Trying to Conceive a Miracle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC a Miracle 2009

+15
CJTTC
CJ71903
sstjohn77
KieyasMommy
Brennan&Leosmama
Tommygirl2002
momtoogsncjs
mfowler08
mommaking0105
Bensmom
shannon luddy
denise73
Adrienne1010
BeckC1210
ajvinsh
19 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 13 Empty Re: TTC a Miracle 2009

Post by momtoogsncjs Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:03 am

If you girls could say a quick prayer for me I'd appreciate it. I've been so upset and emotional since yesterday.

For those who didn't see on FB....
The anesthesiologist had been trying to reach me over the weekend but we didn't connect so she called me again at 10am yesterday. She told me to come over to the hospital as soon as possible to get some bloodwork done and come up to L&D to see her. Of course I packed Colin up and drove up there. Got the bloodwork done and have to go back next week for another round. Go up to meet with the dr...

She's super nice but very concerned about my case sad.gif I already knew I wasn't having an epidural but was banking on a spinal for the c/s. Well now they are all concerned about the bleeding risks again and scared that I could bleed into the spinal space sad.gif If that were to happen, I could be paralyzed. She said it's rare, but I'd be bleeding without anyone knowing it. Also, they are nervous that if I have serious adhesions again or if I do rupture or start having excessive bleeding that the spinal isn't adequate enough to support the surgery and they'll put me out anyway. So, the groups have discussed and think that me going under general anesthesia for the c/s is the safest option for everyone. They would do all of the prepwork and whatnot while I'm awake, immediately put me under, and baby needs to be out within 3 minutes to avoid being potentially put under as well. We don't want to cause any additional respiratory distress. Nick can't be in the OR so neither of us gets to witness the birth sad.gif NICU and Peds will be there from the beginning as well as the rest of my team. If baby is healthy he/she can go with Nick to recovery for a bit and if not baby goes with Nick to NICU and I finish surgery. They are also planning for am emergency hysterectomy if needed.

I absolutely have to do whatever is safe but I'm nervous and sad as this isn't what I truly want. We'll see how the appt. next week goes.
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

About My Family : Married to Nick for 8+ years and Mommy to 2 and 1 on the way!

Job : RN

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:30 am

Jeannette- I am so sorry. I think you are a brave woman. I will be praying for you.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Job : I am an office manager for a property managment office.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:49 am

Sorry I haven't been around. I suck.

Jeannette- Wow! I'm praying for you and your family! I hope everything turns out better than expected!

I'm alive (kinda). I've been really sick with some type of virus thing. I was sick 2 weekends ago, and called in sick the following Monday. I was better near the end of the week, but got really sick again this past weekend (my lovely 4 day weekend was totally ruined). Then I called in sick yesterday. Sigh. I still feel really crummy, but I hope I'm finally improving.

Sorry I haven't been on much. I haven't even read all of the posts since the last time I checked in...
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:53 am

Adrienne- sorry you have been so sick. I hope you are better soon.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

About My Family : I am married to a wonderful man, Matt. We have 2 beautiful little boys. Brennan is 4 and Leo is 16 months. We plan to start TTC #3 in about a year and half.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:57 am

Jeanette - I'm so sorry about the situation. I must have missed something I didn't realize that you had a bleeding problem. I am sure you mentioned it but I must of over looked it as some point. I feel the same way as you and hope that whatever they end up doing is the best for you and the baby. I know that not seeing the birth is so upsetting but on the other hand if something happens to you, you won't get to see those children or that baby and it's important for you to be here to raise them and watch them grow. i know that's no help I just want what is best for you. I will pray for you and the baby. Let us know if there is anything you need in the line of support of course since I am not around you lol.

OK, I am not having a good morning. I have been trying all day so far to get Lily to sleep in her crib. As you know she has been a swing sleep for a while now and am trying to get her to transition to the bed for sleeping. It has been so hard today. Denise has helped me and so did some other friends on FB. But she will just scream up there all day if I let her. She never gives up! I just resorted to putting her back in the swing and she is now asleep. I have been trying since 8:30 this morning and it's not good. She just screams .I think it would be better if she kept her Binky in her mouth but it falls out and that is it for her. She bawls. She doesn't like sleeping anywhere but the swing. Any suggestions girls? I just had a nice breakdown and cried myself, I feel like I am failing here! I need some Help!!!!!!!! No
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Job : Stay at home mom!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:59 am

Adrienne we were posting at the same time. I hope you start to feel better soon. I think when you get sick in the summer it's harder to get over for some reason. I'm thinking of you!
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:56 pm

Jeannette - I'm so sorry to hear that you are having to undergo such a stress situation right now. I hope that everything works out okay and that they're just being super cautious. (((((Hugs)))))
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:57 pm

ANybody know the penalties for cashing in stock that is in a retirement program?
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne1010 Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:22 pm

Becky- do you mean like, taking money out of a 401(k) or IRA before retirement age or are you talking about an employee that was issued stock in their company at a discount? There are so many different situations, so I'd need more specific info.
Adrienne1010
Adrienne1010

About My Family : Me, DH and DS...born 11/08

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:34 pm

Becky-
Depending on where the $$ is coming from, there are usually penalties due to age. I know the age used to be 59.5 years old. On top of the penalties, this $$ is taxable to you as income too. Years ago I used to tell people to count on losing about 40% of the $$ to the penalties and taxes so that they weren't surprised. Unless you are truly desperate, not a really good idea.
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:58 pm

Jeanette-I’m praying for you and you’re right you’ll do what will keep everyone safe and I’m sure the doctors will too. I’m sorry it’s not the birth plan that you would like but once that baby is safe and sound (you too!) it won’t matter in the big scheme of things.

Adrienne-Sorry you’re sick…. Blah!

Gigi-I had the same problem with Ben=) loved his swing for naps…. Here’s what I did. It was a week from hell but worth it in the end. I would put him down in his crib 90min from when he woke up last. I would do a little soothing before hand. If he cried straight I would go in after 5min, 10 min, and then 15 min and pat him to let him know I was there. BUT he had to stay in there for an hour. Then did the same thing again at the next nap time. If he cried a little then was quite then cried a little then was quiet I didn’t go in because he got it that he was supposed to be going to sleep. After a week he was sleeping in his crib for naps. Also nap sleep and night sleep are two different things so don’t worry about night time if she’s doing ok at night in there. I highly recommend the book Health Sleep Habits Happy Child. I didn’t follow everything in there but a lot of it helped me understand him a bit more and what his natural rhythms are. It was actually around the age that Lily is that I started doing it with Ben. HUGGSSSS to you and feel free to send me an email or something on FB because I check there a lot during the day. Esp if you need support or words of advice!! Girl I feel your pain!!
Bensmom
Bensmom

About My Family : First time mom to Ben born 10/22/09

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:02 pm

Jeannette ~ I'm sorry you have to go through this. I know you'll do whatever is best for baby but still......I'm sure you'll come through it just fine. And it's great to know you have so many doctors caring about you.

Kate ~ yes, yay for meltdowns - lol. Yeah, we've told almost everyone. Chris had been telling since about 5 weeks, I waited until about 10.

Adrienne ~ sorry you've been so sick. I hope you're better soon.

Becky ~ when I took my one retirement out to pay off my car, they did a 20% penalty through the retirement itself and then the IRS kept another 9 or 10%. But it didn't seem like 30% because I had slightly over 12 thousand in there and I got a check for 9995. So, give or take 30%.

Clare ~ how are you feeling?

Hi to EOE. I'm having an ok day now that I got sick once this am. I think it's my allergies. They suck. I had lunch with a friend and her son who is 15 months today. Alexa was such a diva when it came to toys - oy - if Brody took something from her, she cried. Granted she was tired but still, holy cow! She's napping now so I think I may try to lay down. TTYL.
denise73
denise73

Job : SAHM

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:01 pm

Denise - I'm feeling alright. I've been battling headaches for the past few days now. They tend to happen when I lay down which, I was told, is a normal pregnancy symptom. I don't like taking anything, but if they get too bad, I take a Tylenol. It sounds like you're starting to feel better, huh? Hope your allergies are under control too. Do you take anything for them?
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckC1210 Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:34 pm

Jeannette-I am so sorry for what you are going through, this has been such a difficult pregnancy for you. It must be hard for you to have to accept that things have to go this way, and not the way you want them to. But like you said, you have to do what is safest for you and that little one. I will be praying for you and your family, keep that little one cooking and pretty soon you will be home with your three babies.

Adrienne-I hope you are feeling better and stay that way!

Gigi-I would definitely do what Kate said…sounds like good advice! Have you tried her on her belly like we talked about?

Denise-Nick isn’t big on sharing either, lol. Every once in awhile he does and surprises me, but other than that he is king of the tantrums when someone takes stuff away from him!

AFM-Nothing much new, Nick and I had a nice day together. We did some shopping and then hung out by the kiddie pool. Had to get some gifts for my cousins 3 kids. The birthday party for all three of them is this sunday (2 are twins). Its nice because its at this huge playground called the Impossible Dream, there is a hall that you rent and the money goes towards a children’s charity and the kids get the run of the playground.. I wish Nick had a summer bday, it’s a great place to have a party!

Alright, back to work tomorrow…talk to everyone later!!!

Becky C.
BeckC1210
BeckC1210

About My Family : Mom to Nick born 12/10/2008, wife to Chris

Job : X-Ray Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by denise73 Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Clare ~ I'm taking Zyrtec everyday. If I don't, I get so much drainage that it goes to my belly and makes me sick. I sometimes add a sudafed since I'm almost 12 weeks along. I hate taking it but if I don't, I can't function. I had a pretty bad bout of dizziness a couple of weeks ago. I would be laying down and the room would spin. Chris got freaked but I had him check my blood pressure, which was 100/60, and told him that there was nothing they could do. It's gone now. I have no idea what the issue was. I'll bring it up to the doctor next Friday when I go for my 12 week check up.

Becky C ~ yeah, the tantrums. Oy. She cries until she sobs. I know she's just frustrated. But don't underestimate her because she can give it, too. I've seen her rip a toy right out of her cousin's hands and not think twice about it.
denise73
denise73

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:38 am

Thanks Adrienne, Jeannette and Denise- DH worked for Publix and was given shares. He got a statement last week and it said it was a retirement program.

Gigi- sorry for the slepping issues. I wish I had advice for you.

Denise- hope you are feeling better

Becky- the party sounds nice!

I have my CAt scan this afternoon. I am starting to get worried about it. NOt about the test itself but about the results. I hope it is nothing serious.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by JustAMom Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Hey ladies sorry I've been mia I hardly get on lately even on mmt! for those that don't know I had Danielle on her due date 03.25.10 ( 1 day before her big sisters bday ) she was 9lbs 5.6oz and no stitches! we've battled through afterpains and breastfeeding issues things seem to be on course for the most part now. My body seems to be all over the place I've had 2 periods in the space of 3 weeks strange I know, I just think the uterus doesn't like me lol! Having two really doesn't leave much time for other things!

I hope things are going well. I should back read a bit Smile
JustAMom
JustAMom

About My Family : Just us and our two girls

Humor : sarcastic/dirty

Back to top Go down

Post by JustAMom Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:03 pm

I back read a bit

Congrats Clare on TWINS !! how friggin cool is that !!!

Hi Maureen I've missed you!

Denise congrats on your pregnancy as well !!

Tasha congrats on Malika she is beautiful!

Candice- Carson is very handsome !! Very Happy

Jeannette- you are so close ! I'm sorry to read that you will be put completely under for the c/s I really hope it goes smoothly can't wait to see pics of you with your LO!

And Hi to EOE !

Here are a couple of pics of Danielle

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 13 IMG_4322

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 13 IMG_4314

and a recent one of Rylie ( she's getting so big! )

TTC a Miracle 2009 - Page 13 DSCF2111

( if they are large they will resize once PB catches up )
JustAMom
JustAMom

About My Family : Just us and our two girls

Humor : sarcastic/dirty

Back to top Go down

Post by momtoogsncjs Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:54 pm

Ash! Your girls are SO cute! Thanks for coming to see us!

I want to thank all of you girls for your thoughts and prayers. They really mean a lot to us. Only 13 days to go at this point. I'm getting nervous and excited!
momtoogsncjs
momtoogsncjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:42 pm

Ash-Thanks for catching us up! The girls are so cute=)
Bensmom
Bensmom

Back to top Go down

Post by CJ71903 Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:56 pm

Thanks, Ash! Smile Your daughters are adorable, by the way!
CJ71903
CJ71903

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:54 am

HI Ash! Your girls are so cute!!

So both boys finally slept all night. Too bad we had a big thunderstorm that woke me. My parents had a crazy night. My dad woke up at 2am b/c his neighbors shed was on fire. It is only about 10 ft from my parents house. Luckily it didnt spread to my parents trees or house.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommygirl2002 Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:05 am

ASH - Congrats on Danielle. She and Rylie are beautiful!

Becky - OMG about the Shed. What a way to be woken up!

Kate - Thanks so muc hfor the advice. Today I did waht you suggested. She cried I went in at 5 minutes and then I waited 10 miuntes and gave her the binky again and waited with her for a few minutes and she went to sleep. I actually put the boppy in the crib today to see if she liked it and she did better. She only slept for 15 minute since Olivia was down for her nap too and Revolted against it and through a tantrum for 10 minutes until she fell asleep but woke Lily up with all the screaming lol. So Now lily won't go back to sleep at all! Lucky me!

Denise - Are you gonna find out what your having?

Clare - I hope you feeling better and haven't had any more dizzy spells. I'm thinking of you.

Becky - I did try the belly but now when I put her on her belly she just wants to lift her little head up and look around! BRat! lol lol. But I did her a video monitor and that helps be too keeping an eye on her.

Hello to everyone else. I am not retaining much information these days. I woke up this morning and I have a bad headache and an upset tummy. But as I said before I got Lily to sleep in her crib for 15 minutes!!! I am considering that as progress!!!!!!!!!!!!!. LOL. Caleb is home today which make for 3 high maintenance children! Fun. GOtta go. Caleb feels he needs to eat every hour on the hour! Dear God! Help me I need some patience!
Tommygirl2002
Tommygirl2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Bensmom Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:45 pm

Gigi-It’s a start! Too bad Olivia was revolting and woke her up. But baby steps are all it takes and they finally get it and you get a minute to yourself!! I also think I need to eat every hour on the hour sometimes!

This weekend has been pretty fun. Last night we went to a mommy friends house that I met in my new mom’s group. There are three of us who get along really well so the babies went to bed and all of us and our husbands hung out. Today was a blah day because it’s been looking like rain so we didn’t do much. I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!
Bensmom
Bensmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennan&Leosmama Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:30 am

Kate- glad you had a nice weekend!

I had a nice weekend. DH took Brennan to a arena football game sat. night. They had a blast! Leo and I hung out with my mom! Yesterday we took the boys to the park w/ my brother and nephew. Last night after dinner we let the boys play in the sprinkler. My niece came over too! It was a nice relaxing weekend. NOw back to work.
Brennan&Leosmama
Brennan&Leosmama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next