a couple of hours. I am almost positive she has bad dreams b/c sometimes she won't be fully awake when I go in there and she'll be sobbing. Poor kid. I love the Chewy idea!!

Heather ~ I was wearing maternity shirts at 9 weeks with this one. I'm guessing 2nd kids just show earlier.

Maureen ~ sorry about AF and sorry about your mom being scammed. I hope you can get it resolved. I think I am going to try your soup in the next few days since it's so chilly out there. I'm excited! And congrats on the compliment from the doc!

Gigi ~ glad you are enjoying school! And sometimes it's good to be busy. Just remember to breathe every once in awhile Smile

Kate ~ I'm glad Ben's party went well!

Hi to EOE. We had a good trip to Pittsburgh. It was Chris' first trip in over 2 years (if you remember he and my mom got into a huge fight and didn't speak until this past September) and he was nervous but it worked out fine. Driving in the car killed me, though. I still can't breathe right. I've tried everything from saline to the neti pot to nose spray to the humidifier. Sigh. I guess I'll just breathe in December.

Alexa didn't want to trick or treat last night. We went to two houses and she cried at both so I just quit. No need to traumatize the child.....but it left me with a very crappy candy stash!

I have my 34 week appt on Wednesday. One more 2 week appointment and then every week. I keep having these very strong dreams that this baby is not a girl but a boy. I guess we'll find out in about 6 weeks or so.

I'm off to relax before Alexa wakes up. TTYL.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:37 am

Heather- sorry you are having a hard time. I hope it gets easier.

Kate- glad the party went well!

Maureen- sorry AF was early. That really stinks about the money. That is crazy that no kids came to your house.

Gigi- I am glad school is going well for you!!

Denise- yay for a good trip. Sorry you candy stash is small! The boys didnt get a lot either. Wow 34 wks already!!

We had a fun, busy weekend. My parents had a party sat. night. The boys had a blast playing with their cousins! Last night we went tirck or treating. My parents come over and hand out candy so we can both walk with the boys. We do our neighbors and then walk to MIL. Hit some houses on the way. The boys looked so cute! I have pictures on FB.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:32 am

Maureen-That sucks! I hope you get your money back Sad I have heard of those schemes on the news, I guess they are a big thing now!

Denise-Glad you had fun on your trip...hope you are feeling better. My nose has been driving me crazy at night, just the right side which is really annoying. Oh, the things we go through for out children, lol. BTW, a friend of mine was told she was having a girl and it ended up being a boy...just sayin Smile How did Chris and your mom make out?

Becky-Glad you guys has a great halloween! Hope you are feeling better!

Kate-Glad the party went well!

Gigi-Glad school is going well!

AFM-Nick is sick AGAIN. Same thing he had about a month ago, croup and fever at night, cough all day so bad he is gagging himself Sad I think this is our last semester at the Little Gym. I have a feeling thats where he's getting all the germies from.

Halloween was good, we stopped by my aunts, Dh's grandmothers, and my moms. By the time we got home Nick was so pooped and not feeling too good so we just went to one neighbors house.

So I feel as big as a house already, lol. I swear I get pg and I blow up like a tick! My face and everything changes. I am looking forward to having this LO and then getting back to normal again and staying that way! I already plan on going to a wellness program that my work offers. Its $50 and you get a personal trainer, nutricianist, and gym membership for 3 months. At the end of the 3 months if you stick with it you get your money back! I swear I am eating healthier and just can't stop my butt from growing once I'm pg! lol

Alright, I am off to relax with my little sicky. We are going to make wine biscuits from my grandmothers recipe box. We used to make them all the time together when I was little...hopefully they turn out like she used to make!

TTYL!

Becky C.

BeckC1210
BeckC1210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next